Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Igbos And Their Christmas Love. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Their Christmas Love. (3909 Views)

Pro-nigerian Igbos And Easterners / Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
What is it with igbos and chritsmas?. They celebrate chritsmas more than any other in the world. i was wondering why a foreign culture could go down well with a group of people so much that you may think it originated from igboland. Why is christmas so special especially among igbos and why do they always travel [/b]to their [b]mother land for it?. 90% of the Nigerian work force in my hospital that will be off duty this december are ibos . Their love for christmas is unparalleled even when economy is hitting hard. What do igbos see in christmas?.

Do they know it's oyibo culture?.

Do they have any other festival in igboland that they celebrate half as they celebrate christmas?.

Why must they buy a new car, house etc for christmas?

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
Do you have a problem with that? Maybe we igbos should start celebrating muslim sallah if that makes you happy.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
uihebom: What is it with igbos and chritsmas?. They celebrate chritsmas more than any other in the world. i was wondering why a foreign culture could go down well with a group of people so much that you may think it originated from igboland. Why is christmas so special especially among igbos and why do they always travel [/b]to their [b]mother land for it?. 90% of the Nigerian work force in my hospital that will be off duty this december are ibos . Their love for christmas is unparalleled even when economy is hitting hard. What do igbos see in christmas?.

Do they have any other festival in igboland that they celebrate half as they celebrate christmas?.

You sound like you are pissed. I think it has to do with catholic having a very strong root in Igboland and let's face it the catholic church celebrates christmas like no other church.
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Another anti-Igbo thread. @OP: in the spirit of one-Nigeria, why not travel to Igbo land and see things for urself

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by saintneo(m): 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
Envy!
Igbos here! Igbos there!
Igbos travel from their rotten villages it becomes a problem; Igbos travel back problem.
Igbos buy new car with their money - waste of money; Igbos invest their money - Igbos are stingy.
Igbos celebrate Christmas - importers of foreign religion; Igbos celebrate Ikeji/Ofala/New Yam Festival - archaic people.
Igbos this! Igbos that!

Merry Christmas everyone except sexkillz

11 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by MegaMan2020: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Igbos have never really respected their own cultures. If you watch them you will see they're more likely to celebrate other cultures than their own. Let us not forget that the Igbos have no real history before the arrival of the colonialists. The white man turned the Igbos from common village cannibals into the people you see today. That's why the Igbos would prefer to give their children fancy English names instead of Igbo names.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sexkillz will marry an Igbo. He needs Igbo love.
saintneo: Envy!
Igbos here! Igbos there!
Igbos travel from their rotten villages it becomes a problem; Igbos travel back problem.
Igbos buy new car with their money - waste of money; Igbos invest their money - Igbos are stingy.
Igbos celebrate Christmas - importers of foreign religion; Igbos celebrate Ikeji/Ofala/New Yam Festival - archaic people.
Igbos this! Igbos that!

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
quid: Sexkillz will marry an Igbo. He needs Igbo love.
I have igbo already. . . Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by omicron(m): 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
MegaMan2020: Igbos have never really respected their own cultures. If you watch them you will see they're more likely to celebrate other cultures than their own. Let us not forget that the Igbos have no real history before the arrival of the colonialists. The white man turned the Igbos from common village cannibals into the people you see today. That's why the Igbos would prefer to give their children fancy English names instead of Igbo names.
Thank Goodness Neither Goodluck nor Jonathan is not an Igbo. All you haters, no time for hating o! Merry Christmas joor!

If you like, tell me 'same to you' oh. Or you continue hating. Smh
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Akshow: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
@ poster How is this your problem? If they want to forgo their culture for a foreign one how is that sucking milk out of your bweast?
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by duni04(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
uihebom: What is it with igbos and chritsmas?. They celebrate chritsmas more than any other in the world. i was wondering why a foreign culture could go down well with a group of people so much that you may think it originated from igboland. Why is christmas so special especially among igbos and why do they always travel [/b]to their [b]mother land for it?. 90% of the Nigerian work force in my hospital that will be off duty this december are ibos . Their love for christmas is unparalleled even when economy is hitting hard. What do igbos see in christmas?.

LMAO, guy ur a clown o. U just created this thread to look for trouble. Can't wait for d ibos to come and yab ur life awaycheesy
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by duni04(m): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
saintneo: Envy!
Igbos here! Igbos there!
Igbos this! Igbos that!

Agree wit u on d last sentence only, any enemy of that ugly clown is a friend of mine cheesy
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by EzePromoe: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
I understand the OP's woes. He's missing Igbos in his hometown. Maybe there looks like desert now. He might have walked for 1 mile just to buy a cup of rice. Their streets now echo like equalizer. Even their express roads is now the safest place for kids to play football undecided

8 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
Word.
Eze Promoe: I understand the OP's woes. He's missing Igbos in his hometown. Maybe there looks like desert now. He might have walked for 1 mile just to buy a cup of rice. Their streets now echo like equalizer. Even their express roads is now the safest place for kids to play football undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by AkuchiEbinyasi: 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
if igbos will have one mind,they are stronger than any tribe...The Biafrans

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
MegaMan2020: Igbos have never really respected their own cultures. If you watch them you will see they're more likely to celebrate other cultures than their own. Let us not forget that the Igbos have no real history before the arrival of the colonialists. The white man turned the Igbos from common village cannibals into the people you see today. That's why the Igbos would prefer to give their children fancy English names instead of Igbo names.

Which kind fancy English name are you talking about? Answering calistus..sixtus ignatius or hyginus na fancy names?
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by drnoel: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2012

One of those attension seekers in the house. U sound funny and jealous but when I worked in owerri some years back, we had people working with us from the west and the north and they were also always travelling for christmas, so i wonder what ur point in opening this thread is?
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2012

Well said. When people have no history they adopt foreign ones thats why in a struggle for discovery they claimed they are Jews. Imagine that. They adopt foreign cultures easily because they dont have anything local to them to celebrate. Before the coming of Europeans they were forest and cave dwellers who eat fellow human beings

They adopt foreign names because they are ashamed of their own native names e.g Names of Current Igbo governors

ROCHAS Okorocha, SULLIVAN Chime, PETER Obi, MARTIN Elechi, THOEDORE Orji compare that to SW where those who have foreign names relegate them to the middle

BABATUNDE Fashola, OLUSEGUN Mimiko, ABIOLA Ajimobi, IBIKUNLE Amosun, KAYODE Fayemi

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

Which kind fancy English name are you talking about? Answering calistus..sixtus ignatius or hyginus na fancy names?

nkiru sylv-ANUS sylv-ANUS Okpala
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Well said. When people have no history they adopt foreign ones thats why in a struggle for discovery they claimed they are Jews. Imagine that. They adopt foreign cultures easily because they dont have anything local to them to celebrate. Before the coming of Europeans they were forest and cave dwellers who eat fellow human beings

They adopt foreign names because they are ashamed of their own native names e.g Names of Current Igbo governors

ROCHAS Okorocha, SULLIVAN Chime, PETER Obi, MARTIN Elechi, THOEDORE Orji compare that to SW where those who have foreign names relegate them to the middle

BABATUNDE Fashola, OLUSEGUN Mimiko, ABIOLA Ajimobi, IBIKUNLE Amosun, KAYODE Fayemi
Jealousy: the shadow of greed.
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Who told you they dont have igbo names?
dayokanu:

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by honeric01(m): 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Wicked!
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
berem: Who told you they dont have igbo names?

Their first names are Sullivan, Rochas, Theodore, Peter, Martin

quid: Jealousy: the shadow of greed.

Jealous of foreign names?
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Standing5(m): 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Going thru the OP's post history it is not hard to see what he represents here on NL. He is trying to potray ibos as succesful but doing it thru the backdoor. I wonder where else we have 90% ibos working if not in okrika market and **** industry.
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Crayola1: 7:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
I guess the Japanese are culture-less too because they make a big deal about Christmas too, despite having 1-2% of the population being Christian.

You folks need to find a hobby or find the quickest method to off yourself if you have nothing better to do but be miserable.

Idio.ts crying more than the bereaved.

For people who say they dont care about Igbo people, the name Igbo seems to be on your mind all the damn time.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
Crayola1: I guess the Japanese are culture-less too because they make a big deal about Christmas too, despite having 1-2% of the population being Christian.

You folks need to find a hobby or find the quickest method to off yourself if you have nothing better to do but be miserable.

Idio.ts crying more than the bereaved.

For people who say they dont care about Igbo people, the name Igbo seems to be on your mind all the damn time.

Merry Xmas.. wink
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
Majority of Igbos are Christians(Roman Catholics) - perhaps, that is why they celebrate Christmas the way they do...

The op needs to get a life!!
Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by gbanikiti(m): 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
First name or second name all na name.besides we were colonized by the british so having english names isnt bad
dayokanu:

Re: Igbos And Their Christmas Love. by Abagworo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
dayokanu:

I generally hate your posts but this one got my attention. Most Governors in Nigeria have either Arabic/Islamic or English/Christian names. Adams, Emmanuel, Liyel, Sullivan, Peter, Raji, Rauf etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Asked To Suspend Order On Oyinlola’s Removal / 72-year-old PDP Chieftain Marries His 23-year-old Heartthrob [PHOTOS] / GEJ's New Nigeria: NRC Lures Elites To The Tracks With New-look Trains (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.