Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? (1290 Views)

Traditional Religionists Should Build TEMPLES Like In The Old Days!!! / How Do You Engage Religionists In Real World? / Religionists: Is Abstinence Really Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by greatgenius: 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
It seems like people have it all backwards and its getting very disturbing.. I think its time for people to start thinking and examine some of their beliefs either passed down or acquired as a result of their own wrong thinking or original sin ( original sin or thought is when the first thought or judgment about something is in error)... It is my wish and hope that this thread serves as a reflection for people to examine their limiting and wrong beliefs about God...

I came across a front-page post where iyanya( a musician )was hoping to marry only a GOD FEARING woman... That statement immediately got me thinking... If God's love is supposedly unconditional, forever and eternal, all true statements, why the need to fear her... Unconditional love is unconditional know matter what.... Why would anyone in their right mind fear a BEING who does nothing but show everlasting love to them...beats my mind..

Do Christians or religionist subliminally perceive God to be malevolent despite his promise of unconditional love? ...Is it lack of trust or God's promise of unconditional love too good to be true for them to accept? ...

I have my own answers but I want us all to discuss and reflect ... AND PLEASE this is not a Christian or religionist bashing thread so anyone with that mindset should stay away....
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by advocate666: 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
How can you open a christian bashing thread and say it is not a christian bashing thread?

Your question is an assault on what little remains of the intelligence in the brain of any christian. You are bashing their heads in. You accuse them of "having it all backwards". You compel them to "start thinking". You urge them to "examine their limiting and wrong beliefs". You even openly accuse most of them of not being "in their right mind".

Your thread, dear sir, is a christian bashing thread.
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by greatgenius: 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
^^^ are you being sarcastic here or being serious? Because you misunderstood me.. maybe I said much and I figured some would interpret it differently and view it as a judgment on them..

But you have to understand that there is a difference between JUDGING and an Observation ...

1 Like

Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by daylae(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
It seems almost unfathomable to question God's love for man.
We might fail to see the love of God when we take it for granted,for what is the essence of his unconditional love if we taking it for granted. God’s very nature is love: John says, “ love is from God ” and“ God is love ” (1 John 4:7-cool. We also know that God is unchanging in regards to His character (Malachi 3:6). Therefore, His love is constant and unconditional. Jeremiah wrote, “ The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness ” (Lamentations 3:22-23).
However, because His love is constant and unfailing, we can eventually allow ourselves to take it for granted if we are not careful. Once we start taking it for granted, it can be easy to overlook.
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by daylae(m): 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Many Christians today are far too casual with God. We often treat Him like a celestial vending machine, popping in prayers when we need something and expecting Him to respond with just what we ordered. We must consider His holiness! He is the Almighty God, Creator of the universe who deserves our reverent fear.
But the proper fear of God is not an attitude that keeps us shaking in a corner or running away from Him as fast as our weak little legs can carry us. No, if we have trusted in Jesus as our Savior, then His blood has granted us access to the very throne room of God. We can draw near to our holy God “with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith” ( Hebrews 10:19-23 ).
Yes, we have access, but God is still holy. Malachi 1:6 reminds us that God is both our Father and Master, which makes us both child and slave. This dual role creates a tension that helps us better understand what it means to fear God A proper balance will keep us from either treating God too casually or remaining too distant.
We will obey God out of fear.“Where there is no fear of God, there is no fear of sin.” When we do fear God as we should, then we will begin to obey Him. Our obedience will then foster a deeper intimacy and closeness with God than we have ever experienced.
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by greatgenius: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
daylae: It seems almost unfathomable to question God's love for man.
We might fail to see the love of God when we take it for granted,for what is the essence of his unconditional love if we taking it for granted. God’s very nature is love: John says, “ love is from God ” and“ God is love ” (1 John 4:7-cool. We also know that God is unchanging in regards to His character (Malachi 3:6). Therefore, His love is constant and unconditional. Jeremiah wrote, “ The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness ” (Lamentations 3:22-23).
However, because His love is constant and unfailing, we can eventually allow ourselves to take it for granted if we are not careful. Once we start taking it for granted, it can be easy to overlook.
good points...BUT you have not delved into the crust of the matter...Are you saying that overlooking God's love and taking it for granted are the reasons for the fear of God?..taking a nonchalance or for granted attitude about something should not equate to FEAR..
Re: If God's Love Is Unconditional Why DO "Christians"(Religionists) Fear Him? by greatgenius: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
daylae: Many Christians today are far too casual with God. We often treat Him like a celestial vending machine, popping in prayers when we need something and expecting Him to respond with just what we ordered. We must consider His holiness! He is the Almighty God, Creator of the universe who deserves our reverent fear.
But the proper fear of God is not an attitude that keeps us shaking in a corner or running away from Him as fast as our weak little legs can carry us. No, if we have trusted in Jesus as our Savior, then His blood has granted us access to the very throne room of God. We can draw near to our holy God “with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith” ( Hebrews 10:19-23 ).
Yes, we have access, but God is still holy. Malachi 1:6 reminds us that God is both our Father and Master, which makes us both child and slave.
at bolded is the CRUST OF THE PROBLEM... this is where the problem originates from... it is also disturbing that you would think of yourself as a slave to God but i will let you explain
This dual role creates a tension that helps us better understand what it means to fear God A proper balance will keep us from either treating God too casually or remaining too distant.
We will obey God out of fear.“Where there is no fear of God, there is no fear of sin.” When we do fear God as we should, then we will begin to obey Him. Our obedience will then foster a deeper intimacy and closeness with God than we have ever experienced.
are you saying that people fear God because of the fear of sin?....do you believe yourself to be a volitional creature?

(1) (Reply)

The Unpardonable Sin / DSTV Censors The Word God. / Picture Of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of HOTR Holding A Sword Ready For Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.