Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils (10960 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Aregbesola Must Go Live Protest In Osogbo This Morning. (photos Attached). / Pictures From PDP Burial Procession In Osogbo By APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by koruji(m): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Another example of your false honesty. You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

First, Aregbesola returned any unspent balance from Oyinlola's Sherlock loan. The N25 billion loan you mentioned was arranged to replace the rest of the balance with more favorable terms. Aregbesola has stated times without number that they have not drawn from this loan except to pay off the balance of the former loan. Second when you calculate N2 billion for 25 months u get N50 billion. Finally the bond Osun applied for was N22 billion although investors would have provided N40+ billion.

So when you say above that Aregbesola has received N300 billion you show your PDP face. Even if he has received that much over more than 2 years that is still Bayelsa's one year budget for about the same number of people.

Attempts to destroy the good work Aregbesola is doing after years of PDP fraud will surely fail spectacularly.

bolajess: @Gbawe .. I am not a perfect guy neither are you and this is a discussion .. if there was only Aregbesola and Oyinlola on the ballot, I would vote Aregbesola but we all should be honest and not argue blindly .. I have learned my lessons from the last general elections when I voted GEJ because I couldn't trust that Buhari wasnt a religious or ethnic bigot. GEJ is just too bad beyond bad.

However for the allocation, Aregbesola took N25B loan and mind you he met N9B in the state covers ( being the unspent balance from the N18.6B loan Oyinlola took), and after that he took another bond of N65B. So use your head and add that up with you almost N2B a month and tell me what you get in almost 25 Months. Mind you, Aregbesola had a budget of over N120B in almost 2 years. So tell me something else.

I urge you to fight these idiots rather than praise them. Mind you Aregbe in 2 years hasn't commissioned any single road project successfully completed. Rather it is always noise. He said Mimiko was stupid for claiming to build mega schools and yet he is deceiving himself that he is building mega schools.

1 Like

Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Adebasy: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
AREGBESOLA THE MAN OF THE MOMENT IS AMAN OF MASSES CHECK ALL HIS PROJECT
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Standing5(m): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hmm Aregbe dey try sha!!!. I hope Sincere 9gerian and co are watching. That's two reasons for GEJ to have headache Aregbe and Fashola.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by babapupa: 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
bolajess: @Gbawe .. I am not a perfect guy neither are you and this is a discussion .. if there was only Aregbesola and Oyinlola on the ballot, I would vote Aregbesola but we all should be honest and not argue blindly .. I have learned my lessons from the last general elections when I voted GEJ because I couldn't trust that Buhari wasnt a religious or ethnic bigot. GEJ is just too bad beyond bad.

However for the allocation, Aregbesola took N25B loan and mind you he met N9B in the state covers ( being the unspent balance from the N18.6B loan Oyinlola took), and after that he took another bond of N65B. So use your head and add that up with you almost N2B a month and tell me what you get in almost 25 Months. Mind you, Aregbesola had a budget of over N120B in almost 2 years. So tell me something else.

I urge you to fight these idiots rather than praise them. Mind you Aregbe in 2 years hasn't commissioned any single road project successfully completed. Rather it is always noise. He said Mimiko was stupid for claiming to build mega schools and yet he is deceiving himself that he is building mega schools.

Unfortunately for you, we see and post on NL everyday the positives he's doing with his people's money so your argument is baseless and irrelevant.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by koruji(m): 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Friendly fire.......
babapupa:
Unfortunately for you, we see and post on NL everyday the positives he's doing with his people's money so your argument is baseless and irrelevant.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by babapupa: 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
koruji: Friendly fire.......

Wrong quote. My apologies.

FIXED..
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by taharqa: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Standing5: Hmm Aregbe dey try sha!!!. I hope Sincere 9gerian and co are watching. That's two reasons for GEJ to have headache Aregbe and Fashola.

Must u guys always bring GEJ to ya local politics... Here u are mastur.bating over d thread cos Aregbe built a Nice model Secondary school (which is a good tin, as we pray for more of such) and then hving d strong urge to comparing him with GEJ; when GEJ has completed 86 Standard Model schools for Almajiri and Girl- child educatn tru out d nation IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS (out of d 106 dat were supposd to be built dis yr and about 400 b4 2015)!!!

The same GEJ apart from rehabilitating d Unity Secondary schools, is building modern libraries for ALL 72 of them unda a year (sm of dem already completd while most odas shld be completd by 1st quarter of nx year).

GEJ has also built 9 NEW Universities in all d states without a federal university IN LESS THAN 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS!!

Ironically, d same GEJ wud likely contribute to d building of sm these Aregbe's schools (esp those in d pre-Senior Secondary) as UBEC funds wud be usd for these schools.....plz stop d comparisons already, okay?
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by taharqa: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Let me just say again that its a GOOD tin dat Aregbe is doing. Its part of a very POSITIVE trend that I hv bn noticing lately wit many of d governors. There seem to be much better schools (sm of them of real good quality) across the nation by some state governors in d say last 5 yrs than we eva had in sm decades. From Edo to Rivers, to Akwa ibom, to Jigawa, to Imo, to Lagos and some odas (even d yeye Delta state govt are raising up sm very good structure fast in recent times). It is good for the students, and i pray it continues.... Once again, Kudos Aregbe; plz complete all of them...
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Why should one school house up to 900 children
Doesn't he know it is easier to manage 3 schools with 300 students each or two with 450 rather than one mega school with 900?
And the schools will be nearer to the children too,since 900 children will not be congregating from all over town to one school.
Less wear and tear on the building
Children learn better in more conducive environment and that includes smaller class sizes with lower student/ teacher ratio so the teacher can devote time to teaching every single kid and no one falls through the cracks
The state of Osun should also find out how they do it in the State of New York and other places he wants to pattern his state after.
Someone should make me a commissioner in that Osun sef let me teach them a thing or two grin

1 Like

Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Muttybabe(f): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
I love Rauf. I love osun state and my hometown in particular that is osogbo. More greese to your elbow. Insha Allah. Osun adara oooo
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by mapet: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
@babyosisi,

1. I think you need to put the numbers in propoer perspective. The 900 still fufils the optimum of standard students/teacher ratio of 1:25-30.
2. I transfered my studentship from Federal Government College Ogbomoso to Lagos State Model College Meiran in 1989 and I both schools the class number was then 30 or less.
3. I think in terms of cost/benefit pov, lettting more students have access and share the standard (world class facilities), It is most likely wise for Osun State to consolidate her resources in a central, well stocked, standard facilities schools like these as against the nonsesen mushroom SPEB schools that look like poultry challets.
4. Recall that even the Senate committee on education led by Senator Uche Chukwumerije ("Fujimerenge"wink has commended the education strategy and implementation in Osun state and also recommended it as model for all other states.....

babyosisi: Why should one school house up to 900 children
Doesn't he know it is easier to manage 3 schools with 300 students each or two with 450 rather than one mega school with 900?
And the schools will be nearer to the children too,since 900 children will not be congregating from all over town to one school.
Less wear and tear on the building
Children learn better in more conducive environment and that includes smaller class sizes with lower student/ teacher ratio so the teacher can devote time to teaching every single kid and no one falls through the cracks
The state of Osun should also find out how they do it in the State of New York and other places he wants to pattern his state after.
Someone should make me a commissioner in that Osun sef let me teach them a thing or two grin
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by jmaine: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Jmaine wetin happen na? Why the change since Beaf left?

Like Gbawe talk . .I dey Kampe grin . . . .We just dey sideline dey watch proceedings quietly until the storms get rougher wink
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by jmaine: 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
Double Post
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by jmaine: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa: Must u guys always bring GEJ to ya local politics... Here u are mastur.bating over d thread cos Aregbe built a Nice model Secondary school (which is a good tin, as we pray for more of such) and then hving d strong urge to comparing him with GEJ; when GEJ has completed 86 Standard Model schools for Almajiri and Girl- child educatn tru out d nation IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS (out of d 106 dat were supposd to be built dis yr and about 400 b4 2015)!!! The same GEJ apart from rehabilitating d Unity Secondary schools, is building modern libraries for ALL 72 of them unda a year (sm of dem already completd while most odas shld be completd by 1st quarter of nx year). GEJ has also built 9 NEW Universities in all d states without a federal university IN LESS THAN 1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS!! Ironically, d same GEJ wud likely contribute to d building of sm these Aregbe's schools (esp those in d pre-Senior Secondary) as UBEC funds wud be usd for these schools.....plz stop d comparisons already, okay?

Take it easy on him bruv grin . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Pharoh: 12:43am On Dec 27, 2012
mapet: @babyosisi,

1. I think you need to put the numbers in propoer perspective. The 900 still fufils the optimum of standard students/teacher ratio of 1:25-30.
2. I transfered my studentship from Federal Government College Ogbomoso to Lagos State Model College Meiran in 1989 and I both schools the class number was then 30 or less.
3. I think in terms of cost/benefit pov, lettting more students have access and share the standard (world class facilities), It is most likely wise for Osun State to consolidate her resources in a central, well stocked, standard facilities schools like these as against the nonsesen mushroom SPEB schools that look like poultry challets.
4. Recall that even the Senate committee on education led by Senator Uche Chukwumerije ("Fujimerenge"wink has commended the education strategy and implementation in Osun state and also recommended it as model for all other states.....

Nice analysis from you and i even think it should accommodate more as the student population in the vicinity grows. Normally with adequate data, the government should know where to site these facilities and how big it should be to accommodate the intended demand or supply.

Since it should be from primary to junior secondary school then if we go by 30 students per class. We will have 30 classrooms and dividing this by 9 covered in this tier of education then we will end up with three to four classrooms for each class. That is from primary one to junior secondary school three which is not bad as they can all share the facilities to reduce operating cost instead of spreading the facility into two or more schools .

I don't like this same style of design u see everywhere in Nigeria with balcony that also serves as the pathway for walking. They should come up with new ideas like some of this private schools and hope it is not only one they are building.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by Gbawe: 5:13am On Dec 27, 2012

Oga, this is where you shot yourself in the foot. Only members of the PDP, Osun State chapter, are running around peddling this falsehood. Osun did not take any 65 billion bond and you sir, are lying. I won't even dignify the rest of your 'abracadabra' figures with a response.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by topazjosh(m): 5:58am On Dec 27, 2012
Gud move by rauf,buh wat else can I call dis man hypocrite? or he is jus advertisin his party durin the last govnorship election,can still rmber how a c n diss mimiko for building such school (1000 capacity)for 600 million buh am happy mr rauf now reckon wit such initiative,same thing with neigbourhood markets allover the state,am sure mr rauf now erect one in osogbo even ogun too,mother & child now replicated in ekiti,ogun and oyo with same safe motherhood initiative,well am just happy now that they are duplicatin gud thinz that's all we need,buh I actually dislike hypocrite.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by topazjosh(m): 6:06am On Dec 27, 2012
Pharoh:

Nice analysis from you and i even think it should accommodate more as the student population in the vicinity grows. Normally with adequate data, the government should know where to site these facilities and how big it should be to accommodate the intended demand or supply.

Since it should be from primary to junior secondary school then if we go by 30 students per class. We will have 30 classrooms and dividing this by 9 covered in this tier of education then we will end up with three to four classrooms for each class. That is from primary one to junior secondary school three which is not bad as they can all share the facilities to reduce operating cost instead of spreading the facility into two or more schools .

I don't like this same style of design u see everywhere in Nigeria with balcony that also serves as the pathway for walking. They should come up with new ideas like some of this private schools and hope it is not only one they are building.
check that of ondo state you will definately love it,I doubt if any private school in ondo can dare it,well equipped,and well trained teachers and non teaching staffs.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by mapet: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2012
@topazjosh,

1. I think it was Tinubu that condemned the Mimiko's "Mega Schools" projects during the election campaign
2. you should understand that during campaign, the opposition will all the time poopoo your achievements. Tinubu himself actually started this initiative with Milenium School....
3. Fact is both the Mimiko's Mega schools and Aregbesola's Model Schools are fantastic achievements. These Models is recommended to EVERY State and the Federal government SPEB's school.

topazjosh: Gud move by rauf,buh wat else can I call dis man hypocrite? or he is jus advertisin his party durin the last govnorship election,can still rmber how a c n diss mimiko for building such school (1000 capacity)for 600 million buh am happy mr rauf now reckon wit such initiative,same thing with neigbourhood markets allover the state,am sure mr rauf now erect one in osogbo even ogun too,mother & child now replicated in ekiti,ogun and oyo with same safe motherhood initiative,well am just happy now that they are duplicatin gud thinz that's all we need,buh I actually dislike hypocrite.
Re: Newly Built School In Osogbo With Capacity Of 900 Pupils by PaulJohn1: 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
Osun A Dara

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan / Budget Padding: EFCC Grills Jibrin For Seven Hours / NNPC Missing As China, Saudi Arabia Top World’s Biggest Oil Revenue Earners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.