Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God (8908 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / @ Italo, Debosky And Others - Re: Bible Study Discourse And Matters Arising / Bible Study For Bible Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:44am On Jan 08, 2013
amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:56am On Jan 09, 2013
Abram paid tithes to Melchizedek

Genesis 14

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about God's promise for Abram, and the separation of Abram and Lot. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Abram paid his tithes to Melchizedek, Lot taken captive, and how Abram rescued Lot.

Today's Study

After Lot departed from Abram, there was war between Bera king of Sodom and other kings. The war was so intense that they killed the people in the country of the Amalekites and Amorites that live in Hazezontamar, while the king of Sodom and Gomorrah escaped.(Genesis 14:1-10)

Then the enemies overtook the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, take their treasure and all the people that remain in the land including Lot, Abram's nephew. One of those that escaped ran to tell Abram what had befall Lot. When Abram heard the news, he took 318 trained servants that were born in his house and pursued those that took Lot captive. When he got to a place called Dan, he separate himself into two team and they killed those that took Lot captive and they collected all the people taken captive, the goods and returned home. (Genesis 14:11-16)

When the king of Sodom heard about Abram's victory, he went to meet him. Melchizedek the priest of the most high God and also was the King of Salem brought bread and wine for Abram then blessed him: "Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all"(Genesis 14:19,20) then the king of Sodom asked Abram to give him all the persons that Abram set free from the Chedorlaomer who took Lot captive, but Abram could take the goods and treasure.(Genesis 14:17-21)

But Abram vow that he will not take anything so that the king of Sodom would not say he made him rich, except all that his servants that were with him would eat and ask that those that went with him Aner, Eshcor and Mamre to take their portion (Genesis 14:22-24)

Reflection

There is no doubt there is always consequence for every action we take, either good or bad, depending on the action we take. We as children of God should always make sure that we do not choose by sight. We should not make decision on what we see, hear, think or know only, but letting God's will be done. So that he can leads us out of trouble. Lot greed made him choose the plain land with water for his flocks and wide enough for his staff, without considering the danger associated to it. "10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)

Christians should always exemplify Christlike behavior. We should not pay back with hatred but with love. Abram did not say, that serve him right, he chose the best place and now he is facing the consequence. When we listen to God and do his will, we will not be surprise or worried by what our friends, neighbors and even our relatives do to us. We should see it as the master plan of God in our lives to make us get to where we are going. "28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."(Romans 8:28)

When God gives us victory of all kinds, we should always show our appreciation. Abram paid his tithes to Melchizedek to show God's his appreciation for giving him victory over the people that took Lot captive. The act of paying tithes to the king of Salem reflects how we should pay God the King of Kings our heart, appreciation, thanksgiving and praise. As children of God we should pay our tithes always so that God can bless us and protect us the more. "9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine." (Proverbs 3:9,10)

We should be careful about the gift we collect as a children of God. While some gifts could be used to deny God his glory, some are to edify God. When someone is giving us gift or help, we should accept when it glorifies God and not man. If a gift or help will enslave you, or make the giver to think his gift was the one that made you succeed, its not the best to collect it. "8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." (Isaiah 42:8 )

My prayer is that the Almighty will guide us to do his will and give us the spirit that shows appreciation, so that we can receive more of his blessing and victories.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:32am On Jan 09, 2013
amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:42am On Jan 09, 2013
amen.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:36am On Jan 09, 2013
channel 190: amen

So shall it be. It appears there hasn't been questions lately and i am wondering if you really understand it?
If you do, i will like to ask questions sometimes especially on areas that i think are very important to our christians lives today.

In todays lesson, the Reflection Section focuses on consequence of our actions, paying good for evil, showing appreciation and accepting gift that edifies God.

1. Can you give me an instant, when one of these has happened to you?
2. What did you do and what would you have done differently?

Just a paragraph for each question, not too lengthy. Thank you and God bless you

NOTE: The questions are for everyone following this thread including Omosivie, . Thank you
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Omosivie1(f): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
@ Obalola7, i can't think of any event where someone did sumtin bad 2 me and i did sumtin good in return. Pls don't get me wrong, i don't return evil 4 evil and neither do i return good 4 evil.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Omosivie,:
@ Obalola7, i can't think of any event where someone did sumtin bad 2 me and i did sumtin good in return. Pls don't get me wrong, i don't return evil 4 evil and neither do i return good 4 evil.

Ok, i understand and whats your take about paying tithes?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 1:39am On Jan 10, 2013
obalola7:

So shall it be. It appears there hasn't been questions lately and i am wondering if you really understand it?
If you do, i will like to ask questions sometimes especially on areas that i think are very important to our christians lives today.

In todays lesson, the Reflection Section focuses on consequence of our actions, paying good for evil, showing appreciation and accepting gift that edifies God.

1. Can you give me an instant, when one of these has happened to you?
2. What did you do and what would you have done differently?

Just a paragraph for each question, not too lengthy. Thank you and God bless you

NOTE: The questions are for everyone following this thread including Omosivie, . Thank you
no question! Yes, because I have seen no reason to doubt or not to understand those simple genesis: when we get to the confusing part of the bible I will stand a natural stance but posit reality for deliberation with hope of getting to the honey.

Now please don't stop, we get more to do, we ve done nothing yet, this here can't convince any muslim to christianity nor have you reached the problematic point of deliberation even from within the christians.

But that not withstanding, we don't ve to jump chapters.

I just noticed my studies on campus and network will be sucking my times, but never get discouraged, I will try to attend (frequent) this class, so I plead to hope of meeting my piece meals daily.

For the question: Cain paid evil for good, he disappointed God who gave him life. offering things he knew weren't of standards is paying evil for Good.

Now for paying Good for evil, Good have shown us his ways, and as his image and likeness we are bind not to pay our debtors back in their own coin as Good himself still promised Cain protection and life even after his deeds.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:43am On Jan 10, 2013
channel 190: no question! Yes, because I have seen no reason to doubt or not to understand those simple genesis: when we get to the confusing part of the bible I will stand a natural stance but posit reality for deliberation with hope of getting to the honey.

Now please don't stop, we get more to do, we ve done nothing yet, this here can't convince any muslim to christianity nor have you reached the problematic point of deliberation even from within the christians.

But that not withstanding, we don't ve to jump chapters.

I just noticed my studies on campus and network will be sucking my times, but never get discouraged, I will try to attend (frequent) this class, so I plead to hope of meeting my piece meals daily.

For the question: Cain paid evil for good, he disappointed God who gave him life. offering things he knew weren't of standards is paying evil for Good.

Now for paying Good for evil, Good have shown us his ways, and as his image and likeness we are bind not to pay our debtors back in their own coin as Good himself still promised Cain protection and life even after his deeds.

You are right, God will help us
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:58am On Jan 10, 2013
God's covenant for Abram

Genesis 15

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Abram paid his tithes to Melchizedek, Lot taken captive, and how Abram rescued Lot. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God made covenant with Abram, God shows Abram what his descendants will suffer and assured him that his descendants will inherit the land.

Today's Study

God appear to Abram in a dream and instructed him to be bold and that he will be his shield and exceeding great reward. When Abram heard this, he told God he has no child, but Eliezer a steward from Damascus. Then God assured him that he will have his own biological son; to assure him, God took him outside and told him to look to the sky; as uncountable the stars are so shall his children be. (Genesis 15:1-5)

Abram believed God and it was countered unto him for righteousness. Then God told him he was the Lord that brought him out of the land or Ur of Chaldees to give him this land for his inheritance. Then Abram asked God to proof how he was going to inherit the land, then God ask him to bring she goat, ram, turtledove, young pigeon and young cow all of 3 years old. Then he divided them all in the center except the birds and laid them one after the other.(Genesis 15:6-10)

When the fowls of the air came down to eat the remains of the sacrifice, Abram drove them away. Then at evening, Abram unconsciously slept off deeply and God told Abram the prophecy of what will happen to his descendants. He assured him that his descendants will be a stranger in a strange land and they shall be tortured for 400 years. However, the nations that they will serve and torture them he will judge and he will make them to come out with great wealth, but Abram shall die in peace and in good age.(Genesis 15:11-15)

But after the fourth generation, they shall come out again, because the sin of the Amorites, then it became dark and the smoke went straight to the sky. That same night, God made a covenant with Abraham that he has given his descendants the land from the river of Egypt unto the great river Euphrates, the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaims, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites. (Genesis 15:16-21)

Reflection

Our God still speak to men by dreams. He still fills man with his spirit to see vision of things to come and still controls the atmosphere of man. When we are right with God, God will show or talk to us about his plan for the future. Abram took an opportunity to tell God about his worries when God came visiting him in his dream. When we are right with God, God will assure us to be confident and that he is with us, just like he assured Abram. I don't know what you are going through right now, but i want to tell you don't be afraid, God is your shield and great reward. Take this time to ask God concerning your worries and i am sure he will make a covenant with you today"28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions"(Joel 2:28)

Its common for us to doubt God when God promise us or show us some vision concerning ourselves. First we would normally considered our current circumstances, just like Abram considered being 75 years might affect God's promise of a child, or some of us that God said, i will build you a house, find you a partner, make you great and we will start analyzing it: i have no job, no money, no uncle that can give me money, i don't even have money to eat or attract a good partner. I can assure you, God does better analysis than you, he has the best strategy to bring it to pass. Do like Abram, ask God to show you proof and be willing to make sacrifices of praise, thanksgiving, prayer and give to the poor. "19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"(Numbers 23:19)

The bible made us to understand that Abram sent off the birds that came to eat the remains of his sacrifice.(Genesis 15:11) This can be synonymous to what happens in our own life. When God promise us, he expect us to wait. Sometimes when we are waiting patiently and have done all that is required to receive the blessing, we allow the devil to steal the moment, by giving to anger, fight, hatred and all forms of sin. As children of God, we should not be easily distracted by any form of sin. In another word, you are told to fast and pray for 3 days and when it got to the 2 and half day, you decided to do some unholy things, this can steal the moment for the promise. "7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me."(Micah 7:7)

When you wait patiently, God will show up and give you the strategy needed to achieve what he promised. He will inform you before hand what to expect and what his plan will be, just as he told Abram, 400 years his descendants will be enslaved, but they will triumph with great wealth. May the Almighty God help us to triumph with great wealth today. "8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."(Psalm 32:8 )

Is it land, car, child, house, healing, job, money, education, admission, breakthrough or anything God has promised you; don't loose hope, trust God and it will be counted to you as righteousness.

My prayer for you is that God will make a covenant with you today that will be fulfilled in your life time.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 1:45am On Jan 11, 2013
Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife

Genesis 16

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God made covenant with Abram, God shows Abram what his descendants will suffer and assured him that his descendants will inherit the lands. In todays lesson we will be learning about how Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife, the angel of God appear to Hagar and the promise for Hagar's son.

Today's Study

When Sarai realized that she was barren, she called Abram to take her maid an Egyptian called Hagar for a wife and when Hagar was pregnant she disrespect Sarai; but sarai understands that she cause the disrespect by asking Abram to sleep with her maid; she said, God will judge between their two.(Genesis 16:1-5)

But Abram told Sarai to do whatever she wants just as she would do when she was her maid. Then Sarai dealt with her harshly and Hagar ran away to the wilderness where an angel met Hagar asking her where she was going and she explained that she had ran away from sarai. And the Angel instruct her to return to Sarai and to submit herself to her. Then the angel told her descendant will be multiplied to become a great multitude. (Genesis 16:6-10)

The Angel of the lord told her that she will have a male child and she should name him Ishmael, because the lord heard her suffering. The child will be wild man, he will be against everyone and everyone will be against him and he will live in the presence of his brothers. Then she was afraid and said God has seen her. She called the place Beerlahairoi between Kadesh and Bered and she gave birth to Ishmael when Abram was 86 years old. Genesis 16:11-16)

Reflection

Impatient can cause us pain, havoc and disaster. There is no doubt there are very few women on earth like Sarai who can be so passionate in love with their husbands and still allow their husbands to marry another woman because they are barren. I guess to some extent Sarai trusted her husband and knew what God deposited in her husband. The impatient of Sarai not only cause a problem for her, but could have broken their home. However, nothing happens without God's being in the plan."12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"(Romans 12:12)

Very few men will do like Abram who for the love he has for his wife would not allow his house to be broken, but command that Sarai should do what pleases her with her disrespectful maid, despite being pregnant for him. Christian husbands should learn to respect their wives and love them them more than they love their children. When you love your wife more, you will have a happy home and you will see the love reflected on your children. "25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"(Ephesians 5:25)

God is in every plan. He is never in place of confusion and he is the master of orderliness. When the angel met Hagar at the fountain in the wilderness, she instructed her to go back and submit herself to Sarai. Humility is needed for anybody carrying great thing. Children of God are to humble themselves before their masters so that God can fulfill and bring to pass what he has deposited in them. "10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." (James 4:10)

May God help us to be patient and humble.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2013
obalola7: God's covenant for Abram

Genesis 15

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Abram paid his tithes to Melchizedek, Lot taken captive, and how Abram rescued Lot. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God made covenant with Abram, God shows Abram what his descendants will suffer and assured him that his descendants will inherit the land.

Today's Study

God appear to Abram in a dream and instructed him to be bold and that he will be his shield and exceeding great reward. When Abram heard this, he told God he has no child, but Eliezer a steward from Damascus. Then God assured him that he will have his own biological son; to assure him, God took him outside and told him to look to the sky; as uncountable the stars are so shall his children be. (Genesis 15:1-5)

Abram believed God and it was countered unto him for righteousness. Then God told him he was the Lord that brought him out of the land or Ur of Chaldees to give him this land for his inheritance. Then Abram asked God to proof how he was going to inherit the land, then God ask him to bring she goat, ram, turtledove, young pigeon and young cow all of 3 years old. Then he divided them all in the center except the birds and laid them one after the other.(Genesis 15:6-10)

When the fowls of the air came down to eat the remains of the sacrifice, Abram drove them away. Then at evening, Abram unconsciously slept off deeply and God told Abram the prophecy of what will happen to his descendants. He assured him that his descendants will be a stranger in a strange land and they shall be tortured for 400 years. However, the nations that they will serve and torture them he will judge and he will make them to come out with great wealth, but Abram shall die in peace and in good age.(Genesis 15:11-15)

But after the fourth generation, they shall come out again, because the sin of the Amorites, then it became dark and the smoke went straight to the sky. That same night, God made a covenant with Abraham that he has given his descendants the land from the river of Egypt unto the great river Euphrates, the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaims, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites. (Genesis 15:16-21)

Reflection

Our God still speak to men by dreams. He still fills man with his spirit to see vision of things to come and still controls the atmosphere of man. When we are right with God, God will show or talk to us about his plan for the future. Abram took an opportunity to tell God about his worries when God came visiting him in his dream. When we are right with God, God will assure us to be confident and that he is with us, just like he assured Abram. I don't know what you are going through right now, but i want to tell you don't be afraid, God is your shield and great reward. Take this time to ask God concerning your worries and i am sure he will make a covenant with you today"28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions"(Joel 2:28)

Its common for us to doubt God when God promise us or show us some vision concerning ourselves. First we would normally considered our current circumstances, just like Abram considered being 75 years might affect God's promise of a child, or some of us that God said, i will build you a house, find you a partner, make you great and we will start analyzing it: i have no job, no money, no uncle that can give me money, i don't even have money to eat or attract a good partner. I can assure you, God does better analysis than you, he has the best strategy to bring it to pass. Do like Abram, ask God to show you proof and be willing to make sacrifices of praise, thanksgiving, prayer and give to the poor. "19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"(Numbers 23:19)

The bible made us to understand that Abram sent off the birds that came to eat the remains of his sacrifice.(Genesis 15:11) This can be synonymous to what happens in our own life. When God promise us, he expect us to wait. Sometimes when we are waiting patiently and have done all that is required to receive the blessing, we allow the devil to steal the moment, by giving to anger, fight, hatred and all forms of sin. As children of God, we should not be easily distracted by any form of sin. In another word, you are told to fast and pray for 3 days and when it got to the 2 and half day, you decided to do some unholy things, this can steal the moment for the promise. "7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me."(Micah 7:7)

When you wait patiently, God will show up and give you the strategy needed to achieve what he promised. He will inform you before hand what to expect and what his plan will be, just as he told Abram, 400 years his descendants will be enslaved, but they will triumph with great wealth. May the Almighty God help us to triumph with great wealth today. "8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."(Psalm 32:8 )

Is it land, car, child, house, healing, job, money, education, admission, breakthrough or anything God has promised you; don't loose hope, trust God and it will be counted to you as righteousness.

My prayer for you is that God will make a covenant with you today that will be fulfilled in your life time.
we pray for endurance to fore see Gods plan for our life
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2013
obalola7: Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife

Genesis 16

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God made covenant with Abram, God shows Abram what his descendants will suffer and assured him that his descendants will inherit the lands. In todays lesson we will be learning about how Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife, the angel of God appear to Hagar and the promise for Hagar's son.

Today's Study

When Sarai realized that she was barren, she called Abram to take her maid an Egyptian called Hagar for a wife and when Hagar was pregnant she disrespect Sarai; but sarai understands that she cause the disrespect by asking Abram to sleep with her maid; she said, God will judge between their two.(Genesis 16:1-5)

But Abram told Sarai to do whatever she wants just as she would do when she was her maid. Then Sarai dealt with her harshly and Hagar ran away to the wilderness where an angel met Hagar asking her where she was going and she explained that she had ran away from sarai. And the Angel instruct her to return to Sarai and to submit herself to her. Then the angel told her descendant will be multiplied to become a great multitude. (Genesis 16:6-10)

The Angel of the lord told her that she will have a male child and she should name him Ishmael, because the lord heard her suffering. The child will be wild man, he will be against everyone and everyone will be against him and he will live in the presence of his brothers. Then she was afraid and said God has seen her. She called the place Beerlahairoi between Kadesh and Bered and she gave birth to Ishmael when Abram was 86 years old. Genesis 16:11-16)

Reflection

Impatient can cause us pain, havoc and disaster. There is no doubt there are very few women on earth like Sarai who can be so passionate in love with their husbands and still allow their husbands to marry another woman because they are barren. I guess to some extent Sarai trusted her husband and knew what God deposited in her husband. The impatient of Sarai not only cause a problem for her, but could have broken their home. However, nothing happens without God's being in the plan."12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"(Romans 12:12)

Very few men will do like Abram who for the love he has for his wife would not allow his house to be broken, but command that Sarai should do what pleases her with her disrespectful maid, despite being pregnant for him. Christian husbands should learn to respect their wives and love them them more than they love their children. When you love your wife more, you will have a happy home and you will see the love reflected on your children. "25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"(Ephesians 5:25)

God is in every plan. He is never in place of confusion and he is the master of orderliness. When the angel met Hagar at the fountain in the wilderness, she instructed her to go back and submit herself to Sarai. Humility is needed for anybody carrying great thing. Children of God are to humble themselves before their masters so that God can fulfill and bring to pass what he has deposited in them. "10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." (James 4:10)

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2013
obalola7: Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife

Genesis 16

Today's Study

Reflection

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2013
obalola7:

Ok, i understand and whats your take about paying tithes?
sorry to draw u back..but am actually interested in these tithe issue..i tithes because i believe it is scriptural(not necessarily an old testament thing).i want to know wat ur views are on tithing
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bidam: sorry to draw u back..but am actually interested in these tithe issue..i tithes because i believe it is scriptural(not necessarily an old testament thing).i want to know wat ur views are on tithing
Yes tithes is scriptural and should be honored, paid and respected. You will hardly find any man who is faithful with his tithes lacking.

If any man want to prosper in life, he must pay tithes. Those who have prospered pay tithes. The bible recorded that Abraham paid tithes and Jacob promised God he will pay his tenth if God bring him back to his father's house Genesis 28:22
While some time tithes could work in form of charity, its not charity. The Tenth is important and should be paid if you want unlimited God visitation in your life. However, how tenth percent is used, is another situation or topic entirely.
And as we continue, you will see in details how the Tithes are to be used.

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:19am On Jan 12, 2013
God change Abram's name to Abraham

Genesis 17

Introduction-
In our last lesson we learned about how Abram took Hagar Sarai's maid for wife, the angel of God appear to Hagar and the promise for Ishmael, Hagar's son. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God changed Abram and Sarai's name. Sarah is promised a child and the circumcision as a covenant between God and Abraham.

Today's Study

Again God appear to Abram when he was 99 years old and told him that he was the Almighty God and that Abram should walk before him and be perfect. Then God assured him of the covenant that he will definitely multiply him. When Abram heard this he fell to the ground and God continue to talk to him that he will be a father of many nations and because of that his name will be changed from Abram to Abraham.(Genesis 17:1-5)

God continued to talk to Abram that he will make him very fruitful, nation and kings shall come out of him. He also assure him that he will establish his covenant and be his God and the God of his descendants. He promise to give Abraham and his descendants the land where they are strangers and Abraham and his descendants shall keep his covenant to circumcised every male child among him.(Genesis 17:6-10)

The circumcision shall be a symbol of the covenant between God and Abraham. Every male child shall be circumcised on the eight day after the child is born and every male child either born in his house or bought with money from strangers or a male stranger. The circumcision shall be on their flesh as an everlasting covenant. Whoever is not circumcise and the person that broken God's covenant shall be cast out from his people. Then God told Abram that Sarai name has changed and she will be called Sarah. (Genesis 17:11-15)

Sarah shall be blessed. She shall have her own son. She shall be mother of nations and kings. Then Abram bow to the ground and laughed and he said in his mind, shall a child be born unto him that is 100 years old and shall Sarah that is 90 yrs old also give birth? Then Abraham respond to God and said, how i wish Ishmael to be the child to live before God. Then God respond that Sarah your wife shall have a child and you shall call him Isaac, in him will his covenant be established. However, as for his prayer for Ishmael, God told him not to worry, he will make Ishmael to be fruitful, multiply him greatly, he will be a great nation and he will have 12 princes.(Genesis 17:16-20)

Then God told Abraham that it in Isaac he will establish his covenant with, which Sarah shall born in a year time. After this, God left Abraham. Then Abraham took Ishmael and the men in his house to circumcise them. Abraham was 99 and Ishmael was 13 when they were circumcise with all men in his house that day. (Genesis 17:21-27)

Reflection

Its a good thing to talk to God and hear God talk. Its must be exciting to be assured by God that he will fulfill his promises and to prove it, he will make covenant with you. There is no greater assurance than that. God promise Abraham that he will multiply him; he will have a son. Although Abraham had Ishmael already and was satisfied with him, but God want to surely bless Abraham with a destiny child through Sarah. "17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;" (Genesis 22:17)

God must have certified Sarah as a good wife who deserved a promise child. Christian wives, its a good thing to respect your husband so that God can look down from heaven and purposefully bless you. Honoring your husband brings so much blessing. Even at the age that look so difficult for medical scientist that Sarah could conceived, God did his miracle. Blessing comes in honoring God's people."2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile."(Psalm 32:2)

When God promise, age, money, skills, intelligence, strength, ability and incapacitation will not be barriers. God will process his promise in such away that if any of these talents are needed, he will make provision for it. God is not limited to any thing, he can make a barren woman give birth at 90, a retched man build a mansion, a retched sinner get to heaven and unqualified be the best candidate. Just trust him completely and do as he said. Don't waste time with his covenant assignment. The bible made us to understand that the same day that God told Abraham about the circumcision he went straight to do it. " He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them." (1 Samuel 2:8 )

Another thing to note is that when God is purpose to change your life for good through his promises, apart from his covenant, he will change your name or give you a name. You will see, that the angel of God gave Hagar the name for Ishmael, then God change the name of Abram to Abraham and Sarai to Sarah and named Isaac. When God is ready for you, he will change your name from Mr A to chief A, Prince A, King A, Lord A and so on. "3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel"(Isaiah 45: 3)

May the almighty establish his covenant with us, change our name and turn our darkest world to light.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
I saw a place u wrote that
Then Abraham respond to God and said, how i wish Ishmael to be the child to live before God.
how do one live before God?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
channel 190: I saw a place u wrote that how do one live before God?

The bible made us to understand that Isaac was a promise child whose descendants will be much as the multitude sand of sea.
However, in this instance, Abraham was not really interested in God giving him another child at 100, since he already had Ishmael, but God told him No,
He will bless Ishmael with 12 princes,and he will give him Isaac through Sarah his wife who will live before God.

Living before God means, communing with God, reading your bible, praying all the time, doing God's will and representing God in your life.
Its like saying, if you commit sin and do what you want, you are living for yourself and the devil.
If you do the things that God commands you to do, it will be said that you are living before God
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:51am On Jan 13, 2013
Angels prophesied to Sarah

Genesis 18

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God changed Abram and Sarai's name. Sarah is promised a child and the circumcision as a covenant between God and Abraham. In todays lesson we will be learning about how the angels prophesied to Sarah that she will have a son, God's plan to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels visitation and the communication between God and Abraham.

Today's Study

When Abraham was seating in the front of the tent door on sunny day, God appeared to him in the plain of Mamre, where he saw three men standing by him. When he saw them he ran to them and bow to the ground. Then Abraham begged them to stay with him so he can get them water to drink and wash their feets. He also admonished them to get some rest under the tree so he can get them some bread and have some comfort. And they agreed to stay with Abraham.(Genesis 18:1-5)

Then Abraham quickly went inside to tell Sarah to make quickly some food for the visitors. Then Abraham went to get the food for them and served them. Then they ask where Sarah was and Abraham told them she was in the tent. One of the men said, he will visit them in the time of life and Sarah shall have a son and sarah heard it. (Genesis 18:6-10)

However Abraham and Sarah had stopped making love, because they were old. So Sarah laughed that after she and her husband are of old age, we they still make love? Then the lord said to Abraham why did Sarah laughed that she is old to have a child? Is anything to hard for God to do? And he assured him that in a year time, Sarah will have a child, but Sarah denied that she laughed, because she was afraid. (Genesis 18:11-15)

Then the (men) angel rose up and went towards Sodom and Abraham saw them off. And the lord said, how will he do things without telling Abraham; especially when Abraham shall eventually become great and mighty nation through which the earth will be blessed. Because he knows that Abraham will discipline and tutor his children to keep God's way, doing justice and judgment; and he will bring to pass all that he has promised him.(Genesis 18:16-19)

Then God determine to go down to see the cry of sin coming out of Sodom and Gomorrah. And the men turned there face to Sodom, but Abraham stood before the lord. Then Abraham move closer to God asking if he will destroy the righteous with the wicked should there be fifty righteous men in the city? and he also said, It is not a good thing to destroy the 50 righteous people with the wicked, even the judges of this world know the right things to do.(Genesis 18:20-25)

Then God said if there are up to 50 righteous people in sodom and Gomorrah, he will not destroyed them. Abraham then said though he knows he is not worthy to talk to God, but he will ask, what if there is 45, God said, he would not destroy because of 45. Then Abraham asked again what if there is 40, 30, 20, and he then asked, for this last time what if there is 10, and God said he will not destroy because of 10. Then God left Abraham because he had done talking and Abraham returned to his tent.(Genesis 18:26-33)

Reflection

Its not abnormal to see God in all that we do if you are children of God doing his will and have been waiting patiently. Children of God should have obligation to take care of strangers, especially when they are expecting. Abraham does not know the visitors that came visiting on a sunny afternoon, but he must have been compel by the spirit of God that this three people are angels of God. As christians we should give to strangers and not condemn them with their look. Angels would hardly come as a rich fellow, but in an humble state. "2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."(Hewbrew 13:2)

The passage made us to understand that when the angels were served and taken care off, they prophesied into Sarah's life that she will have a child. Even though she did not believe because of her present condition, yet God bring it to pass. May the God of all season visit every barren woman reading this today. If God is purpose to bless us, he would not care even when we don't believe him. "24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."(1 Thessalonians 5:24)

If we are doing God's will, he will always communicate with us. Abraham is an example of that. When God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah the city where Lot and his family still resides, God felt the need to let him know, because God has propose to make him great. Its not heathy to live as a christian without hearing from God. We should make sure we hear from God everyday, by reading our bible and praying. Through the bible and prayer, God speaks to us."13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."(John 16:13)

God's compassion never fail. despite the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, God was willing to spare the city if there are 10 righteous people in it. However, there were only four righteous people in that city, which include Lot, his wife and his two daughters. As a child of God, God can avert a major disaster when we pray. Abraham pray that God should not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if there are 10 righteous people and God was determined to spare them, and i am sure if he had prayed God to spare the cities because of 2 people, God could have save the cities. Our prayer is effective as christians, if we encourage the habit of praying to God at all the time. "17 Pray without ceasing."(1 Thessalonians 5:17)

May God help us to believe in him and also give us the right mind to hear him when he talks.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 6:26am On Jan 13, 2013
obalola7:
Angels prophesied to Sarah

Genesis 18

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God changed Abram and Sarai's name. Sarah is promised a child and the circumcision as a covenant between God and Abraham. In todays lesson we will be learning about how the angels prophesied to Sarah that she will have a son, God's plan to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels visitation and the communication between God and Abraham.

Today's Study

When Abraham was seating in the front of the tent door on sunny day, God appeared to him in the plain of Mamre, where he saw three men standing by him. When he saw them he ran to them and bow to the ground. Then Abraham begged them to stay with him so he can get them water to drink and wash their feets. He also admonished them to get some rest under the tree so he can get them some bread and have some comfort. And they agreed to stay with Abraham.(Genesis 18:1-5)

Then Abraham quickly went inside to tell Sarah to make quickly some food for the visitors. Then Abraham went to get the food for them and served them. Then they ask where Sarah was and Abraham told them she was in the tent. One of the men said, he will visit them in the time of life and Sarah shall have a son and sarah heard it. (Genesis 18:6-10)

However Abraham and Sarah had stopped making love, because they were old. So Sarah laughed that after she and her husband are of old age, we they still make love? Then the lord said to Abraham why did Sarah laughed that she is old to have a child? Is anything to hard for God to do? And he assured him that in a year time, Sarah will have a child, but Sarah denied that she laughed, because she was afraid. (Genesis 18:11-15)

Then the (men) angel rose up and went towards Sodom and Abraham saw them off. And the lord said, how will he do things without telling Abraham; especially when Abraham shall eventually become great and mighty nation through which the earth will be blessed. Because he knows that Abraham will discipline and tutor his children to keep God's way, doing justice and judgment; and he will bring to pass all that he has promised him.(Genesis 18:16-19)

Then God determine to go down to see the cry of sin coming out of Sodom and Gomorrah. And the men turned there face to Sodom, but Abraham stood before the lord. Then Abraham move closer to God asking if he will destroy the righteous with the wicked should there be fifty righteous men in the city? and he also said, It is not a good thing to destroy the 50 righteous people with the wicked, even the judges of this world know the right things to do.(Genesis 18:20-25)

Then God said if there are up to 50 righteous people in sodom and Gomorrah, he will not destroyed them. Abraham then said though he knows he is not worthy to talk to God, but he will ask, what if there is 45, God said, he would not destroy because of 45. Then Abraham asked again what if there is 40, 30, 20, and he then asked, for this last time what if there is 10, and God said he will not destroy because of 10. Then God left Abraham because he had done talking and Abraham returned to his tent.(Genesis 18:26-33)

Reflection

Its not abnormal to see God in all that we do if you are children of God doing his will and have been waiting patiently. Children of God should have obligation to take care of strangers, especially when they are expecting. Abraham does not know the visitors that came visiting on a sunny afternoon, but he must have been compel by the spirit of God that this three people are angels of God. As christians we should give to strangers and not condemn them with their look. Angels would hardly come as a rich fellow, but in an humble state. "2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."(Hewbrew 13:2)

The passage made us to understand that when the angels were served and taken care off, they prophesied into Sarah's life that she will have a child. Even though she did not believe because of her present condition, yet God bring it to pass. May the God of all season visit every barren woman reading this today. If God is purpose to bless us, he would not care even when we don't believe him. "24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."(1 Thessalonians 5:24)

If we are doing God's will, he will always communicate with us. Abraham is an example of that. When God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah the city where Lot and his family still resides, God felt the need to let him know, because God has propose to make him great. Its not heathy to live as a christian without hearing from God. We should make sure we hear from God everyday, by reading our bible and praying. Through the bible and prayer, God speaks to us."13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."(John 16:13)

God's compassion never fail. despite the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, God was willing to spare the city if there are 10 righteous people in it. However, there were only four righteous people in that city, which include Lot, his wife and his two daughters. As a child of God, God can avert a major disaster when we pray. Abraham pray that God should not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if there are 10 righteous people and God was determined to spare them, and i am sure if he had prayed God to spare the cities because of 2 people, God could have save the cities. Our prayer is effective as christians, if we encourage the habit of praying to God at all the time. "17 Pray without ceasing."(1 Thessalonians 5:17)

May God help us to believe in him and also give us the right mind to hear him when he talks.
AMEN...I wish, we had one religion.

They is power in one language!
Even God is afraid of that,

And that is what the Islamie are doing
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 7:32am On Jan 13, 2013
channel 190: AMEN...I wish, we had one religion.

There is power in one language!
Even God is afraid of that,

And that is what the Islamie are doing

Not really, do you know there is more than one doctrine of islam?
The Sunni, Shi'a, Sufi and Ahmaddiya

There is no perfect religion, just as there is no perfect culture
http://orvillejenkins.com/outlineintro/types.html

Religion is like a culture, everyone, group and nation has its own. They do not take you to heaven, but cause commotion.
You do not need religion to get to heaven, you need to follow God to get to heaven.
Some of the religion of today are some of the things Jesus try to take away during his time. e.g you can not heal people on sunday, this are principles or culture that make people become fanatics but does not reflect what God wants us to do. The same can be said on islam.(but this section is not dedicated for Quran, so we focus on bible only)You can keep all these principles like culture in religion and still be devil.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 3:30am On Jan 14, 2013
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

Genesis 19

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the angels prophesied to Sarah that she will have a son, God's plan to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels visitation and the communication between God and Abraham. In todays lesson we will be learning about how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot wife became pillar of salt, and how Lot entertain angels.

Today's Study

At the evening after God had left speaking with Abraham about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, two angels arrived at Sodom. While they were coming into Sodom, Lot sat at the gate of Sodom, when he saw the angels, he ran to them bowing to the ground before them. Then Lot begged them to come to his house to sleep and have some water and tomorrow morning they can go on their way. But they said no, they would be on the street all night. But Lot was persuasive and continue to begged them and they came to his house and he baked them food to eat. However before they sleep the men in the city came to Lot's house asking Lot to bring out the men that came to his house. (Genesis 19:1-5)

But Lot went to them and close the door behind him, then pleaded with the men not to hurt the men that were in his house with him; but he offered to give them his virgin daughters to do whatever they want to them instead, but to the men under his roof they should do nothing to harm them. However, the men will not listen to Lot and they promised they will deal wickedly with the angels under Lot's roof. When the city men of Sodom was pressing hard on Lot to force their way to Lot's house, the angel pull Lot inside of the house and close the door. (Genesis 19:6-10)

Then the angels strike the city men at the door with blindness so that they could not see the door. Then the Angels ask Lot to get out of Sodom with all that he had, including son's inlaws, because the Lord has asked them to destroy this place. Lot then went out to tell the son inlaw that God will destroy this place and that they should leave the city, but they mocked him. The next morning, the angels told Lot to leave the city quickly with his family before they are destroyed with the city. (Genesis 19:10-15)

While Lot was wasting time, the angels held his hand, his wife hand and his daughters hands and pull them out of the city, because the Lord was merciful to him. Then Lot and his family to run to the mountain and never stay closer, but Lot begged them that they should be merciful the more by letting him run to the nearest city called Oh. (Genesis 19:16-20)

Then the angels told him that they have accepted his request and that fire will not destroy the city of Oh because of Lot, so Lot ran to the city with his family. Then the angel asked them to continue running, because they can not destroy Sodom until they had gotten to Oh, so when it was afternoon, the angels destroyed the land with brimstone and fire from heaven.(Genesis 19:21-25)

While they were running, Lot wife looked back from behind Lot and she became pillar of salt. Then Abraham stood up from the place where he stood before the Lord, and look towards Sodom and Gomorrah, then he saw the smoke from those city going up. After God has destroyed the plain city, God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of Oh because it was in the middle of the cities that were burnt.Then Lot went to Zoar and live on the mountain and his two daughters with him, but was afraid so he live in a cave with his daughters. (Genesis 19:26-30)

When Lot daughters saw that their father was getting old and that there were no men around they could had affair with, the first daughter suggest they should have their father make love with them for children. Then they made their father drank wine and he lay with his daughters night after the other, but Lot did not know this, because he was drunk. The first daughter had a son and called his name Moab: the father of the Moabite; the second daughter called the name of her son Benammi, the father of of the Ammonites. (Genesis 19:31-38)

Reflection

Our God is faithful and upright. He controls the universe and could do an undo. When he want, he will come in form of a stranger to let us know his will. He will tell us all that is needed and inform us on how to go. However, this happens to those who are in Christ and do his will. My prayer is that, we should not fight with the spirit of God when it come to reprimand us, but to submit and beg for leniency and forgiveness. If the children of Sodom would have repented or there were just 10 righteous people in Sodom and Gomorrah, they would have been spared from destruction. "51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."(Act 7:51)

Lot loyalty to the will of God was not questioned. When he saw the strangers, he knew they were angels of God. When you see the people of God, God has the way of letting us know that they are people of God. We will know by the way they talk, dress, look and conduct their business. As children of God, we should exemplify God in all ways, both in look, content and behavior. Lot was ready to give his daughters for sacrifice to save the angels. When we are ready to lose all that we have for God, God will not only spare those things for us, and he will bless us with more. "29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." (Mark 10:29,30)

When you are a child of God, God will be patient enough to take you out of danger, in emergency, God will make sure you are save before he strike. The angels of the lord, waited for Lot until to get to his resting place: the city of Oh, before he send out fire. My prayer for us is that, God will not let us to loose our place in his presence. "3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence."(Psalms 91:3)

Its good to pray, when we pray, we can change the hands of time. In verse 29 of Genesis 19, the bible made us to understand that God remembered Abraham. Throughout the Night, Abraham must have been praying, although God destroyed Sodom because there were no 10 righteous men in the whole city of Sodom and Gomorrah, but he spare Lot with his family, except for his wife who was so attached to Sodom. "16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."(James 5:16)

Lot's wife might have been thinking of her jewelry, all the goats, cow and sheep, their mansion and all that they have worked for, but it was too late. A single mistake can cause us everything, if we do not hear from God before we act. While Lot had a second chance he did not make use of it. Today, we have to make sure we are reconciling our differences with God decision for our lives. Lot had a chance to have reconcile with Abraham, when he was delivered from those that took him captive, but he did not. He could have use the opportunity to move back with Abraham to the same land and he would have saved all his wealth and his wife. "15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."(1 John 2:15)

May the almighty God help us to be diligent to his word and observant of his wish for our life.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 4:16am On Jan 14, 2013
obalola7:
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

Genesis 19

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the angels prophesied to Sarah that she will have a son, God's plan to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, the angels visitation and the communication between God and Abraham. In todays lesson we will be learning about how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot wife became pillar of salt, and how Lot entertain angels.

Today's Study

At the evening after God had left speaking with Abraham about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, two angels arrived at Sodom. While they were coming into Sodom, Lot sat at the gate of Sodom, when he saw the angels, he ran to them bowing to the ground before them. Then Lot begged them to come to his house to sleep and have some water and tomorrow morning they can go on their way. But they said no, they would be on the street all night. But Lot was persuasive and continue to begged them and they came to his house and he baked them food to eat. However before they sleep the men in the city came to Lot's house asking Lot to bring out the men that came to his house. (Genesis 19:1-5)

But Lot went to them and close the door behind him, then pleaded with the men not to hurt the men that were in his house with him; but he offered to give them his virgin daughters to do whatever they want to them instead, but to the men under his roof they should do nothing to harm them. However, the men will not listen to Lot and they promised they will deal wickedly with the angels under Lot's roof. When the city men of Sodom was pressing hard on Lot to force their way to Lot's house, the angel pull Lot inside of the house and close the door. (Genesis 19:6-10)

Then the angels strike the city men at the door with blindness so that they could not see the door. Then the Angels ask Lot to get out of Sodom with all that he had, including son's inlaws, because the Lord has asked them to destroy this place. Lot then went out to tell the son inlaw that God will destroy this place and that they should leave the city, but they mocked him. The next morning, the angels told Lot to leave the city quickly with his family before they are destroyed with the city. (Genesis 19:10-15)

While Lot was wasting time, the angels held his hand, his wife hand and his daughters hands and pull them out of the city, because the Lord was merciful to him. Then Lot and his family to run to the mountain and never stay closer, but Lot begged them that they should be merciful the more by letting him run to the nearest city called Oh. (Genesis 19:16-20)

Then the angels told him that they have accepted his request and that fire will not destroy the city of Oh because of Lot, so Lot ran to the city with his family. Then the angel asked them to continue running, because they can not destroy Sodom until they had gotten to Oh, so when it was afternoon, the angels destroyed the land with brimstone and fire from heaven.(Genesis 19:21-25)

While they were running, Lot wife looked back from behind Lot and she became pillar of salt. Then Abraham stood up from the place where he stood before the Lord, and look towards Sodom and Gomorrah, then he saw the smoke from those city going up. After God has destroyed the plain city, God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of Oh because it was in the middle of the cities that were burnt.Then Lot went to Zoar and live on the mountain and his two daughters with him, but was afraid so he live in a cave with his daughters. (Genesis 19:26-30)

When Lot daughters saw that their father was getting old and that there were no men around they could had affair with, the first daughter suggest they should have their father make love with them for children. Then they made their father drank wine and he lay with his daughters night after the other, but Lot did not know this, because he was drunk. The first daughter had a son and called his name Moab: the father of the Moabite; the second daughter called the name of her son Benammi, the father of of the Ammonites. (Genesis 19:31-38)

Reflection

Our God is faithful and upright. He controls the universe and could do an undo. When he want, he will come in form of a stranger to let us know his will. He will tell us all that is needed and inform us on how to go. However, this happens to those who are in Christ and do his will. My prayer is that, we should not fight with the spirit of God when it come to reprimand us, but to submit and beg for leniency and forgiveness. If the children of Sodom would have repented or there were just 10 righteous people in Sodom and Gomorrah, they would have been spared from destruction. "51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."(Act 7:51)

Lot loyalty to the will of God was not questioned. When he saw the strangers, he knew they were angels of God. When you see the people of God, God has the way of letting us know that they are people of God. We will know by the way they talk, dress, look and conduct their business. As children of God, we should exemplify God in all ways, both in look, content and behavior. Lot was ready to give his daughters for sacrifice to save the angels. When we are ready to lose all that we have for God, God will not only spare those things for us, and he will bless us with more. "29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." (Mark 10:29,30)

When you are a child of God, God will be patient enough to take you out of danger, in emergency, God will make sure you are save before he strike. The angels of the lord, waited for Lot until to get to his resting place: the city of Oh, before he send out fire. My prayer for us is that, God will not let us to loose our place in his presence. "3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence."(Psalms 91:3)

Its good to pray, when we pray, we can change the hands of time. In verse 29 of Genesis 19, the bible made us to understand that God remembered Abraham. Throughout the Night, Abraham must have been praying, although God destroyed Sodom because there were no 10 righteous men in the whole city of Sodom and Gomorrah, but he spare Lot with his family, except for his wife who was so attached to Sodom. "16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."(James 5:16)

Lot's wife might have been thinking of her jewelry, all the goats, cow and sheep, their mansion and all that they have worked for, but it was too late. A single mistake can cause us everything, if we do not hear from God before we act. While Lot had a second chance he did not make use of it. Today, we have to make sure we are reconciling our differences with God decision for our lives. Lot had a chance to have reconcile with Abraham, when he was delivered from those that took him captive, but he did not. He could have use the opportunity to move back with Abraham to the same land and he would have saved all his wealth and his wife. "15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."(1 John 2:15)

May the almighty God help us to be diligent to his word and observant of his wish for our life.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:36am On Jan 15, 2013
God delivered Sarah from King of Abimelech

Genesis 20

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot wife became pillar of salt, and how Lot entertain angels. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God deliver Sarah from King Abimelech, Abraham misinform Abimelech that Sarah was his sister, God strikes Abimelech and his household with barrenness and appear to him in his dream

Today's Study

Then Abraham relocate from the south country to Gerar, a country between Kadesh and Shur. And Abraham told the king of Abimelech that Sarah is his sister, so the king came to take his wife Sarah. But in his dream God appear to him, telling him he was a dead man, because the woman he has taken is the wife of Abraham. But Abimelech was yet to make love with Sarah, so he asked God if God will kill a righteous nation? because Abraham said she was his sister and Sarah said he was her brother and he had done this unintentionally.

And God replied to Abimelech in his dream, that he knew that he has done this unintentionally and with a clean mind, but he also was the one that made Abimelech not to think of making love to her.Then God commanded Abimelech to return Sarah to Abraham, because he is a prophet and he will pray for him and then he shall live, but if he refuses to return Sarah, Abimelech and his family shall die. Then Abimelech told all the dreams to everyone in his house and they were afraid, then he called Abraham and asked him why he intended to bring unto his kingdom the anger of God

Abraham then replied him that he was afraid because he thought the fear of God is not with the people and the people can kill him because of his wife. But truly Sarah was his sister, but not from the same mother, and she is also my wife. We had plan to say she is my sister everywhere we go. Then Abimelech gave Abraham sheep, oxen, men and women servants, then returned his wife. Abimelech also told Abraham that he could live anywhere on the land and Abraham prayed to God to heal Abimelech and his females household, because the lord had made them all barren.

Reflection

As Christians we sometime want to use our smartness to solve small matters. We would sometime device a method to a problem. We make some technical lies in which if you look at it in both ways its neither true nor false. Abraham was in the same situation. In the earlier chapter, Genesis 19, we read that Abraham prayed to save Lot and the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. But on the issue of someone taking his wife, he felt he need not to pray about that, because he has a way to preserve his life. Christians should learn to pray on all matters, including eating, protection, shower and even lifting bucket of water. Its the best insurance we can ever have. 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."(Proverbs 3:5)

When we don't pray about little matters, God sometime make them to be a pain in the neck for us. Many times he will save us, but not without stress. However, the experience was a blessing in disguise for Abraham. When God appear to Abimelech in his dream, he preserved Sarah in Abimelech's house and also made Abimelech maid servants, daughters and wife barren so Abraham can pray for them. The experience made Abimelech to bless Abraham with material wealth and restore Sarah. "14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance."(Genesis 15:14)

God will start fighting your battle. He will make all that have taken your things forcefully or illegally to start repaying you in double folds. Has anybody took advantage of you, because he is in a better position? Trust God to fight your battle, don't fight for yourself. God will strike them and show up in their dream and they will know that, you are not the person to be toy with. "6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;"(2 Thessalonians 1
:6)

May God give us the patience needed to watch him fight our battle for him.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:36am On Jan 16, 2013

God fulfilled his promise to Abraham and Sarah

Genesis 21

Introduction-
In our last lesson we learned about how God delivered Sarah from King Abimelech, Abraham misinform Abimelech that Sarah was his sister, God strikes Abimelech and his household with barrenness and appeared to him in his dream. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God fulfilled his promise to Abraham and Sarah, Isaac was born, Hagar and Ishmael were sent away.

Today's Study

Sarah conceived and gave birth to Isaac and he was circumcised on the eight day. When it was time to celebrate the birth of Isaac, they made a great party and Ishmael mocked them as they celebrate Isaac. Then Sarah saw him and asked Abraham to send both Hagar and Ishmael away, because she can not afford to have rival in her house.(Genesis 21:1-10)

But Abraham was angry about what Sarah said, because of Ishmael, but God told Abraham not to be angry because Isaac will his descendant be called. The next day, Abraham took all that Hagar will need, including water and food and send them away and Hagar wandered in the wilderness. When the water she had had finished, she left Ishmael under one of the small trees so she wouldn't see him when he die, but sat across him and cried. And God heard the cry of Ishmael and called Hagar from heaven. The angel told her not to be afraid that he had heard the voice of Ismael. She should lift up the child from where she left her to die, because Ismael will be a great nation, then God open her eyes and she saw a well of water in the wilderness. (Genesis 21:11-20)

Ishmael and her mother lived in the wilderness of Paran and he got married to an egyptians. Then Abimelech saw that God was with Abraham because he was greatly blessed and he and his chief captain Phichol went to him to make agreement that he will continue to be loyal to them and not betray them and Abimelech generation to come. Then Abraham promised them, but mentioned that he has done him bad, by taking his well. Abimelech then said he knew nothing about it, not until he is telling him now. Then abraham made a covenant with Abimelech with seven lambs and they called the place Beersheba, the everlasting God and Abraham live in philistine for many days.(Genesis 21:21-34)

Reflection

In our wilderness of uncertainty, God is there and he can command our feeding and drinking. He can make the impossible possible if we trust God and believe in him. God hears prayers of little children. Christian parents should teach their children how to pray. We should pray in their presence and allow them to know our God. Ishmael must have learned how to pray from Abraham and knew that his father would pray when he is in distress. So at this time, when his father sent him away base on the instruction from God, he knew that God is the only one to cry unto. "6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)

My prayer is that, when we cry to God, may he hear from heaven and make provision for us on earth. God did that for Ishmael. God opened his mother's eyes and she saw the well. He would have die of dehydration, and the mother had not solution to that, except to put her under a small tree, to prevent her from the heat of the sun, and she was waiting until her son die slowly. But God always have the after plan, since he is the giver of life, he will make way for us. "18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law."(Psalms 119:18)

Are you in a wilderness, perhaps wilderness of poverty, barrenness, diseases, sickness, frustration or any kind of wilderness, i can assure you, if you cry hard today to almighty God, heaven will listen. God will open your eyes to the solution. And when God start blessing you, God will make your enemy to see that you are destine for greatness and they will need to treat you with care, just as Abimelech did to Abraham."7 When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him."(Proverbs 16:7)

May the Almighty hear us when we cry in emergency.

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2013
please keep it keeping please, I will soon reply, I will read them during the weekend or asap, but keep it daily please
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
channel 190: please keep it please, I will soon reply, I will read them during the weekend or asap, but keep it daily please

No problem, God will help
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:41am On Jan 17, 2013
God tempted Abraham

Genesis 22

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God fulfill his promise to Abraham and Sarah, Isaac was born, Hagar and Ishmael were sent away. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God tempts Abraham, A ram replaced Isaac as burn offering and God reaffirm his promise to Abraham.

Today's Study

Now God propose to tempt Abraham and he asked Abraham to take his only son to Moriah to offer Isaac to him as burnt offering. Abraham then took two of his servants and isaac with him to the place where God asked him to go. On the third day of the journey, when he lifted his eyes he saw the place far off and he asked his two servants to stay while he and isaac continue their journey. Then Abraham took the wood and put it on Isaac and he carried the fire and knife and they continue their journey. While they were on their way, Isaac said, my father, here is the wood, fire and knife, but there is no lamb, then Abraham replied that God will provide for himself a lamb of burnt offering. When they got there, Abraham placed Isaac on the altar and stretch high his hand to kill Isaac for burnt offering. (Genesis 22:1-10)

Then Abraham heard the voice of an angel calling him, and he replied: here am i. And the angel said do not kill your son, for now he knows that he feared God, in that he was willing to kill his only son for God. Then Abraham looked up and he saw a ram that had its horn hooked to thick bush and Abraham took the ram and use it for burnt offering instead of his son. Abraham called the place Jehovahjireh: In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.Then the angel of the lord called Abraham the second time. (Genesis 22:11-15)

Because Abraham did not hide his son from being used as sacrifice, God renewed his covenant that he will bless Abraham and his descendants shall poccess the gate of their enemies. Through Abraham the nations of the earth will be blessed, because he obeyed God. Them Abraham returned to Beersheba. When he got there, Abraham heard news from his brother Nahor that he has given birth to children and his children were Huz, Buz, Kemuel the father of Aram and Chesed. hazo, Phildash, Jidlaph and Bethuel. And Bethuel gave birth to Rebecah. and Nahor concubine also gave birth to children. (Genesis 22:16-24)

Reflection

The act of believing God unto death is what every Christian should exhibit on daily bases. Trusting God with our hearts is what make us veteran Christians. When we read the bible and pray everyday, we hear from God and we mature in him. Abraham has heard God many times, so he was able to recognize when God came talking and telling him to go use his son for sacrifice. At this time, Ishmael is gone, he has been sent away, if not, it could be said that Abraham had a backup plan. When we are dealing with God, we should render ourselves to him in totality without alternative. "30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."(Mark 12:30)

When we trust God and only him, he will surprise us. No doubt if God can give Abraham a child at 100, he can make him have another child at 110, so Abraham believe God. But God plans is much different from man. Giving God all that we have and believing that God owns all that we have will help us. We should be God conscious and not material conscious. We can see how God made provision for the burnt offering. A ram got hooked up for that purpose. We will think we have loose all that we have, God will show up with the best for us."8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together."(Genesis 22:8 )

God was not only impressed with what Abraham did, in that he trusted him with even the life of his only child, but God reaffirmed his promised for Abraham and extended his promise that through Abraham all nations will be blessed. As a Christians, we should always know, that we will go through tough challenges and situation in this life, but God will definitely see us through it. While our sacrifice is needed, but the love of God is greater"33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."(Mark 12:33)

May God help us to trust him in totality.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:22am On Jan 18, 2013
obalola7: God tempted Abraham

Genesis 22

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God fulfill his promise to Abraham and Sarah, Isaac was born, Hagar and Ishmael were sent away. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God tempts Abraham, A ram replaced Isaac as burn offering and God reaffirm his promise to Abraham.

Today's Study

Now God propose to tempt Abraham and he asked Abraham to take his only son to Moriah to offer Isaac to him as burnt offering. Abraham then took two of his servants and isaac with him to the place where God asked him to go. On the third day of the journey, when he lifted his eyes he saw the place far off and he asked his two servants to stay while he and isaac continue their journey. Then Abraham took the wood and put it on Isaac and he carried the fire and knife and they continue their journey. While they were on their way, Isaac said, my father, here is the wood, fire and knife, but there is no lamb, then Abraham replied that God will provide for himself a lamb of burnt offering. When they got there, Abraham placed Isaac on the altar and stretch high his hand to kill Isaac for burnt offering. (Genesis 22:1-10)

Then Abraham heard the voice of an angel calling him, and he replied: here am i. And the angel said do not kill your son, for now he knows that he feared God, in that he was willing to kill his only son for God. Then Abraham looked up and he saw a ram that had its horn hooked to thick bush and Abraham took the ram and use it for burnt offering instead of his son. Abraham called the place Jehovahjireh: In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.Then the angel of the lord called Abraham the second time. (Genesis 22:11-15)

Because Abraham did not hide his son from being used as sacrifice, God renewed his covenant that he will bless Abraham and his descendants shall poccess the gate of their enemies. Through Abraham the nations of the earth will be blessed, because he obeyed God. Them Abraham returned to Beersheba. When he got there, Abraham heard news from his brother Nahor that he has given birth to children and his children were Huz, Buz, Kemuel the father of Aram and Chesed. hazo, Phildash, Jidlaph and Bethuel. And Bethuel gave birth to Rebecah. and Nahor concubine also gave birth to children. (Genesis 22:16-24)

Reflection

The act of believing God unto death is what every Christian should exhibit on daily bases. Trusting God with our hearts is what make us veteran Christians. When we read the bible and pray everyday, we hear from God and we mature in him. Abraham has heard God many times, so he was able to recognize when God came talking and telling him to go use his son for sacrifice. At this time, Ishmael is gone, he has been sent away, if not, it could be said that Abraham had a backup plan. When we are dealing with God, we should render ourselves to him in totality without alternative. "30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."(Mark 12:30)

When we trust God and only him, he will surprise us. No doubt if God can give Abraham a child at 100, he can make him have another child at 110, so Abraham believe God. But God plans is much different from man. Giving God all that we have and believing that God owns all that we have will help us. We should be God conscious and not material conscious. We can see how God made provision for the burnt offering. A ram got hooked up for that purpose. We will think we have loose all that we have, God will show up with the best for us."8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together."(Genesis 22:8 )

God was not only impressed with what Abraham did, in that he trusted him with even the life of his only child, but God reaffirmed his promised for Abraham and extended his promise that through Abraham all nations will be blessed. As a Christians, we should always know, that we will go through tough challenges and situation in this life, but God will definitely see us through it. While our sacrifice is needed, but the love of God is greater"33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."(Mark 12:33)

May God help us to trust him in totality.
amen
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:22am On Jan 18, 2013
Sarah Died

Genesis 23

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how how God tempts Abraham, a ram replaced Isaac as burnt offering and God reaffirm his promise to Abraham. In todays lesson we will be learning about how Sarah was buried and the purchase Sarah's burial ground.

Today's Study

Now Sarah died when he was 127 years and Abraham asked the children of Heth to give him a place to bury his dead. The children of Heth told him to bury Sarah where ever he wants, because he is a mighty Prince among them. Then Abraham bow himself to the ground in the present of the children of Heth that if they could plead Ephron the son of Zohar to give him the cave of Machpelah for money and he said no, that he should burry his dead anywhere he wants. (Genesis 23: 1-12)

Then Abraham begged Ephron to collect money if he will give the cave to him, then Ephron said, if he want to pay for it, the cost is 400 shekels of silver and Abraham gave him the money. That was how Abraham bought the land which was in Machpelah as burial ground and Abraham buried Sarah there.(Genesis 23: 13-20)

Reflection

Its good to serve God. When we serve God, he will crown us with favor before man and make those who are our enemies to be our friends. The people of Heth saw God in Abraham and they could feel he was a mighty prince among them. He was honored and celebrated as a reputable man in their midst. He was never considered as a stranger, but treated like one of them. "4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man."(Proverbs 3:4)

Its good for Christians to act honorably and commit themselves with respect in every dealing. Abraham could have gotten Sarah's burial ground for free and the children of Heth: Ephron was willing to give the land to Abraham for free, but Abraham knew that free stuff make one loose respect and also to avert trouble in future, it makes sense to buy the burial field. "5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. 6.Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."(Colossians 4:5,6)

May the Almighty help us to conduct ourselves right.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:26am On Jan 18, 2013
i just noticed today is 18th, where is todays own, please dont stop many are watching o, not just me. Thanks Dear, like i said even after 5days of business in school i must make it here during weekends.

Now i have few quetions for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Observing Good Friday Around The World / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 325
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.