Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God (8906 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / @ Italo, Debosky And Others - Re: Bible Study Discourse And Matters Arising / Bible Study For Bible Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:36am On Feb 17, 2013
ecolime: This is a nice idea. Expecting you back soonest.

Thank you so much for your contribution.. Yes God will help
How are you doing and whats going on with you?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:37am On Feb 17, 2013
channel 190: Say, :what:

I didn't get you?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:54am On Feb 17, 2013
obalola7:

We thank God... Trusting God for strength in the midst of weakness. How about you and how are you doing?
a lot of challenges here and there all in lieu to my unsaving attitude.

My people will say its spiritual for a man not to be able to keep money for a long time.

But me I don't want to believe in that, more so to my status now. -follower of christ.

I have used up my school rent for the second time, yet I must seek, find and pay this same money on the 28th of this month.

My attitude towards money is too bad, I'm confessing this as a consideration to see how I can change, I don't really spend on others- girlfriends or even the males close to me, I don't change wardrobes often but my scale of preference is too bad.

Buy, eat, buy, eat, I don't beer parlor.
Just buy, eat, buy and eat plus unnecessary materials.

Do I need prayers or just hard working.

I will be in lagos from tuesday for a micro finance bank scholarship, I need your prayers.
I don't know how the scholarship will be, but I know I will be able to buy my rent from it.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 6:12am On Feb 17, 2013
channel 190: a lot of challenges here and there all in lieu to my unsaving attitude.

My people will say its spiritual for a man not to be able to keep money for a long time.

But me I don't want to believe in that, more so to my status now. -follower of christ.

I have used up my school rent for the second time, yet I must seek, find and pay this same money on the 28th of this month.

My attitude towards money is too bad, I'm confessing this as a consideration to see how I can change, I don't really spend on others- girlfriends or even the males close to me, I don't change wardrobes often but my scale of preference is too bad.

Buy, eat, buy, eat, I don't beer parlor.
Just buy, eat, buy and eat plus unnecessary materials.

Do I need prayers or just hard working.

I will be in lagos from tuesday for a micro finance bank scholarship, I need your prayers.
I don't know how the scholarship will be, but I know I will be able to buy my rent from it.

Many of our challenges are not spiritual. Some came as a result of our indiscipline.
A prudent child will not waste money on things that he does not need. You can not be spending money on want.
Create an habit of savings. You can do this by putting half of your money in a bank and keep your passbook far away from you. Then make sure you go for it almost when its half the semester.
Also, buy and eat, its not a good habit. Create sometime to fast at least two times a week, that will save you spiritually and financially.

You also need to believe in yourself that God has given you the ability to control your money and you need to discipline your self to create such prudent behavior.
Savings is good for everyone and i know it will be good for you. Buy only what you need and dont waste money on things that you need temporary if you can actually do without them.
Above all pray about it and work towards achieving your goal.

I will be praying for you and i know God will help you
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 17, 2013
Do you know your god is flesh and blood? I have evidence to show you if you wish
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: Do you know your god is flesh and blood? I have evidence to show you if you wish

Who are you referring to?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Bible Study Made Easy: The Book Of Exodus

Children of Israel are becoming mighty in Egypt

Exodus 1

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Israel was buried, Joseph died and asked his people to take his bones out of Egypt when the time come that God will take them out of Egypt to where he had promised their forefathers. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Israel seed has started multiplying and increasing in strength and becoming mighty, Pharaoh thought of diminishing the children of Israel strength and made a decree that all male child be thrown into the river when his previous plan had failed.

Today's Study

The names of the children of Israel which came into Egypt are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad and Asher. The entire children of Israel and his descendants were 70 that came to meet Joseph and his family in Egypt. After the death of Joseph the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly and multiplied and waxed exceeding mighty and they were filled with the land. After this, a new King was install that did not know Joseph. Then he noticed that the children of Israel are mighty, and planned to deal with them before they fight against them when there is war. (Exodus 1:1-10)

So they gave them lots of work to do and they built treasure cities Pithom and Raamses for Pharaoh. However, the more they afflict them the more they become stronger and the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve them with rigor. They were subjected to very difficult work with handcuff on their hands and the King of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwife Shiphrah and Puah that if during the course of their midwifing if they found any Jewish woman deliver a boy, they should kill him. But the midwifes feared God and did not do that, when Pharaoh noticed, he asked them why they failed to listen to him, they said, because the Hebrew women were stronger than Egyptians and that before they could get there they had delivered and Pharaoh made a decree that any Israel male child should be thrown into the river.(Exodus 1:11-22)

Reflection

There is no doubt that when God promise he will fulfill. The time we may not know, but certainly he will bring it to pass. The almighty is powerful enough to make things happen and to perfect everything. Now the descendants of Israel that came to Egypt were 74 and they have increase in population, strength and might as God promised Israel that his seed will be multiplied. "17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;" (Genesis 22:17)

If you are loved by everyone, its because God's promise for your life is yet to materialized. When God start fulfilling his covenant for your life, people who use to love you, will start having reason to hate you. Our God is able to do all things. Israel population is growing and they are becoming mighty, and Pharaoh saw reason to be offended because of Israel progress. Let us be prayerful when things are good, so when things turn bad, we can tap on God grace to sustain us. "15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake."(Isaiah 54:15)

My prayer is that when an evil plan is planned against you, may the almighty fight your battle.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 5:26am On Feb 21, 2013
obalola7: Bible Study Made Easy: The Book Of Exodus

Children of Israel are becoming mighty in Egypt

Exodus 1

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Israel was buried, Joseph died and asked his people to take his bones out of Egypt when the time come that God will take them out of Egypt to where he had promised their forefathers. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Israel seed has started multiplying and increasing in strength and becoming mighty, Pharaoh thought of diminishing the children of Israel strength and made a decree that all male child be thrown into the river when his previous plan had failed.

Today's Study

The names of the children of Israel which came into Egypt are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad and Asher. The entire children of Israel and his descendants were 70 that came to meet Joseph and his family in Egypt. After the death of Joseph the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly and multiplied and waxed exceeding mighty and they were filled with the land. After this, a new King was install that did not know Joseph. Then he noticed that the children of Israel are mighty, and planned to deal with them before they fight against them when there is war. (Exodus 1:1-10)

So they gave them lots of work to do and they built treasure cities Pithom and Raamses for Pharaoh. However, the more they afflict them the more they become stronger and the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve them with rigor. They were subjected to very difficult work with handcuff on their hands and the King of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwife Shiphrah and Puah that if during the course of their midwifing if they found any Jewish woman deliver a boy, they should kill him. But the midwifes feared God and did not do that, when Pharaoh noticed, he asked them why they failed to listen to him, they said, because the Hebrew women were stronger than Egyptians and that before they could get there they had delivered and Pharaoh made a decree that any Israel male child should be thrown into the river.(Exodus 1:11-22)

Reflection

There is no doubt that when God promise he will fulfill. The time we may not know, but certainly he will bring it to pass. The almighty is powerful enough to make things happen and to perfect everything. Now the descendants of Israel that came to Egypt were 74 and they have increase in population, strength and might as God promised Israel that his seed will be multiplied. "17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;" (Genesis 22:17)

If you are loved by everyone, its because God's promise for your life is yet to materialized. When God start fulfilling his covenant for your life, people who use to love you, will start having reason to hate you. Our God is able to do all things. Israel population is growing and they are becoming mighty, and Pharaoh saw reason to be offended because of Israel progress. Let us be prayerful when things are good, so when things turn bad, we can tap on God grace to sustain us. "15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake."(Isaiah 54:15)

My prayer is that when an evil plan is planned against you, may the almighty fight your battle.

amen

welcome back.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
channel 190: amen

welcome back.

Thank you
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:34am On Feb 22, 2013
Moses was born

Exodus 2

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the children of Israel have started multiplying and increasing in strength and becoming mighty, Pharaoh thought of diminishing the children of Israel strength and made a decree that all male child be thrown into the river when his previous plan failed. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Moses was born, he killed an Egyptian for a Hebrew and ran out of the sight of Pharaoh.

Today's Study

After the decree went out that all male child to be threw into the river, a man from Levi, married another Levi and they had a child and when the mother saw that the child was goodly, she kept her for 3 months secretly. When she could not hide the child, she took the child and put her in a small ark that look like basket and she place her to float on a river. The sister of the child watch as the child ark floated across to see what would happen to him as the daughter of Pharaoh came to the river to wash. She saw the ark and when she opened it, it was a male child. Then child cried and she had pity on him and said this must be one of the Hebrew children. When the child sister saw that she had been picked up, she went to Pharaoh's daughter and asked if she could get an Hebrew nurse for the baby and she said yes. Then the child sister went to call her mother and Pharaoh daughter ask the child's mom to take care of her and that she will pay her. When the child grew, she brought him back to Pharaoh’s daughter and she named him Moses, because she drew him out of water. (Exodus 2:1-10)

One day when Moses had grown he saw an Egyptian mistreating and Hebrew, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. On the second day, he saw two Hebrews fighting and he went to them to separate them and they asked him who made him a prince and a judge over them? Or does he want to kill them like he killed the other Egyptian? Moses was afraid because he had thought no one knew about the death of the Egyptian he killed. When Pharaoh heard what had happened, he wanted to kill Moses, but Moses escaped and ran to the land of Midian and sat by a well. But the priest of Midian had seven daughters that came to fetch water for their flocks and the shepherd came drove them away, but Moses stood up for them and helped them to fetch water. When they got to their father Reuel he asked how they make it home quickly today and they said, Moses helped them and he asked them to call him to eat bread with them. (Exodus 2:11-20)

Moses was content to live with Reuel and he gave him Zipporah his daughter and he had a son and called him Gershom meaning he has been a stranger in a strange land. Then King of Egypt died and the children of Israel cried to God because of bondage and the cry went to God and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and God look unto the children of Israel and had respect for them. (Exodus 2:21-25)

Reflection

At every moment, at every situation, God has the after plan. He will design a way needed for a solution in time of commotion. The situation is now getting out of hand and the male children of Israel are now being thrown into river. But God has a master plan coming from the tribe of Levi and he taught the child parent what to do. It was not coincident that Pharaoh daughter had compassion for the child, neither would it be out of God's plan for her to agree for an Hebrew nurse to take care of the child. God has the master plan in a confuse situation."11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end"(Jeremiah 29:11)

Moses grew and because of his passion for his people, killed one of the Egyptians who had been tormenting the Israelite. When he knew Pharaoh had known, he ran to Midian. God will make our resting place a destiny place when we do his will. It was obvious Moses must have been taught about God and the history of the people and he knew he was an Hebrew, he would had rather prefer to be Egyptians because he was more like an Egyptian Prince, but he chose to suffer with his people. One things was sure, God will drive you away from your comfort Zone to fulfill destiny when his time for promise fulfillment began."25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;"(Hebrew 11:25)

May the spirit of God guide, protect and teach us what to do in emergency.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:15am On Feb 23, 2013
God Appeared to Moses

Exodus 3

Introduction- in our last lesson we learned about how Moses was born, he killed an Egyptian for a Hebrew and ran out of the sight of Pharaoh. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God appeared to Moses, the burning fire without consuming the bush and Moses doubts.

Today's Study

When Moses was helping Jethro his father in-law the priest of Midian with the flock and he took the flock to the desert by the mountain of God in Horeb, there Lord appear to him by flame of fire. He saw that there was burning fire but the bush was not consume and when Moses made attempt to investigate why the bush was not burning, God called him in the midst of the bush and asked him to pull off his shoes because he was standing at holy ground. Then God introduced himself to him as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Moses was afraid. Then God said he has seen the affliction of the children of Israel and had come to take them to a land flowing with milk and honey. The land includes Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites and he will be sent to Pharaoh to let his people go. (Exodus 3:1-10)

Then Moses trembled and said who is he to be sent to bring the children out from Pharaoh and God told him he will be with him. Then Moses asked God what if the children of Israel asked him who is the God that sent him, then God told him to tell them that he is I AM THAT I AM and that I AM sent him. Also he should tell them he is the God of their fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and he instructed Moses to gather the elder of Israel together to tell them what had happened, and that God had promised to bring them out of the oppression of Egypt to the lands flowing with milk and honey, and they will hear him. Moses should tell Pharaoh that they will be going to Sacrifice to God of Hebrews in the wilderness but Pharaoh will not let them go without a fight. However, God will stretch out his hands and kill Egyptians with wonders and they shall have favor in the eyes of Egyptians. When the time come that they will leave Egypt, they will not leave empty and all the women should borrow jewels of silver, gold, raiment and take them out with them when they leave. (Exodus 3:11-22)

Reflection

Today, I AM THAT I AM wants your attention. He has proposed to set you free from your entire affliction and he is wiling to come to your rescue. Its a good thing to see God trying to convince us that he is God who can do the undo and can make signs to make us believe him. Moses knew his people and knows what he could expect from them. Although he was trying to avoid being sent for this assignment. He might have considered how gigantic the assignment was. No doubt Moses was afraid of the assignment."10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."(Isaiah 41:10)

Like we always do, we see our problem bigger than our God or see how impossible God assignment for our life. We sometime fail to remember God is mighty in power, great in strength and could do exceedingly great things than we can imagine. God took extra time to explain himself to Moses and shown Moses how great he is. Sometime, God will send a stranger to us to inform us about God's plan for us and we may not be convince, he will then appear in our dreams to instruct us about the same assignment but many time we still refuse and will be waiting for another sign. Here God appeared to Moses and he noticed the unusual God. "11 And the Lord said unto him, who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?"(Exodus 4:11)

May God help us to noticed God when he comes knocking
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:48am On Feb 24, 2013
God convince Moses

Exodus 4

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God appeared to Moses, the burning fire without consuming the bush and Moses doubts. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God convinced Moses, God made Aaron Moses brother to be his mouth piece before Pharaoh and the people of Israel, and the children of Israel believed Moses and Aaron

Today's Study

And Moses replied God that the children of Israel will not believe him and God asked Moses to drop the stick he was holding and it became serpent. Then Moses was afraid and he ask him to take the snake by the tail and it became stick again and that will be a sign that the God had appeared to you. Again, God asked Moses to put his hand under his armpit and asked him to take it out and it became leprous, white as snow and God ask him to put it back and it healed. The signs were the assurance that they will believe him with either or both of the signs. If they did not believe the first sign, they will believe the second sign and if they would still not believe, take water and pour it on the ground and it shall become blood. Then Moses came up with another excuse that he is not eloquent because he is slow of speech and tongue (Exodus 4:1-10)

Then God asked him who made man’s mouth, who make the dumb, deaf, seeing, blind is he not him the Lord? Then God promised him he would be with his mouth and teach him what to say. After this, Moses replied to God was to send whomever, he would send, when he realized that God was determined to send him. Then God was angry with Moses and he said he will send Aaron his brother who will come to meet him and he will be glad to see him. Then God instruct Moses to put word in his mouth and he promise to be with both of their mouths. And Aaron became Moses mouthpiece and he held with him the stick for the sign. Then Moses return to Jethro and told him he would be leaving for Egypt and he took his family with him and God assure him that those that wanted to kill him had died and Moses took the rod with him. (Exodus 4:11-20)

Then God reminds Moses not to forget to do all the signs before Pharaoh, but he will harden his heart and he shall not let the people go and he shall tell Pharaoh to let his people go because Israel is his first son and firstborn. Then Aaron came to Moses and he told him all that God has asked him to do and they went to gather the elders of the Israel and Aaron spoke the word in the presence of the people and they believe him and they worship God.(Exodus 4:21-31)

Reflection

When God is ready to perfect his work, he need not the most trained, but the less privilege that could be shaped for his purpose. God saw Moses humility; his passion for his people and that he would be a good instrument for his purpose. Moses tried all he could to convince God he was not qualified for God’s assignment. Like we always do this days, we will complain about money, job, distance, accommodation and sort of things when it come to God’s assignment, especially when its not in our comfort zone. "25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"(Matthew 6:25)

There is no doubt, that if God is willing to make you great, he will take his time to convince you about his will for you. You might have rejected the idea of playing an active role in God's vineyard and God will continue to convince you about it, but you continue to reject it, its better we do like Moses and say God send who you want to send and stop refusing God's will for us. "10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."(Matthew 6:10)

May God help us to yield his calling.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:45am On Feb 25, 2013
Pharaoh increase the Children of Israel Task

Exodus 5

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God convinced Moses, God made Aaron Moses mouthpiece before Pharaoh and the people of Israel, and the children of Israel believed Moses and Aaron. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Pharaoh increase the Children of Israel Tasks, Moses and Aaron appear to Pharaoh to let the children of Israel go, but Pharaoh refused.

Today's Study

After Moses and Aaron had finished talking with the elders of Israel, they went to Pharaoh to let them go and they said to him the God of Israel said let my people go so that they can go to hold feast for three days in the wilderness. Then Pharaoh asked who is the Lord that he should obey him and that he will not let them go because he does not know the Lord. They told him He is the God of Hebrews and if he would not let them go to make sacrifice to him, he will send down destruction. Then pharaoh was angry because of the distraction caused by Moses request which has brought Israel idle, so he commanded that they increase their tasks and the task master should not fetch them straw to make bricks, but the Israelite should go fetch it themselves. It was because they were less busy they remember to go sacrifice to their God. Then the taskmaster told the children of Israel that the standard of job expected of them is still the same, while they go get their straw themselves. (Exodus 5:1-11)

Then the people scattered everywhere to look for straw, but they got something else instead of straw and they were beating to fulfill all works and required to meet up with those days they went out looking for straw. So the officer of the children of Israel went to Pharaoh to asked why he had decided to deal with them harshly and he said, because they were idle, if not they would not have thought of sacrificing to the God of Hebrews. Then they realized they were in evil case. While they were going out, they saw Moses and Aaron and they said to them that the Lord will judge them for the problem they had cause the children of Israel. Then Moses returned to the Lord and asked why he had sent him if he was going to cause more evil for the children of Israel? Since he went to Pharaoh to tell him to let the people go, he has done more evil to this people of Israel and the Lord has not deliver them. (Exodus 5:12-23)

Reflection

It’s a dreadful things to underestimate the children of God. Sometime, because God is slow to anger, we undermine the people of God. As children of God we should be careful to not disobey God at anytime. There is no doubt Pharaoh does not know God, but he has undermine the efficacy of God, by causing the children of Israel more pain and by increasing their tasks within the same allocated hour. "31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:31)

Sometime God will allow his children to suffer in the hands of unbeliever, its not that God can not deliver them immediately, but he would wait to prove that he is glorious and dreadful. He would most time allow his children to go through pain to teach our oppressor lesson, and those that might do the same in the future can learn from it. Also, he uses our suffering to shape us for future task. The children of Israel will soon be living in the wilderness, where sometime there might be delay of water, long trekking and some uncomfortable conditions. However, train them for the future experience, he made them to experience hardship in the hands of Pharaoh. Many times, God will do this to prepare us for future task."18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)

May God help us to be diligent to learn from our current lesson.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 7:20am On Feb 26, 2013
Moses questioned God

Exodus 6

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Pharaoh increase the Children of Israel task; Moses and Aaron appear to Pharaoh to let the children of Israel go, but Pharaoh refused. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Moses questioned God on why will Pharaoh listen to him if the children of Israel did not listen to him, and he also tell God he is a man with an uncircumcised lips who is he that Pharaoh to listen to him.

Today's Study

Then the Lord told Moses that he should watch what he would do to Pharaoh. With a strong hand he shall let the children of Israel go. God assured Moses that he is the Lord that appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by the name of God Almighty, but they do not know him as JEHOVAH. He assured Moses also that he has establish his covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan; he had heard also the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians kept in bondage and has remembered his covenant. So he asked Moses to tell the children of Israel that he is the Lord and he will bring them out of the burden of Egyptians to the land he swore to their father Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Moses was again sent to Pharaoh. (Exodus 6:1-11)

Then Moses said, if the children of Israel did not hear him, how would Pharaoh hear him an uncircumcised lips? Then God spoke unto Moses and Aaron to go to the head of the tribes: from the tribe of Reuben to Uzziel to tell them what God has said. Then Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadad, sister of Nassshon and had Nadab, Abihu, Eleazer and Ithamar and Korah sons are Assir, Elkananah and Abiasaph they are family of Korhites. Then Eleazar Aaron's son married one of Putiel daughters and she had Phinehas, they are the head of Levite according to the families. They were among the children of Israel to whom God said, will be leaving Egypt, then God told Moses to go tell Pharaoh all that he has told him, and Moses said to God how can Pharaoh listen to him, a stammerer? (Exodus 6:12-30)

Reflection

Children of God, it is imperative for us to understand that God is bigger than our problems and if he says he will solve them and it has not happen we should not undermine him. We should learn to have faith in his word, trust him and hope on him. God is not a man that he should lie, what he has promised he will do. When we are in doubt, let us trust God the more. The doubt and fear of Moses made him to tell God he is a stammerer. When fear set in, we will use lots of bad words to ridicules ourselves, sometime we could curse ourselves in the process."19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19)

There is no doubt Moses is even confused the more than before, especially when he saw that Pharaoh harden his heart and had increase the suffering of the children of Israel. Also he did not see God reacting immediately. Despite the fact that God told Moses about the future reaction of Pharaoh, in that he will harden Pharaoh's heart so that he does not let the people God, Moses was disturbed and worried. I am sure we all do the same, especially when we see God's child being punished for thing they should not be punished for, we will become worried. God sees and knows all things. He has the power to strike in emergency and he is the one that determine which case is emergency, to prove a point. "3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt."(Exodus 7:3)

May God help us to be bold in the midst of adversities knowing that what God has said, he will do
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:23am On Feb 27, 2013
Moses rod became serpent

Exodus 7

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Moses questioned God on why will Pharaoh listen to him if the children of Israel did not listen to him, and he also tell God he is a man with an uncircumcised lips who is he that Pharaoh to listen to him. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Moses rod became serpent, Moses rod swallowed the magician’s rods, and Aaron strike the water and it became blood.

Today’s Study

Then God spoke to Moses that he has been made god over Pharaoh and Aaron his brother will be his prophet. And God commanded him to go to Pharaoh and command Aaron to cast his stick before Pharaoh and it shall become serpent. At this time Moses was 80 and Aaron was 83 when they went to Pharaoh. Then God sent Moses and Aaron to go to Pharaoh and tell him he should let his people go. But God told Moses that he will harden his heart and he promised Moses that he will bring out the children of Israel with great judgment on Egypt and with mighty signs and wonder (Exodus 7:1-10)

Then Moses and Aaron went before Pharaoh and showed him the signs and Pharaoh magicians did the same, but Moses rod swallowed the rods of the magicians and Pharaoh hardens his heart. Then the Lord said to Moses to go meet pharaoh by the water the next day and when he gets there he should tell him to let his people go and he should command Aaron to strike the river and it will turn to red blood and all the fishes will die. He should extend it to all rivers and waters and pharaoh magicians did the same thing with their enchantment and pharaohs heart was harden (Exodus 7:11-25)

Reflection

Sometime when we are in charge, we also get frightened. Moses was in charge but was still afraid until God showed him that he has made him God over Pharaoh. In our most frightening situation, we should know that God has given us authority over every challenge. As children of God we should see God through the prism of our faith not our worries. Moses is not only seeing God in all his problems, but his now god to Pharaoh. Children of God are god to their problems“19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you”(Luke 10:19)

God can bring out the best in us. In our previous lesson we learned that one of Moses objections to do God’s assignment was that he was stammerer. We all face such physical challenges and most time its artificial challenges that we see as barriers to do God’s will. For instant we cannot preach the gospel because we cannot speak English or we cannot do something because we do not have money; when God is in charge we need not worry. When God’s factor is in place, he will make an illiterate to teach a PhD holder, he will make a blind to lead the seeing and make a stammerer to be his voice in the presence of thousands of fluent speakers. God could have replaced Moses with Aaron, but he is God who can refine a raw product to a finished economical goods.“8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifted up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.” (1 Samuel 2:cool

May God make us finished goods for his work

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:22am On Feb 28, 2013
God hardened Pharaoh’s Heart

Exodus 8

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Moses rod became serpent, Moses rod swallowed the magician’s rods, and Aaron strike the water and it became blood. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God hardened Pharaoh’s Heart, Pharaoh begged Moses to beg God to take away the frogs, flies and lice and God listened

Today’s Study

Then God commanded Moses to Pharaoh to let his people go that they may serve him and if he refuses he will strike all the borders with frogs and the rivers shall bring out frog abundantly and there shall be frogs on the bed, his servants house and the frog shall come on him too. Then Moses commanded Aaron as God told him and everywhere was full of frog and Pharaoh called the magicians and they did the same and pharaoh called Moses to beg Go for him to take away the frog and he will let the people go. But Moses told Pharaoh that the frog will depart from his house and his servant house, but it will remain in the rivers (Exodus 8:1-10)

Then Moses cried to the lord to take away the frogs and God heard him, but Pharaoh harden his heart and would not let the people go. Then God command Aaron through Moses to strike the dust of the land to produce lice throughout the land of Egypt and there were lice. Then Pharaoh magicians tried but failed to produce lice, and they told Pharaoh it’s the hand of God, but Pharaoh hardens his heart as the Lord said. (Exodus 8:11-19)

Then God told Moses to go meet pharaoh the next morning and tell him to let his people go and if he refuses, there will be swarm of flies in Egypt and there was flies everywhere except Goshen were the children of Israel lived. Then Pharaoh called Moses to beg God for him and he will let them God worship the lord anywhere in the land, but Moses refuse that they can not do their sacrifice in Egypt; rather he should allow them three days journey into the wilderness. Then Pharaoh agreed to let them go, but they should not go too far and he asked Moses to beg God for him to take away the flies. But Moses warm pharaoh not to renege on his promise if he prays to God this time. Then Moses went to God and begged him that he should take away the swarm flies, and God took it away, but Pharaoh harden his heart and would not let the children of Israel go (Exodus 8:20-32)

Reflection

We should by now be wondering why God is taking his time to deal decisively with Pharaoh. As human having the authority of God, we would have said, Pharaoh was playing with our intelligence or taking us for granted. We would have stormed him with our military might or anything of equivalent. But God was in charge.

God has one million ways to solving a single problem. It would not cause God anything to just kill Pharaoh or appear to him in his dream and tell him he was a dead man, like he did to Abimelech in Genesis 20; but God will always prove to us he is always in charge. It’s very unlikely that you see God repeating the same miracle in the same way. He does solve people’s similar problem individually in different ways.

The current situation if critically looked at teaches us three lessons to consider. First, the situation is preparing Moses, to see that God has deposited a rear talent in him. The challenges and Moses encounter with Pharaoh It’s making a stammerer Moses to start seeing that with God there is no limitation to whatever assignment God has given him. Its also providing rear opportunity for Aaron

The encounter also gives Pharaoh’s an opportunity to repent or show how big God is in the eyes of other nations that the Israel God is dreadful, should Pharaoh fail to repent.

Lastly this suffering of the children of Israel is an opportunity for them to be trained for future challenges. The 40 years journey in the wilderness will require lots of heartsick and physical challenges. “13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”(1 Corinthians 10:13)

As children of God we should see opportunities in our challenges and use them to train ourselves for the future.” 10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.”(Job 23:10)

May God help us to follow God’s directions
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 3:27am On Mar 01, 2013
Pharaoh was raised for destruction

Exodus 9

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God hardened Pharaoh’s Heart, Pharaoh begged Moses to beg God to take away the frogs, flies and lice and God listened. In today's lesson we will be learning about how Pharaoh was raised for destruction and to show the power of God through him, The Egyptians magicians could not stand before Moses and Moses begged God for Pharaoh.

Today’s Study

Then the Lord said to Moses again return to Pharaoh to let his people go. And if he refused, the lord will strike the cattle of Egypt and tomorrow the Lord will do this. The next day, the cattle of the Egyptians died and when Pharaoh finds out that the cattle of the children of Israel did not die, his heart was hardened and did not let the people go. Then the Lord told Moses to take handfuls of ashes of the furnace and sprinkle it toward heaven in the sight of Pharaoh and it will become small dust in all the land of Egypt and it will be a boil with blains upon man and beast on the land of Egypt and they did so. (Exodus 9:1-10)

The boil was on all Egyptians and the Magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boil. Then the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he did not listen to Moses and Aaron. Then the Lord instruct Moses to go early in the morning to Pharaoh to let his people go to serve him because he will send all the plagues and he will know that he is God and non like him on earth. Then the Lord said, for this purpose he raises him up to show in him his power that his name may be declared throughout the earth. But if he refused to let his people God, there will be serious rain of hail like never before in Egypt and whoever loves his cattle should take the cattle inside the house. (Exodus 9:11-20)

Then God ask Moses to stretch out his rod toward heaven and the Lord send thunder and hail and fire run through the ground and the hail strike vehemently that all man, beast and plantation died in Egypt and not in Goshen where the children of Israel lives. Then Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron that he had sinned and that the lord is righteous but he and his people are wicket. Then he asked Moses to beg God for him and he will let them go, because the hail is too much. Then Moses said, he will beg God for him, but he knows he would not fear the lord. (Exodus 9:21-30)

Then Moses spread his hands to heaven and the thunder hail stopped and the rain stop and when Pharaoh saw that the plagues have stopped he harden his heart the more and he would not let the people go as the Lord told Moses. (Exodus 9:31-35)

Reflection

There is no doubt that Pharaoh is raised for destruction and that the almighty God can show his power through him so that the earth may know he is God. When God want to avenge for us the year that the enemy has suffered us, he takes his time to deal with them. He is never in rush, just as our enemy was never in rush to deal with us ruthlessly. He pays them back in their own coin and would make them pay even harder and harsher than they had dealt with us. That’s why, even when we can revenge, we should let God fight for us. “7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?” (Luke 18:7)

There is no doubt Moses is now getting comfortable and he could tell it to Pharaoh’s face that he is sure that he will not surrender to God’s plan yet; however he was going to beg God for him. When we walk with God enough, as Christians there are some confidences we must start exhibiting. We will be able to stand tall in the front of our enemy and say it to their face, I know you will not repent, but my God will deal with you decisively. It takes some level of communication with God. It takes some levels of prayers and total surrender to the almighty God.” 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”(Luke 10:19)

May God help us to listen to his warning before destruction
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by channel190(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Am happy my absence wouldn't change this program.

Pls. Exam mode is activated, am going to miss ye all and of course this study.

When I came back I will continue from where I stopped.
Pls if I'm the only student then let give it a break, am sorry.

But if I'm not, go on, I will start from here when am back. Thanks.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Pharaoh warns Moses that he will die the next time he sees him

Exodus 10

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Pharaoh was raised for destruction and God is to show his power through him; the Egyptians magicians could not stand before Moses and Moses begged God for Pharaoh. In today's lesson we will be learning about how
Pharaoh warn Moses that he will die the next time he sees him; darkness in Egypt for 3 days and Pharaoh would not let the children of Israel to go.

Today’s Study

Then God told Moses to go to Pharaoh because he has hardened his heart and his servant hearts so that Moses can tell his sons and his grand and great grand children the signs he will perform in Egypt that they may Know he is the Lord. Then Moses went to Pharaoh and said to him, if he refused to let God’s people go, he will send locust to the coast and cover everywhere and it shall fill their house and he left Pharaoh. Buts Pharaoh servants asked how long will this people trouble them, let them go, do we not know that Egypt is destroyed? Then he asked Moses to go only with the men and they should leave their wives, children and what they have behind. (Exodus 10:1-10)

Then the servants drove Moses and Aaron out of Pharaoh’s face. Then God commanded that Moses should stretch out his hand and the Lord sent an east wind throughout the day and night and in the morning the east wind brought locusts. When the locust covered everywhere, Pharaoh sent for Aaron and Moses in haste to pray for forgiveness for him and that he had sinned and he begged God for Pharaoh and the lord send a mighty strong west wind and it drove off the locusts and cast them in the red sea, but the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart the more and he would not listen. (Exodus 10:11-20)

Then the Lord instruct Moses to stretch out his hand so that there may be darkness on the land of Egypt and there was darkness for three days and they could not see each other nor stand up to go from one place to another because it was too dark, but there was light in Goshen. Then Pharaoh called Moses and told him he could go with the children of Israel to serve the Lord, but not with their cattle, but Moses said they will need them for sacrifice and nothing of their property will stay in Egypt. Then the lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he was angry and would not let them go and he told Moses, to get out from his face, and he warned him that the day, he sees Moses face to face, he shall die. Then Moses said he has spoken well and he will not see his face no more. (Exodus 10:21-29)

Reflection

Sometime when the enemy is loosing, he scream and threaten the more. Its one of the tactics the devil uses against the children of God to scare them and it takes those who are upright with God, to stand firm. Pharaoh at this time knew his days are numbered and he prophesied doom for himself. Moses was not afraid when Pharaoh threatened, as a matter of fact, Moses was bold and confident and perhaps the best thing that ever happen to him. He can use the threat against Pharaoh in the presence of God as the reason why God should not wait anymore to destroy Pharaoh.” 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” (Joshua 1: 9)

As children of God, we should not compromise with the devil. We should learn to use the words of our enemy as the point of contact before God. We should use their threat as reference to request an instant judgment on them. We learned about Hezekiah who tender a threatening letter written by his enemy before God in the temple and prayed on it and God responded to his prayer decisively. “14 And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.” (Isaiah 37:14)

May God give us wisdom needed to fight our struggles.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 2:20am On Mar 03, 2013
The Israelite borrowed Egyptians Jewels

Exodus 11

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how Pharaoh warned Moses that he will die the next time he sees him, the darkness in Egypt for 3 days and Pharaoh would not let the children of Israel to go. In today's lesson we will be learning about how The Israelites borrowed Egyptians Jewels, God promised Moses that Pharaoh will let them go after the last plague and that he will kill every first child of Egyptians.

Today’s Study

Then the Lord told Moses that he will bring one more plague to Egypt and then Pharaoh will let him go. And the Lord instruct Moses to tell the children of Israel to go borrow jewels of gold and silver from Egyptians and the lord gave the children of Israel favor in the sight of Egyptians. Then Moses told the people that the Lord will pass through the land of Egypt and all the firstborn of every living thing shall die, including beast and there shall be great cry throughout the land of Egypt. But the children of Israel will not experience the plague.
And when the Lord strike with the plague, Pharaoh and his servants will let them all to go. Then God told Moses that Pharaoh would not listen to him because he will harden his heart and Moses performs the wonders. (Exodus 11:1-10)

Refection

It pleases God the most if a wicked repent his deed. God is faithful to forgive us if we forsake our sin. Pharaoh had so many opportunities to repent, like many of us today, we have so much opportunity to repent and stop our rebellious against God, but many times, we don’t until God designate us for destruction. “23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?” (Ezekiel 18:23)

As Christians we should be very careful about being stubborn, rather we should totally surrender to God and tell him to forgive us. God must have now been tired of Pharaoh himself to suggest that he need to only strike the last time and them Pharaoh will let the children of Israel go.” 9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.” (Proverbs 28:9)

May God help us to yield to God when opportunity comes knocking.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by ecolime(m): 5:20am On Mar 03, 2013
Is it that Pharaoh was just being stubborn or it's God that was only hardnening his heart to proove his power before the world?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 5:50am On Mar 03, 2013
ecolime: Is it that Pharaoh was just being stubborn or it's God that was only hardnening his heart to proove his power before the world?

We can prove it either way. God created man in his image and gave man free will. God knew from the beginning that Pharaoh is a hard man that will harden his heart if Israel seek for freedom. Remember, Pharaoh could have demanded that the Israelite leave the country, but he chose to enslave them. However, God can change him, but because he was a hard man with bad mind, he has been slated for destruction by God. Just as the way Jesus knew that Judas Iscariot was going to betray him: Jesus could have prayed for him to repent, but Judas was also a deceptive and cunning man, so he was also designed to carry out the job of betraying Jesus.

God knows our end point. He could force change on us from being bad person to good person and sometime he could ignore us and just let us carry our bad behavior until we are destroyed if we fail to reason. Look at Paul the Apostle, he was a bad man with a good heart. But because Jesus knew he was over zealous in vain due to lack of knowledge God gave him chance to repent when he was cornered and became blind for 3 days. Jonah is another biblical character that God also gave second chance because they have done what they did in-deliberately or with the passion for the love of God.

Let us pray that God gives us heart that repent and willing to be corrected.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by ecolime(m): 6:51am On Mar 03, 2013
Amen. Thanks for enlightening me.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 11:36am On Mar 03, 2013
ecolime: Amen. Thanks for enlightening me.

You are always welcome and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 12:31am On Mar 04, 2013
God killed every First Child of Egypt

Exodus 12

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how the Israelite borrowed Egyptians Jewels, God promised Moses that Pharaoh will let them go after the last plague and that he will kill every first child of Egyptians. In today's lesson we will be learning about how God killed every First Child of Egypt, Pharaoh let God’s people go and the children of Israel will forever observed the Passover.

Today’s Study

When it was time, the lord told Moses and Aaron that the month should be the first month of the year. They shall congregate the people of Israel in the tenth day of the month and they should designate a lamb to every house. If the household is little they should join with other little household. There lamb should be clean and it must be a male lamb of a year old and they shall take one each from sheep and goats and they should keep it till the fourteenth day of the same month. The assembly of Israel should kill them in the evening according to their household. Then they should take the blood and paint the two-side post of the upper door posy of the houses, they should eat the roast meat that night but not raw. They are to finish all the meat that it remain no leftover in the morning and if there is any remain, it should be burnt with fire (Exodus 12:1-10)

And they should eat and do this in the Lord’s Passover, because the Lord will pass through the land of Egypt this night and smite all the first born in the land of Egypt both man and beast. He will judge them against all the gods of Egypt. The blood at the sign doorpost shall be a symbol and when he sees the blood he would Passover them and they shall not be destroyed like the Egyptians. The Passover day should be a memorial and it shall be a custom from generation to Generation as ordnance forever. There shall be holy convocation and they shall eat unleavened bread seven days. Then God gave them commandment in preparation for the day they will leave Egypt. (Exodus 12:11-20)

Then the Lord told them to make preparation for the provision for the Passover as he commanded them. God would pass through the land that night and first child from Pharaoh to the least in Egypt died and there was great cry through the cities. When Pharaoh saw what had happened, he called Moses and Aaron and asked them to leave the land of Egypt with all their people. The children of Israel were 600,000 on foots besides women and they went out of Egypt with their borrowed jewels and all that they had (Exodus 12:21-40)

For about 430 years since Joseph the children of Israel lived in Egypt. The night of departure was observed and the lord commanded that no man should eat out of the ordinance except the person is circumcised and the congregation of Israel shall observed it. And the children of Israel did as Moses commanded them and the lord brought out the children of Israel by their great armies. (Exodus 12:41-51)

Reflection

It is evident that only God can decide the fate of our challenges. However, if we pray, we can change the hands of God as we have seen in our previous chapters that at anytime that Moses raises his hands up, God listen to him. God is faithful, he extends such wonderful opportunity of repentance to us like he did for Pharaoh, but he would not listen. “25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:”(Hebrews 12:25)

As children of God, God has the best way of separating us from danger. When God has planned to destroy every first living child of the Egyptians including first child of every beast, he made the children of Israel to put a sign on the post of their door roofs. This was a symbol that God saw and every house with this symbol is exempted from destruction. “6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.” (Psalms 91:6)

As children of God, we should follow God’s protective instruction so that we will be covered when the destructive angel is passing over. May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2013
yeah same principle applies in this present day and age.. we have theb gift of the Holy Spirit who guides and instruct us as believers..Christian should learn to exercise the GIFT...most people have met their untimely death by not listening to that still small voice...thanks bro for that insightful message.

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2013
yeah same principle applies in this present day and age.. we have the gift of the Holy Spirit who guides and instruct us as believers..Christian should learn to exercise the GIFT...most people have met their untimely death by not listening to that still small voice...thanks bro for that insightful message.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Omosivie1(f): 7:43am On Jun 09, 2013
Obalola!!!!! Where are you na?
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omosivie,:
Obalola!!!!! Where are you na?

Wow thanks for remembering me.. It appears you are the only one that cares about this bible study..
May God bless you.. I had to stop cos i got engaged with somethings. I will continue and take break when neccessary
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Israelites left Egypt

Exodus 13

Introduction- In our last lesson we learned about how God killed every First Child of Egypt, Pharaoh let go of God’s people and the children of Israel will forever observed the Passover.

In today's lesson we will be learning about how Israelites left Egypt, the dedication of their first child, God becomes the Pillar of cloud and fire for their journey and Moses took Joseph bones as they leave Egypt.

Today’s Study

After the children of Israel left Egypt the Lord told Moses to sanctified all the firstborn of man and beast to the Lord. The month the children went out was the month of Abib and he told them not to eat the leaven bread. And he assure them that the Lord will take them to the land of Canaanite, Hittites, Amorite, Hivites, and Jebusites which were promised to their fathers. And they shall eat unleavened bread for seven days and it shall be a feast to the Lord. And it shall be a custom every year that they should show their children because God took them out of the land of Egypt.(Exodus 13:1-10)

Moses then instruct them on the importance of dedicating their firstborn to the Lord and it shall be a sign they should show their children as a symbol of when God brought them out of Egypt. When Pharaoh let them go, the Lord did not let them go through the land of the Philistine that is shorter, because the people can return to Egypt when they see war, but they were led to pass through the wilderness of the Red Sea. Then Moses took the bone of Joseph with him and they left from Succoth to Etham in the edge of the wilderness and the Lord went during the day in form of a pillar of cloud and at night Pillar of fire to give them light in the day and night and the lights he did not take away from them. .(Exodus 13:11-22)

Reflection

Sometime God can take us through a long route to get to a very short or close destination.

This process is needed most of the time, because it helps us to get experience and skills needed. God can make things happen in a minute, but he is the God of time and processes. He could have shorten the journey of 400 years to 40 days if it was through the land, but God was designing a perfect nation and people for himself. Many times God do this to us too. As Christian, sometime poverty will set in, sickness will craw in, bareness may come in and all types of needs. This need or state of hopelessness is a long route to our success, but like will know if God send you, he will lead you. “9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.” (Zechariah 13:9)

The children of Israel are experiencing the same thing. Instead of them to pass through the land and pass over the land of the Philistine, God took them far away to no man’s territory through the wilderness and now through red sea. God customized pillar of cloud for the day and pillar of light for the night to lead and guide them. When we pray in our need, he will suppress it to the barest minimum and gives us hope for the day and victory for the night. Its never

a time to loose hope, but a moment to trust God to lead our destiny by telling him to take our life so we can live, our hands so we can work and our mouth so we can talk and we consecrate them all to him.” 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”(Psalms 139:23-24)

May God help us to follow his lead and plan for our lives.

1 Like

Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Amen my bro..welcome back after a long break.Please can you explain this scripture in line with the new covenant as regards to the last post?

Hebrews Chapter 3

1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses [was faithful] in all his house.

3 For this [man] was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

4 For every house is builded by some [man]; but he that built all things [is] God.

5 And Moses verily [was] faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? [was it] not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Re: Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God by obalola7: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
Bidam: Amen my bro..welcome back after a long break.Please can you explain this scripture in line with the new covenant as regards to the last post?

Hebrews Chapter 3

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways.

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Thank you Bidam and God bless you richly.

The Hebrews Chapter 3 is a summary of the entire processes of the exodus of Israelite focusing mostly on Moses and doing a comparing analysis of Moses and Jesus. Just like you and I know that Moses was called unto by God from a burning fire to come lead the Israelites to the promise land. Jesus was also called unto to come deliver the sinners from the wearing world of sin into a promise land which is heavenly.

The verse 10 of Hebrew chapter 3 “10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.” Is a summary of what happened to the entire Israelites that left Egypt. None of the Israelites that left Egypt enter Canaan Land also known as the promise land. They all died on their way, even Moses and Aaron could not get there; however, their children who were born during the years of their journey to the promise land entered the promise land. Some of their children were Joshua and Caleb.

Just as your highlighted verse 16th, says” 16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.”As we continue, you will see how these happens, some of them were swallowed by earthquake when they challenged Moses authority, some bitten by serpent and some killed when they did not believe God for their next meal, even when God warn them to stop murmuring, and not to serve other God, they heard him but still disobey God and God was viciously angry.

You see that verse 11, “11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)” When they made God to be so much angry, he made the statement. At another time, God wanted to destroy the entire children of Isreal and replace them with the children of Moses, but Moses prayed and pray for forgiveness for them. Exodus 32: 10 ” 10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.”

Finally, the verse “19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.” Was referring to entire generation of Moses that they did not enter the Canaan land also known as promise land because they did not belief. If you believe in God you will not disobey him. If we all believe in the power of Jesus resurrection and the hope of heaven, there will not be any reason to disobey God, through unbelief, sin, or any form or disobedience.

If you read further the book of Hebrews, especially chapter 11:14-16
“14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
Here it talks about the patriarch of faith. This was what God was expecting from the children of Israel; however, at any time the children of Israel were hungry they desire to go back to Egypt, but the patriarch of faith were desiring a better country which is heaven as we all should be desiring today.

May God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / Observing Good Friday Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.