Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues (2868 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Journey Of Soul / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
pastormustwacc:

@op, i originally did not wish to comment on this thread, but i have a strong feeling that you completely believe these things you post. I have limited knowlege of astral sciences, but i am curious because something tells me that you truly believe many of these things you claim with all your heart, and i am very curious as to why:

So please answer the following questions:
- How does one measure the size of God, to tell if there is something bigger.
- Have you ever visited the astral plane?
- Do you have any paranormal abilities such as psychic abilities,
- What is your religious belief?
- How sure are you that your sources of information are correct?

-You cant measure the size of something you are a part of. It is inconceivable the measure the totality of all energy that there is in all multiverses.
-Yes, its the next plane of existence after the physical realm
-Yes the abilities were not inherited, It is a common practice and you can do it, no candles, no incense, nothing, but focus and clearing your mind of all thoughts and meditating on anything. The key is to keep the mind blank.
-I am a Christian, was born a Christian, baptized, ordained an elder but I needed to know the meaning of life and where I will go after I die.
-My sources are correct and I am yet to find someone who can dispute them cos I have search through blogs and read scientific journals, advance physics, astrology, astronomy, cosmotology and all what I experience are always in consonance with my experiences. The only complications I had was that I never knew what God was until recently, I was atheist for years and all my close friends till now still believe am atheist, but I can only say that what we call God is bigger than we ascribe him. GOD as I call it, is mind bugling, we cant even talk about it, the spirit of all and the power of one, and the goodnews is we are one with GOD. We are a part of IT.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: ^^^ you quoted the wrong post. i am not the @OP
^^^^^I was going to comment that i found your comment interesting. And yes, i did not direct the question at you, that is why i said op. So billionare, pls answer my questions.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 3:58am On Dec 31, 2012
Affiliated:
I don't mean to digress but please can you tell me the particular point in the sea water can be found? Emphasis on particular
Once you tell me the exact location and dimensions of the sea in question, then I'll tell you the exact location of the water that fills it
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 10:36am On Dec 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Once you tell me the exact location and dimensions of the sea in question, then I'll tell you the exact location of the water that fills it

Let's for argument sake assume this sea to be the pacific ocean and let's further assume that for the purpose of this argument, the pacific ocean doesn't have any dimension and its location stretches on to infinity. The sea is all there is. So from the point of view of a fish in the pacific ocean, what particular point in the sea can water be found?

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2012
^Good analogy! To the fish, water will be everywhere and nowhere in particular!
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2012
doubleDx: ^Good analogy! To the fish, water will be everywhere and nowhere in particular!

Thank you. I'm expecting Mr_Anony to come and ignore the question and ask me something twisted again. I don't understand why its such a hard concept to grasp. From our point of view, Its like asking what particular point can air be found
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2012
Affiliated:

Let's for argument sake assume this sea to be the pacific ocean and let's further assume that for the purpose of this argument, the pacific ocean doesn't have any dimension and its location stretches on to infinity. The sea is all there is. So from the point of view of a fish in the pacific ocean, what particular point in the sea can water be found?
Everywhere.
You can't say that something is everywhere and then ask where it is in particular. That is a question born out of poor logic because it cannot be unlimited and yet limited to a point at the same time

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Everywhere.
You can't say that something is everywhere and then ask where it is in particular. That is a question born out of poor logic because it cannot be unlimited and yet limited to a point at the same time

Exactly. That's the answer I was looking for.

1. Everywhere
2. You can't say that something is everywhere and then ask where it is in particular.
3. It cannot be unlimited and yet limited to a point at the same time.

[I take this to mean something that is everywhere can't be limited to a particular place and is nowhere in particular. This is what was being said about God that you kept on arguing about. I rest my case]

3 Likes

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2012
Affiliated:

1. Everywhere
2. It cannot be unlimited and yet limited to a point at the same time.
3. You can't say that something is everywhere and then ask where it is in particular.

[I take this to mean something that is everywhere can't be limited to a particular place and is nowhere in particular. This is what was being said about God that you kept on arguing about. I rest my case]

Pecfect mon ami!!!
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
Peeping....
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Everywhere.
lol my friend if it cannot be limited to a particular place then it is nowhere in particular... Because it is everywhere, unlimited, infinite, limitless....

So if she/he/it is NO-WHERE in particular because she is boundless then where is she? NOW- HERE.. The present, the now, the eternal now, here where you are is where God is...where and wherever you are is the center of the universe.. she is right there...God is not separate or outside of you...

Your answer implies that if he is everywhere then he is nowhere in particular without you even realizing it but since you are clouded in your so called logic, you fail to see that... Didn't take long for @Affiliate to get it and now he is pinning you down with it.. it is really not that difficult..

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by hypenation: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
Great thread
subscribing...
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
Affiliated:

1. Everywhere
2. You can't say that something is everywhere and then ask where it is in particular.
3. It cannot be unlimited and yet limited to a point at the same time.

Lol, all you have succeeded in doing was an exercise in semantics. You agree that it is illogical to ask where in particular and yet you want to magically turn it into nowhere. (I hope not)
Anyway I'll grant you your 'victory' but just realize that "everywhere is nowhere in particular" is at best a manner of speech and is not in anyway similar in meaning to "everywhere = nowhere"
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: lol my friend if it cannot be limited to a particular place then it is nowhere in particular... Because it is everywhere, unlimited, infinite, limitless....
This is as bad as saying that because numbers are limited and since we can't know the highest and lowest possible number, therefore there are no particular numbers. False

So if she/he/it is NO-WHERE in particular because she is boundless then where is she? NOW- HERE.. The present, the now, the eternal now, here where you are is where God is...where and wherever you are is the center of the universe.. she is right there...God is not separate or outside of you...
Water is in and around the fish but the fish is not water and water is not the fish.

Your answer implies that if he is everywhere then he is nowhere in particular without you even realizing it but since you are clouded in your so called logic, you fail to see that... Didn't take long for @Affiliate to get it and now he is pinning you down with it.. it is really not that difficult..
Uhm not really...........all your buddy has done is play semantics
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, all you have succeeded in doing was an exercise in semantics. You agree that it is illogical to ask where in particular and yet you want to magically turn it into nowhere. (I hope not)
Anyway I'll grant you your 'victory' but just realize that "everywhere is nowhere in particular" is at best a manner of speech and is not in anyway similar in meaning to "everywhere = nowhere"

*Dancing Azonto because I've been granted victory*

Lol. Just kidding I wasn't looking for victory. I was just trying to pass a point across. Anyway somewhere along the argument it got mixed up and changed from "everywhere = nowhere in particular" to "everywhere = nowhere".
The initial point which I supported was
1. Everything = Nowhere in particular.
2. There's really no such thing as nowhere. God is all there is and there is nothing outside of God. Where we would classify as nowhere still has God in it and therefore has a location even if its one we can't classify or understand.
God is infinite and all there is or all there is possible of being.
So God is "everywhere or everything" and "nowhere in particular or nothing in particular". That's because you can't classify God as something. That's the beginning of error

2 Likes

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 3:42am On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated:

*Dancing Azonto because I've been granted victory*

Lol. Just kidding I wasn't looking for victory. I was just trying to pass a point across. Anyway somewhere along the argument it got mixed up and changed from "everywhere = nowhere in particular" to "everywhere = nowhere".
The initial point which I supported was
1. Everything = Nowhere in particular.
Lol, I believe you mean to say that "everywhere=nowhere in particular"

2. There's really no such thing as nowhere. God is all there is and there is nothing outside of God. Where we would classify as nowhere still has God in it and therefore has a location even if its one we can't classify or understand.
God is infinite and all there is or all there is possible of being.
So God is "everywhere or everything" and "nowhere in particular or nothing in particular". That's because you can't classify God as something. That's the beginning of error
You are making another bad jump again......God is everywhere is not the same as God is everything. Don't try to equate the two to each other.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I believe you mean to say that "everywhere=nowhere in particular"

You are making another bad jump again......God is everywhere is not the same as God is everything. Don't try to equate the two to each other.

1. Yes thank you for the correction.
2. I know everywhere is not the same as everything and that's why i put both everywhere and everything. I believe God is both everywhere and everything. It only makes sense that way.

To expatiate on the above, If there was only God at the beginning of time and nothing else, with what materials did God use to create everything that exists? The only possibility is that God created everything with Itself ergo everything is God.

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated:

1. Yes thank you for the correction.
2. I know everywhere is not the same as everything and that's why i put both everywhere and everything. I believe God is both everywhere and everything. It only makes sense that way.

To expatiate on the above, If there was only God at the beginning of time and nothing else, with what materials did God use to create everything that exists? The only possibility is that God created everything with Itself ergo everything is God.
I am afraid you are wrong here: Creating something out of yourself does not mean that that thing is you. For instance when you imagine a story and tell it, the story emanated from you but the story is distinct from you even though it came from you. The story is not you and you are not the story. God is distinct from His creation.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I am afraid you are wrong here: Creating something out of yourself does not mean that that thing is you. For instance when you imagine a story and tell it, the story emanated from you but the story is distinct from you even though it came from you. The story is not you and you are not the story. God is distinct from His creation.

Using story is a bad analogy because stories don't have physical properties. If for instance I cut off my arm and gave it a part of my consciousness or mind isn't that arm still me?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated:

Using story is a bad analogy because stories don't have physical properties. If for instance I cut off my arm and gave it a part of my consciousness or mind isn't that arm still me?
God by nature is not a physical entity yet physical entities were made by him in the same way I see nothing amiss with a physical entity creating a non-physical entity as in the case of you and your story.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
God by nature is not a physical entity yet physical entities were made by him in the same way I see nothing amiss with a physical entity creating a non-physical entity as in the case of you and your story.

Well I believe God to be the smallest indivisible thing from which all things are made up of. Both physical and non physical. To the best of my knowledge for now I'll call God energy. If I or any other thing is broken down to its most basic subatomic particle It'll also be energy [String theory]. Following that logic, Everything is made from and of God and God is everything
I refuse to believe in a God that is smaller than everything. That being isn't infinite and can't be God
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Dipwater(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
pastormustwacc: Santa maria! estos amigo es muy muy interesante. . .

Interpretation: santa maria(santa claus sister) dash me moi moi interesting or interesting moi moi

U think say we no sabi spanish abi?

@ billy I dey feel u like my babe yan/ch ,fire on brotha ,ur lecture make sense
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Dipwater:

Interpretation: santa maria(santa claus sister) dash me moi moi interesting or interesting moi moi

U think say we no sabi spanish abi?

@ billy I dey feel u like my babe yan/ch ,fire on brotha ,ur lecture make sense
Stop talkin rubbish, i meant: st mary! this friend of ours is a very interesting one (to put it in a bambastic way)

Billyonaire:
-You cant measure the size of something you are a part of. It is inconceivable the measure the totality of all energy that there is in all multiverses.
-Yes, its the next plane of existence after the physical realm
-Yes the abilities were not inherited, It is a common practice and you can do it, no candles, no incense, nothing, but focus and clearing your mind of all thoughts and meditating on anything. The key is to keep the mind blank.
-I am a Christian, was born a Christian, baptized, ordained an elder but I needed to know the meaning of life and where I will go after I die.
-My sources are correct and I am yet to find someone who can dispute them cos I have search through blogs and read scientific journals, advance physics, astrology, astronomy, cosmotology and all what I experience are always in consonance with my experiences. The only complications I had was that I never knew what God was until recently, I was atheist for years and all my close friends till now still believe am atheist, but I can only say that what we call God is bigger than we ascribe him. GOD as I call it, is mind bugling, we cant even talk about it, the spirit of all and the power of one, and the goodnews is we are one with GOD. We are a part of IT.
Thanks for your reply. Do you understand what it means to be psychic? I know that all humans that have souls (not all humans by the way), have the potential to be psychic in nature. But there are some sets of people who are termed psychics (for good reasons too).
This is what i meant by paranormal, but i suspect you catch on. You described the psychic centering technique earlier as a way to enter the astral plane?

So back to my question, what do you understand by being a psychic - are psychics born with the gift or preselected or anyone can learn to be a psychic by studying the techniques?
By psychics, i am talking of ESPs and precognitive abilities here. And if so, can all psychics/anyone just open the portal into the astral realm at will by using the prescribed techniques?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 03, 2013
pastormustwacc:
Stop talkin rubbish, i meant: st mary! this friend of ours is a very interesting one (to put it in a bambastic way)

Thanks for your reply. Do you understand what it means to be psychic? I know that all humans that have souls (not all humans by the way), have the potential to be psychic in nature. But there are some sets of people who are termed psychics (for good reasons too).
This is what i meant by paranormal, but i suspect you catch on. You described the psychic centering technique earlier as a way to enter the astral plane?

So back to my question, what do you understand by being a psychic - are psychics born with the gift or preselected or anyone can learn to be a psychic by studying the techniques?
By psychics, i am talking of ESPs and precognitive abilities here. And if so, can all psychics/anyone just open the portal into the astral realm at will by using the prescribed techniques?
All humans are psychic, cos we all are souls taking up physical form to learn new tricks on Earth. We are the aliens on Earth and the UFOs are the Reality back home who come to check on us. We are just here so psychic abilities are what enables us trace our way back home. Thank you.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 3:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Affiliated:

Well I believe God to be the smallest indivisible thing from which all things are made up of. Both physical and non physical. To the best of my knowledge for now I'll call God energy. If I or any other thing is broken down to its most basic subatomic particle It'll also be energy [String theory]. Following that logic, Everything is made from and of God and God is everything
I refuse to believe in a God that is smaller than everything. That being isn't infinite and can't be God
Well my friend, all you have really succeeded in doing is reducing God to nothing. You have just worked out a way to call God everything but by doing this, God cannot be more powerful or more knowledgeable than anyone because essentially, we would all be God and therefore to say that God is more powerful than anything would be to say that God is more powerful than God which is logical nonsense. Likewise cannot be distinct from anything or have any characteristics that will help us identify Him as God.

Also if we call God energy, God cannot then be infinite because energy is directly proportional to the amount of matter in existence and matter is not infinite.

I think you should really go back and ponder on the question "Who is God?"

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 3:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Billyonaire: All humans are psychic, cos we all are souls taking up physical form to learn new tricks on Earth. We are the aliens on Earth and the UFOs are the Reality back home who come to check on us. We are just here so psychic abilities are what enables us trace our way back home. Thank you.
dont take this the wrong way but everything you said is "false" or should i say not entirely true except your comments about psychics..

1. you are absolutely correct that all humans are psychic..becuase there is not a persson that does not have a psychic ability, there are only people or those that do not use it.
2. but you are not here to learn new tricks. there is nothing to learn. your soul knows all things..there is only to re-member. remember who you are. you are here to experience physicality and evolve which some of you have done a number of times through numerous life cycles and incarnations.. This is not the first time you have been here..

3. i dont know what you really mean by we are aliens and the UFOs are the reality back home, so you can explicate more on it and we can discuss it. BUT taken literally we are not aliens and the UFOs are not reality back home who come back to check on us..

4. you are not just here. you are here becuase you chose to be here.. but again just so i know we are on the same page i would like for you to explain what you mean by "home" before i say more on "home"... yes your sixth sense will and can help you get home but what home are you talking about..i am asking this becuase you alluded to UFOs coming from real home..

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 4:26am On Jan 03, 2013
Billyonaire: All humans are psychic, cos we all are souls taking up physical form to learn new tricks on Earth. We are the aliens on Earth and the UFOs are the Reality back home who come to check on us. We are just here so psychic abilities are what enables us trace our way back home. Thank you.
Here is my give and take on psychics:
All humans are potential psychics because they have souls. The soul does not need physical eyes to see, or physical ears to hear. However, some people "have" the ability to connect their mind to their souls - these are the set of people termed psychics. Whether they are prechosen, or anyone can learn to be a psychic or not is beyond the scope of my writing, we might need to research that one - i dont know too much astral sciences.

Concerning the stuffs about UFOs, well, i am not in agreement at all.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 4:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Well my friend, all you have really succeeded in doing is reducing God to nothing.
what is really your understanding of nothing because you seem to think that nothing means non- existent.. reducing God to nothing? is it not the nothing from where the something springs forth? or in your mind like a lot of people erroneously think the nothing is better than the something?.. NOTHING IS NOT EQUAL TO DOES NOT EXIST..nothing is something with no propertioes does not mean non-existent... this is where your problem lies and we didnt really deal with it the last time becusse the discussion went on a different tangent but since it has been resurrected lets talk about it..
You have just worked out a way to call God everything but by doing this, God cannot be more powerful or more knowledgeable than anyone because essentially, we would all be God and therefore to say that God is more powerful than anything would be to say that God is more powerful than God which is logical nonsense.
of course "God" cannot be more powerful than anyone or anything.. BECAUSE there is nothing but God. there is only God. no one else...seperation is an illusion. there is only One of us that that individuated into the many.. the being you have chosen to call your "God" is more powerful than you becuase YOU SAID SO..but he is not powerful than you..you are God in amnesia always remember that if nothing else..
Likewise cannot be distinct from anything or have any characteristics that will help us identify Him as God.
the problem with this statement is you still in the illusion tht you are separate with God..

Also if we call God energy, God cannot then be infinite because energy is directly proportional to the amount of matter in existence and matter is not infinite.
lol this dude... is matter not made of energy? matter is Energy In- formation..does the law not say that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but simply changes form... is outer space "matter"? does it not contain energy. is the universe infinite or finite? does matter not break down to nothing? is the universe only consists of "matter" or energy?

ok too many questions but you get the drift.. if you believe in a finite universe then yes you could say matter is not infinite...but if the universe is infinite then matter cannot be finite..you need to learn to differentiate between observable and non observable..
I think you should really go back and ponder on the question "Who is God?"
i believe you should ... God is all there is and all that is.
God is not in the sky! but if i have to answer your question who is God?

well God is the energy you call image-ination....God is creation!.. Gos is first thought, last experience and everything in between.. God is more than you can image-ine. because i tell you what even the being of your understanding you have chosen to call "God" has a "God" which also has a God etc etc to infinity..will give you a scenario or example if you choose.

2 Likes

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 4:47am On Jan 03, 2013
pastormustwacc:
Here is my give and take on psychics:
All humans are potential psychics because they have souls. The soul does not need physical eyes to see, or physical ears to hear. However, some people "have" the ability to connect their mind to their souls - these are the set of people termed psychics. Whether they are prechosen, or anyone can learn to be a psychic or not is beyond the scope of my writing, we might need to research that one - i dont know too much astral sciences.

Concerning the stuffs about UFOs, well, i am not in agreement at all.
at bolded no they have CHOSEN to use their sixth sense.. you can too if you choose. do you?.. everything is a choice.. yes you might come here with some "gifts" through which to experience physicality BUT it doesnt mean that what others can do you are incapable of.. i tell you what tehre is nothing that jesus and other "masters" did that you cant do and even more if you choose.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 5:56am On Jan 03, 2013
This is the reason why i quoted the "have", maybe i should have used "with", so the bolded becomes: some people with the ability to connect their mind to their souls. . .but all these things are not really so documented like that, so i dont have all the facts, only know some.
And yes, i agree with you greatgenius.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 6:03am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^ no worries god brother
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 6:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Gracias. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness / Woman Grabs Pastor's Manhood In Church Service (pic) / Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.