Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues (2867 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Journey Of Soul / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2013
greatgenius: at bolded no they have CHOSEN to use their sixth sense.. you can too if you choose. do you?.. everything is a choice.. yes you might come here with some "gifts" through which to experience physicality BUT it doesnt mean that what others can do you are incapable of.. i tell you what tehre is nothing that jesus and other "masters" did that you cant do and even more if you choose.
But still, Jesus was able to perceive thoughts, i aint seen or heard of anyone else being able to pull that one?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^^ really.... btw even if you have not heard or seen, are you suggesting that it cant be "pulled" off by anyone esle( using your term)... speaking of pulling off do you believe Jesus was the only one to have risen from the dead?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by truthislight: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2013
Affiliated:
To the best of my knowledge for now I'll call God energy.

^^^

well, does that "your" god have a mind and intellgince?

Does energy have a mind and intelligence?

1. How did this your "energy start" having intelligence?

2. when does this your "energy start" having intelligence?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by truthislight: 9:50am On Jan 03, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^^ really.... btw even if you have not heard or seen, are you suggesting that it cant be "pulled" off by anyone esle( using your term)... speaking of pulling off do you believe Jesus was the only one to have risen from the dead?

you guys are deceiving yourselves.

Or better yet, you guys have allowed the oldest cunned artist "the original serpent" to play tricks on your minds.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 9:51am On Jan 03, 2013
greatgenius: what is really your understanding of nothing because you seem to think that nothing means non- existent.. reducing God to nothing? is it not the nothing from where the something springs forth? or in your mind like a lot of people erroneously think the nothing is better than the something?.. NOTHING IS NOT EQUAL TO DOES NOT EXIST..nothing is something with no propertioes does not mean non-existent... this is where your problem lies and we didnt really deal with it the last time becusse the discussion went on a different tangent but since it has been resurrected lets talk about it.. of course "God" cannot be more powerful than anyone or anything.. BECAUSE there is nothing but God. there is only God. no one else...seperation is an illusion. there is only One of us that that individuated into the many.. the being you have chosen to call your "God" is more powerful than you becuase YOU SAID SO..but he is not powerful than you..you are God in amnesia always remember that if nothing else.. the problem with this statement is you still in the illusion tht you are separate with God..

lol this dude... is matter not made of energy? matter is Energy In- formation..does the law not say that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but simply changes form... is outer space "matter"? does it not contain energy. is the universe infinite or finite? does matter not break down to nothing? is the universe only consists of "matter" or energy?

ok too many questions but you get the drift.. if you believe in a finite universe then yes you could say matter is not infinite...but if the universe is infinite then matter cannot be finite..you need to learn to differentiate between observable and non observable..
i believe you should ... God is all there is and all that is.
God is not in the sky! but if i have to answer your question who is God?

well God is the energy you call image-ination....God is creation!.. Gos is first thought, last experience and everything in between.. God is more than you can image-ine. because i tell you what even the being of your understanding you have chosen to call "God" has a "God" which also has a God etc etc to infinity..will give you a scenario or example if you choose.
My guy, I am tired of explaining simple logic to you. If God is everything, then there really isn't a God rather you have yourself a synonym for the word "everything"
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^^ really.... btw even if you have not heard or seen, are you suggesting that it cant be "pulled" off by anyone esle( using your term)... speaking of pulling off do you believe Jesus was the only one to have risen from the dead?
Even the bible records more than 1 person that came back from the dead,
But some of the things Jesus performed don break records already, no need to argue am.

truthislight:

Or better yet, you guys have allowed the oldest cunned artist "the original serpent" to play tricks on your minds.
Is your mind so feeble that a simple logical talk is confusing your mind already?

1 Like

Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
My guy, I am tired of explaining simple logic to you. If God is everything, then there really isn't a God rather you have yourself a synonym for the word "everything"
Lol either your level of understanding is flawed or your pretending ... How did you come about God = everything, equating to there really isn't a God.. is that what you call your logic ..

I think what you shoukd admit to and declare which you have failed to is that , the god of your imaginations that you have created, fear and worship out of ignorance DOES NOT EXIST or not ultimate reality but created in your mind.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
pastormustwacc:
Even the bible records more than 1 person that came back from the dead,
But some of the things Jesus performed don break records already, no need to argue am.

ok I'm glad you know there have been more than one person that came back from the dead...
And what records are you talking about?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by greatgenius: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
truthislight:

lol very ironic..if anything you need to take back yoir thinking processes from the "original serpernt" and stop taking the word of “experts” and “reliable sources"(bible etc) as the truth.." A rational approach to life is based on sound reasoning, not emotional reactions or conditioned responses,(sound reasoning which you have failed to display through out our interactions except display conditioned responses)..
you need to reason things out on your own way in order to know what is true or not. This is the principle of living consciously. Awareness makes the difference between pawn or master. And i am afraid most of you are being used as pawns..

you cant read the bible for instance and take everything in as TRUTH and then tell me you are thinking. Are you kidding me. You must create your own system or be enslaved by another man's system. Anyone who does not do their own thinking will have their lives thought out for them by others willing to do the thinking. The bosses, the rulers and those in positions of control and power are the ones who are willing to do the thinking and create systems to direct the lives of the unthinking masses. you need to step out of the manipulations brother.

i have said this before on another thread and i will repeat here an adage that goes " Fools will be fools as certain as fate. men of wisdom use fools as tools. for that and only that is the use of fools".. Food for thought..

put your fear of "hell" and eternal damnation aside for a minute and really read the bible with sound reasoning. the bible will become nothing else but another book full of distortions albeit some truth that you have failed to see as a result of your fear..
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by pastormustwacc: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
greatgenius: lol very ironic..if anything you need to take back yoir thinking processes from the "original serpernt" and stop taking the word of “experts” and “reliable sources"(bible etc) as the truth.." A rational approach to life is based on sound reasoning, not emotional reactions or conditioned responses,(sound reasoning which you have failed to display through out our interactions except display conditioned responses)..
you need to reason things out on your own way in order to know what is true or not. This is the principle of living consciously. Awareness makes the difference between pawn or master. And i am afraid most of you are being used as pawns..

you cant read the bible for instance and take everything in as TRUTH and then tell me you are thinking. Are you kidding me. You must create your own system or be enslaved by another man's system. Anyone who does not do their own thinking will have their lives thought out for them by others willing to do the thinking. The bosses, the rulers and those in positions of control and power are the ones who are willing to do the thinking and create systems to direct the lives of the unthinking masses. you need to step out of the manipulations brother.

i have said this before on another thread and i will repeat here an adage that goes " Fools will be fools as certain as fate. men of wisdom use fools as tools. for that and only that is the use of fools".. Food for thought..

put your fear of "hell" and eternal damnation aside for a minute and really read the bible with sound reasoning. the bible will become nothing else but another book full of distortions albeit some truth that you have failed to see as a result of your fear..
And i agree with all you have said 120%. But most of us Africans/Nigerians are trained to think only in one direction, any direction contrary to that becomes the wrong way.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony I would have replied but Greatgenius has already said all I would have said so no need to reply that. About your phrase that "God is a synonym for everything". If you choose to view it that way I can't argue with you on that because in a sense you are correct and they are the same thing.

Truthislight. I know its easy to sit on the sidelines comfortably inside your mental box and question and talk and so on. I have no problem if that's what you really want to do. but to answer your questions, I'm afraid I would have to use questions too. My questions are however answers of some sort.

I'm going to assume by mind and intelligence, you mean consciousness.
Energy is conscious. We as energy are conscious.

How did we start having a consciousness?
When do we start having a consciousness?
Finally, what are we really and what is this consciousness that we possess?

By the way I follow the scientific community closely and many experiments are pointing to the fact that without a brain, many organisms possess intelligence. [A microscopic slime was just discovered to possess intelligence. This slime has no organs or brain however scientists put it in a maze with its food at the end of the maze and the slime learned the way to the food and followed that path consistently. When scientists put it in a new different maze, it took the slime 10 times longer than before to find the food and after a while it also learned the new maze and started going directly to the food] Also things like light are baffling scientists because it behaves as if it possesses a consciousness. Lets leave personal experiences out of this but I have also had some personal experiences that changed my paradigm to support my claims.
How about you? have you had any personal experiences or are you just a tool to someone else?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 3:22am On Jan 04, 2013
Affiliated: Mr_Anony I would have replied but Greatgenius has already said all I would have said so no need to reply that. About your phrase that "God is a synonym for everything". If you choose to view it that way I can't argue with you on that because you are correct and they are the same thing.
We have nothing more to argue about.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2013
Mr_Anony:
We have nothing more to argue about.

OK Sir. Safe
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2013
Affiliated:

OK Sir. Safe
Don't you think something is wrong with the way you argue?
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by MrAnony1(m): 9:58am On Jan 04, 2013
Reyginus: Don't you think something is wrong with the way you argue?
Lol, My guy, why are you trying to stir up a conversation that has died.

it is like arguing with somebody who says that 2+2=5 and when you correct him, and show him that 2+2=4 he replies that 4=5 and that another name for "4" is "5".
What more do you want to tell him?

He says that God=everything and everything=God. He has insisted that another name for "God" is "everything". There is nothing left to argue about.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 04, 2013
This thread can be recreated if people are still interested on the discourse.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2013
Mr_Anony:

it is like arguing with somebody who says that 2+2=5 and when you correct him, and show him that 2+2=4 he replies that 4=5 and that another name for "4" is "5".

He says that God=everything and everything=God. He has insisted that another name for "God" is "everything". There is nothing left to argue about.

I never insisted that another name for God is everything. I told you God is everything and then you said God is a synonym for everything and I said if you want to see it that way, I can't argue with you. Why lie against me?
My point is God is Everything not God is another name for everything. If however you decide to call them synonyms I won't argue with you. When did I start insisting that they are synonyms?
OK. God isn't everything. Tell me what God is and where God can be found please.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Reyginus: Don't you think something is wrong with the way you argue?

To me, The point of this conversation isn't to argue. Its not like I'm trying to win or anything. I just want to exchange ideas and if my idea has been considered and rejected then that's fine by me. All along I've been trying to make the idea I was passing along clearer. I've also considered the alternative which is God being a man like being sitting on a white chair in the sky like the bible said and I like wise rejected it.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2013
“In the beginning, God became the Heaven and the Earth... And God said, 'Let Me be light," and He was light.” - Kurt Vonnegut

“. . . but the Universe is an awfully big place. There is room enough for an awful lot of people to be right about things and still not agree.” - Kurt Vonnegut

There's another long quote from the same author which I think is so profound as to deserve its own thread. Its too long to put here anyway

https://www.nairaland.com/1150973/good-summary-history-beginning
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mr_Anony:

I really want to understand. how anybody can reason like he does. I'm too surprised and shocked by how he can hold these things to be true.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Affiliated:

To me, The point of this conversation isn't to argue. Its not like I'm trying to win or anything. I just want to exchange ideas and if my idea has been considered and rejected then that's fine by me. All along I've been trying to make the idea I was passing along clearer. I've also considered the alternative which is God being a man like being sitting on a white chair in the sky like the bible said and I like wise rejected it.
Thank you. But you didn't answer anything.
Don't bother replying.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
Reyginus: I really want to understand. how anybody can reason like he does. I'm too surprised and shocked by how he can hold these things to be true.

Well let's all accept that I'm hilariously wrong and my thinking is faulty. At least I'm not afraid to think outside the confines of norm. I'm still waiting for Anony to come and correct and educate me on who or what God is and where such God can be found? And where everything that isn't God or from God came from and what exactly is God.
Re: More About The Mind Of Man, Mind Of Soul And Related Issues by Affiliated(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
OK. No alternative definition and description of the location and properties of the ultimate being forthcoming. That's what I expected

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Problem With The Black Man / Speaking In Tongues:xenoglossia Vs Glossolalia / The Power Of Your Yesterday - A Sermon By Dr. D. K. Olukoya.. Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.