Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,963 members, 7,956,614 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 (7936 Views)

The First Thread On Nairaland In 2016!!! / Describe Year 2012 In One Word / *~Sexkillz Voted Moderator Of The Year 2012 *~ Congratulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
1) I have added to my ever growing repertoire of pointed insults.

2) I have learned never to criticize a poster's points, but instead, to criticize their personalities.

3) I earned an A+ in Tribalism 301.

4) I have learned that you can never successfully pass your points across to Sagamite, if he doesn't agree with you.

5) I have learned not to take the word "person" seriously anymore for its overuse has rendered it insipid and vapid.

6) I have learned how to be the first commenter, by obsessively stalking the "New Topics" section.

7) I have learned, from the religious section, that whenever anything positive happens, we should give glory to Baba Jehovah, but otherwise, place all the blame on Uncle Lucifer.

8) I have learned that Mukina2 is a paid supermod.

9) I have learned that Seun has become less of a douchebag, and more of an amiable fascist.

10) Ogugua88 is still the baddest b*itch on Nairaland.

Lest I forget, 64th to comment, so I give all the undivided glory to Almighty Obatala.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Reference(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
vanstanzy: I've gained an insight into the real problem of Nigeria... ITS PEOPLE! But not to worry, "A PROBLEM SHARED IS A PROBLEM SOLVED".

Ha. What else did you think is the problem of any country before, its rainfall or density of mosquitos.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by jhydebaba(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
SlyIg:
You're actually one of the many reasons i can't stay without Nairaland for an hour. You made me laugh out my tongue dear!
wink wink

Troll:

LMAO. cheesy Same Here.

I've also gained lots of bans from the Chief-Madam of Bans Mukina2. At a point I had to wonder if she was obsessed with my username. This prompted me to change my username to Troll which she's known for banning me for tongue
grin grin
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by samfibby(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
I have learn to understand that a lot of people u think are sane are actually insane, but they are ignorant of this.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Dhelake: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]I have gained new friends.

I have learnt how to trade insults.

I have learnt how to accept and accomodate insults.

I have learnt that some Nigerians aren't any different from racist(ethnic and religious bigotry).

I have learnt some new words and phrases

I have learnt how to criticise objectively

I have learnt how to handle criticism

I have learnt how to swallow my ego and apologise when I'm wrong.
I have learnt to read a article before making a comment because the heading might be misleading and it will only make me look stupi.d
I have learnt so much about the roman catholic church and their doctrine.

The list is endless.

All in all it's been fun and I have been able to while away my joblessness and time
[/color]
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
I learnt,watched,read the Good, The Bad & the Ugly things, information, event & shows in Naija & the world atlarge.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
samfibby: I have learn to understand that a lot of people u think are sane are actually insane, but they are ignorant of this.
Dude, trust me, we know we are insane; at least, I can speak for myself.

May Obatala bless you. grin grin grin
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by GudluckIBB(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
redcliff: [size=14pt]The information here is second to none. I have gained alot. They laugh at me at the office and feel nairaland is one cheap website where all sort of low class people come to but i really dont mind it cos i know what i am benfitinf from my attendance here[/size]

Bros its Benefiting,not benfitinf.If English na human beign,Una go for don Kill am pure acid for him body.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Curiouscity(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
I learned .......

That the followers in Nigeria are worse than the leaders
That most Nigerian youths rather shout/argue than discuss
Than Nigerian is far more divided than what I see in the demographic maps
That going to reading and writing are not the best indices of education
That hatred, bigotry, tribalism and fanaticism is a hobby for most youths in Nigeria
That most youths find it hard to think independently!!
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
Curious_city: I learned .......

That the followers in Nigeria are worst than the leaders

Chineke! Chei, my brother see as you finish grammar. Anyway, may Obatala bless you.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Curiouscity(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
GudluckIBB:

Bros its Benefiting,not benfitinf.If English na human beign,Una go for don Kill am pure acid for him body.

I can only burst in to a big laugh. You are correcting his typo with this grammar and spellings? Or are you trying some rough Sarcasm?
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
^
I love this. In trying to pull the log out of another's eyes, you have hilariously forgotten about yours.

Don't throw stones if ye lives in a glass house.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by BE811APP: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
NL gives me first hand news...b4 it gets on newspapers.....saves me money.... It makes me laugh my ass out after an annoying day....Kudos Seun
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by wkid(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
I've sold & gotten some video games thru dis thread & some other ones
https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/pc-games-sale-cheapest-price

I know d latest gist without d news media.
I learnt dat Tonto Dike is d most hated celebrity
I learnt a lot bout GARRI!!!
I learnt a lot bout mobile phones 4rm nlanders lyk 4llerbuntu & sm odas
I learnt dat pple dislike mods like sexkillz & maclatunji
I learnt a lot bout games in d gaming section
Infact I am so addicted to Nland dat I can't do without it 4 5 mins even though I'm a passive member (4 fear of ban due to biz) but I'm going to become active wit anoda new user name in 2013
Thanks to pple like mukina2 & afam4eva( hater of my darling Chelsea) 4 making d sport section interesting
Thanks to pple lyk manmustwatch, billyonaire, maclatunji I've learnt more bout religion.
Thanks to d funny pple on Nland like right yansh 4 making me laugh so much dis yr & making pple around me think I'm insane at times.
I learnt a lot 4rm dose in d technology & computer section, even tried my hands on some problems in d programming section.
Thanks to kails & bawss1 4 not letting d gaming section run dry.
I've followed arguements in so many sections & gained a lot
I really learnt & gained so much 4rm Nland dat I can't thank u enough
Finally thanks to seun & ya'll 4 making Nland my best website ever
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by AfroBlue(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
was able to view a classic doc. of cinematic work by way of NL too powerful for the masses to see and had to be taken down.

Naij, A History Of Nigeria | A Documentary
Ore Notes highlights 'Naij, A History Of Nigeria' by Jide Olanrewaju:

[img]http://afrogeekchic.files./2008/11/naij.jpg[/img]
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by sashaa(f): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
A job!
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by sistajay(f): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
I've only just come out of an induced coma. Looks like I've missed out on 2012 embarassed
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by johnstar(m): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Selling of gadgets cheesy cheesy, nd I have learnt ow 2 drink garri............. nd d pictures of mumu celeb
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by adeshina86: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
information is key n vital...
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by claremont(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
I have learnt that Nairaland is a true reflection of the good, the bad, and the ugly people we have in Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by mj(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm doing digital marketing for www. , I got the job thru Nairaland. grin grin grin
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by TableLeg(m): 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
Nothing
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by searay(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
WHAT I HAVE LEARNT ON NAIRALAND SO FAR:
1. I have succesfully learnt how to insult: I can recalled when my Boss sent me on an errand I questioned him how the errand will affect the price of garri in the market. This question handed me 5 days surcharge.
2. I have learnt about garri dynamics.
3. I have learnt how to type much faster in order to be the first to comment.
4. I have learnt how to banqueried my co- workers from Sexkillz, Mukina and his royal Highestness Seun
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Meklex(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
samfibby: I have learn to understand that a lot of people u think are sane are actually insane, but they are ignorant of this.
just as you are counciously insane without knowing.
@topic I learnt from NL what I just wrote up there...
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Floxxi(f): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Indeed, NL is like the perception of an Elephant to six blind men, to the one touching the leg the Elephant is like the trunk of a tree, to the one touching the side its like a wall....etc. It depends on your motive of joining as for me i've learnt a lot about importation of which i was a novice and which could make one financially free, first hand job listing and latest news local and internationally. Thumbs up for seun.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
I learned that Tonto Dike would always make d frontpage, her name could also be spelt as 'Decay'.

I also learned that asking "how is this going to affect d price of ....." could get u banned.

Another lesson learnt is that Awolowo v Ojukwu threads are quite popular.

My favorite lesson though is the discovery of d "Derailers' thread". It's simply a piece of ingenuity.
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by lusen(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
I joind nairaland some few yrs bak, I must confess I've learnt many things since I became an active member dis year. Nw, I'm addicted to nairaland, can't do a day without loggin in here.. Though I rarely comment, bt I open and read comments of topics I find interesting.(Abt 15 topics each day). I've gained a lot 4rm dat. Kudos to seun osewa and d moderators!
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
@Lusen: I've also been addicted to Nairaland ever since I joined in August. It is truly Africa's largest and liveliest online discussion forum.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hav learn nt 2 say ur true mind nt 2 get bad
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Sweetlemon(f): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
jhydebaba: I learnt that Seun Osewa is the owner of nairaland.

I learnt that the head of a section is called a moderator otherwise known as seun's dog

I learnt that many jobless people like me resume here early in the morning and close late night without getting paid or laid.
Laff wan scatter my head o!
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by Dandy1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
I've learnt dat I could push my hustle farther using Nairaland advert.I'm busy cooking stuffs up in d studio
Re: What Have You Gained Through Nairaland In This Outgoing Year 2012 by duffles(f): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
I've learnt a lot from nairaland...i heard about it from a friend and decided to see what it's all about when I became single....I don't think it's popular in port-harcourt b'cos most people here don't know about it....I think I'm addicted b'cos I log in everyday...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Caught My Girl-friend Pants Down! <pidgin> / See Tecno Boom J9 Price And Its Amazing Specifications / Who Is The Cutest Male And Female Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.