Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity (17837 Views)

D'banj VS Don Jazzy! Who Has Grown More Since Their Split? / D'banj Vs Ikechukwu Update! Sarah Blasts D'banj. / D'banj Vs P'square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by tunnlex(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mazidumex: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
toshmann: @Poster
It's because of worthless posts like this that Nigeria' s future is bleak. If you were knowledgable, and I doubt you are, you'll understand that in the entertainment world break ups happen time and again. To try a paint an ethnic picture, while tactfully pretending you ain't doing so, knowing fully well that Nigeria has ethnic sensitivities, is to say the least, SHAMEFUL angry

Here we are in a global village, the world out here doesn't know who is Igbo Yoruba efik etc, most don't even know Nigeria( except in matters of fraud, crime etc) and the best we can do is unite to form a country that can stand on her feet. This generation of Nigerians, with a partial democracy, must stand together. Otherwise by 2075 our great grandchildren will curse our memory for leaving a sick nation for them to inherit. angry

And even though my grandchildren will be foreign citizens, they and others like them would still be better off if they have a great nation to call "the land of my roots"
Let those of us who are educated stop this ethnic BS. Love your ethnic group without hating others.

Let it be on record that Toshmann was one of the few prophets that warned of the dangers of ethnic squabbles in the early 21st century.
God is my witness cool

The truth is bitter, but deep down you know it has to be said.i am not hating other ethnic groups, this is a major problem in Nigeria, it's in every sector and remeber read the topic well, i ruled out ethnicity, read it weeelll. i said it might have been a cause.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by truelovecom: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

Poster, you are a fool period.So you spent your time writing up this rubbish, for your info donjazzy is not igbo, his isoko man, just like me he has an igbo mother, but not father, and by tradition and culture you are what your father is. It is people like you that bring about ethnic bashing.

If so , then OBJ is Igbo . cos his biological father is Igbo……What do you say?
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by mazidumex: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ilekokonit: Michael Jackson parted ways with his Manager. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Jackson 5 went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Commordores went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Musical Youth went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
The Spice Girls went their seperate ways. Was this also ethnicity ?
Husbands and Wives go their seperate ways on a daily basis. Is this also ethnicity ?

Don't forget that Tribalists are Educated Illiterates.

Read a topic before you start commenting, i said power tussle or ethnicity, i ruled out ethnicity.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by ejifranks(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

Poster, you are a fool period.So you spent your time writing up this rubbish, for your info donjazzy is not igbo, his isoko man, just like me he has an igbo mother, but not father, and by tradition and culture you are what your father is. It is people like you that bring about ethnic bashing.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by vislabraye(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
This Dbanj/Don J issue is getting out of proportion. Let them be. The world won't stop rotating because of them.
Let's shun ethnic senbtiments. Wande Cole is Yoruba and he's still with Don Jazzy.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by dhrey: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
truelove.com:

Dbanj is still in africa, doing music in africa , signed to Sony music africa and was not signed to Good music but had a partnership with them.

Stop feeding your brain with rubbish, dbanj is not doing music in europe or america(dbanj lacks the talent for that, his style is african)

Wizkid and Psquare has the ability to penetrate and conquer Europe and American music market , cos their style is western
see dis mumu,go nd check good music website u wil see his name among d artiste.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

Have you googled Don Jazzy before writing this Btw stop calling people fools.

Don Jazzy is a ''Nwanneukwu'' from Isuikwuato in Abia state. Inspiration to write ''Igwe'' by D'banj came when he visited Don Jazzy's village. Listen to the lyrics of the song.
according to google and wikipedia .. Don jazzy is an isoko man and until donjazzy come out to deny it.. He remains isoko tongue
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by magsblings(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
i don't realy undrstnd the sudden succession of d'banj from the mohits record.... What ever the case might be i believe money and power has a role to play...
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by DeWisedon(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pretended as if i didnt c d post
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

you are also a fool, he speaks the tongue, his maternal grandparents are igbo, not his father. e spent some time in isuikwuato growing up and so. Get over it. If donjazzy wants to be igbo, it can only be by mouth, not by father. I am done trying to convince you, i know the fact,and truth, accept it, and stop wishing. At the end of the day he is nigerian,and one we should be proud of regardless of tribe. Happy New year.. ciao . Its like calling rotimi amechi yorubaman, just because his mom is yoruba, it will not happen, he is an igbo man.
eish... U just murdered the arguement.... Thanks 4 educating this ignorant mofos ... Oya chop kiss kiss grin happy holiday
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
truelove.com:

If so , then OBJ is Igbo . cos his biological father is Igbo……What do you say?
choi.. Objs father is igbo? Quoting from what source? Are u high on alomo or what?
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by tirtimy: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Don Jazzy was not the manager as stated in your post.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
dhrey: see dis mumu,go nd check good music website u wil see his name among d artiste.
u dey mind that ignorant mofo.. People like him come to nairaland acting as if they have sumtin in their brain to offer... grin buh we all knw the truth
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

you are also a fool, he speaks the tongue, his maternal grandparents are igbo, not his father. e spent some time in isuikwuato growing up and so. Get over it. If donjazzy wants to be igbo, it can only be by mouth, not by father. I am done trying to convince you, i know the fact,and truth, accept it, and stop wishing. At the end of the day he is nigerian,and one we should be proud of regardless of tribe. Happy New year.. ciao . Its like calling rotimi amechi yorubaman, just because his mom is yoruba, it will not happen, he is an igbo man.

You were cursed from birth.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

You were cursed from birth.
why cnt u counter his/her post like a man that has sumtin upstair? undecided cursin him/her wnt make u look smart u knw?

1 Like

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by dinachi(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Don Jazzy bootlickers are here again, very untiring bunch of simpletons. Who told you that Dbanj caused the brouhaha? Wande Coal didnt go with Dbanj cos he interpreted the situation wrongly, he thought his music career was better off with Don Loya. How wrong he was! Given the situation at the moment, it is now clear who is the geese that laid the golden eggs in mo hits. Don Loya famed prowess in music production is nothing but a hype. He dosent even have confidence in his abilities thats why he fled the kanye west deal. On the other hand, Dbanj is busting with confidence and carries the spirit of excellence. This is official, Don Loyas music producing days are over. He is now a milk producer there is no cause for comparism between him and Dbanj. futher more ,unconfirmed reports has it that Don Loya has been making frantic efforts to buy Dbanjs favour after he realized that his music production days are over without Dbanj to market his beats. As per the rythm unplugged concert ,it is Don Jazzy who should have hailed Dbanj! Both physically and musically, Dbanj is light years ahead of Don Loya!
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Emmaseremo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, and works his tail off to develop them into skills. #Godbless our Hustles

I got nothing much to say but I think they are both blessed by GOD.

Don Jazzy is doing great and in other news check Dbanj latest singles Oyato & cashflow. U will realise he is doing great as well.

All the same I wish they can come back. Their seperation to be candid, made me think twice about friendship.

If both of them can ever make a long lasting collabo, it will definitely be a better success.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by alaoeri: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
truelove.com:

Dbanj is still in africa, doing music in africa , signed to Sony music africa and was not signed to Good music but had a partnership with them.

Stop feeding your brain with rubbish, dbanj is not doing music in europe or america(dbanj lacks the talent for that, his style is african)

Wizkid and Psquare has the ability to penetrate and conquer Europe and American music market , cos their style is western
Abeg make una see this one oh still saying Dbanj is talentless & not doing music in europe & america, if i may ask presently which nigerian artist is ontop of his music globally, saying Dbanj is still in africa trash this is a dude that used to organised annual koko concert uk, appeared in kanye west music video Mercy & also in 30mins movie cruel summer, his name was also on kanye west's latest album & also appear in G.O.O.D music latest magazine & u are here saying rubbish that he's only in Africa. Another knock bringing in Idris Elba, Pusha T, Big Sean & Tinie Tempah for his 9ja koko concert u still saying trash abeg go siddon. Presently don't know of tomorrow Dbanj has an edge over others international.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by pipz(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
*Puffing SK & Henny @Waterside*
You guys are just ignorant, don't know shiit. They Broke up as a result of illuminati.
Dbanj was given premium membership after just 1 application while Don Jazzy had applied several times earlier, but had not even been given ordinary membership. So Dbanj started being bossy, this new illuminati attitude didn't go down well wit don baba J....na so shit hit d fan

*Hides behind tread, dodging stones and knockout*
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
dinachi: Don Jazzy bootlickers are here again, very untiring bunch of simpletons. Who told you that Dbanj caused the brouhaha? Wande Coal didnt go with Dbanj cos he interpreted the situation wrongly, he thought his music career was better off with Don Loya. How wrong he was! Given the situation at the moment, it is now clear who is the geese that laid the golden eggs in mo hits. Don Loya famed prowess in music production is nothing but a hype. He dosent even have confidence in his abilities thats why he fled the kanye west deal. On the other hand, Dbanj is busting with confidence and carries the spirit of excellence. This is official, Don Loyas music producing days are over. He is now a milk producer there is no cause for comparism between him and Dbanj. futher more ,unconfirmed reports has it that Don Loya has been making frantic efforts to buy Dbanjs favour after he realized that his music production days are over without Dbanj to market his beats. As per the rythm unplugged concert ,it is Don Jazzy who should have hailed Dbanj! Both physically and musically, Dbanj is light years ahead of Don Loya!
grin grin don loya grin
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by bolakale30(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
Apology to redmosquito
Minion: my lords, mortals have started arguing about Dbanj and Don Jazzy again
Hades: those names ring a bell, Dbanj.... You mean the boy that does the laundry and cooking 4 Kanye West, the one is secretly servicing Kim...... And ehm... Don Jazzy that Twitter philanthropist; the one that shares recharge card and cash on twitter...
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
tirtimy: Don Jazzy was not the manager as stated in your post.

Wikipedia even names Don Jazzy as D'banj manager cum producer before the split.

I just dislike people arguing without basis. He signed on D'banj. Get your facts.

Okay whether he is Igbo or not doesnt put one kobo in my pocket.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
pipz: *Puffing SK & Henny @Waterside*
You guys are just ignorant, don't know shiit. They Broke up as a result of illuminati.
Dbanj was given premium membership after just 1 application while Don Jazzy had applied several times earlier, but had not even been given ordinary membership. So Dbanj started being bossy, this new illuminati attitude didn't go down well wit don baba J....na so shit hit d fan

*Hides behind tread, dodging stones and knockout*
lol i was about to call u lunatic... Buh now i gt ur sacarsm grin
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by jess5(f): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Red-Light:
according to google and wikipedia .. Don jazzy is an isoko man and until donjazzy come out to deny it.. He remains isoko tongue

Dont't mind him. Anyway, here is from the Don himself. Hope this settles the argument smiley. And it would be nice for some people to make their research before spewing out stuffs grin

https://twitter.com/DONJAZZY/status/105844404568330240

https://twitter.com/DONJAZZY/status/88029233124884480

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by abysirius(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
mazidumex:

My friend it's unfortunate you lack commonsense, it's you dats a perveted soul, people change, dont you know when there is much money things tend to change, greed walks in, dbanj moved to an international level with oliver twist, why is it when he became international he decided to dump don jazzy.
U think with ur anus! 'Why Me' gave him his 1st MTV award yet he didn't leave then. Perhaps u think every1 is visionless like u. Or is there any crime in some1 following his dream? Africa is already in his grasp...He's going for the world!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

Wikipedia even names Don Jazzy as D'banj manager cum producer before the split.

I just dislike people arguing without basis. He signed on D'banj. Get your facts.

Okay whether he is Igbo or not doesnt put one kobo in my pocket.
.... They started as as friends... Nobody sign as anybody.... Buh when they both made name for themselve... Dbanj made don jazzy the boss becoz he is the music producer to make their record label more presentable.. Thats why they had to sign couple of artist to join them... So nobody is the boss of anybody except the fact that dbanj is older and richer than don jazzy.... We suppose to salute dbanj humbleness... How can anyone make his younger brother the boss
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
jess5:

Dont't mind him. Anyway, here is from the Don himself. Hope this settles the argument smiley. And it would be nice for some people to make their research before spewing out stuffs grin

https://twitter.com/DONJAZZY/status/105844404568330240

https://twitter.com/DONJAZZY/status/88029233124884480

okpara ugo and afam4eva .... I hope this answer una question grin
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
Red-Light:
eish... U just murdered the arguement.... Thanks 4 educating this ignorant mofos ... Oya chop kiss kiss grin happy holiday

Red-Light:
why cnt u counter his/her post like a man that has sumtin upstair? undecided cursin him/her wnt make u look smart u knw?

It's very obvious you are an interested party. Hailing a person who labels people ''FOOLS'' for their opinions.

Your gf's posts are hidden.
Re: D'banj Vs Don Jazzy : Power Tussle Or Ethnicity by RedLight1: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

It's very obvious you are an interested party. Hailing a person who labels people ''FOOLS'' for their opinions.

Your gf's posts are hidden.
okay agreed u are not a fo0l and sorry 4 dat.. Buh u were harsh on her to u knw? .. Anyway! We cool? Btw i dnt knw her o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FEMALE CELEBRITIES With & With-out Make Up PICTURES? / Mercy Aigbe: Lagos Writes Police, Demands Transfer Of Case Files / Bisi Alimi Tells Kemi Olunloyo She Is Envious & Becoming Dangerous To Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.