Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Progress On Benin-ore Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress On Benin-ore Road (10728 Views)

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
You wrote :
"You are an insincere man. From the heading of those fraudulent threads created by you all, does it not explicitly state that the road has been "fixed"? How cana road be "fixed" and I can still see pot holes in those photos? What kind of human being are you biko?"
You referred specifically to me, or didn't you? Show me where I wrote that the Benin- Ore road "has been fixed". Otherwise, you must be a LIAR. Shame on all liars!

Why make excuses for liars if you are not a liar yourself? What the man did was to bring out threads showing lies on this same road over the years but you jumped on it trying desperately to convince him to keep believing lies.

Shame on all liars!!!
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by kutchs: 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

That is progress according to PDP. The man there has to drive against on-coming traffic on a 100 km/hr highway with pot holes on it and he says progress.

This road Deziani 'cried' on it in 2007. This is 2013, PDP still dey construct the road with pot holes all over and it is progress according to them. Onitsha Owerri road was started in 2003 till today PDP is still on that road and it is progress, a good 10 years. As I speak to you now the Uli junction part of that road is nothing to write home about and it is progress. The Sagamu-Ore stretch of the Benin-Ore express road is fast fading yet they have not completed the Benin-Ore stretch and they are making progress. Even Abacha made better progress than this junk. In the South East and South South, Warri Patani road is nothing to write home about. Owerri to Okigwe nko, that one na forgotten since 1999. Ogoja to Abakailiki, tufiakwa, you wan die. Ikom to Calabar, dead! Aba to Owerri, PH to Owerri, Uyo to Aba, Owerri to Umuahia.

And PDP dey make progress. This progress means before we reach all the dilapidated roads in Nigeria, it will take us 2060. By then oil done dry finish, Jona and Ngozi go dey hell fire dey chop their N5 trillion.

All you shameless humans are a disgrace to humanity as you have no heart. May the souls of the dead on our highways continue to hunt you all wherever you go. ANIMALS!!!
Now i know some of you are worse liars than Lai Moh‘d. To include Ogoja-Abakiliki and Owerri-Okigwe rds in ur list shows you are very destructive and should be avoided. The two rds especially Ogoja-Abakiliki rd is unarguably one of the best rds in Nigeria 2day. A rd i drove on on the 21st can not be on that ur stupid list. I dont know about odas but that rd?
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
So Oshiomole is now the one doing Benin-Ore road? Wonders shall never end. And the state govt has to be paid refunds before the project starts, otherwise the FG will accused of stalling the good gestures of the governor? Children will always be children.
You better stay clear if you know nothing about this discuss! I know that road and the project too well like the back of my palms. The expansion work from Main gate at Uniben to Dawson road junction right on to Ediaken palace ground section is being done by Edo State government and not FG.

When Oshiomhole's government wanted to start the construction of that road, the wicked PDP wanted to play politics with it and sent the inglorious Godwin Abbey to tell the Edo State government to stop work on that road and that the FG was not interested in any repayment discussion to the Edo State government.

You should be ashamed of yourself for singing praises of the mediocre work done on that road despite the billions siphoned by this wicked and insane administration.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
kutchs:
Now i know some of you are worse liars than Lai Moh‘d. To include Ogoja-Abakiliki and Owerri-Okigwe rds in ur list shows you are very destructive and should be avoided. The two rds especially Ogoja-Abakiliki rd is unarguably one of the best rds in Nigeria 2day. A rd i drove on on the 21st can not be on that ur stupid list. I dont know about odas but that rd?

Are you running mad. I was on those roads in October this year and it is nothing to write home about. From Orie Akabo around white house, it was flooded and riddled with pot holes. The next place at Ama Nwa Ozuzu just before Iho, nothing to write home about. Now getting to Okigwe town to link the Enugu to Aba highway, it is another sham, so what are you going on about from your mad brain?

I was on Abakailiki to Ogoja highway, getting to Ogoja is another nightmare. Ikom to Calabar nko, it is another mad road, so what are you going on about? GTFOH
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
kutchs:
The question is this; was the road expanded to two lanes each during Obasanjo's tenure or not? I can confirm the Benin-Asaba highway dualization. Benin by-pass was done under obasanjo and it was one of the extremely few good things obasanjo did for Edo State. That outer ring road has brought about development in some of the villages the road cuts across.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by vanstanzy(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa: Just tk d correction my friend and stop talking about Drains in relation to federal roads; dats like ridiculous (and i made d correctn nicely enuf)....... See, large stretches of dat road was completed dilabilitatd, and you dont do 'patch-patch' work on those kinds of sections, you RECOVER them - and dat implies total rehabilitatn or even reconstructions of those section, not 'patch-patch' work which is usd mostly for potholes. If u usd that road b4 now and u know d state it is in right now, u wud nt be talking about 'patch-patch' (at least nt for sm sections). Like i said in my 1st comment, anoda contract was awarded dis yr to expand and turn parts of d expressway to a dual-carriage way (dis is diff from d Rehabilitation of bad sections contract which was initially given in 2006)..... And oh, I neva said d entire road has bn completely rehabilitatd; i bliv dat d term i usd was 'virtuali fixed', and if u actuali usd d road as early as d 23rd u wud attest to dis

Omo Tier1 answered u real good and i will add my own answer to it. Friend do not be deceived by this wash-wash u see and think its road construction.
A full road construction will require much more than what FG is putting up now. Am in the construction industry so i know my onions, Thank u.
As for drains, have u ever gone thru the Benin by-pass road? Its a federal road right? But it has drains by the side that ensures that flood water doesn't collect on sections of the road and render it useless. Notice that, that by-pass road is almost always looking good.
Back to the Ore road, i want to strongly believe that the FGs' measures are temporary, cos that's what i see now, and trust our FG and abandoned projects. Then how did u know that FG has awarded a contract for a dual carriage way? Is it for real, cos we have been hearing this since God knows when.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I could have corroborated ur story with pictures from the Abuja-Lokoja Road, but sorry I gues I was too busy enjoying the ride than to take snapshots.

What I'm saying in essence is that federal roads are gradually getting better no matter how slow it is going. The good thing is that there is at least progress in the right direction.

If and only if OBJ did not waste those 8 years in the hands of Tony Annenih, I believe new roads would have even been constructed. This is a plus to GEJ.

ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ I CAN FINGER
1. Roads are getting better
2. Electricity is improving, though staggered
3. No ASUU strikes
4. Still counting...
5. I'ld be back for me uptades.

Whether you agree or not, its the truth.
This is a joke right? No ASUU strikes yet our FG owned Universities are running stop gap academic sessions. Electricity improving yet manufacturers are running away from Nigeria in droves. The Abuja-Lokoja expansion project is another joke. I happened to travel down that road with a friend and at Lokoja town, we stood I awe looking at the substrates being used for that construction of that road. The gwagwalada end of the road appears to be receiving attention with solid rocky substrates being used. Benin-Auchincloss Lokoja express way is a huge joke of a national trunk A road. To say that FG roads in Nigeria are getting better when even the Minister of Works during His budget defense before the house of reps clearly said a huge part of the FG road network are indeed in bad shape.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by kutchs: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

Are you running mad. I was on those roads in October this year and it is nothing to write home about. From Orie Akabo around white house, it was flooded and riddled with pot holes. The next place at Ama Nwa Ozuzu just before Iho, nothing to write home about. Now getting to Okigwe town to link the Enugu to Aba highway, it is another sham, so what are you going on about from your mad brain?

I was on Abakailiki to Ogoja highway, getting to Ogoja is another nightmare. Ikom to Calabar nko, it is another mad road, so what are you going on about? GTFOH
If I didnt know the two roads I might be forced to believe your lies.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
Now make I give una another project wey this bastards say dem dey on.

The Itigidi river bridge and approach. That contract was awarded in 2002 for N7 billion and construction started in early 2003. Till today we still dey on top that project. 10 good years my people and every year this project gets into the budget. This same project was in the 2012 budget and is still in 2013 budget.

Now who is the contractor handling the project? GITTO! Remember them? The guys when be donate church to Jona. Na dem, till today dem never finish that project which was awarded to them in 2002.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
kutchs:
If I didnt know the two roads I might be forced to believe your lies.

Mr man shut your dirty mouth up and go feed your lies to someone else. I travel around the SS and SE a lot when I'm in Nigeria. To the deepest roads you never knew existed, I will tell you their state at the moment. Now GTFOH!!!
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by chuksme(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
nahinbdis: Much has been said on the need to rehabilitate this key road, and I was somewhat pleased to see that rehabilitation work on the road is in progress. Both sides of the road have been largely fixed from Ore to just before Ofosu, and then from the Edo State boundary up to Oluku in Benin. Work is ongoing at Ofosu area and also at Ugbowo end in Benin up to Dawson junction.

I think this is rather commendable going by the fact that the road has been largely problematic. Some pictures taken between 14th & 15th December 2012 - my last trip to Benin- are shown below

Nice one,I travelled on the road on thesame date. great work was going on there nice one
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
You GEJ apologist never seizes to amaze me! Benin-Lagos express way rehabilitation is a joke in itself. Nigerians have been abused in all ramifications that mediocrity is now consider excellence.
What the OP failed to mention is that the Expansion work to Dawson is not being done by FG, rather oshiomhole is the one handling that portion of that road and more progress would have been made by the Edo State government but the FG refused to cooperate as per refund of project cost to Edo State government coffers.

The pictures posted by the OP completely discredit the alleged work done so far as a sham! At Ofosu, some portions rehabilitated are already beginning to fail!

Now, you my friend are a shameless TOOL and an ijiot. Just imagine how you twisted the words of the @OP in order to make your silly points.

This was what the @OP said:

Both sides of the road have been largely fixed from Ore to just before Ofosu, and then from the Edo State boundary up to Oluku in Benin. Work is ongoing at Ofosu area and also at Ugbowo end in Benin up to Dawson junction.

You specifically chose the two areas that the @OP already admitted where the two very small areas that the rehabilitation is still ongoing, to make it look like the rehabiltation was 'a joke' as you put it.

1st off, whether it is Oshiomohle who is presently rehabilitating the Ugbowo-Dawson (Ugbowo-New Benin) VERY TINY, almost inconsequential section (not only cos it is just too small but also cos of the Bye-pass) is so besides the point. I know there was a misunderstanding bw the FG and the Edo state govt, and if it is the Edo state govt that is doing it now, I expect them to demand for refunds from the FG soon.

The @OP also said clearly that a section close to Ofosu is still been rehabilitating, yet you are already calling it a 'failed portion'. What a DUNCE...
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa:

Now, you my friend are a shameless TOOL and an ijiot. Just imagine how you twisted the words of the @OP in order to make your silly points.

You specifically chose the two areas that the @OP already admitted where the two very small areas that the rehabilitation is still ongoing, to make it look like the rehabiltation was 'a joke' as you put it.

1st off, whether it is Oshiomohle who is presently rehabilitating the Ugbowo-Dawson (Ugbowo-New Benin) VERY TINY, almost inconsequential section (not only cos it is just too small but also cos of the Bye-pass) is so besides the point. I know there was a misunderstanding bw the FG and the Edo state govt, and if it is the Edo state govt that is doing it now, I expect them to demand for refunds from the FG soon.

The @OP also said clearly that a section close to Ofosu is still been rehabilitating, yet you are already calling it a 'failed portion'. What a DUNCE...

Mr Man, don't you get our point? Work has been going on on that road since 1999! It is still the same old story. For over 10 years now, RCC has been on that road.

This work e no dey finish? Na everyday we dey make "progress" on the road we have been on for over 10 years and still counting? Look for where I dey now, some parts of the M1 have been expanded with 3 lanes on both sides with hard shoulders, no noise about it. I no even remember when they started the project, all I know is that the road is wider now and I can drive smoothly on that road.

This our own rehabilitation no dey finish? We wan build am till Jesus come?
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa:

As a pathological liar, I expect nothing less from you by the way. If I may educate you, the main portion of the Benin Lagos that has been a night for Travellers is Ore. Ofosu largely has been okay, however it was considered a dangerous portion of that road because of the high rate of robbery that do take place there. If you call Oluku (former toll gate) to Dawson in consequential, then Ofosu to Ore must be minute indeed and the FG should have reconstructed that portion within 18months! Alas, the PDP government have been it for we'll over 9years.

FYI Oshiomhole is not patch patching that portion of the road, instead He is expanding both sides to three lanes like He did on Sapele road.
Your comments about Ofosu still been rehabilitated just goes to show you know little to nothing of what you are commenting on. Dude like I said previously, you should be ashamed of yourself for singing praises of this leaking gravy train of a project. Abuja Minna road is far less an important road economically, yet that road is being reconstructed with two lanes and is almost nearing completion yet Benin Ore road is being patched patched with earthen works that would not last 10years.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
You better stay clear if you know nothing about this discuss! I know that road and the project too well like the back of my palms. The expansion work from Main gate at Uniben to Dawson road junction right on to Ediaken palace ground section is being done by Edo State government and not FG.

When Oshiomhole's government wanted to start the construction of that road, the wicked PDP wanted to play politics with it and sent the inglorious Godwin Abbey to tell the Edo State government to stop work on that road and that the FG was not interested in any repayment discussion to the Edo State government.

You should be ashamed of yourself for singing praises of the mediocre work done on that road despite the billions siphoned by this wicked and insane administration.
I think we shouldn't mistake Benin-Ore road for a 1 to 2km road. The road is massive, spanning over 262km. The road is definitely far better than what it was when Dieziani, the then minister of works under Yar Adua, cried at the road. The incumbent has done alot of work on the road.
Below is a report on the statement of the current minister of work on that road:
"The Benin-Ore-Shagamu highway is another project where we have achieved a major milestone in the past one year. The highway is 262.5km long. The contract for the reconstruction of the road project is being executed by Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited and Borini Prono& Company Nigeria Limited. Before the intervention on this road by President Jonathan's administration, Nigerians will recall how motorists spent over 9hours to travel from Benin to Lagos or vice versa. But, thank God today that the travel time has now been reduced to 4 hours or less even when the project is still ongoing. Works are almost completed at the Benin-Ofosu-Ore parts of the road where motorists hitherto suffered prolonged delays occasioned by perennial failed sections. A major part of the road has been asphalted and I receive phone calls from numerous Nigerians everyday expressing their appreciation over the works that have been carried out on the road"- Minister of works (July 2012).
Also recently (in October) contract was awarded to fix more sections of the Benin-Ore road and this was widely reported. The minister of works related the details of the contract as follows:
"the scope of work would include the complete reconstruction of Km 9 to Km 18 and Km 75 to Km 162 of the road at a total cost of N65billion.
When completed, the section would have three lanes on both carriageways".
He recalled that "the Phase I of the road, which is from Benin to Ofosu, was awarded in 2006 while the second phase from Ofosu to Ajebandele was awarded in 2010"
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/90767/1/achievements-of-the-federal-ministry-of-works-july.html
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/fg-awards-contract-to-complete-beninofosu-ore-ajebandele-shagamu-road/
Well if the governor of Edo constructed or is construction 1km or so of the road, kudos to him. But like I stated earlier, the Benin-Ore road is about 262km, and not 1 or 2km road

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

HEY! HEY!! You are a liar, a Chartered Certfied Liar (CCL). You see yourself now. That road has always been a dual carriage way, so when did they award a contract to turn parts to a dual carriage way? EHN, EHN? GTFOH!!!

Hehehehe..... Are you MADT?? grin grin

You are right though, the road was always a dual carriage way (My mistake). The new contract was meant to do RECONSTRUCTIONS of phase3 (phase 1 and phase 2 are the parts that are been completed now) of parts of the road and expand it TO 3-CARRIAGEWAYS.

And like I said previously, it is a diff contract from the REHABILITATION of certain sections of the road which given in 2006 i believe:

Succour is on the way for commuters on the Benin-Sagamu expressway as the Federal Executive Council yesterday approved the reconstruction of outstanding sections of Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Ajebandele-Shagamu expressway phase 111.

The contract which was awarded in the sum of N65,223,155,642.34 with a completion period of 36 months, according to Minister of Information Labaran Maku “will not only improve the socio-economic activities of the area, but will also reduce vehicle operating costs, travel time and accidents on the road”.

The Minister who was flanked by his colleagues, the Minister of Works, Mike Onomelemen and Minister of State for Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Olajumoke Akinjide, said the “outstanding sections of the road are in disrepair’ there is need to reconstruct them to ease traffic flow along the road.

He said when completed, the project will generate employment for Nigerians as well as impact positively on the informal sector of the economy.

Speaking on the project, Mr Onolememen said the scope of work would include the complete reconstruction of Km 9 to Km 18 and Km 75 to Km 162 of the road, adding that it would have three lanes on both carriage ways at the completion of the project[b][/b].

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fg-approves-contract-on-benin-sagamu-phase-3/
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

Mr Man, don't you get our point? Work has been going on on that road since 1999! It is still the same old story. For over 10 years now, RCC has been on that road.

This work e no dey finish? Na everyday we dey make "progress" on the road we have been on for over 10 years and still counting? Look for where I dey now, some parts of the M1 have been expanded with 3 lanes on both sides with hard shoulders, no noise about it. I no even remember when they started the project, all I know is that the road is wider now and I can drive smoothly on that road.

This our own rehabilitation no dey finish? We wan build am till Jesus come?

E don dey finish NOW..na im we dey try tell you.

Previously people sleep on that road but if you ply the road now, you would find that you will get to Lagos in about 3-4 hrs (and you would hardly see any of those many VERY FAILED sections)...na all these make we dey say the REHABILITATION of the road don dey FINISH now. Undastad??
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by awodman: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

That is progress according to PDP. The man there has to drive against on-coming traffic on a 100 km/hr highway with pot holes on it and he says progress.

This road Deziani 'cried' on it in 2007. This is 2013, PDP still dey construct the road with pot holes all over and it is progress according to them. Onitsha Owerri road was started in 2003 till today PDP is still on that road and it is progress, a good 10 years. As I speak to you now the Uli junction part of that road is nothing to write home about and it is progress. The Sagamu-Ore stretch of the Benin-Ore express road is fast fading yet they have not completed the Benin-Ore stretch and they are making progress. Even Abacha made better progress than this junk. In the South East and South South, Warri Patani road is nothing to write home about. Owerri to Okigwe nko, that one na forgotten since 1999. Ogoja to Abakailiki, tufiakwa, you wan die. Ikom to Calabar, dead! Aba to Owerri, PH to Owerri, Uyo to Aba, Owerri to Umuahia.

And PDP dey make progress. This progress means before we reach all the dilapidated roads in Nigeria, it will take us 2060. By then oil done dry finish, Jona and Ngozi go dey hell fire dey chop their N5 trillion.

All you shameless humans are a disgrace to humanity as you have no heart. May the souls of the dead on our highways continue to hunt you all wherever you go. ANIMALS!!!
I may not Ave plied benin-ore road but guy 4 Your info Aba-owerri road is smooth,ph-owerri is currently under construction and is @ bout 60% completion..I ply dis roads regularly..so don't come here n mk fallacies of hasty generalization

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I think we shouldn't mistake Benin-Ore road for a 1 to 2km road. The road is massive, spanning over 262km. The road is definitely far better than what it was when Dieziani, the then minister of works under Yar Adua, cried at the road. The incumbent has done alot of work on the road.
Below is a report on the statement of the current minister of work on that road:
"The Benin-Ore-Shagamu highway is another project where we have achieved a major milestone in the past one year. The highway is 262.5km long. The contract for the reconstruction of the road project is being executed by Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited and Borini Prono& Company Nigeria Limited. Before the intervention on this road by President Jonathan's administration, Nigerians will recall how motorists spent over 9hours to travel from Benin to Lagos or vice versa. But, thank God today that the travel time has now been reduced to 4 hours or less even when the project is still ongoing. Works are almost completed at the Benin-Ofosu-Ore parts of the road where motorists hitherto suffered prolonged delays occasioned by perennial failed sections. A major part of the road has been asphalted and I receive phone calls from numerous Nigerians everyday expressing their appreciation over the works that have been carried out on the road"- Minister of works (July 2012).
Also recently (in October) contract was awarded to fix more sections of the Benin-Ore road and this was widely reported. The minister of works related the details of the contract as follows:
"the scope of work would include the complete reconstruction of Km 9 to Km 18 and Km 75 to Km 162 of the road at a total cost of N65billion.
When completed, the section would have three lanes on both carriageways".
He recalled that "the Phase I of the road, which is from Benin to Ofosu, was awarded in 2006 while the second phase from Ofosu to Ajebandele was awarded in 2010"
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/90767/1/achievements-of-the-federal-ministry-of-works-july.html
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/fg-awards-contract-to-complete-beninofosu-ore-ajebandele-shagamu-road/
Well if the governor of Edo constructed or is construction 1km or so of the road, kudos to him. But like I stated earlier, the Benin-Ore road is about 262km, and not 1 or 2km road
Ofosu to Ore is how many KM? The major length of that road is Shagamu to Lagos and Oluku to Ofosu and like I said before, these sections of that road where in motor able conditions except for Ekiadolor section towards Benin. It is unbelievable to claim Oluku to Dawson is 1km stretch of road link. Do your simple maths okay? Driving at 80km/hr, speed =distance/time, then divide 1km by 80km/hr and tell the derived time is any where the time it takes to drive from Oluku to Dawson
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

As a pathological liar, I expect nothing less from you by the way. If I may educate you, the main portion of the Benin Lagos that has been a night for Travellers is Ore. Ofosu largely has been okay, however it was considered a dangerous portion of that road because of the high rate of robbery that do take place there. If you call Oluku (former toll gate) to Dawson in consequential, then Ofosu to Ore must be minute indeed and the FG should have reconstructed that portion within 18months! Alas, the PDP government have been it for we'll over 9years.

FYI Oshiomhole is not patch patching that portion of the road, instead He is expanding both sides to three lanes like He did on Sapele road.
Your comments about Ofosu still been rehabilitated just goes to show you know little to nothing of what you are commenting on. Dude like I said previously, you should be ashamed of yourself for singing praises of this leaking gravy train of a project. Abuja Minna road is far less an important road economically, yet that road is being reconstructed with two lanes and is almost nearing completion yet Benin Ore road is being patched patched with earthen works that would not last 10years.

@BOLD1: What is this thing you are yanning about the TINY Benin portion of this road for God's sake (it is VERY INCONSEQUENTIAL now cos of the bye-pass- it is now for all intents and purpose, just one of the many 'internal' roads WITHIN GREATER BENIN). And how is Oshiomohle turning it to a 3-carriage way? THAT IS A SILLY LIE. Guy, you are talking to someone who have spent most of his life in Benin- i passed tru that road almost every day when I was in school. That section of the road(esp the Ugbowo end) has always looked like a on-way route; Oshiomohle is only adding another lane to it, and that is not even for all the route- from Uselu market down to New Benin (or to Dawson) is still the 1-lane arrangement except for an expanded side-walk and drainage.
Count yur teeth more carefully next time before making any assertions here, k?

@BOLD2: So parts of Ofosu is not been rehabilitated now (almost finished though)?

@BOLD3: that you just said that the rehabilitated portions of the Benin-ore is just been 'patched with earthen work' simply means that I ought not to waste my time on you any longer....
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OsunOriginal: 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
PosCaricature :
I can only see the dashboard of a car and the sky. I can't see the expanded road in the pictures!

They are not expanding road, they are only patching pot holes to make the road passable for the eastern villages bound xmas travellers. Can't you see - about 2 tractors and 2 workers.

I have been cancelling all trips that requires plying lagos-ibadan express road because of the state of the road.

Some patriotic leaders build those roads. What is the problem with today's leaders? The paths are there already - just expand the roads and re-surface the entire old portion is now a problem. Nawa ooo.

Some village illiterates wil start praising the retardeen now for patching pot holes.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OmoTier1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
taharqa:

@BOLD1: What is this thing you are yanning about the TINY Benin portion of this road for God's sake (it is VERY INCONSEQUENTIAL now cos of the bye-pass- it is now for all intents and purpose, just one of the many 'internal' roads WITHIN GREATER BENIN). And how is Oshiomohle turning it to a 3-carriage way? THAT IS A SILLY LIE. Guy, you are talking to someone who have spent most of his life in Benin- i passed tru that road almost every day when I was in school. That section of the road(esp the Ugbowo end) has always looked like a on-way route; Oshiomohle is only adding another lane to it, and that is not even for all the route- from Uselu market down to New Benin (or to Dawson) is still the 1-lane arrangement except for an expanded side-walk and drainage.
Count yur teeth more carefully next time before making any assertions here, k?

@BOLD2: So parts of Ofosu is not been rehabilitated now (almost finished though)?

@BOLD3: that you just said that the rehabilitated portions of the Benin-ore is just been 'patched with earthen work' simply means that I ought not to waste my time on you any longer....

FYI, majority of the travellers to Warri, Asaba, go through Benin City itself and not by-pass, so your claim is absolutely falsehood. From Main gate at Uniben to Dawson road will have three lanes like Sapele road hence the demolition of houses on both sides of the road. The overall plan is the outer lane will be used to connect Federal medical stores road and other axis off the highway.

Anyone who have pass through the rehabilitated portion of that road would confirm exactly what I said about the road being rehabilitated with earthen works. Apart from the section at ore where you have those food joints, all other sectios did not have their core base shored up with rocks like yo would find them do in gwagwalada in Abuja!

The end of the matter is this; that road rehabilitation is not nothing worth celebrating and not worth even calling an achievement! You do not celebrate a child that fail school sat 5 times and got only a D in the sixth attempt! Oh we'll maybe in PDP they do
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by OsunOriginal: 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
FYI, majority of the travellers to Warri, Asaba, go through Benin City itself and not by-pass, so your claim is absolutely falsehood. From Main gate at Uniben to Dawson road will have three lanes like Sapele road hence the demolition of houses on both sides of the road. The overall plan is the outer lane will be used to connect Federal medical stores road and other axis off the highway.

Anyone who have pass through the rehabilitated portion of that road would confirm exactly what I said about the road being rehabilitated with earthen works. Apart from the section at ore where you have those food joints, all other sectios did not have their core base shored up with rocks like yo would find them do in gwagwalada in Abuja!

The end of the matter is this; that road rehabilitation is not nothing worth celebrating and not worth even calling an achievement! You do not celebrate a child that fail school sat 5 times and got only a D in the sixth attempt! Oh we'll maybe in PDP they do

They do in PDP - patching pot holes is achievement to them. If they dont celebrate pot hole patching, which other thing can they celebrate? Stupid fooooooooooooooooooools.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by kutchs: 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

Mr man shut your dirty mouth up and go feed your lies to someone else. I travel around the SS and SE a lot when I'm in Nigeria. To the deepest roads you never knew existed, I will tell you their state at the moment. Now GTFOH!!!
initially I didnt want to comment on this thread but when I saw ur lies especially on the Ogoja-Abakiliki rd I was moved.
To put the recods straight so that u dont deceive the ever present gullible on nairaland that road that stretches over 70km from Mbok Junction 2gh yala nd Ezeilo to Abakiliki was just completed few months ago and is one of the best motorable rds in Nig 2day. From Mbok 2gh Ikom to Calabar I havent been on so cant talk about. From Abakiliki to Afikpo to Okigwe is also so good that u can even close ur eyes and drive on. Abakiliki to Enugu is being worked on as we type.
Aba-Owerri up to Owerrinta has been worked on. Owerri-PH rd 2gh Elele and Igwurunta is being worked on (I was on the rd 2 days ago). Okigwe-Owerri up to Amaraku is great.
So Sir I dont know what u‘re talking about oh! Wait a minute you dont stay in the country am not surprised.
When you FOOls come on nairaland with ur lies u believe pple dont see 2gh them dont you?

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by jmaine: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
kutchs: initially I didnt want to comment on this thread but when I saw ur lies especially on the Ogoja-Abakiliki rd I was moved.
To put the recods straight so that u dont deceive the ever present gullible on nairaland that road that stretches over 70km from Mbok Junction 2gh yala nd Ezeilo to Abakiliki was just completed few months ago and is one of the best motorable rds in Nig 2day. From Mbok 2gh Ikom to Calabar I havent been on so cant talk about. From Abakiliki to Afikpo to Okigwe is also so good that u can even close ur eyes and drive on. Abakiliki to Enugu is being worked on as we type.
Aba-Owerri up to Owerrinta has been worked on. Owerri-PH rd 2gh Elele and Igwurunta is being worked on (I was on the rd 2 days ago). Okigwe-Owerri up to Amaraku is great.
So Sir I dont know what u‘re talking about oh! Wait a minute you dont stay in the country am not surprised.
When you FOOls come on nairaland with ur lies u believe pple dont see 2gh them dont you?

I was also scared seeing the mongrel mention Ogoja - Abakaliki road . . .Lies surely do flow freely on nairaland embarassed
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Any person going to Asaba or (Onitsha for that matter) and decides to go through Benin itself (Ikpoba hill road) doeen't know what he is doing esp if he is coming from Benin-Ore- the bye-pass links directly to Benin-Asaba-Onitsha road without having to pass through Benin itself. You are right on Warri though- if you are on the Benin-Ore road, passing through Benin via Sapele road to Benin-Warri road is the best bet; BUT most of the traffic on Benin-Ore is towards Benin-Asaba-Onitsha anyways.
FYI, there is NO 3-lane road anywhere WITHIN Benin. Shee, your interpretation of a 3-lane road is 3 lanes on either side , (making it 6), right? Then there is NONE in Benin. Ugbowo-Dawson (through Urubi) has already been expanded, and IT IS NOT A 3-LANE ROAD.

Keep sayig that the rehabilitated sections of the Benin-Ore road is 'earthen work' if it helps you sleep this night....
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by bashydemy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Please what is the state of this road from Shagamu to Ore junction? its been over 7yrs since i visit that state and i really need to go see my mom and my old pals in Ondo town i swear.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ballabriggs: 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
kutchs: initially I didnt want to comment on this thread but when I saw ur lies especially on the Ogoja-Abakiliki rd I was moved.

You are a liar, a big liar!!! Which Owerri to Okigwe? The one I drove on in October? Abakailiki to Ogoja, that road has been on as far back as 2005 when I first went to Obudu and I was on that road in October and still saw the same job still going on. So when did they complete it?

Now mess out of here you lying scum!!!

Now this is your Owerri Okigwe road in the photo. One of the "two best roads in Nigeria" according to you. Well it may be true because with PDP anything is possible. This is the Okigwe end O. From Akabo to Iho is another terrible part of that road. In fact a motion was said to have been moved by my old friend, Bethel Nnaemeka Amadi, on this same road in the house, so what are you going on about?

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by luluosas(m): 1:26am On Dec 27, 2012
I hope it will be completed this time around.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ocelot2006(m): 2:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Please show this to the Anti-GEJ group here on NL.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Noblechyk: 2:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Shaggyfreshfish: At last! When dia flights r crashing, y wont they fix it? After all na substandard materials dem de use sef. Mtcheeeuuwwww!
Nigeria will progress wether u like it or not.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ocelot2006(m): 2:44am On Dec 27, 2012
ballabriggs:

Wow!! Hold it right there! Ogoja-Abakaliki road bad?! BLOODY LIE!! Whenever I travel back to Jalingo from PH, I tend to use that route sometimes, and I say without any iota of doubt that stretch of road is one of the best and smoothest. So quit the lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People / Ekiti PDP Rejects Olujimi, Restores Fayose As Leader / My Assets As PMB And Vice Have Declared Asset Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.