Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu (9429 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by MegaMan2020: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Kewt: Very tragic considering the impact this news will have on other [b]Nigerians living in diaspora who may have plans to come back to Nigeria [/b]to invest or settle down to contribute favourably to our GDP.

Well, kidnapping, armed robbery, rape, bunkery et al.. are symptoms of a failed state where leaders fail to provide basic provisions for it's citizenry and growing youth population.

A case of sitting on a time bomb! This can only be the begining!

Maybe you mean IGBOS living in the diaspora. Yorubas all over the diaspora never have problems stepping back into Yorubaland. i should know seeing as I'm one of th returnees after living in London for three years. Don't label it a "Nigerian" problem when it's only the Easterners that are behind the mischief. it's a Biafra problem and should be labelled as such.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by joyli: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Its so sad that some people's concience are dead!
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by geekinthelead: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Maybe you mean IGBOS living in the diaspora. Yorubas all over the diaspora never have problems stepping back into Yorubaland. i should know seeing as I'm one of th returnees after living in London for three years. Don't label it a "Nigerian" problem when it's only the Easterners that are behind the mischief. it's a Biafra problem and should be labelled as such.

Nonsense.. you can not classify yourself as a returnee after only 3 years abroad... At best you are a failed refugee.. grin go siddon make I see road pass.. yoruba ko, yoruba ni... tongue eko wey e don baje finish.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by BUSHMAN1: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
oh! hell no! and they are advicing us to come home and help build the country? now look what happened to this guy, if he was still in the US he would still be alive, there is no way i am going back to nigeria, in the near future,
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Kwezeonu
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Sprumbaba: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Billyonaire: He was asked, where is the money ? and he pleaded not to be killed. Meaning he duped someone....and the cost of the money is his phucking life.
Who was there when they asked " where is the money"? Was it the dead body that has been shot?
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Sprumbaba: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
UncleJJ: What do you think will happen, if the east ever gets this Biafra !!!!!!! grin
[size=15pt]ANARCHY.[/size]
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by LocalChamp: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
Robbers kill U.S returnee in Enugu
Posted by: Chris Oji Posted date: December 27, 2012 In: News Update

Robbers on Boxing Day shot dead a man who came back from the United States to celebrate the Christmas with his family.

[/b]The robbers, two in number, were said to have trailed the man whose name was given as Bernard Ogbonnaya Edoga from a bureau de change where he made some financial transactions.[b]

He was shot in the house of a relation in Mgboko Aku in Igboetiti local council of Enugu State.

The victim was said to have branched into the relations house to drop some Christmas presents when the two gunmen shot him.

The gunmen made away with all the money in his possession and some documents, including his international passport.

Although the amount taken away from him was not known, it was disclosed to be a large sum.

Spokesman for Enugu State police command, Ebere Amaraizu said the police had commenced full investigation into the killing.

According to Amaraizu, the victim was rushed to the nearby Attah Memorial Hospital, Aku where he was confirmed dead, while the body was deposited at the hospital’s mortuary.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/robbers-kill-u-s-returnee-in-enugu/
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by babymama3: 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
This is just so sad
People are so very wicked
A father and a husband is not coming back home
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by donchris369: 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
baby_mama: This is just so sad
People are so very wicked
A father and a husband is not coming back home
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by geeez: 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
LocalChamp: Robbers kill U.S returnee in Enugu
Posted by: Chris Oji Posted date: December 27, 2012 In: News Update

Robbers on Boxing Day shot dead a man who came back from the United States to celebrate the Christmas with his family.

[/b]The robbers, two in number, were said to have trailed the man whose name was given as Bernard Ogbonnaya Edoga from a bureau de change where he made some financial transactions.[b]

He was shot in the house of a relation in Mgboko Aku in Igboetiti local council of Enugu State.

The victim was said to have branched into the relations house to drop some Christmas presents when the two gunmen shot him.

The gunmen made away with all the money in his possession and some documents, including his international passport.

Although the amount taken away from him was not known, it was disclosed to be a large sum.

Spokesman for Enugu State police command, Ebere Amaraizu said the police had commenced full investigation into the killing.

According to Amaraizu, the victim was rushed to the nearby Attah Memorial Hospital, Aku where he was confirmed dead, while the body was deposited at the hospital’s mortuary.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/robbers-kill-u-s-returnee-in-enugu/

I was gonna ask why he didn't opt for any of the several electronic channels to execute his financial transactions but then I just remembered he would have been forced to make a cash demand if he's kidnapped anyway. Something guys in that part of Nigeria are notorious for
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by babymama3: 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
geeez:

I was gonna ask why he didn't opt for any of the several electronic channels to execute his financial transactions but then I just remembered he would have been forced to make a cash demand if he's kidnapped anyway. Something guys in that part of Nigeria are notorious for

Seun should make attempts to ban IPs of riff raffs like you whenever posts like these are reported
I don't know why this is taking so long to implement
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
baby_mama:

Seun should make attempts to ban IPs of riff raffs like you whenever posts like these are reported

Osisi how far,

You remember me? How about your other monicker? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Slynonny(m): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
We only live once and that's the end thing.
Rest In Peace Is Hard 2 Say....
May ur soul rest in peace
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by cecegorz(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Billyonaire: I think you are scared. Likely you are one of those guys who dupe others.
Scared of Internet Tigers like you right?
Nah. Read my signature again, It's not a Cliche.
It's only a vainglorious person that will reason the way you did after reading clearly that the bandits trailed the guy from a BDC where he just finished trxns.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by MegaMan2020: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
geekinthelead:

Nonsense.. you can not classify yourself as a returnee after only 3 years abroad... At best you are a failed refugee.. grin go siddon make I see road pass.. yoruba ko, yoruba ni... tongue eko wey e don baje finish.. undecided

Actually I'm a returnee. I missed home too much. Nigerians on Nairaland always complain about Nigeria (as do the diasporans who have never set foot in Nigeria) but I love my country. It's my home. I was home sick and came back. Lets be honest though. Igbos in the diaspora find it hard to come back because they're at risk at getting kidnapped/killed in the East. You and I both know it' th truth. Yorubas don't have to deal with the rubbish because the SW is safer than the East. There's a reason there are so many Igbos living outside of Igboland.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by babymama3: 1:15am On Dec 28, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Maybe you mean IGBOS living in the diaspora. Yorubas all over the diaspora never have problems stepping back into Yorubaland. i should know seeing as I'm one of the returnees after living in London for three years. grin grin Don't label it a "Nigerian" problem when it's only the Easterners that are behind the mischief. it's a Biafra problem and should be labelled as such.

Our good friend's husband was murdered in Nigeria on a trip so please be silent.
He had gone home ahead of them then returned to take them home,few months later he was gone
Right in his own state in the SW,he was gunned down
She is now a widow and her children are fatherless
You don't know tomorrow do you?
Thank God you are alive and don't beat your puny chest

Deported from London after 3 years you mean? grin grin grin
We know about you Brixton dwellers washing plates in dingy Restaurants and jumping off windows when the police come a knocking,seems like the police got lucky grin
Na today

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by emiye(m): 1:44am On Dec 28, 2012
Billyonaire: He was asked, where is the money ? and he pleaded not to be killed. Meaning he duped someone....and the cost of the money is his phucking life.

Your reasoning is so archaic.... chai shocked shocked.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Gboliwe: 3:13am On Dec 28, 2012
Billyonaire: There is love between me and non-criminal Nigerians. I gave someone I know and called friend funds to help ship me 2 trucks and the fucker collected all my funds and changed phone lines and this is 2 bloody years and am waiting. Only God forgives, I dont.
What if you die before him naturally?
What if he actually kills you first?
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by stantob(m): 5:56am On Dec 28, 2012
I can get the message.You need to be a Mafia to return to Nigeria,to avoid been killed by gun men.This is very sad.Very very sad.R.I.P my brother.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by geeez: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2012
stantob: I can get the message.You need to be a Mafia to return to Nigeria,to avoid been killed by gun men.This is very sad.Very very sad.R.I.P my brother.

Point of correction. You need to be a mafia to return to Igboland

Each time I travel and return, no one attacks me and everyone I know that visits the SW is never attacked as well
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by ifebosco: 9:45am On Dec 28, 2012
ogb5:

this type of ideology is why people should avoid taking money from any Nigerian.

you gave someone you call a friend money. you couldn't reach him again so you concluded he duped you. do you know if he ran into other difficulties?

the next time you see him and he is not with your millions on the spot you will kill him.

the dud might be dead, he might be in jail, he might be in coma, he might have honestly lost your money and does not have it and does not know how to face you. these options did not cross your mind. you concluded he duped you. and should die.
why not send message to him??or even phone him
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by amandadgdfg: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2012

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by geeez: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

So should he ban my IP and then I sell my iPad to another nairalander nko? Very few brain cells in your head are working dirty thing calling me a riff raff. As if you've not displayed your rascality on almost every thread you clicked open.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by ak47mann(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
NigeriaNewsdes­k: MTN Nigeria has announced it is shutting its offices in Kano and Kaduna, after insurgents attacked its installations and that of Airtel.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will Become Of NIGERIA If SS And SE Unite And Breakout Of Nigeria? / FG Sues Agip, Total For $635m Over Undeclared Cargoes / BREAKING:FBI Confirms To EFCC That Tinubu Did Not Attend Chicago University(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.