Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? (21339 Views)

UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card / Need Info About UBA Africard / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by onatisi(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
i need someone to help me load my africard in nigeria .
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by princeuk21(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2013
onatisi: i need someone to help me load my africard in nigeria .
contact me I can help u out
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
onatisi: i need someone to help me load my africard in nigeria .
Don't u have relatives or family members in nigeria?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by princeuk21(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
oseiwe:
yes
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by onatisi(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
oseiwe:
wonderful question ,yes i do have friends and relative but if i tell u how much i have lost through those people ,u wont believe it.i have decided not to have anything to do woth them but having thought about this idea i think i am still back to square one.i will think about the whole thing again i undertand ur fears for me and i think they are very very valid .thank you
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by princeuk21(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
onatisi:
wonderful question ,yes i do have friends and relative but if i tell u how much i have lost through those people ,u wont believe it.i have decided not to have anything to do woth them but having thought about this idea i think i am still back to square one.i will think about the whole thing again i undertand ur fears for me and i think they are very very valid .thank you
as I said yes I can help you who knows where we shall meet tomorrow? If u need my help let me know.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by onatisi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
princeuk21: as I said yes I can help you who knows where we shall meet tomorrow? If u need my help let me know.
ok i will send u a pm
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Herdeoye(m): 10:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
arbitrage: May be you should check what error message you are getting on Aliexpress because if your vbv is truly successful, there should be no problem using your card on Aliexpress, since you have been using it there before the vbv process. More so, the vbv code/password will only be required from you when you are buying from a site that subcribes to Verified by Visa and/or Mastercard Secure Code program. Any other site (that is not part of vbv) should go successfully without using vbv.
the error am getting is "security check failed"
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Herdeoye(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Has anyone tried using Access Bank Visa card on aliexpress? I want to know if it works now
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by bukahands(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2013
onatisi:
pls can someone pls confirm to me whether it is true that i will be charged 1050,when withdrawing from an atm outside nigeria with africard?

Yes its 1050 for international withdrawals, the 1000 for international withdrawal on most oda naija master and visa cards like the GTB mastercard. Although GTB dollar visa card cost $3.50 for international withdrawals
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by panpan(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2013
S.GRACE:
The Visa Card (UBA) is a good option for receiving online payment. You can withdraw directly from any ATM nation wide.

How do you receive online payment with the UBA Visa card?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by laureldeu: 9:53am On Jun 04, 2013
danielng: Good day all,

WE have talked much about UBA Africard on this forum. UBA Africard id the bomb! when it comes to online funding and receiving your earnings directly from the source you funded your account (for online businesses). I used various Zenith Bank cards and the Skye Bank prepaid visa card, and have come to conclusion the UBA Visa Africard is da best.

Good luck.

pls Daniel can you help me send the soccer betting to nigerianforums@gmail.com.thank you
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Akabay(m): 9:00am On Jun 06, 2013
Adetayo100: How long does it take to get a personalized uba visa africard cos i apply for one in osogbo branch since monday and i've not recieved my card. The y keep telling me to check back. Am tired and i need the card urgently. Which other bank issues visa card?
Hi @Op why can't you try Access Bank Visa, so u're 4rm Osun tiwan tiwa, am also living around Osogbo, Osun A Dara! For d first instance why re u going for personalized card whn Non-personalized serve d same purpose nd u get it the same of ur application, shalom!
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by remmyz(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2013
Are you CFO,Head of Finance/Chief Accountant
of your company?Join Zenith Bank at a FREE
seminar.12 June 2013, Eko
Hotel. ayo@intermarc-ng.com
www.cardatmandmobilexpo.com
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by freshcvv(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pls guys, can the normal gtb debit mastercard be used on international websites? My naira gtb card is attached to my savings account.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
freshcvv: Pls guys, can the normal gtb debit mastercard be used on international websites? My naira gtb card is attached to my savings account.
YES, it can use.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by freshcvv(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
Tonjeola1:
YES, it can use.

Thank you, so it can work just like the other cards being talked about on this thread?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ok blw d Access bank card n the UBA africard whch can u use to transfer money in dollars into someone elses account 2ru internet banking with the normal exchange rate n can b funded also thru any other bank acct./ and I also read dat d charges on UBA africard is much compared to Access...pls! I need answrs!
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
freshcvv:

Thank you, so it can work just like the other cards being talked about on this thread?
YES it work like other cards on any sites where there is mastercard logo
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 10, 2013
beatbug: Ok blw d Access bank card n the UBA africard whch can u use to transfer money in dollars into someone elses account 2ru internet banking with the normal exchange rate n can b funded also thru any other bank acct./ and I also read dat d charges on UBA africard is much compared to Access...pls! I need answrs!
any help plsss
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by princeuk21(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
beatbug: any help plsss
you question e get as e be , but just go for access card its ok and better than aficard
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2013
princeuk21: you question e get as e be , but just go for access card its ok and better than aficard
the thing is I wanna transfer some cash into ma cousins aCct. And its a dorm. Acct. ,now inside GTB,access and africard whch 1 fit allow such transfers
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by princeuk21(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
beatbug: the thing is I wanna transfer some cash into ma cousins aCct. And its a dorm. Acct. ,now inside GTB,access and africard whch 1 fit allow such transfers
oya go the bank go ask them your questions. (if you are ready go for GTB) finish!
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Rbv2: 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
i have been asked severally to go for a new africard that mine would expire june 30.has anyone recieved these texts?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by arbitrage: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
beatbug: the thing is I wanna transfer some cash into ma cousins aCct. And its a dorm. Acct. ,now inside GTB,access and africard whch 1 fit allow such transfers

Whichever of them you choose, you can only transfer to your cousin's dom account from a dom account source. So if your Gtb, Access or Africard accounts are not funded in foreign currencies, you cannot transfer to your cousin's dom.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
arbitrage:

Whichever of them you choose, you can only transfer to your cousin's dom account from a dom account source. So if your Gtb, Access or Africard accounts are not funded in foreign currencies, you cannot transfer to your cousin's dom.
yea, I made my enquiries because I waited long ago no replies....dis dom accts, d stress of changin frm d black market and goin to fund d dom is jus nt swt...I wish one cld jus fund directly frm anoda naira acct wit d normal exchange rate
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
beatbug: yea, I made my enquiries because I waited long ago no replies....dis dom accts, d stress of changin frm d black market and goin to fund d dom is jus nt swt...I wish one cld jus fund directly frm anoda naira acct wit d normal exchange rate
It will work, as far a friend tranfer cash into my naira saving account with GTB from uk thru internet bank, go to d bank and make enquiry
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by arbitrage: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tonjeola1:
It will work, as far a friend tranfer cash into my naira saving account with GTB from uk thru internet bank, go to d bank and make enquiry

i guess you didn't get his question. he was not asking of the possibility of receiving fund into naira account from foreign country. of course anyone in any bank can receive that. you can even send abroad to any foreign account from your naira account at your bank's prevailing market rate, e.g. when paying school fees abroad from here.

but his question is about transferring from naira account to domiciliary account here without using any bdc naira to dollar cash conversion medium first. i wouldn't know of anyone or bank that offers such except my coded self.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
arbitrage:

i guess you didn't get his question. he was not asking of the possibility of receiving fund into naira account from foreign country. of course anyone in any bank can receive that. you can even send abroad to any foreign account from your naira account at your bank's prevailing market rate, e.g. when paying school fees abroad from here.

but his question is about transferring from naira account to domiciliary account here without using any bdc naira to dollar cash conversion medium first. i wouldn't know of anyone or bank that offers such except my coded self.
He should make enquiry at banks, to save time.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
arbitrage:

Am still waiting...i want show me to use visa card to verify payza or if u ve any thread where u treat such, pls drop d link here for me. thanks.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
arbitrage:

God bless u my brother....pls what do you mean by the bolden above.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by arbitrage: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tonjeola1:
Am still waiting...i want show me to use visa card to verify payza or if u ve any thread where u treat such, pls drop d link here for me. thanks.

i wish him good luck and hope the bank helps him.

i thought i explained to you how i verified my payza with visa card. i actually verified my old US alertpay account with mastercard before payza took over, disallowed mastercard and approving only visa card. the account is still working and verified in status anyway.

later i opened another nigerian payza account and verified it with uba visa africard. by that time, i have not known how to fund africard without visiting uba banking hall. since i usually don't have much funds in the africard, i decided to add my union bank visa card, in which i have fund.

to add the union visa, it has to be verified. part of the verification steps will take you through the verified by visa page (analogous to mastercard securecode). though i was thinking that i will wait till my card transaction history or statement will show me how much payza deducted from my card before i can then proceed to verify it. surprisingly, it was on that vbv page, where i was required to enter my vbv code in order to authorize payza deduction, that i saw the exact amount as displayed by valucard plc, the nigerian subsidiary of visa international. so i just authorized the deduction with my vbv code and straightway entered payza again to confirm the amount deducted. that made my verification process almost instant, just with minutes.

note that the same scenario played out for my payoneer to paypal verification, within minutes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market / Court Sets Date For Aderinokun’s Daughter’s Suit Against Gtbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.