Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Is She A Cheating Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She A Cheating Partner? (1054 Views)

Can You Forgive A Cheating Partner? / Advice On Best Way To Treat A Cheating Partner / Cheating Partner: Do I Confront Him Or Walk Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yesterday i logged in to my page on fb and i decided to check my girlfriend's fb page.In one of her comments,she wrote'happy birthday LOVE' on one of her male friend on fb wall.I pose this to u nairalanders,is she cheating on me and how can i confront her on this issue
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by CrazyMan(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
What you're feeling is normal! Any person in your situation would be feeling the same way.

If I was dating a girl who would openly point out how madly she's in love with another guy, it'd bother me as well.

IMO...I feel she's probably doing it to make you jealous in a way.

Most girls constantly need reassurance that their boyfriend is still interested in them and cares...one of such is to create an atmosphere that would make you realize how much they mean to you should you loose them.

A typical example is what you've just experienced.

Also, It could be that she has left you for good and has actually found some else.

If I were you, I'd try to calmly talk to her about it and let her know that you don't like how it makes you feel...It's not fair for you to have to see that post all the time and I know if you were doing it to her it'd bother her eventually too. Talking to her about it is the best thing you can do

Her reply should determine your next line of action...good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Thanks boss,i would speak to her softly
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hw dos that qualify as cheating?
Nawah 4 u..
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by omega25red(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
poster

"love" is an expression that some people use. Besides her fb page is visible to you so why would she post an obvious message like that if she already knows that you will find out?
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
But in this concept,it wasnt to a relation,it was to a male friend that was a bit older than her
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterjosh: But in this concept,it wasnt to a relation,it was to a male friend that was a bit older than her

Are u for real?
So u mean she can't use such expression to any other aside her relatives!
Guy grow up joor,dis is 2012.

1 Like

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by omega25red(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
well then ask her. Note that if you do, you will loose some power in that relationship and she will see you as an insecure person.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by bukit05(f): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
It doesn't mean she is cheating cos I can do d same. It is something I use for both my male and female friends.

1 Like

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okay,i understand wella now maybe it wasnt what i was thinking
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by 2goodbobo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
That is not enough concrete evidence to prove she is cheating on you. Calm down cos both males and females use such romantic names this days without actually meaning they are having an affair.

No crime in asking her to know why she used such reference!

1 Like

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by aburoburo(f): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Happy birthday hun, love, boo, etc...very harmless in my opinion.
OP please relax wink

1 Like

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by 2sexy(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
OP girls do this all the time. It is almost their nature. I wont blame you cos I was like that before but I have grown to understand their nature.

It is in this same vein that a guy would automatically assunme that a girl is tripping for him just because she uses those words, which in most cases is just an ordinary friendly gesture.

Why not give your girlfriend time and observe her. I wouldnt advices that you even discuss this with her because she will perceive you as being jealous and that you dont trust her. Girls dont like it when a guy is jealous. It is also obvious that this is he first time you have noticed this from her or do you have any other allegations against her?

If possible mix with other girls and play with them too. Nothing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by CrazyMan(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
aburoburo: Happy birthday hun, love, boo, etc...very harmless in my opinion.
OP please relax wink
Its harmless when you aren't dating anyone. It becomes harmful when you're in a serious relationship...

If you love and respect your spouse, then you'll eliminate every suspicion in that relationship and would work towards making him proud of you.

If my girl posts such thing, I would immediately call her and ask her who that guy is. Cos such post is like a insult to me.

Its ok to wish a member of the opposite sex a happy birthday...but the moment the love word comes in, then something is definitely going on between them.

Cos from experience, no Nigerian girl would refer to you as her "love" if nothing is going on between you two...I would suggest that you monitor her and know exactly what she's up to.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its harmless when you aren't dating anyone. It becomes harmful when you're in a serious relationship...

If you love and respect your spouse, then you'll eliminate every suspicion in that relationship and would work towards making him proud of you.

If my girl posts such thing, I would immediately call her and ask her who that guy is. Cos such post is like a insult to me.

Its ok to wish a member of the opposite sex a happy birthday...but the moment the love word comes in, then something is definitely going on between them.

Cos from experience, no Nigerian girl would refer to you as her "love" if nothing is going on between you two...I would suggest that you monitor her and know exactly what she's up to.
Thats very true,its not a matter of grown up or not,i guess maybe that was too hard a fly word to use especially in the African context.I am really confused it might be a joke or not
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by 2sexy(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterjosh: Thats very true,its not a matter of grown up or not,i guess maybe that was too hard a fly word to use especially in the African context.I am really confused it might be a joke or not
bro... i feel your pain. You are trying to be careful so that you dont end up messing up if you found out that she has nothing with the guy and if that really happens, you will be the one to lose.

So I want to pose the question to you: Have you ever suspected any foul play from your girlfriend apart from this? Please be sincere to everyone here.

Then we can proceed to the next stage.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
No,but its a distant relationship
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by 2sexy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterjosh: No,but its a distant relationship
distance? how far?
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
2sexy: distance? how far?
Lokoja to Delta and it has been quite a while we've seen eachother lets say nearly 4years now
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by 2sexy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
ah ah aha ah bro.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked just forget it long distance relationship is no go area. NO NO NO.
Peterjosh: Lokoja to Delta and it has been quite a while we've seen eachother lets say nearly 4years now
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by CrazyMan(m): 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Peterjosh: Lokoja to Delta and it has been quite a while we've seen eachother lets say nearly 4years now
This explains why she referred to another guy as my love. I can place a bet that she and the guy she referred to as my love share the same location.

Since you obviously weren't physically present to give her the love and care she needs, she sourced out and found someone who fitted perfectly in your shoes.

My advice is that if you want to be happy in life, stay away from distance relationship.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Okay thanks,i'd try to confront her formally so as to get to the root of this
CrazyMan:
This explains why she referred to another guy as my love. I can place a bet that she and the guy she referred to as my love share the same location.

Since you obviously weren't physically present to give her the love and care she needs, she sourced out and found someone who fitted perfectly in your shoes.

My advice is that if you want to be happy in life, stay away from distance relationship.

Good luck.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
I think it depends on the kind of gal u're dealing with. Is it only this guy dt she uses such words for? If she calls almost evribody arnd her with such names, den, it's no big deal but if it's a particular person, then, maybe u shld look into it.

Looking @ d situation from anoda perspective, i don't think d relationship is dt serious if u pple have not seen each other for 4 years nd u're both in Nigeria. So, probably, d young lady has decided to move on, i suggest u do same.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by Exponental(m): 12:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Love, dear, my love, honey are mere compliments......seeing such doesnt mean she cheats, do ur homework.
BTW, invoking her privacy is killing urself silently.
Re: Is She A Cheating Partner? by True2myself24(f): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2012
Talk about some mad insecurity.

(1) (Reply)

Help With This Please, Nairalanders. / Most Girls Relationships Goes Like This.... / Can This Be Love:woman Set To Marry Same Man Who Jilted Her At The Alter Thrice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.