Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! (8064 Views)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2012
J12:

I pity y'all. Gooluck in your search for a western mugu.

Hehehe grin
Save the pity for the man with $48m less. *winks*
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by topmostg: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
divorce tins after marriage na big business for non-african women. No wonder most of these black rappers (snoop dog,ice cube etc) dont go for whites. Where the money wey i go take settle u after divorce? abeg make i go with my race jor..
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2012
topmostg: divorce tins after marriage na big business for non-african women. No wonder most of these black rappers (snoop dog,ice cube etc) dont go for whites. Where the money wey i go take settle u after divorce? abeg make i go with my race jor..

What about Nas.........?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by topmostg: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What about Nas.........?
i was hoping u culd tell me. Wat abt him? Like i said. 'most of these black rappers' i neva said all of'em.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2012
topmostg: i was hoping u culd tell me. Wat abt him? Like i said. 'most of these black rappers' i neva said all of'em.

Do you still want me to tell you?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2012
lol paid
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by NEROSKY(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2012
Moral of the news; Rich people should force or lure their wife to be Sign Prenupt before marriage.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by topmostg: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

shocked sure, mate.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by emmatok(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2012
la furia: wife file divorce, husband pays huge fine, husband files divorce, the husband still pays huge fines.... well even though they lose big sum of money, they are still wealthy.

The man always lose in the west.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 11:30am On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama: For her role as a faithful companion for 29 years and a wife for 19 years who bore him 2 beautiful children
She deserves every red cent of that 48 million a year settlement.
God has buttered her bread mightily
If na poor man it will be her loss,she will move out with a Ghana must go
Now that she hit it big,people are condemning her
Can he replenish the invaluable support she gave him for 29 solid years?
The wear and tear on her body let alone her soul
I think not
Imagine offering her ordinary 5 million a year,chicken change when she knows what they are worth
Thank God for powerful lawyers
He decided to cheat ,she left and left with a fat check,let him deal with it and thank his stars,it could have been worse
Let her live out her years in the wealth she is accustomed to,it is not her fault o jare

SHe only got what is rightfully hers in a marriage that he destroyed.

What is faithful and what makes you think she was faithful?

How do you know her support was invaluable? And how did you conclude he found her support invaluable? Are you saying she did something that another woman/set of women could not do for Berlusconi, she did it better or that he could not do without her support? Who supported who, the billionaire or the talika (church-rat)? Who's support would be more invaluable: the billionaire or the talika? So if her support was more invaluable how come he is not hold on to it but she wants to hold on to his? So has Berlusconi died or lost his wealth when she took back her 'invaluable support'? If not, why do you term it as invaluable? Was that senseless, illogical feminist English vocabulary?

What about the wear and tear on his body and mentality from arguments and the illogicality like yours that she gave him for 29 years? You think women are sane?

"She knows what 'they' are worth"? .......THEY? .......How 'they'? ..............What is she worth? What work did she do? She go school?

So what if she cheated? Would she pay him too?

baby_mama:

Who told you it is his money?
They were married legally not kwara ngida
In marriage the wealth is joint
The liability is joint
There is no his money ,her money ,the law sees it as their money
It is their money and she got her rightful share of it by a legal court procedure
Period

You think this is Africa where a man will marry a second wife and chase the first wife with a broom,seizing her kids sef

What rubbish!

So how come the debt of people are not shared in most Western divorce cases except it is made in joint names?

Their money my black arsse. Can she make billions or even millions without the stuff between her legs?

baby_mama:

Well the court has spoken and he did not contest it so the law ruled fairly
There was a Yoruba man that tried the same nonsense you advocate by attempting to divorce his wife in nigeria when they lived in London and true true the legal system gave her pittance then she sued him in London and got half including equity from the property they had in London cool cool
The law works in civilized societies you know

Yeah, in 'civilised' societies is where a male should not be able to keep his own possessions and the woman is given the right to legalised theft.

Marriage in the West is now basically a means by which a man can be legally abused and stripped of his self worth, followed by state approved theft and mass abduction of children. No wonder men in civilised countries are now rejecting marriage because of their 'civilised' laws.

Marriage offers NOTHING to men that they can't get in any non-married relationship.

Civilised gan ni! (Real civilised) grin

Women don't understand the meaning of fair. I have said it several times, they are the most selfish thing you can come across. grin Any mumu should bury his head in the sand about such blatant fact, not me.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2012
slimyem: This kind of divorce laws should be introduced in Nigeria.
Whether the man is rich or not even count here.
The fear of parting with half of his life savings will be the wisdom behind putting straying blokouses in check.grincheesygrin

No 1, such dreams will never happen once people have seen the result of such dumb laws in the West. Even sensible countries in Europe and places Japan are not adopting it. Only these dumb 'civilised' countries are stuck with such rubbish and maybe a few mumu follow-follow, 'oyinbo-is-great' black countries might follow in future.

No 2, don't advocate for the increase in murder in Nigeria. You know we do not have a police force to investigate anything? I have no doubt that if such laws are introduced, then I would not be as smart as I claim if I don't open a coffin business. You need a strong police force to even think of such rubbish.

slimyem: Yes, but it doesn't matter..grin
The most important thing is having the men on a leash.
That lame ideology and silly excuse that "Men are wired to cheat or have more than one partner" can then be thrown out the window!grin

All men just need to do is not marry you.

There are several girls at tick-tock-tick-tock (T4) stage in the West who men have on the leash while enjoying their lives.

1 Like

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2012
NEROSKY: Moral of the news; Rich people should force or lure their wife to be Sign Prenupt before marriage.

Or don't marry them at all, co-habit.

Or marry them the 'Mick Jagger' way.

Or marry them and live primarily in places like Dubai.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by bosijay(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
That amount 4 screwing up a marriage is 5much 4 berluscony,plus hs tax diversion that man is finish
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by topmostg: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

sure, mate.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
bosi jay :
That amount 4 screwing up a marriage is 5much 4 berluscony,plus hs tax diversion that man is finish

You are on drugs.

48m out of 6bn makes a man finished?

What tax diversion?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Troll: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
Na Wa O undecided $48mils!? This reminds me of my bros. He Had To Give Up His 2 Kids And House To A German Biitch Just Because She Didn't Want To Live With Him In London. Like Seriously, He Found A Better Job In London And The Biitch (A Housewife O) keeps Nagging that she can't leave germany for anywhere. The stupid german court had to award her half of his estate and custody of the children until they are adults. angry
I hate European women with passion angry they don't believe in making it work in marriage. All they're after is your wealth. Thank God He's married to a Nigerian now and with two Naija kids. Me na to dey nack oyinbo women akpako na him me I go dey do. But marriage is strictly for my african women.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
Troll: Na Wa O undecided $48mils!? This reminds me of my bros. He Had To Give Up His 2 Kids And House To A German Biitch Just Because She Didn't Want To Live With Him In London. Like Seriously, He Found A Better Job In London And The Biitch (A Housewife O) keeps Nagging that she can't leave germany for anywhere. The stupid german court had to award her half of his estate and custody of the children until they are adults. angry
I hate European women with passion angry they don't believe in making it work in marriage. All they're after is your wealth. Thank God He's married to a Nigerian now and with two Naija kids. Me na to dey nack oyinbo women akpako na him me I go dey do. But marriage is strictly for my african women.

That is western law for you. By being his wife "logically" she owns half. grin

And hold it on the praise on black women. BULLSHIT! If the marriage breaks down, she would milk her own too?

How many women do you think will turn down free bonanza that they are brainwashed and are publicly excused to believe they worked for?

Your brother needs to learn to stop burying his head in the sand. Women are selfish and are not capable of being logical, take it as a fact!

Fck love! Fck romance! Sign a fcking gaddamn prenup and then strategise!

Any women that objects to that is not marrying you for love and is not worth it.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by babymama3: 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

What is faithful and what makes you think she was faithful?

How do you know her support was invaluable? And how did you conclude he found her support invaluable? Are you saying she did something that another woman/set of women could not do for Berlusconi, she did it better or that he could not do without her support? Who supported who, the billionaire or the talika (church-rat)? Who's support would be more invaluable: the billionaire or the talika? So if her support was more invaluable how come he is not hold on to it but she wants to hold on to his? So has Berlusconi died or lost his wealth when she took back her 'invaluable support'? If not, why do you term it as invaluable? Was that senseless, illogical feminist English vocabulary?

What about the wear and tear on his body and mentality from arguments and the illogicality like yours that she gave him for 29 years? You think women are sane?

"She knows what 'they' are worth"? .......THEY? .......How 'they'? ..............What is she worth? What work did she do? She go school?

So what if she cheated? Would she pay him too?

What rubbish!

So how come the debt of people are not shared in most Western divorce cases except it is made in joint names?

Their money my black arsse. Can she make billions or even millions without the stuff between her legs?

Yeah, in 'civilised' societies is where a male should not be able to keep his own possessions and the woman is given the right to legalised theft.

Marriage in the West is now basically a means by which a man can be legally abused and stripped of his self worth, followed by state approved theft and mass abduction of children. No wonder men in civilised countries are now rejecting marriage because of their 'civilised' laws.

Marriage offers NOTHING to men that they can't get in any non-married relationship.

Civilised gan ni! (Real civilised) ;Dy

Women don't understand the meaning of fair. I have said it several times, they are the most selfish thing you can come across. grin Any mumu should bury his head in the sand about such blatant fact, not me.

Don't take Panadol for Haley Berry's menstrual cramps
The law works here
Joint in matrimony joint in assets and liabilities at divorce,the law considers all liabilities separate or joint in the asset sharing
Chikena
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by babymama3: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Women who hammered at divorce.

Rupert Murdoch's divorce from Anna Murdoch; estimated at $1.7 billion

Adnan Khashoggi's divorce from Soraya Khashoggi; estimated at $850 million

Bernie Ecclestone's divorce from Slavica; estimated at £750m

Craig McCaw's divorce from Wendy McCaw; estimated to exceed $460 million

Mel Gibson's divorce from Robyn Moore Gibson; estimated at $425 million

Michael Jordan's divorce from Juanita Jordan; estimated to exceed $260 million and was considered by Forbes Magazine to be "the most expensive celebrity divorce" in history, as of April 2007 [1][2]

Charles Edgar Fipke's divorce from Marlene Fipke; estimated at $200 million [3]

Neil Diamond's divorce from Marcia Murphey; estimated at $150 million [2]

Garth Brooks' divorce from Sandy Mahl; estimated at $125 million [1]

Harrison Ford's divorce from Melissa Mathison; estimated at $118 million [2]

Greg Norman's divorce from Laura Andrassy; estimated at $103 million [2];

Tiger Woods' divorce from Elin Nordegren; estimated at $100 million [4][5][3];

Steven Spielberg's divorce from Amy Irving; estimated at $100 million [2]

Madonna's divorce from Guy Ritchie; estimated at $90 million

Kevin Costner's divorce from Cindy Silva; estimated at $80 million

Kenny Rogers divorce from Marianne Rogers; estimated at $60 million

Kelsey Grammer's divorce from Camille Grammer; estimated at $50 million

James Cameron's divorce from Linda Hamilton; estimated to exceed $50 million

Paul McCartney's divorce from Heather Mills; estimated at $48.6 million [2][4]

Michael Douglas' divorce from Diandra Douglas; estimated at $45 million [2]

Ted Danson's divorce from Casey Coats; estimated at $30 million

Donald Trump's divorce from Ivana Trump; estimated at $25 million

Lionel Richie's divorce from Diane Richie; estimated at $20 million

Mick Jagger's divorce from Jerry Hall; estimated between $15 and $25 million [2]

That is how it should be
Share the marriage,share in the joint proceeds at divorce
As the household income and assets are,so shall the divorce settlement be cool cool cool iseeee
God bless the white man
Amen

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama:

Don't take Panadol for Haley Berry's menstrual cramps
The law works here
Joint in matrimony joint in assets and liabilities at divorce,the law considers all liabilities separate or joint in the asset sharing
Chikena

Well the law is wrong, unfair, destroying families and reducing the number of marriages.

You should get what you earned and your lost earnings, not what you did not work for.

baby_mama: Women who hammered at divorce.

That is how it should be
As the household income and assets are,so shall the divorce settlement be cool cool cool iseeee
God bless the white man
Amen

They had mugu husbands.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by babymama3: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
Thank God our black sisters are also getting their fair share

6. Robert and Sheila Johnson

Settlement Amount: $400 million

Robert Johnson, the co-founder of BET and America's first African-American billionaire, also has one of the biggest divorce settlements in history. After a marriage of over 30 years, the couple split up in 2000 and Sheila received an estimated $400 million in the settlement
. Both have continued their business dealings, owning majority stakes in professional men's and women's basketball teams. In 2005, Sheila married William T. Newman Jr., the judge who presided over her original divorce case.

And she married the judge too grin grin grin grin
I am sure she got a pre nup to secure the assets she brought into the marriage at her advanced age
Imagine getting 400 million dollars
After 30 solid years of marriage and building wealth together why not?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama: Thank God our black sisters are also getting their fair share

And she married the judge too grin grin grin grin
I am sure she got a pre nup to secure the assets she brought into the marriage at her advanced age
Imagine getting 400 million dollars
After 30 solid years of marriage and building wealth together why not?

She deserved every cent. She worked for it.

So did Wendy McCaw.

Don't try this psychology of "women are winning" with Saga. You will lose that argument! grin

I am king of psychological warfare! cool cheesy
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama: Women who hammered at divorce.

That is how it should be
God bless the white man
Amen

Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by dulphines: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
J12:

Seriously man, this is not the best deal his lawyer can come up with. He can do way much better.
Such a shame that the dubious gold digger has struck a goldmine.
what will be your position vis-á-vis the judge's verdict if the woman is your sister? Ahaa! There u go!
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
dulphines:
what will be your position vis-á-vis the judge's verdict if the woman is your sister? Ahaa! There u go!

My position would be:

She should get what she has worked for + What she has missed out working for as an actress while taking care of his home.

If he wants to add on top of that, that she is logically entitled to, then she can have that as well.

What are you suggesting? Because she is someone's sister it is okay to milk someone else?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by dulphines: 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
GeneralJ: wow thats bleeped up, so wat she gonna use the money for, doesn't she already have a job? 48million naira while people in Sudan is starving
48m Dollar not Naira.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
So how should this millionaire husband be compensated?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_McCourt

The Western courts still gave her his money even though she was the one that cheated. grin grin grin grin

CIVILIIIISED LAWS!!! grin grin grin
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
dulphines:

What is wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter if the woman being unjustly favored is my sister or not. Besides, none of my sisters are greedy demons.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Onilaiscool(f): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
get that money bit-ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitche..s 4 LYFE!!
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite: Fck love! Fck romance! Sign a fcking gaddamn prenup and then strategise!

grin grin

Onila-is-cool:
get that money bit-ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitche..s 4 LYFE!!

smh.
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by AjanleKoko: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why are y'all taking panadol for someone else's headache?

Did Berlusconi tell you the alimony payments would bankrupt him?
Re: Berlusconi To Pay Ex-wife $48M A Year Divorce Settlement! by Sagamite(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: Why are y'all taking panadol for someone else's headache?

Did Berlusconi tell you the alimony payments would bankrupt him?

It obviously wouldn't bankrupt him.

I have actually been holding back some analysis while I laugh at these yeye women celebrating. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even though she does not deserve what she is getting, Berlusconi is getting a great deal considering Western laws. grin

He is reportedly worth $6bn, she is not even getting 50%.

Lets say he extracts or liquifies (that means 'turn to cash by selling off assets', for those not familiar wih financial terms) all this $6bn he currently has in different types of investments (asset classes like stock, bonds, real estate etc) and then says "You know what? I don't want to work again. I just want to invest this money and get a return".

He then invests this total liquified asset (cash) in a well-diversified portfolio of stocks (just one [classic] asset class now) in any leading stock exchange like NYSE, LSE, FSE, HSE, JSE etc (basically just buying shares and getting dividends from several companies), his annual interest return on his investment would be AT LEAST 5% if his investment is well diversified and following the stock market aggregate index (hence minimised risk).

[size=4pt]Okay, Saga is done with the complex jagbajantis financial terms![/size]

So 5% of $6bn is $300m. So his potential, rational, average annual interest on his total asset is $300m, it could be far more if he made an effort (like he would be doing since my scenario is merely hypothetical).

So she is not getting half of his asset ($3bn), she is not getting even the annual interest on his assets ($300m), she is not even getting half of the annual interest on his assets ($150m), she is getting slightly less than one sixth of the annual interest of his asset ($50m). So she is getting only 16% of the annual interest from his assets. NOT 16% of his total worth.

So this is by no means a win, she does not deserve what she is getting but she is not really squeezing him that much. He can live with such loss. grin

That is like paying a woman £16 annually from my current £2000 net worth. BARGAIN! cheesy grin grin grin

Knowing Baba Criminal Silvio Berlusconi, I would not be surprised if he bribed her lawyers to make her accept this terms and since she is not educated, she saw it as a win. grin grin grin grin grin

So, nah, I am not crying for Berlusconi but she definitely does not deserve it.

The only reason I am taking panadol is that, even though it will not bankrupt Berlusconi, it still reflects a law that makes people get what they did not earn and which is applicable against all men, not just billionaires. I don't have to wait till it happens to a non-billionaire before I start taking panadol. Women don't have to be ra-ped before taking panadol for the girl in India.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can Africa Break Lose From Western Control / Here's Who Would Win If Russia, China, And America All Went To War Right Now / Multipolarism Versus Hegemonism - The Great Power Shift Of The 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.