Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia (13390 Views)

Can Someone Clean Up The Wikipedia Page For Igbo People? / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama:

Superior culture
Eziokwu
Juju is superior culture? shocked shocked shocked
Okokobioko
Or is it sleeping with ones own daughter and impregnating her for Goodluck juju
A culture of promiscuity and indiscriminate baby making?
A culture of mistresses and unknown fathers,illegitimate children scattered all over with step this and half that
Of a father impregnating everything in skirt?
Of a married man doing naming ceremonies for countless out of wedlock children and his wife will follow and wear Aso ebi shocked shocked shocked
Of women running around bare chested for protests
Or drawing tire tracks on faces of babies
What is that superior culture please educate us

I have written it here before Yoruba men make good boyfriends but lousy husbands at least to an Igbo woman who wants a traditional husband
Your men are better off single and procreating.marriage and commitment is not in your lexicon and it is no secret
Igbo women marry yoruba men out of ignorance
Many soon regret it
Their idea of what marriage is differs from ours

It is amongst Yorubas that a woman will know her husbands mistresses and be cool with it
She will Born pikin and they will born too,no big deal and his family will rejoice
Tufia

Isn't that ojukwu you're talking about? Your revered leader is a poster child for the irresponsinbilty you are going on about. The man left nothing to his first wife, and we suddenly fiind he was sleeping with the people who keep killing you off. Na real wa for Igbos and their bizarre hypocrisy.

Instead of hiding their heads in shame, they still have mouth. Anyway small wonder , if ojukwu had lived another 70 years he would have traded in bianca as well

That there is Igbo culture for you , imported from oyibos, trade in old wife for trophy wife

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by donchris369: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Hey baby mama you fall my hand for this comment that yoruba men make good boyfriends. See, i know yoruba people very well as i have been associating with them for so many years. They dont make any good boyfriends at all. The so-called boyfriends are as lousy as husbands, so cruel and wicked.

There is an orientation within their boys that, when they pregnant a girl that they cant take care of, they just have to do anything to eliminate the girl by all means. Was it not everywere on news just some few weeks back how your so-called good yoruba boyfriends bathed an igbo girl with acid to eliminate her and he succeeded. This have been happening in yorubaland for centuries between themselves but people dont know. Why this one made the news this time was because the victim was an igbo girl. Dont joke with the yoruba man, they are cowards, they cant stand their fellow man but, they abuse women and even kill them. Its part of their culture.
baby_mama:

Superior culture
Eziokwu
Juju is superior culture? shocked shocked shocked
Okokobioko
Or is it sleeping with ones own daughter and impregnating her for Goodluck juju
A culture of promiscuity and indiscriminate baby making?
A culture of mistresses and unknown fathers,illegitimate children scattered all over with step this and half that
Of a father impregnating everything in skirt?
Of a married man doing naming ceremonies for countless out of wedlock children and his wife will follow and wear Aso ebi shocked shocked shocked
Of women running around bare chested for protests
Or drawing tire tracks on faces of babies
What is that superior culture please educate us

I have written it here before Yoruba men make good boyfriends but lousy husbands at least to an Igbo woman who wants a traditional husband
Your men are better off single and procreating.marriage and commitment is not in your lexicon and it is no secret
Igbo women marry yoruba men out of ignorance
Many soon regret it
Their idea of what marriage is differs from ours

It is amongst Yorubas that a woman will know her husbands mistresses and be cool with it
She will Born pikin and they will born too,no big deal and his family will rejoice
Tufia
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by NegroNtns(m): 8:11am On Dec 29, 2012
Ikengawo: [size=14pt]Oshun[/size]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshun

learning more about yoruba culture today. found this piece interesting

@op,

In the field of classical myths, the deities/gods are portrayed as posessing powerful forces and thus different archetypes. There are deities portrayed in one narration as malevolent energy and in a different exposure as a benevolent energy. All people and civilizations that had classical pasts knew this. In this aspect Yoruba myths share commonality with Greek, Roman, Indian, Chinese, Egyptian, .....

Ikengawo, does your culture have a classical past? If it did this knowledge should not be new to you.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 29, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

@op,

In the field of classical myths, the deities/gods are portrayed as posessing powerful forces and thus different archetypes. There are deities portrayed in one narration as malevolent energy and in a different exposure as a benevolent energy. All people and civilizations that had classical pasts knew this. In this aspect Yoruba myths share commonality with Greek, Roman, Indian, Chinese, Egyptian, .....

Ikengawo, does your culture have a classical past? If it did this knowledge should not be new to you.

They have forsaken their past to become black jews.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Malawian(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2012
So someone finally reduced dayokanu into an incoherent blabbing cry-baby? Yorubamen are really cowards. They talk like women, only a woman can shut the up. RIP dayokanu. The erstwhile "onukwube" of NL.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
from the op:

Biko, Ndi Igbo, Chefu This Biafra Nonsense.

https://www.nairaland.com/1093580/biko-ndi-igbo-chefu-biafra#13597614
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
i think the other igbo propangadists here should follow babyosisi/babymama and ikengawo's examples and open their own anti-igbo threads.

that's the fashionable thing to do around these parts.

otun we osi, osi we otun, oun l'owo fin mo.

a little here, a little there, no need to be narrowminded or paddle only one canoe.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
malawian, mr globe aka google aka yvonne chakachaka, donchris, and the rest of the gang, we are waiting, i'm sure you'll come up with something to spice up this place.

follow your leaders babyosisi and ikengawo, if they can do it, why cant you.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 12:07am On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:
i think the other igbo propangadists here should follow babyosisi/babymama and ikengawo's examples and open their own anti-igbo threads.

that's the fashionable thing to do around these parts.

otun we osi, osi we otun, oun l'owo fin mo.

a little here, a little there, no need to be narrowminded or paddle only one canoe.
Life must really suck for you to find time to dig on people's long forgotten posts to find your 'anti igbo threads'. I recall once saying Yorubas are creepy sometime ago. Please help me dig up that thread from my post history. Thank you
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 3:07am On Dec 30, 2012
i think you can read. undecided

what we are waiting for is your own anti-igbo thread, come on, hurry up and stop wasting time. wink

you must not be genuinely igbo if you dont have one, or are you more igbo than babyosisi?
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by saintneo(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
error!
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by lawani: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
The orisas are not God, there is only one God according to all Nigerian cultures. Olodumare, Chukwuabiama, Osanobua are some of the names. That you bow down to an orisa or to your parents do not make them god or God. Osun is an orisa and not God. Then orisas have incarnated several times, this accounts for Osun marrying Sango, Osoosi and etc. Those must be different incarnations. Ogun have incarnated severally as the Onire, Alara, Ajero, Gbenagbena, Ogun Badagry and etc. It was the Alara that was fond of dog meat, the Ajero liked palm wine and etc. Even Ewuare of Benin was seen as an Ogun incarnate. That is the explanation about Osun having many husbands.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by macof(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2015
lawani:
The orisas are not God, there is only one God according to all Nigerian cultures. Olodumare, Chukwuabiama, Osanobua are some of the names. That you bow down to an orisa or to your parents do not make them god or God. Osun is an orisa and not God. Then orisas have incarnated several times, this accounts for Osun marrying Sango, Osoosi and etc. Those must be different incarnations. Ogun have incarnated severally as the Onire, Alara, Ajero, Gbenagbena, Ogun Badagry and etc. It was the Alara that was fond of dog meat, the Ajero liked palm wine and etc. Even Ewuare of Benin was seen as an Ogun incarnate. That is the explanation about Osun having many husbands.

Stop saying what you don't know. Yoruba don't have only one God. . Stop being shamed of polytheism because others want you to.

many Irunmoles(spirit forces) are expressed into Orisa using actual historical events .
This expressions are the Orisa that we relate with as Gods
Olodumare being the senior Irunmole and 401st has no humanised expression like many other Irunmoles but Olodumare is not the only God. .the supreme? Sure but I disagree with the term "only"?
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by lawani: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2015
macof:

Stop saying what you don't know. Yoruba don't have only one God. . Stop being shamed of polytheism because others want you to.

many Irunmoles(spirit forces) are expressed into Orisa using actual historical events .
This expressions are the Orisa that we relate with as Gods
Olodumare being the senior Irunmole and 401st has no humanised expression like many other Irunmoles but Olodumare is not the only God. .the supreme? Sure but I disagree with the term "only"?
Olodumare is the Supreme being. Orisa is orisa, irunmale is irunmale. Egun is Egun. They are not God and Yoruba never saw them as God. We bow down to worship Kings, parents and etc too. Are they then God? Please don't be confused. Orisa were people who distinguished themselves. Irunmales are like fairies. So how are they God? Egun are the ancestors. I am not against polytheism just stating how things were in the past.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by macof(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
lawani:

Olodumare is the Supreme being. Orisa is orisa, irunmale is irunmale. Egun is Egun. They are not God and Yoruba never saw them as God. We bow down to worship Kings, parents and etc too. Are they then God? Please don't be confused. Orisa were people who distinguished themselves. Irunmales are like fairies. So how are they God? Egun are the ancestors. I am not against polytheism just stating how things were in the past.

Correct supreme being. .leave it at that. Not Taking it a step forward to "only" I hope you understand my point

Irunmole are not like fairies o grin they are spirit forces. ..nd Olodumare is one of them. . The greatest of them. I used to think Irunmoles were Olodumare in a singularity until a babalawo corrected me. Iwin are like fairies

Gods are what is worshipped or venerated, having a cult following. It's that simple.

Orisa are more than just people who distinguished themselves but anthropomorphized aspects of certain irunmale using historical events from the lives and times of those those who had close relationship with the Irunmole
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by bokohalal(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mary Magdalene , Jesus's lover,was a renowned prostitute in Jerusalem.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by lawani: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
macof:

Correct supreme being. .leave it at that. Not Taking it a step forward to "only" I hope you understand my point

Irunmole are not like fairies o grin they are spirit forces. ..nd Olodumare is one of them. . The greatest of them. I used to think Irunmoles were Olodumare in a singularity until a babalawo corrected me. Iwin are like fairies

Gods are what is worshipped or venerated, having a cult following. It's that simple.

Orisa are more than just people who distinguished themselves but anthropomorphized aspects of certain irunmale using historical events from the lives and times of those those who had close relationship with the Irunmole
I can allign with the view that orisas were irunmale but there is no orisa being worshipped that was not incarnated. So an irunmale must incarnate to become an orisa. I agree that Olodumare is also an irunmale but in thesame way that the US President is a US citizen. This is the failing of Abrahamic religions, they acknowledge the existence of jinns, angels but do not realize that their rulership will be of their kind. Olodumare is more of a title than a personal name. Thanks.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by macof(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
lawani:

I can allign with the view that orisas were irunmale but there is no orisa being worshipped that was not incarnated. So an irunmale must incarnate to become an orisa. I agree that Olodumare is also an irunmale but in thesame way that the US President is a US citizen. This is the failing of Abrahamic religions, they acknowledge the existence of jinns, angels but do not realize that their rulership will be of their kind. Olodumare is more of a title than a personal name. Thanks.

Yes we can say that Irunmole incarnate as orisa. . I agree
Olodumare is no title sir, it's a personal name given by our ancestors to this spirit force. A pity I don't know what it means
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by macof(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
lawani:

Olodumare is no title sir, it's a personal name given by our ancestors to this spirit force. A pity I don't know what it means

Titles will not be that complicated of a word, don't you think? Aseda is a title meaning Creator, or better "maker of creatures"
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by lawani: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
macof:

Titles will not be that complicated of a word, don't you think? Aseda is a title meaning Creator, or better "maker of creatures"
I am not sure whether Olodumare is one person since the beginning of time or if there can be successions by other irunmale. Anyone that says he or she knows for sure will not be believed by me. The Yoruba say Olodumare is the Olu of Ogotun which is where the capital is and where the 401 member council of irunmale sits, this is why I said it might be a title.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Origin Of The Name Aboki? / Yoruba People, Who Is Ela? / Emir Sanusi Dethrones Sani Umar-Ganduje As Village Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.