Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia (13696 Views)

Can Someone Clean Up The Wikipedia Page For Igbo People? / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia / Wikipedia In Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Why are you ashamed to shake the slate behind you, At least you put am for youtube for all and sundry. Shake it some more

In the meantime have you concluded your research on Yoruba men Yekini?

Sometime back that was your focus

Even if you lived a thousand life times you could never be a man
Take that to the bank
You are the most effeminate character on this website
Nothing about you and the way you carry on has any atom of masculinity
I hope the women here are reading
You talk like a female,you fight like one and meddle like a middle school girl
Tufiakwa!!
An effeminate pervert shocked shocked shocked
Double whammy
You talking about ikebe makes my skin crawl
I could perhaps laff about it if it were coming from a male male but from you,tsk tsk tsk
Sorry I say it like it is often,
Pele
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

Even if you lived a thousand life times you could never be a man
Take that to the bank
You are the most effeminate character on this website
Nothing about you and the way you carry on has any atom of masculinity
I hope the women here are reading
You talk like a female,you fight like one and meddle like a middle school girl
Tiufiakwa!!
You talking about ikebe makes my skin crawl
I could perhaps laff about it if it were coming from a male male but from you,tsk tsk tsk
Sorry I say it like it is often,
Pele

Ouchhh. Pele Nwando Ndo osisi.

Oya let me play this song for you cheesy cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dne5mzMZZw0
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
lets get this straight

In one of the stories featuring her, she is forced to become a LovePeddler to feed her children and the other Orishas subsequently removed her children from her home while she was away, apparently planning to use them as slaves. Oshun is then said to have gone mad with grief and to have[b] worn the same white dress every day as a symbol of this madness; it eventually turned yellow.[/b] Ajé-Shaluga, another river Orisha, fell in love with her while she was washing the dress in a frenzied state one day. He gave her money and gems, which he collected from the bottom of the river he lived in. She used these items to liberate her children, and ultimately married her kindly benefactor

so a mother's love for her children - to the point that she would sell her body to ensure they do not go without - is a thing to denigrate - if she was Igbo she would have just sold them - who needs to go over the repeated horror stories of Igbos using young girls as baby factories? no be ojukwu wey drive over small girls in his bid to escape? small wonder there were so many kwashiokor kids during the war, rather than their mothers do what they had to do with the overfed biafran soldiers, they preferred to let the kids starve to death.

osun believed that her children were the future - and she did everything for them. take a cue from that

life is not about the mindless accumulation of wealth to oppress people with. it is about family.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Looool... this is murder! Babymama just finished everything left of that dayotroll.... Choi.... life wicked ooooo.. laughing so hard here.

please keep it coming..

grin
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
oyb: lets get this straight

so a mother's love for her children - to the point that she would sell her body to ensure they do not go without - is a thing to denigrate - if she was Igbo she would have just sold them - who needs to go over the repeated horror stories of Igbos using young girls as baby factories? no be ojukwu wey drive over small girls in his bid to escape? small wonder there were so many kwashiokor kids during the war, rather than their mothers do what they had to do with the overfed biafran soldiers, they preferred to let the kids starve to death.

osun believed that her children were the future - and she did everything for them. take a cue fro hat
Lmaooooooooo. Another retaaaaard! you deserve none response
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
lol wow.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Lmaooooooooo. Another retaaaaard! you deserve none response

is that the best you can present as a comeback

poor Igbos, with their lack of wit - the only thing they understand is my container odikwa big pass ya own

no men anywhere, na woman dey rally them

small wonder the men dey wear wrapper and whine like biatches

shemales the lot of them cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Looool... this is murder! Babymama just finished everything left of that dayotroll.... Choi.... life wicked ooooo.. laughing so hard here.

please keep it coming..

grin

Lol
Will it cause you any skin pain if someone posted that amadioha was a love-vendor?
Or that long juju of aro was an eediot?
Those gods mean absolutely nothing to the average Igbo man or woman
They occupy no relevance
Our parents have no connection to them worth protecting
My own father is a Christian and so was my grandfather
There are no idols worshiped in my father's house so people can abuse them all they want,I don't care,I will join sef
Na Jesus we sabi
Like me I am sure the most you saw a Dibia Anya nzu is on nollywood movies
They are not part of your life
But see how fiercely people are offended by a revelation that their goddess was turning tricks to eat ewedu
Tells you the place these demons occupy in their lives
In 2013 young people are protecting juju worship unashamedly

Tufia
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
oyb:

is that the best you can present as a comeback

poor Igbos, with their lack of wit - the only thing they understand is my container odikwa big pass ya own

no men anywhere, na woman dey rally them

small wonder the men dey wear wrapper and whine like biatches

shemales the lot of them cheesy cheesy cheesy
your own comeback is even as far dead as awolowo.

Sorry.. Go and find and owambe party nearby, eat ewedu and dance away ya sorrow. fool!
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

Lol
Will it cause you any skin pain if someone posted that amadioha was a love-vendor?
They occupy no relevance
But see how fiercely people are offended by a revelation that their goddess was turning tricks to eat ewedu
Tufia

so says the people who are practising osu to this day
the same people whose politicians carry bible in their back pocket and go to swear allegiance in the shrine
the same one who still have okija shrine, forbidden forest and the likes

abegi

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

your own comeback is even as far dead as awolowo.

Sorry.. Go and find and owambe party nearby, eat ewedu and dance away ya sorrow. fool!

transgendered better retire to your container
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Afam4eva(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
oyb:

the same people whose politicians carry bible in their back pocket and go to swear allegiance in the shrine

abegi
You watch too many Nollywood movies.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
baby_mama:

Lol
They occupy no relevance
My own father is a Christian and so was my grandfather
There are no idols worshiped in my father's house so people can abuse them all they want,I don't care,I will join sef
Na Jesus we sabi
Tufia
Am shocked as well. one thing ve learned from Nairaland is the extent Yoruba folks will go to support 'their own' worthless elements at any cost. To say they are shameless is an understatement
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
oyb:

abegi

The difference between me and you is that I will condemn it
Osu was part of the pagan worship that Christ came to abolish and most have gone beyond it
The same evil shrines and more exist in your place
Your politicians do same
Perhaps Okija learnt from Ijebu ode sef,their juju is legendary
Tell me the word for juju in Igbo?
Juju is the universal word shows you the main source
That is the difference
Evil Okija forest,yours is inside your house,hanging on the wall in your living room sotay young man like you dey cry for hinternet because your juju is being shamed

1 Like

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by MrGlobe(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
oyb:

transgendered better retire to your container
mumu..
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
You watch too many Nollywood movies.

what nollywood nonsense are you talking about

the fact that you lot still practise osu has been documented even on this site time and again

you also want to pretend (as usual), that we do not remember how ubah took chris ngige to the okija shrine to swear, and how the man admitted , but said he had his bible in his back pocket

have you forgotten that there was a ledger in the shrine full of the names of politicians

berra go and carry ya artful dodger somewhere else

in any event, them nollywood movies, are especially reflective of the horrors of your culture
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Am shocked as well. one thing ve learned from Nairaland is the extent Yoruba folks will go to support 'their own' worthless elements at any cost. To say they are shameless is an understatement

That is the way they are
There was a thread somewhere about how in 2012 they still eat the heart of a dead Oba for the new one to ascend the throne
In Akure or somewhere the new Oba will sleep with a teenage girl
I am talking about 2012 not 1770
The way Yorubas came defending the culture beats me
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Look at this story
An Oba is nearly lynched for not worshipping Idols and joining a cult in 2012 not by older folks,youths of the land insisting that an Oba must marrya new wife too to satisfy tradition shocked shocked shocked
Very fetish people

There was pandemonium at Ogbagi-Akoko, in the Akoko South-West Local Government Area of Ondo State last Friday when youths of the town chased away their monarch, the Owa of Ogbagi, Oba Victor Adetona, from the palace for his refusal to approve the yearly celebration of the Ogun festival.

Our correspondent learnt that the monarch, narrowly escaped being lynched when the youth, armed with dangerous items, besieged the palace.

The youth, it was learnt, damaged vehicles and decorations in the palace said to be worth millions of naira.

Some of the youth, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent on Monday that Adetona had been disrespecting the town’s traditions since he was installed as the monarch.

One of them said, “Our king has not been respecting our traditions. He has refused to join the Awo cult. He has refused to marry another wife after he became the king; and he has consistently refused to approve the celebration of some traditional festivities.

“He has flagrantly objected to all pleas for him to respect traditions and the culture of our people and has vowed that as a born-again Christian, he will never indulge in or encourage such traditional rites throughout his reign.”

It was learnt that the monarch allegedly travelled out of the state in order not to partake in the worship of the Ogun festival.

The youth, however, monitored his movement and stormed his new palace when he returned from his journey and destroyed everything on sight.

It was further learnt that other monarchs who were with him on the fateful day, saved the situation as the youth allegedly insisted on killing Adetona.

At the palace gate, the monarch pasted the membership emblem of the Redeemed Christian Church of God while there is a place where members of his church congregate every Sunday evening for fellowship.

Some of the monarch’s family members, who conducted our correspondent round the damaged palace on Monday, said the grouse of the youth was Adetona’s refusal to engage in idolatry and marry a new wife when he ascended the throne.

When asked to comment on the incident, the monarch simply said on the phone, “It is not yet time to comment on the issue”

The Ojumu of Ogbagi, who is also the second-in-command to the monarch, Chief Richard Balogun, said there were six monarchs in the palace to welcome Adetona back from his journey when the youth besieged the palace.

He said the monarchs appealed to the youth to sheathe their swords and they agreed by returning to their homes.

Balogun said, “However, news flied around that Ogbagi was boiling, hence policemen were drafted from Ikare and when they arrived, they started shooting sporadically.

“The youths were not happy. They thought that it was the monarch who brought in the security men to arrest and shoot them. They mobilised themselves after the policemen had gone, marched to the palace and carried out the wanton destruction.”

Balogun said the grouse of the youth was that the king was not around during the celebration of the festival.

He said, “Many important personalities including the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, and other prominent political leaders, royal fathers and religious leaders had already intervened.

“The youth had agreed that the monarch should return to the palace. We are meeting everyday over the matter and I believe that it will be resolved before the end of this week.”
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by donchris369: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
What about gbenga daniel and some ogun state house of assemby members with some of his commissioners who went to swear in a juju shrine. Obasanjo your yoruba leader sleeping with his his son's wife. Smh
oyb:

what nollywood nonsense are you talking about

the fact that you lot still practise osu has been documented even on this site time and again

you also want to pretend (as usual), that we do not remember how ubah took chris ngige to the okija shrine to swear, and how the man admitted , but said he had his bible in his back pocket

have you forgotten that there was a ledger in the shrine full of the names of politicians

berra go and carry ya artful dodger somewhere else

in any event, them nollywood movies, are especially reflective of the horrors of your culture

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by amicdan(m): 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Baby mama...like seriously what do u stand to gain in all these??
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

nwando:

Not at all,this is in the romance department dear.
I am Igbo and my first 2 boyfriends Ade and Gbolahan were Yorubas and they were great guys.
(hope they're not on nairaland)
My best friend also married a Yoruba guy.

nwando: Do you  know that Igbo women are more likely than other Nigerian women to marry outside of their tribe and country.
The number of Igbo women married especially to Yoruba men would astound you.
What is it about Yoruba men and Igbo women?
A number of my friends and family are married to Yoruba men.
What is the chemistry?

https://www.nairaland.com/101616/yoruba-men-igbo-womenthe-perfect

if you dont know who "nwando" is, then good for you.

i'll bring you the thread where she emphatically stated she found yoruba men better "removers" of her knickers than igbo men, when i find it.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
op, read the above post.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Igbos running round trying to analyse superior cultures

after all what culture do Igbos have beyond the oppression of widows?

small wonder their chicks prefer yoruba men who do not see them as priced bought and paid for chattel

as to all that we are Christian and we have renounced blah blah blah

abeg tell that fabu to someone else - na so y'all dey carry multiple wives right to this day and age

1 Like

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
donchris369: What about gbenga daniel and some ogun state house of assemby members with some of his commissioners who went to swear in a juju shrine. Obasanjo your yoruba leader sleeping with his his son's wife. Smh

ad we have vilified the man to no end. you lot on the other hand, kept mute - which is the Igbo way after all, point out the spec in the of your betters while overlooking the forest on your head

see who is talking

you with your bearded coward who shed his first wife for one young enough to be his daughter (must be the christian values your leader was blathering about) , and all the while he had been literally sleeping with and having children by the enemy. and when this came out rather than hang your heads in shame, you were making excuses - big men have big appetite and other such rubbish.

shameless people

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by tpia5: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
for the op and the other _____ brothers on the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/227982/yoruba-men-most-endowed-nigeria
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by DollyParton1(f): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!
Babymama I suppose u are not in naija.
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2012
oyb: Igbos running round trying to analyse superior cultures

after all what culture do Igbos have beyond the oppression of widows?

small wonder their chicks prefer yoruba men who do not see them as priced bought and paid for chattel

as to all that we are Christian and we have renounced blah blah blah

abeg tell that fabu to someone else - na so y'all dey carry multiple wives right to this day and age

Superior culture
Eziokwu
Juju is superior culture? shocked shocked shocked
Okokobioko
Or is it sleeping with ones own daughter and impregnating her for Goodluck juju
A culture of promiscuity and indiscriminate baby making?
A culture of mistresses and unknown fathers,illegitimate children scattered all over with step this and half that
Of a father impregnating everything in skirt?
Of a married man doing naming ceremonies for countless out of wedlock children and his wife will follow and wear Aso ebi shocked shocked shocked
Of women running around bare chested for protests
Or drawing tire tracks on faces of babies
What is that superior culture please educate us

I have written it here before Yoruba men make good boyfriends but lousy husbands at least to an Igbo woman who wants a traditional husband
Your men are better off single and procreating.marriage and commitment is not in your lexicon and it is no secret
Igbo women marry yoruba men out of ignorance
Many soon regret it
Their idea of what marriage is differs from ours

It is amongst Yorubas that a woman will know her husbands mistresses and be cool with it
She will Born pikin and they will born too,no big deal and his family will rejoice
Tufia

1 Like

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Ikengawo: 12:59am On Dec 29, 2012
oyb: lets get this straight

osun believed that her children were the future - and she did everything for them. take a cue from that

life is not about the mindless accumulation of wealth to oppress people with. it is about family.
This is a lazy excuse. She could have sold Akara and Agege bread in the market, or swept people's offices
it is GREED that leads one into prostitution. Shango married her too...did he get an AIDs test?
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Ikengawo: 1:01am On Dec 29, 2012
baby_mama:

Superior culture
Eziokwu
Juju is superior culture? shocked shocked shocked
Okokobioko
Or is it sleeping with ones own daughter and impregnating her for Goodluck juju
A culture of promiscuity and indiscriminate baby making?
A culture of mistresses and unknown fathers,illegitimate children scattered all over with step this and half that
Of a father impregnating everything in skirt?
Of a married man doing naming ceremonies for countless out of wedlock children and his wife will follow and wear Aso ebi shocked shocked shocked
Of women running around bare chested for protests
Or drawing tire tracks on faces of babies
What is that superior culture please educate us

I have written it here before Yoruba men make good boyfriends but lousy husbands at least to an Igbo woman who wants a traditional husband
Your men are better off single and procreating.marriage and commitment is not in your lexicon and it is no secret
Igbo women marry yoruba men out of ignorance
Many soon regret it
Their idea of what marriage is differs from ours

It is amongst Yorubas that a woman will know her husbands mistresses and be cool with it
She will Born pikin and they will born too,no big deal and his family will rejoice
Tufia

If your God was a prostitute sells toto for beans and nkwobi, you would understand
don't judge

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by babymama3: 1:05am On Dec 29, 2012
By GBENGA ARIYIBI
ADO-EKITI—Teachers in Ekiti State, yesterday, dared the state government, as none of the 16,000 teachers in the employment of the state government showed up for the controversial compulsory test.

The government had issued a statement, via a state-owed radio, warning the teachers not to test its power by refusing to participate in the test otherwise tagged as Teachers’ Development Needs Assessment, TDNA.
[size=18pt]
In an attempt to frustrate the conduct of the test and scare away their colleagues from examination centres, the teachers allegedly threatened to lace all the 39 designated centres with juju.
[/size]

But the state government said the non- compliance with the directive would not deter it from implementing the programme.

Commissioner for Information, Mr Funminiyi Afuye, who spoke at Ikere-Ekiti, while monitoring the exercise, faulted Nigerian Union of Teachers, the umbrella body for teachers, for allegedly allowing the matter to assume a trade union dimension, saying it was a purely government’s policy that required no intervention from any of the trade unions.

“This is not a matter that deals with the welfare of the teachers and they have not been cheated in any way, so they have no reason to declare any strike or order their colleagues to shun the examination.

The TDNA test which was slated for yesterday was to commence with a training session expected to last for three hours from 9am to be followed by the examination.
http://thisafrica.com/juju-scare-rocks-ekiti-teachers-assessment-test/
Superior culture indeed

This is 2012, the teachers union in the land of professors threatens govt workers openly with juju rather than take the desired tests
No shame in their juju activities
Where else can this happen in Nigeria but in Yorubaland?

Everybody is threatening everyone with juju
Step mother wants to kill step son,the polygamous father cannot eat at the home ofhiswife,his mistress is doing juju to tie him
Babalawo at every turn
Juju everywhere
An Oba shuns juju and the youths of the land want to lynch him
Tufia
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 29, 2012
The defence of ''oshun'' on this thread implies ; Yoruba do not joke with their god/goddess!!!

Babymama should understand the above as an African lady!!!!
Re: Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Ikengawo:
This is a lazy excuse. She could have sold Akara and Agege bread in the market, or swept people's offices
it is GREED that leads one into prostitution. Shango married her too...did he get an AIDs test?

Noo she could have done it Igbo style - sold fake drugs, engaged in 419, or some kidnapping or drug pushing. After all poverty is the Igbo excuse for everything

What a dunce, in the time being referenced, did people sell agege bread or work in offices. Your heads must be flat because your brains are compressed. No ability to engage in critical reasoning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alo A Pa Gbe / Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia / Nigerian Hookers Invade Denmark Offering Better Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.