Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) (7564 Views)

Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
Governor Peter Obi has presented ten more brand new Security Vehicles to the Nigerian Army. The Patrol vans presented at the Governor’s lodge brings to fifteen, the number of vehicles donated to the Army by Governor Obi administration.

Governor Obi said this was part of the State government support to further enhance the Operation of the Security agency.

He commended them for the various assistance given to the State, including the construction of an emergency bridge which he described as one of the best in the country and expressed satisfaction with their contributions in securing the State.

Receiving the vehicles, the General Office commanding the 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Oluwaseun Oshinowo, while thanking the Governor for the gesture assured that they will continue to put in their best to maintain peace and stability in the State and South-East.

General Oshinowo said the vehicles would be effectively deployed to serve the purpose they were meant for.

The Majority leader State House of Assembly, Mr. Hafford Oseke noted that Governor Obi has remained committed in empowering security agencies in the State that have enabled them performed effectively.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, retired Colonel George Molokwu expressed satisfaction with the performance of the security agencies and their cordial relationship with the State government.

In his reaction, the Chairman, Board of Trustees State Security Trust Fund enjoined the people to provide useful information to security agents to enhance their work.

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by redsun(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
What happened to the defence budget that caters for the army?Why is he funding the army with state resources?And when did the army become the police that guarantees state security?

Crazy muderfuckers.

10 Likes

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by YoursGEJ(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
^ nobody knows which agency does what again. Very soon, they will be asking road safety to arrest and prosecute corrupt leaders

4 Likes

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by stonebridge: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
redsun: What happened to the defence budget that caters for the army?Why is he funding the army with state resources?And when did the army become the police that guarantees state security?

Crazy muderfuckers.
I wonder o. How can a state governor be funding a federal institution?. Very soon Gov Amaechi will buy warships for Nigerian military and may be Fashola will buy fighter jets and drones for our army.

1 Like

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Andrew3(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
when did naija army start putting stars (pips) on their neck and stomach angry angry
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by redsun(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
stonebridge:
I wonder o. How can a state governor be funding a federal institution?. Very soon Gov Amaechi will buy warships for Nigerian military and may be Fashola will buy fighter jets and drones for our army.

All they do is loot the people's resources and the rest they use for misplace eye-services,like pharisees.And since they dont give accounts as the untouchables,nobody wants to know why they are spending the state funds inappropriately.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by advocate666: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
which kind reporting be this? How can ten more vehicles bring the total number of vehicles to five?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by egift(m): 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666: which kind reporting be this? How can ten more vehicles bring the total number of vehicles to five?

I thought I was the only one seeing that one. BTW what about the N1,000,000,000,000.00 (one trillion) approved for security? He should stop wasting state resources. There are more that needs to be done. It would have been better for commuter buses grin
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by zebudaya(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
egift:

I thought I was the only one seeing that one. BTW what about the N1,000,000,000,000.00 (one trillion) approved for security? He should stop wasting state resources. There are more that needs to be done. It would have been better for commuter buses grin

Wayo Math, probably spent the money for ten to buy only five. grin grin grin
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by redsun(m): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
egift:

He probably omitted 1 from 5 that could have made it 15 vehicles.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by wine4dguy: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666: which kind reporting be this? How can ten more vehicles bring the total number of vehicles to five?
i thought am d only one seeing it
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by slimfit1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
What happened to security vote ? Only in the north and east you see funny embarrassing things like this, no offence but its too much I actually want to see a sign of growth and class in the way they do their things but all you see is a sign of no brainer. If it is a bullet proof van fine, because they are soldiers doesn't mean they don't need the best protection. Ask him governor obi how much those coffins cost ?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by hamsky: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
::Andrew:::
when did naija army start putting stars (pips) on their neck and stomach angry angry

Earlier this year. I guess its a way to feel among and "americanise" a bit..lol! Jokes apart I think there's a tactical reason why the rank slide is now placed in the lower chest region. Here's the video of the launch of the new Navy uniform.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTAzkwNtvU[/flash]

P.S I don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs but we use the star in the Nigerian armed forces not the Pip (i.e. the pip is used by the british). Differences:

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
redsun: What happened to the defence budget that caters for the army?Why is he funding the army with state resources?And when did the army become the police that guarantees state security?

Crazy muderfuckers.

^^^It's all so annoying; about $6 billion voted for security, yet they expect a cash-strapped state like Anambra to buy them vehicles ?.....what the fuc/k have they done with all that money!? angry

And what's the Obi of Onitsha doing there?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by NegroNtns(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
gov Obi is buying concessions from the brigade. grin
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by REVOLUTNIS: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2012

Crazy muderfuckers.
The governor is the chief security officer of the state and its his duty to enhance, provide and better and efficient vehicles for security operatives in state for easy movement into rural areas of the state where criminals and hoodlums might be hiding. he is not the first governor that is doing it. beside, a security conscious governor would not wait for whatever is mark out in the budget for security b4 securing the state which is under his watch. It is another way of utilizing the 6billion he collects as monthly security vote. We should not be complaining and seeing only the negative in our leaders.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by cold(m): 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
@Revolutins,i kinda agree with you. With the alarming levels of insecurity & abductions,it is only sensible for the Chief Security Officer of the state to make a reasonable effort to ameliorate the situation the best way he can
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Could it be my governor is buying the military amour we can use to lambast & BOMBARD them cool

Una go hear am o. grin
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^It's all so annoying; about $6 billion voted for security, yet they expect a cash-strapped state like Anambra to buy them vehicles ?.....what the fuc/k have they done with all that money!? angry

Point of correction,big hommie,Anambra is not "cash strapped". Anambra goverment is financially strong. Go figure.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
waste of state resources. buying cars for national army while the FG has budgeted almost 6billion for security. by the way anambra road from enugu is the worst in the country.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by texazzpete(m): 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
What a m0r0n...buying vehicles for the Nigerian Army using state taxpayers' money...the same taxpayers that will be glibly insulted as 'bloody civilians' by the Army boys.

Utter nonsense!
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by solomon111(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
The state receives security vote from the FG,so i don't see what is wrong with further equipping the army in your state,especially when the state is notorious for kidnappings and other social vices.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by texazzpete(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Point of correction,big hommie,Anambra is not "cash strapped". Anambra goverment is financially strong. Go figure.

Are you disputing the utter daftness of this move?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by texazzpete(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
solomon111: The state is given security vote by the FG,so i don't see what is wrong with further equipping the army in your state,especially when the state is notorious for kidnappings and other social vices.

Stopping Kidnapping and other social vices in the state is a job for the Nigerian Police, not the Army.

Giving vehicles to the Army...man, you people sure get awful leaders sha.

1 Like

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by ignis: 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
Nice one.
Gov. Obi, you can do better.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by NegroNtns(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

listen to this stewpid omanbala @#%. Obi should be rehabilitating all these criminals your state exports to other lands. if he really is concerned about improving security.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Well its a win win for Anambra now? Why are you complaining about the security vote? Abi GEJ no bi one of una own? The $6billion security vote is for Northerners FYI!
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by OmoTier1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
solomon111: The state receives security vote from the FG,so i don't see what is wrong with further equipping the army in your state,especially when the state is notorious for kidnappings and other social vices.
It is wrong for the state to be funding a federal institution like the Army! It further confirms what many believe that GEJ's government is a failure.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Ikwerefistson: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2012

Crazy muderfuckers.
wit d way sm of u approach isues on ds thread atimes makes me wondr d kind of lecturers dat lectrued u in skol.are u guys telng me its out of place 4 state gov 2 gve suport 2 fedral institutns especaly in d area of security.or re u guys turning blind over nite 2se d complementry role d army is gvng d police in dat regard.cm 2 tnk of it hw much is d cost of ten hilux vehicle 2 a state dat u cry fowl.or re u sayng its also wrong 4 states 2 buy vehicles 4d police as u pepl re d same dudes dat opose state police.dat means fashola nd other western govs re brianles 4 fundng d police.guys make una grow up

1 Like

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by manny4life(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
texazzpete:

Are you disputing the utter daftness of this move?

Geez, how has his statement qualified as support for this move? Biko jiri nwayo...

As much as I support others that this action is not only uncalled for, this is absolutely ridic . I thought defense represent about 20% of our budget?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Ikwerefistson: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
D samd way western states re exportng ship loads of bank robers,agberos,stret urchins,nd jobles touts 2 odar states

(1) (2) (Reply)

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition / Yahaya Bello Halts Schedule To See People With Disabilities (Video) / Buhari Arrives Damaturu, Yobe State, On A Two-Day Working Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.