Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,318 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) (7559 Views)

Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by redsun(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ikwere fist son: wit d way sm of u approach isues on ds thread atimes makes me wondr d kind of lecturers dat lectrued u in skol.are u guys telng me its out of place 4 state gov 2 gve suport 2 fedral institutns especaly in d area of security.or re u guys turning blind over nite 2se d complementry role d army is gvng d police in dat regard.cm 2 tnk of it hw much is d cost of ten hilux vehicle 2 a state dat u cry fowl.or re u sayng its also wrong 4 states 2 buy vehicles 4d police as u pepl re d same dudes dat opose state police.dat means fashola nd other western govs re brianles 4 fundng d police.guys make una grow up

Police is not the army.Army IS for defence and Ffor high state of emergency.It is not the duty of the state government to finance them or even engage them unless in a dire state eemergency.They are not for mundane state security that they the leaders caused as a result of their incessant stealins and mismanagement of public funds.

It is the duty of the police to safeguard the state and provide adequate security,but in nigeria case,there is no police,just like there are no leaders.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
hamsky:

Earlier this year. I guess its a way to feel among and "americanise" a bit..lol! Jokes apart I think there's a tactical reason why the rank slide is now placed in the lower chest region. Here's the video of the launch of the new Navy uniform.

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTAzkwNtvU[/flash]

P.S I don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs but we use the star in the Nigerian armed forces not the Pip (i.e. the pip is used by the british). Differences:
NOT QUITE RIGHT SIR.
We use the same thing as the British namely STARS though for some reason they have been called Pips for "ever". A purist in the British Army too will tell you the term "PIP" is "technically incorrect" but its use is widespread.This is the same in Nigeria; the correct term is Star but the word "PIP" has been around for ever and is widely used and understood IN THE ARMY. In fact many army personnel do not know that the correct term is STAR and so to that extent the word PIP has been established.I believe pip is just a nickname for star
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Dede1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
It is the height of stupidity on the part of governor Obi to spend the money meant for the people of Anambra State on Nigerian army.

Everything about Nigeria exudes stupidity. Granted that staff cars of the officers with the rank of general are designated with STARs corresponding to the officer’s rank, it is plain idiocy to imitate American military parlance by wearing a British rank insignia as well as USA’s.

In the picture where governor Obi handed the keys to the Maj. Gen. Oshinowo, the general wore the British\Nigerian rank on his lower chest and USA format on his cullar. It is a bad joke that the general wore two stars on the culler of his uniform instead of red ribbon that represent the British\Nigerian rank of Maj. Gen. I wonder what prevented him from wearing two stars on his berate instead of Nigerian insignia of the rank of Maj. Gen.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Tonionyeka(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666: which kind reporting be this? How can ten more vehicles bring the total number of vehicles to five?
Go back to that report you will see fifteen. Thanks
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by NegroNtns(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dede1: It is the height of stupidity on the part of governor Obi to spend the money meant for the people of Anambra State on Nigerian army.

Everything about Nigeria exudes stupidity. Granted that staff cars of the officers with the rank of general are designated with STARs corresponding to the officer’s rank, it is plain idiocy to imitate American military parlance by wearing a British rank insignia as well as USA’s.

In the picture where governor Obi handed the keys to the Maj. Gen. Oshinowo, the general wore the British\Nigerian rank on his lower chest and USA format on his cullar. It is a bad joke that the general wore two stars on the culler of his uniform instead of red ribbon that represent the British\Nigerian rank of Maj. Gen. I wonder what prevented him from wearing two stars on his berate instead of Nigerian insignia of the rank of Maj. Gen.

you love parading your stewpidity in public square.

what military convention says you can have one or the other but not both styles?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by ifebosco: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
tell obi to run local government election
enough is enough
too much greed
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by redsun(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dede1: It is the height of stupidity on the part of governor Obi to spend the money meant for the people of Anambra State on Nigerian army.

A people that are not organize as a society can not have an army.What they have there is the carricature of british and american fighting formations,ranks,strategies and discipline.They dont have original intiatives,ideas,clues,formations or discipline of what an army stands for.They dont have purpose.

They just copy foo-lishly,just like in the areas of laws,education,religion,politics,marriage,fashion and even language.And never seems to get it right,because they dont understand it.

1 Like

Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by ifebosco: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
REVOLUTNIS:
The governor is the chief security officer of the state and its his duty to enhance, provide and better and efficient vehicles for security operatives in state for easy movement into rural areas of the state where criminals and hoodlums might be hiding. he is not the first governor that is doing it. beside, a security conscious governor would not wait for whatever is mark out in the budget for security b4 securing the state which is under his watch. It is another way of utilizing the 6billion he collects as monthly security vote. We should not be complaining and seeing only the negative in our leaders.

does it mean that, if every governor is doing it, obi should do the same??i tire for nigerians ooo
help police not military,they have nothing to do with our security in the east.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2012

No old man it is NOT stupidity . THat is the NEW CAMOUFLAGE which was launched this year.http://nigeriannewstrack.com/wpnnt/?p=612
Camouflage is different from regular gear and I guess reading ranks may be confusing to some.

Now I would like to believe that they have reasons for that and would have gone through some process to arrive at that decision.So rather than come and expose your empty head in public AGAIN why not send for some more SNUFF
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by biggjoe(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
True i dont like obi but most of u guys here are just making noise.
Here in anambra, the army is used extensively in urban patrol and believe it or not it works. If u have been to any urban town in anambra, u must have seen 'Army Urban Patrol' and many atimes, they have helped the police in dealing with dare devil robbers and they dont go about harrasing people. most times, u wont even remember they exist.
Federal or no federal, wat matters is results and other governors do look for such result by equipping the police in their own state too.
security is crucial everyhere in the country and any step taken to improve on it is welcome.
we will start talking about what is ideal when the country as a whole turns ideal.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Dede1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

you love parading your stewpidity in public square.

what military convention says you can have one or the other but not both styles?

What a bloody fool. I guess you have never seen a military parade ground in your entire miserable life. Military is strictly regimented and will not tolerate a patchy uniform talk less of wearing uniform out of formal protocol. Nigerian military culture and tradition are rooted in the British armed forces.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dede1:

What a bloody fool. I guess you have never seen a military parade ground in your entire miserable life. Military is strictly regimented and will tolerate a patchy uniform talk less of wearing uniform out of formal protocol. Nigerian military culture and tradition are rooted in the British armed forces.
You are a dunce! What is your point exactly? We know you are never coherent in speaking why not just order some snuff!
Wipe your mouth before people see your saliva.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Dede1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
aribisala0:

No old man it is NOT stupidity . THat is the NEW CAMOUFLAGE which was launched this year.http://nigeriannewstrack.com/wpnnt/?p=612
Camouflage is different from regular gear and I guess reading ranks may be confusing to some.

Now I would like to believe that they have reasons for that and would have gone through some process to arrive at that decision.So rather than come and expose your empty head in public AGAIN why not send for some more SNUFF

I have learnt not to cross words with irredeemable lappers such as you. My post has nothing to do with your inconsequential goofy reference on camouflage. A staff officer in Nigerian armed forces should not be a flag post.

The typical example is the naval officer depicted on the video. On the cap, he wore three stars while on the shoulders are the correct naval insignia yet on the cullers of his uniform are British\Nigerian red ribbons signifying his naval rank.

It is a disgrace for a military officer to become a billboard of insignias that represent his\her ranks from two military backgrounds among professional armed forces, olodo.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Dede1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
aribisala0:
You are a dunce! What is your point exactly? We know you are never coherent in speaking why not just order some snuff!
Wipe your mouth before people see your saliva.

If I call you a dullard, it is a heavy-handed compliment.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
Dede1:

I have not learnt much in my many empty years on this planet
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
LOL @ irredeemable lappers ...LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
redsun:

Police is not the army.Army IS for defence and Ffor high state of emergency.It is not the duty of the state government to finance them or even engage them unless in a dire state eemergency.They are not for mundane state security that they the leaders caused as a result of their incessant stealins and mismanagement of public funds.

It is the duty of the police to safeguard the state and provide adequate security,but in nigeria case,there is no police,just like there are no leaders.

^^^Precisely! Securing within the confines of our national borders is the job of the Nigerian Police; now if the Nigerian Police for whatever reason is inept, corrupt and doesn't have a clue how to go about their job, then the gov't should tell us so we know where we all stand.

A situation where a remote border village in the north and banks in Auchi can be raided willy-nilly, with the assailants having all the time in the world, and the police either taken to their heels and cowering in the bush or gutter, or miles away from the scene of the on-going crime......such a situation (given a security budget of about $6 Billion) is unacceptable, and there's no way to spin a defence on it.

Maybe state police (funded partly by the federal gov't) is an option worth considering?
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by niggadee(m): 12:28am On Dec 30, 2012
::Andrew:::
when did naija army start putting stars (pips) on their neck and stomach angry angry
it's normal in official military dress code
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by mensdept: 5:12am On Dec 30, 2012
Apparantly Gov Obi is more interested in appeasing Nigeria than turning Anambra into a model state. Rumor has it that he's behind the building of Abuja Mall. Rumor has it that he's against the creation of state police.

Even though these are rumors, apparantly a security bridge (or bridge to nowhere) is what he's praising the quack army for instead of building a new and stable ultramodern Bridge across the Naija.

Instead of vehicles for the best school teachers in the state, best doctors for the state, best human rights activist, we have more come and beat my people gifts as long as I'm allowed to answer governor.

SO much for APGA
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2012
aribisala0:

Now I would like to believe that they have reasons for that and would have gone through some process to arrive at that decision. So rather than come and expose your empty head in public AGAIN why not send for some more SNUFF

Roflmaoooooo
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 30, 2012
manny4life: LOL @ irredeemable lappers ...LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

What was funny about that? undecided
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2012
manny4life: LOL @ irredeemable lappers ...LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Go and bury the b.itch
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Demdem(m): 7:04am On Dec 30, 2012
I don't blame Obi. If the FG headed by Ebele Retardeen Jonathan has been wisely spending the trillions of naira allocated to security, we won't find ourselves in this mess.
The army right now are involved in local security matters in each states and if these govs are encouraged to support the police (FG's responsibility) why should the army be an exception.
The FG isn't awake to its responsibility.
What is good for the police from the governors is also good for the soldiers. Unfortunate but true.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by delvinmaya(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2012
Ikwere fist son: D samd way western states re exportng ship loads of bank robers,agberos,stret urchins,nd jobles touts 2 odar states
This statement qualifies as the dumbest statement of this outgoing year. If he had thrown a jibe @ u, do you ve to do same? Why not play the maturity part here?
[quote author=Demdem]I don't blame Obi. If the FG headed by Ebele Retardeen Jonathan has been wisely spending the trillions of naira allocated to security, we won't find ourselves in this mess.
The army right now are involved in local security matters in each states and if these govs are encouraged to support the police (FG's responsibility) why should the army be an exception.
The FG isn't awake to its responsibility.
What is good for the police from the governors is also good for the soldiers. Unfortunate but true.

I can't argue with the logic behind your statement, but I find annoying is 1. You insulting the President. That is just plain wrong. Its the highest form of disrespect to Authority, and even the Bible is against such. 2. In implementing funds allocated to any govt institution, its not the president who implements, ever heard of delegation of duties. 3. Its wrong for the governor to donate such, but due to the society we are in,what would one expect. This is my take on this matter
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by NegroNtns(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2012
Dede1:

What a bloody fool. I guess you have never seen a military parade ground in your entire miserable life. Military is strictly regimented and will not tolerate a patchy uniform talk less of wearing uniform out of formal protocol. Nigerian military culture and tradition are rooted in the British armed forces.

Canada and America, like Nigeria, were once British commonwealth. Canada and America no longer keep to the British protocol. Britain does not have a licensed right on how or in what format your military apparels are worn. Because Nigerian Army is a conventional fighting force it is bound by crrtain protocols to keep within a degree of complianc but is not as narrow and constricting as you have alarmed it to be.

If the regimen are so tight as you portray it, then Idi Amin would have been court martialed for his numerous military uniform and rank violations alone.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by tallfish145(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2012
Govt of Osun state is doin more than that! Ipinle omoluabi
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by KENESAGA(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
991: waste of state resources. buying cars for national army while the FG has budgeted almost 6billion for security. by the way anambra road from enugu is the worst in the country.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by Dede1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Canada and America, like Nigeria, were once British commonwealth. Canada and America no longer keep to the British protocol. Britain does not have a licensed right on how or in what format your military apparels are worn. Because Nigerian Army is a conventional fighting force it is bound by crrtain protocols to keep within a degree of complianc but is not as narrow and constricting as you have alarmed it to be.

If the regimen are so tight as you portray it, then Idi Amin would have been court martialed for his numerous military uniform and rank violations alone.

I spent most of time on the campus of military staff college somewhere on earth where military personnel from countries around world attend courses. At no time will military officers from Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Israel or South Africa wear a combination of patches of military ranks on the cap or uniform. Only moronic dingbats in Nigeria will turn themselves into billboards of military ranks from regiment of two countries.

The few times I saw Idi Amin in military uniform, he had worn uniform and rank depicting Field Marshall as rooted in British military culture.
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by manny4life(m): 12:51am On Dec 31, 2012
kingoflag:

What was funny about that? undecided

Lol... dude... Merry Christmas cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by manny4life(m): 12:53am On Dec 31, 2012
aribisala0:
Go and bury the b.itch

Yeah dude. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hey, if you learned the word "Bit.ch", why not use it? undecided undecided undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obi Provides Patrol Vehicles To The Army (pix) by aribisala0(m): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2012
manny4life:

I will bury her

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo State- Oshiomole Where Are The Industries / Massob Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbos! Wop Wop! Ghen Ghen! / Onnoghen: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze, Timi Frank Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.