Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents (4662 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Relationship Between AA And SS / Can A Relationship Between Two Introverted And Shy People Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
For the very first time (im 28 years), i saw my dad kissed my mum yesterday. I grew up to see my parents quarreling and having misunderstanding over little things. The relationship between them has not been that pleasant until recently (even though i dont stay with my parents). I know so many people (families) may be passing through similar situation.

Fellow Nairalanders, please share with us the kind of relationship (sour/good/rosy/bad/etc) that exist between your parents (from your observation) and what influence/impact it has on you and also lessons we can learn.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by k2039: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]Relationship: Sour.

Impact: Mum took full responsibilty for my upbringing, she was dad and mum together, so their relationship didn't really have much impact on me

Lesson: Be a better husband and father than my father.
[/color]

1 Like

Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Relationship: Sour.

Impact: Mum took full responsibilty for my upbringing, she was dad and mum together, so their relationship didn't really have much impact on me

[/color]

That was the same lesson i learnt from my experience also.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
My parents are always together..dad does most of the talk while mum listens. But, if she doesn't agree to something,just knw she is right.

Sometimes dad complains that she is too stubborn, blah blah blah....but if you chip in to support his talk...you are the next victim. What you will hear is...leave my wife for me!

I learnt not to put my mouth whenever they have an argument. I just keep laughing at the side line.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by Iaz93: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
my parents are pretty much how the norm of the marriage in the 80s have been. they believe in culture and values

dad has the inflated ego that I haven't seen in any person. he loves commands even if not required at all. he loves raising his voice. lol, even his advice is more of "no other way about or it or else..." than....sad

mum is fragile takes everything to heart. loves stating her views and if you don't like it, the whole world will hear about it cry

now put these two together and you'll see why I see them few times in a year. now, the love is there, we cover our eyes or leave the room when they start their "Kporo m love gi" cheesy but the love is stale embarassed
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by zoete(f): 1:48am On Dec 30, 2012
;DThe relationship between my parents is a love hate relationship. My mom is an independent hard working woman so whenever my dad misbehave she just throw him out let he go to his own house so when hen get back to his senses he can return cheesy
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by mumumugu(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2012
Cat and dog;-(
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2012
They support nd love one another
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by BukkyDan(f): 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
Vikin: My parents are always together..dad does most of the talk while mum listens. But, if she doesn't agree to something,just knw she is right.

Sometimes dad complains that she is too stubborn, blah blah blah....but if you chip in to support his talk...you are the next victim. What you will hear is...leave my wife for me!

I learnt not to put my mouth whenever they have an argument. I just keep laughing at the side line.

Your dad must be romantic.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
joeydozzy: my parents are pretty much how the norm of the marriage in the 80s have been. they believe in culture and values

dad has the inflated ego that I haven't seen in any person. he loves commands even if not required at all. he loves raising his voice. lol, even his advice is more of "no other way about or it or else..." than....sad

mum is fragile takes everything to heart. loves stating her views and if you don't like it, the whole world will hear about it cry

now put these two together and you'll see why I see them few times in a year. now, the love is there, we cover our eyes or leave the room when they start their "Kporo m love gi" cheesy but the love is stale embarassed

Unlike me, i used to go home once in a year and sometimes once in 2 years because of frequent misunderstandings, but now since they are beginning 2 show affection for each other, i go home more often.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
BukkyDan: Hmm...d only time my dad smiles z when my mum collects ha salary...always quarelling,i sometimes imagine whether they are forced to marry each other...funny part is dat,dad always sings in yoruba after a quarell while mum shouts and rants...they divorced now though,i stay with mum,she is my all,d separation didn't affect me much,cos mum pays my fees ryt 4rm tym...

uhmmm, u guys should start working on bringing them together.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
zoete: ;DThe relationship between my parents is a love hate relationship. My mom is an independent hard working woman so whenever my dad misbehave she just throw him out let he go to his own house so when hen get back to his senses he can return cheesy

embarassed embarassed
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by BukkyDan(f): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by eghost247(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Relationship: Sour.

[/color]
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
BukkyDan: hmn...dear dats nt gonna be possible...cos dad doesn't want me n mum,i'm an only child,they'v neen divorced 4 long nw,and dad doesn't care where we are,if we're alive or not,4get dat man jor, he belives a gal child is useless#laffs# m jst 19yrs with no fatherly love,mtchew,i hate to think of him,yoruba men are wicked

1. Did your mum/dad remarry?
2. Its not impossible- keep praying for him, since you are the only child, one day he will realize his mistakes and call u back.
3. Call him once in a while (to check on him), visit him occasionally
4. dont let that affect your future relationship with yoruba men
5. Focus on your career& ur life, one day he will run after you when you become GREAT.
6. Hold on to God also, its very important.
by the way

7. Not all yoruba men are wicked (you cant conclude based on a single or handful experience you had), there are some good ones out there
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by tpia5: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmm, just pray for him, the problems you described usually go much deeper than what you know or are capable of understanding.

Also, try to have good friends who can help you focus on other things ( and vice versa), and lastly, mind how or what you share in a public capacity, lest your familial enemies use you against the family.

Just my two cents, hope you heal by God's grace.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:
Hmm, just pray for him, the problems you described usually go much deeper than what you know or are capable of understanding.

Also, try to have good friends who can help you focus on other things ( and vice versa), and lastly, mind how or what you share in a public capacity, lest your familial enemies use you against the family.

Just my two cents, hope you heal by God's grace.

i dont get ur advice.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by tpia5: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
I was referring to the person you quoted.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpia@:
I was referring to the person you quoted.

ok, u mean bukkyDan.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by tishat(f): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hnmm my dad wld ve been divorced 10x if he wasn't married to my mum.He's is such a
Difficult person to please!only my mum knows his antidote.he does all the talking,takes all decisions while my mum smiles sheepisly,i always call her a
Fool inlove.She is a
Deeper life member so wen my dad is not getting his usual sadine and bread @ her shop he threatens her with hell fire and it ll served immediately with a
Chilled malt.
Somex I wish I got dat trait from my mother but unfortunately my dad gave me all of his.

1 Like

Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
tishat: Hnmm my dad wld ve been divorced 10x if he wasn't married to my mum.He's is such a
Difficult person to please!only my mum knows his antidote.he does all the talking,takes all decisions while my mum smiles sheepisly,i always call her a
Fool inlove.She is a
Deeper life member so wen my dad is not getting his usual sadine and bread @ her shop he threatens her with hell fire and it ll served immediately with a
Chilled malt.
Somex I wish I got dat trait from my mother but unfortunately my dad gave me all of his.

babe,u need 2 work on yourself then if u hav ALL those atitude 4rm ur dad, cus most guys wont lyk such atitude.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by tishat(f): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2012
Yesooo am very calm now and things are smooth that way only that I feel foolish sometimes but I know if I bring in my wiseness wahala ll burst.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by ffo(m): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2012
tishat: Yesooo am very calm now and things are smooth that way only that I feel foolish sometimes but I know if I bring in my wiseness wahala ll burst.

You dont have 2 feel "foolish" when you are doing the right thing and pleasing God.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by BukkyDan(f): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
ffo:

1. Did your mum/dad remarry?
2. Its not impossible- keep praying for him, since you are the only child, one day he will realize his mistakes and call u back.
3. Call him once in a while (to check on him), visit him occasionally
4. dont let that affect your future relationship with yoruba men
5. Focus on your career& ur life, one day he will run after you when you become GREAT.
6. Hold on to God also, its very important.
by the way

7. Not all yoruba men are wicked (you cant conclude based on a single or handful experience you had), there are some good ones out there
tnx hon...
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by richardifeanyi(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
i feel for them shaa sad, they hav been together as long as i know and now that they suppose to retire and live happilly to their old age, they started quarreling. well i don't know what to do co in this case two of them wronged each other and none refused to go for forgiveness
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by nanalady(f): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2013
Mine are separated..thank God
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
Cat and Mouse.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by KateSpade(f): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Currently: good

They have been married for over 30 years. They would fight and argue a lot then every 3 yrs or so they would get along for like a month. I guess after 30 yrs they decided to stop fighting so much and learned how to talk to each other.
Re: Describe The Relationship Between Your Parents by TableLeg(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
Great!

(1) (Reply)

Hi Peoples! I Am New Here & I Have A Question For My Naija Men! / Nine Secrets Most Women Dont Tell Their Men / Advice Me: A Girl Is Forcing Me To Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.