Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! (7423 Views)

11 Governors Storm Ekiti For Fayose's Project / Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2012
like seriously, did somebody just compare Anambra's economy to Oyo state's?
Seriously, some Swesterners need to braoden their territorial horizon, OYO state can never compete with a state like Anambra in the Area of commerce and economy, this one no be wash o. Leave such comparisons for places like Lagos and may be Kano, OYO does not come any close at all.
I have been to many SW states, seriously, they are acient in looks and arrangement. They have got Nothing on Eastern states from Owerri, Enugu, Umuohia, Awka even Onitsha, all boast of better astethic and pristin looks than Oyo, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and co. . . Yes that is a statement of fact. Sw states look too unkempt and rowdy to even begin to boast of beauty and asthetics.

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by ujchief(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2012
This thread just degenerated to the lowest level of tribe bashing! Trace the cause and see, someone expressed an opinion contrary to OP, and mayhem was unleashed on him. In comes the tribal warlords and down goes the thread!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by ujchief(m): 9:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

na lie, omo Igbo nie, get the fvck out of the west and get your butt down to your erosion ridden kidnappers dungeon.
b'cos he had a contrary opinion, which he is entitled to, u tag him 'Igbo' and rained insults on him.
I was expecting to learn a thing or two in this thread, but the direction it headed after ur uncouth comment leaves much to be desired.
I'm out. Nanscence!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
rhymz: like seriously, did somebody just compare Anambra's economy to Oyo state's?
Seriously, some Swesterners need to braoden their territorial horizon, OYO state can never compete with a state like Anambra in the Area of commerce and economy, this one no be wash o. Leave such comparisons for places like Lagos and may be Kano, OYO does not come any close at all.
I have been to many SW states, seriously, they are acient in looks and arrangement. They have got Nothing on Eastern states from Owerri, Enugu, Umuohia, Awka even Onitsha, all boast of better astethic and pristin looks than Oyo, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and co. . . Yes that is a statement of fact. Sw states look too unkempt and rowdy to even begin to boast of beauty and asthetics.

The day Anambra reaches the level of Oyo, heavens would fall.

Bring the GDP of Anambra and compare it with Oyo

Bring out any Stats out any HDI Oyo bests Anambra everyday of the week including weekends

Anambra ko Umblerra ni

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by queensmith: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by EkoIle1: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
Abagworo:

When someone first tried to tribalise this thread, I warned him. If a Yoruba PDP member tries to rubbish ACN's achievements it does not in any way warrant calling out Igbos. The reason why most Yorubas on Nairaland assume Igboland to be less developed is because they've not been there and again because of the wrong use of this medium by some people to lay complaints and hence show only the negative part. Most of the cities in the SW are quite ancient and has clusters of mud houses with rusty roof but the only thing SE cities lack is good roads and repainting of old houses. Places like Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia are quite beautiful and not to be compared with any city in the SW. I'm in Osogbo at the moment.

That nuisance chino is now Yoruba right. Who else is not Yoruba on NL? Is claiming Yoruba the new fad? Please keep your rubbish to yourself...
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2012
queensmith: I even want to know where these GDP figures and stats are coming from, and if you people arent just trying to measure states by the number of tall painted buildings it has. . . . . . .

The following table presents a listing of Nigeria's 36 states ranked in order of their total GDP (PPP) in 2007.[1]

Rank State PPP GDP (2010;
in millios
of USD)
1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
- Federal Capital Territory US$11,448
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

You can see the position of Oyo in top 4. The highest state without Oil or a Federal Capital while Anambra is languishing below Osun, Ondo and benue
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by queensmith: 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
queensmith: where did u get that from?

Google Nigerian states by GDP
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

The day Anambra reaches the level of Oyo, heavens would fall.

Bring the GDP of Anambra and compare it with Oyo

Bring out any Stats out any HDI Oyo bests Anambra everyday of the week including weekends

Anambra ko Umblerra ni

On education, immunizations for children, and all the indicies that actually matter Anambra is much better. What good is GDP if you have an illiterate population? High infant mortality?

Anambra's literacy among women is one of the highest in Nigeria. You learn a hell of a lot about a population from how women are doing.

Those stats can be found on the BBC website which was tabulated by WB and UN.

GDP is the reason why America is doing better than Nigeria, what a joke cheesy
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by geeez: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
From the GDP of states, the total GDP of the SW is $78.8bn and that of the SE is $36.9bn. If you take the GDP of Lagos away from that of the SW, the GDP of the region will be $45.1bn. Still way higher than the GDP of the whole of the SE.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

The following table presents a listing of Nigeria's 36 states ranked in order of their total GDP (PPP) in 2007.[1]

Rank State PPP GDP (2010;
in millios
of USD)
1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
- Federal Capital Territory US$11,448
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

You can see the position of Oyo in top 4. The highest state without Oil or a Federal Capital while Anambra is languishing below Osun, Ondo and benue
DayoKanu you should be more intelligent than this. You want to argue about states' GDP based on the nonsensical and partisan list posted by some anonymous Dude prolly from the southwest or even Oyo State.
The claims of the list are very laughable and unworthy of any serious intellectual analysis.
What was their criteria and what data were available to them to come to such conclusions that does not reflect the reality on ground.
Wikipedia of all places na im be the basis of your claims. . .lol. . Guy I can go to that wikipaedia page and edit that list to my taste, Bullcrap. It will take OYO state a life time to control the kind of money that Anambra controls, na where OyO state wan start? Is it in terms of commerce or industries? Most of what Oyo state boasts of today are redundant investments with little or no life at all. By the way, the federal goverment just started the computation of states' GDP in this 2012 so where is your fabricated list coming from? Perhaps one mischievious Yoruba man in Ibadan with big dreams. Scheeeew

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
On education, immunizations for children, and all the indicies that actually matter Anambra is much better. What good is GDP if you have an illiterate population? High infant mortality?

Anambra's literacy among women is one of the highest in Nigeria. You learn a hell of a lot about a population from how women are doing.

However, is Anambra better than Oyo state - yes, or no??

Nigerian education is irrelevant because the standard appalling! undecided
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2012
I cant believe the way these people a screaming GDP as though its what matters grin

China's GDP is bigger than Japan's are we now going to honestly say China beats Japan on living standards? Or quality of life?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
rhymz: DayoKanu you should be more intelligent than this. You want to argue about states' GDP based on the nonsensical and partisan list posted by some anonymous Dude prolly from the southwest or even Oyo State.
The claims of the list are very laughable and unworthy of any serious intellectual analysis.
What was their criteria and what data were available to them to come to such conclusions that does not reflect the reality on ground.
Wikipedia of all places na im be the basis of your claims. . .lol. . Guy I can go to that wikipaedia page and edit that list to my taste, Bullcrap. It will take OYO state a life time to control the kind of money that Anambra controls, na where OyO state wan start? Is it in terms of commerce or industries? Most of what Oyo state boasts of today are redundant investments with little or no life at all. By the way, the federal goverment just started the computation of states' GDP in this 2012 so where is your fabricated list coming from? Perhaps one mischievious Yoruba man in Ibadan with big dreams. Scheeeew

Oyo state made the list of top 10 African cities to watch out for - where was Anambra on that list??

You lot need to get a life and allow the dyck waving contest... Jheez!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
However, China's population is like 100 times the population of Japan....

Do the maths and see why the standard of living in Japan is better than China - that's just common sense! undecided
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

However, is Anambra better than Oyo state - yes, or no??

Nigerian education is irrelevant because the standard appalling! undecided

On female literacy. Yes.
On number of children who receive life saving immunizations before five years old. Yes.

According to the BBC stats Lagos, Rivers, and Abuja have real wealth to talk about.

Better is figurative in my opinion, each state offers different things that suit certain needs.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx: However, China's population is like 100 times the population of Japan....

Do the maths and see why the standard of living in Japan is better than China - that's just common sense! undecided

What does populatiom have to do with anything.

America has more people than Nigeria and has a better quality of life several times over.

Is it anyone's fault the America thinks investing in its citizens is worthwhile?

Unlike Nigeria, China's HDI will continue to get better because they are actually doing something about it. While you dummies argue about two poor states in an equally poor country.

Even poor as dirt Ethiopia will meet MDG set by the UN before Nigeria with Africa's second largest population.

Excuses...
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
On female literacy. Yes.
On number of children who receive life saving immunizations before five years old. Yes.

According to the BBC stats Lagos, Rivers, and Abuja have real wealth to talk about.

Better is figurative in my opinion, each state offers different things that suit certain needs.

However, can we use the standard of education in Nigeria to judge that? Albeit the difference between the two states in terms of female literacy is not really that much, anyway... Oyo's GDP on the other hand is more than twice the GDP of Anambra...

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Google Nigerian states by GDP
I did all I found were Nairaland and wikipaedia claims, no serious government agencies, no reputable international Organization with expertise on such matters, just wiki and some anonymous websites including NL. . .what a joke. Onitsha alone controls more money than the whole of Oyo state not to talk of Nnewi and other industrialized parts of Anambra. Na only Lagos fit make such claims no be Oyo wey be like acient village. . . .scheeeew
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

However, can we use the standard of education in Nigeria to judge that? Albeit the difference between the two states in terms of female literacy is not really that much, anyway... Oyo's GDP on the other hand is more than twice the GDP of Anambra...

What kind of argument is that? We can count one stat that favors me but not the one that favors someone else. Its a big difference by the way Anambra is pushing about 90%+ with female literacy which is very important considering most populations are majority female.

So what about GDP? With all this extra money why is education attainment better in the "poor" SE then?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
What does populatiom have to do with anything.

America has more people than Nigeria and has a better quality of life several times over.

Is it anyone's fault the America thinks investing in its citizens is worthwhile?

Unlike Nigeria, China's HDI will continue to get better because they are actually doing something about it. While you dummies argue about two poor states in an equally poor country.

Even poor as dirt Ethiopia will meet MDG set by the UN before Nigeria with Africa's second largest population.

Excuses...

You compared the GDPs of the countries against their standard of living and I cited why the standard of living in Japan is better than China... GDP per capita in china is $8,382 and Japan is $46,895... So common sense should be able to tell you why the standard of living in Japan is better than China!!

I don't have time for your other tosh - I'm just here to set the records straight! undecided undecided
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:

There you lie.

Below is the stats from Givernment on Unemployment and poverty

Check this stats from the government here. I can help you with some extract

Oyo state Poverty 51.8% Unemployment 8.9%
Osun State Poverty 37.9% Unemployment 3%
Ogun State Poverty 62.3% Unemployment 22.9%
Ondo State Poverty 45.7% Unemployment 12.5%
Ekiti State Poverty 52.4% Unemployment 12.1%
Lagos State Poverty 48.6% Unemployment 8.3%

Anambra State Poverty 56.8% Unemployment 12.1%
Enugu State Poverty 62.5% Unemployment 25.2%
Imo State Poverty 50.5% Unemployment 26.1%
Abia State Poverty 57.4% Unemployment 11.2%
Ebonyi State Poverty 73.6% Unemployment 23.1%

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

Osun Oyo and Lagos State have Unemployment under 10 % and Only Ogun State have over 20%. No single Igbo state has Unemployment under 10% actually 3 of them have over 20%

In terms of Poverty Lagos, Osun and Ondo have Poverty under 50% , While No single Igbo state have Poverty under 50% Ebonyi has almost 3/4 of the people living in abject poverty

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2012
rhymz: I did all I found were Nairaland and wikipaedia claims, no serious government agencies, no reputable international Organization with expertise on such matters, just wiki and some anonymous websites including NL. . .what a joke. Onitsha alone controls more money than the whole of Oyo state not to talk of Nnewi and other industrialized parts of Anambra. Na only Lagos fit make such claims no be Oyo wey be like acient village. . . .scheeeew

Show us any stats that shows Anambra ahead of Oyo. ANY stats whatsoever
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
What kind of argument is that? We can count one stat that favors me but not the one that favors someone else. Its a big difference by the way Anambra is pushing about 90%+ with female literacy which is very important considering most populations are majority female.

So what about GDP? With all this extra money why is education attainment better in the "poor" SE then?

Who cares?? With the 90% female literacy level(Nigerian education loooool), what have they achieved?? The most important thing is the GDP and the creation of wealth - and Oyo state has a higher GDP than Anambra... grin

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

Who cares?? With the 90% female literacy level(Nigerian education loooool), what have they achieved?? The most important thing is the GDP and the creation of wealth - and Oyo state has a higher GDP than Anambra... grin

Oyo has a higher GDP, Lower poverty and lower unemployment than Anambra.

Let them show us any index that places Anambra ahead of Oyo. I am sure they would come and tell us the govt provided stat is also faulty but ask them how they know Anambra is better than Oyo and they would say "My uncle told me so" or "I can see it"

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Proudly Yoruba, Proudly Pace Setter!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Oyo has a higher GDP, Lower poverty and lower unemployment than Anambra.

Let them show us any index that places Anambra ahead of Oyo. I am sure they would come and tell us the govt provided stat is also faulty but ask them how they know Anambra is better than Oyo and they would say "My uncle told me so" or "I can see it"

Lmao... grin
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

Oyo state made the list of top 10 African cities to watch out for - where was Anambra on that list??

You lot need to get a life and allow the dyck waving contest... Jheez!! undecided
Am not here to argue rhetorics with you, it is useless especially when one considers the fact that you have never been to Nigeria. So what exactly will I be arguing with you? Assumptions and unsubstantiated claims. . . .scheeew. . Abeg let real Nigerians post jare!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

You compared the GDPs of the countries against their standard of living and I cited why the standard of living in Japan is better than China... GDP per capita in china is $8,382 and Japan is $46,895... So common sense should be able to tell you why the standard of living in Japan is better than China!!

I don't have time for your other tosh - I'm just here to set the records straight! undecided undecided

The standard of living has nothing to do with GDP.

The US GDP is larger than Norway but quality of life is higher in the latter.

You don't want to answer the rest because your bs cant explain away fact and actual truth.

GDP in Nigeria is higher than Ethiopia's so why the hell when it comes to infant mortality their rates have gone down while Nigeria's are some of the highest in the world?

You folks try to bs everyone and everything wheb the real joke is on you.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2012
rhymz: Am not here to argue rhetorics with you, it is useless especially when one considers the fact that you have never been to Nigeria. So what exactly will I be arguing with you? Assumptions and unsubstantiated claims. . . .scheeew. . Abeg let real Nigerians post jare!

Bwahahaha - you had to run with your tail between your legs, no??

Again - why is Anambra not on the list of the top 10 African cities to watch out for?? grin

I'm here to acquire knowledge and I'll like you to educate me, Mr. Nigeria... cool cool
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

Thia coming from a guy who has never seen Nigeria cheesy

What has Oyo achieved with its GDP? Is quality of life better than Abuja? Akwa Ibom even cheesy

Let it be the next state to watch. No one will take you seriously if you have a populatiom dumb as a rock and children dying before they can walk.

Cuba that has embargoes up the a.s.s has better HDI than Nigeria and is poor what da fuq is thatcheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unauthorized Withdrawal Of NLNG Dividends: NNPC Insists On Full Disclosure / 2023: South East Stakeholders Drive Support For Yahaya Bello's Presidency / NASS Leadership: Aspirants Not Consulted Before Zoning, Adamu Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.