Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! (7285 Views)

11 Governors Storm Ekiti For Fayose's Project / Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Show us any stats that shows Anambra ahead of Oyo. ANY stats whatsoever
Actually there's none, neither is there any authentic stats that puts Oyo state ahead of Anambra, na beans? Scheeew, abi na to dey fabricate one come put am for wiki na im be part of the one wey u take dey argue? Abegi
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

The following table presents a listing of Nigeria's 36 states ranked in order of their total GDP (PPP) in 2007.[1]

Rank State PPP GDP (2010;
in millios
of USD)
1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
- Federal Capital Territory US$11,448
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334
11 Cross River State US$9,292
12 Abia State US$8,687
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011

You can see the position of Oyo in top 4. The highest state without Oil or a Federal Capital while Anambra is languishing below Osun, Ondo and benue

You and me know the truth, those dollar denominated GDP figures is just a wash, American states were substituted with Nigerian states to present that doctored statistics. Welldone Dayo, your mumuness is gaining momentum.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:

Thia coming from a guy who has never seen Nigeria cheesy

What has Oyo achieved with its GDP? Is quality of life better than Abuja? Akwa Ibom even cheesy

Let it be the next state to watch. No one will take you seriously if you have a populatiom dumb as a rock and children dying before they can walk.

Cuba that has embargoes up the a.s.s has better HDI than Nigeria and is poor what da fuq is thatcheesy

have you seen that in Poverty and Unemployment Oyo is still better than Anambra or what other straws are we clutching onto now?

Rhymz and co So what stats show Anambra as better than Oyo
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
The standard of living has nothing to do with GDP.

The US GDP is larger than Norway but quality of life is higher in the latter.

You don't want to answer the rest because your bs cant explain away fact and actual truth.

GDP in Nigeria is higher than Ethiopia's so why the hell when it comes to infant mortality their rates have gone down while Nigeria's are some of the highest in the world?

You folks try to bs everyone and everything wheb the real joke is on you.

No matter how you try to twist and turn the argument, the GDP per capita income will always be the sole reason for the better standard of living... Compare the GDP per capita of Norway($97,254) to the US($48,386) - that tells you all you need to know...

As for the rest of your tosh, I can't be ars.ed to waste my bandwidth on that crap... undecided

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2012
queensmith: I even want to know where these GDP figures and stats are coming from, and if you people arent just trying to measure states by the number of tall painted buildings it has. . . . . . .

The stats is rubbish, and in dollars? abeg!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
queensmith: where did u get that from?

From dipping his fingers into his anus, smelling it and then typing anything that comes to his deranged brain.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
My thing is thay you are criticizing Anambra's education stats and Nigerian education. That's fine, but what education do you think the folks that calculated the GDP figure you are holding on used? Papua New Guinea education? Bangladeshi education? Turkey degree?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:
Thia coming from a guy who has never seen Nigeria cheesy

What has Oyo achieved with its GDP? Is quality of life better than Abuja? Akwa Ibom even cheesy

Let it be the next state to watch. No one will take you seriously if you have a populatiom dumb as a rock and children dying before they can walk.

Cuba that has embargoes up the a.s.s has better HDI than Nigeria and is poor what da fuq is thatcheesy

The topic is about Oyo state and Anambra - can you stick to the topic?? undecided

I don't even care about the dyck waving contest but you Anambra folks are too noisy for my liking... You'd think Anambra is paradise on earth with the way you lot run your mouth on this forum... Other Igbos can't even stand you guys, you seriously need to get a grip, and get back to planet earth... Jheez!!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Google Nigerian states by GDP

And who gave the fools those lazy stats, you?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2012
rhymz: Actually there's none, neither is there any authentic stats that puts Oyo state ahead of Anambra, na beans? Scheeew, abi na to dey fabricate one come put am for wiki na im be part of the one wey u take dey argue? Abegi

That is also wiki too?

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

The topic is about Oyo state and Anambra - can you stick to the topic?? undecided

I don't even care about the dyck waving contest but you Anambra folks are too noisy for my liking... You'd think Anambra is paradise on earth with the you lot run your mouth on this forum... Other Igbos can't even stand you guys, you seriously need to get a grip, and get back to planet earth... Jheez!!

Yes you do otherwise you wouldnt be here parroting Dayo line of attack.

And what does that have anything to do with what we are discussing.

You folks act like Lagos is heaven on Earth when its a step above a glorified dump. Why don't you get a grip and see how actual cities are being built instead of the half as.s copy you guys brag about?

At the end of the day GDP is where it begins and enda for Oyo. Big whoop.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:

You folks act like Lagos is heaven on Earth when its a step above a glorified dump. Why don't you get a grip and see how actual cities are being built instead of the half as.s copy you guys brag about?

Lagos is a dump the SW is a dump yet your people are always migrating there in droves. Your region must be worse than dumps then

The migration pattern always follow the wealth pattern

More people would move from mexico to USA, More people would move from poorer region to more prosperous regions

That shows why SE people are always moving to the SWest
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Show us any stats that shows Anambra ahead of Oyo. ANY stats whatsoever

Who gives a flying fhuck about stats when there is nothing in this world that suggests the worst Anambra town is not better than the best Oyo city. In statistics I can beat Manny Paquiao silly in 10 seconds but come to the ring, Manny rules. Anambra will continue to rule Oyo in everything abeg.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

That is also wiki too?

Im surprised you actually went along with the stats, I thought PDP can't do anything right cheesy
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

have you seen that in Poverty and Unemployment Oyo is still better than Anambra or what other straws are we clutching onto now?

Rhymz and co So what stats show Anambra as better than Oyo

Who made the statistics? This country is a huge joke, seriously.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

Who gives a flying fhuck about stats when there is nothing in this world that suggests the worst Anambra town is not better than the best Oyo city. In statistics I can beat Manny Paquiao silly in 10 seconds but come to the ring, Manny rules. Anambra will continue to rule Oyo in everything abeg.

So what stats point to it that you can beat Pacquaio? Show us please
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:

And who brags about Lagos?? I tell it as it is despite being from Lagos... However, you can't deny the fact that Lagos is the most prosperous state in Nigeria....

Glorified dump - yet your people stay trooping there like it's paradise on earth... grin

The joke is you and your ilk, mate... wink

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2012
Crayola1:

Im surprised you actually went along with the stats, I thought PDP can't do anything right cheesy

So if PDP tell us the Capital of Lagos is Ikeja we should say its a lie?

I thought you were more educated than this?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

No matter how you try to twist and turn the argument, the GDP per capita income will always be the sole reason for the better standard of living... Compare the GDP per capita of Norway($97,254) to the US($48,386) - that tells you all you need to know...

As for the rest of your tosh, I can't be ars.ed to waste my bandwidth on that crap... undecided

How much crap you talk should surprise even a mad man.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

Who made the statistics? This country is a huge joke, seriously.

I ask show us something that points to Anambra better than Oyo. I have shown you GDP, Poverty rate, Unemployment rate

Show us anything apart from the usual "I saw it with my eyes", "My uncle told me" "Its in my grandmothers village library like ACM10 told us since last year"
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
van bonattel:

How much crap you talk should surprise even a mad man.

Oh well - that's the same crap that brought Crayola1 to the 'yard'!! wink grin

#Winning
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

So what stats point to it that you can beat Pacquaio? Show us please

Good, what stats proves I CANNOT beat him either? SHOW US PLEASE Mr stats?
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Lagos is a dump the SW is a dump yet your people are always migrating there in droves. Your region must be worse than dumps then

More people would move from mexico to USA, More people would move from poorer region to more prosperous regions

My people? No dear, my people troop the NYC, LA, and co.

Furthermore lets take my home state of NY for example, people are actually leaving to go to places like Georgia and Colorodo. But NY wealthier than the two by miles so are you trying to tell me that people are leaving "rich" NY for "poor" Georgia or are they moving because certain things are favorable in the latter than the Former?

Next, Lagos is not the SW. Its a part of the SW, most people in Nigeria are heading to Lagos not Ibadan and all the other towns I cant type cheesy

No one is packing to head over to Ekiti cheesy
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by rhymz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Oyo has a higher GDP, Lower poverty and lower unemployment than Anambra.

Let them show us any index that places Anambra ahead of Oyo. I am sure they would come and tell us the govt provided stat is also faulty but ask them how they know Anambra is better than Oyo and they would say "My uncle told me so" or "I can see it"

Guy every statistics you have provided here are either fictitious or redundant, your link does not have the fabricated information you have posted. . .lol. . .mr man, is your name Oluwole abi Oluwole na your brother? How come every information you have to make your argument is phoney and non-existent. . Lol

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Talk Oyo and not Lagos, and to tell you, yoruba people are starting to show up in large numbers in the east these days.
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
My Igbos brothers, you lot need to stop blowing your own trumpets - it's counterproductive!!

The real "bad boys" move in silence... wink

All the best in 2013 - still got love for my Anambra and Igbo doozies...

One Nigeria, one-Nubians, one Black people...

Hotep!! cool
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Crayola1: 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

So if PDP tell us the Capital of Lagos is Ikeja we should say its a lie?

I thought you were more educated than this?

My point is that you people never attribute anything good to PDP so color me surprised that you are holding this a gold standard. Can you honestly say if the data didn't agree with your bigotry you would be talking about those figures like you are now?

I can accept the fact the US is not number one in everything but be truthful if this said Oyo was poor would you be so team PDP nowcheesy
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by vanbonattel: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

I ask show us something that points to Anambra better than Oyo. I have shown you GDP, Poverty rate, Unemployment rate

Show us anything apart from the usual "I saw it with my eyes", "My uncle told me" "Its in my grandmothers village library like ACM10 told us since last year"

How can I tow your line of stupidity, do you want me to go about posting false stats like you? God forbid bad thing.
And I dont want to school you with the facts that all those things you call stats are as reliable as your hopeless census figures, nothing from this country can be trusted so take those your useless stats and shove it up your anus!
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2012
Financial Times lists Ibadan as one of 5 African cities to watch!

In an article published by the Financial Times, Ibadan is listed as one of the “next 5” cities in Africa. According to the article, the city possesses a “rapidly growing economy but serious business climate deficiencies – that offer some of the biggest potential rewards – provided multinationals can stomach the risks.”

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2012/03/14/africa-10-cities-to-watch/#axzz2F2oGBGPV
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
Stop hating on Ibadan and Oyo state, the next pride of Nigeria!! grin

1 Like

Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
dayokanu:

i seriously agree with this, the number of the ibo pple in ibadan is terifyn, they dominate the whole of dugbe market and aleshinloye selling okirika...they dominate my church and preach that Ajimobi is wicked and is trying to send them back 2 their villages hungry...i say to then Go baaack!!.lmao
Re: Something Is Happening In Ekiti — For Real! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
Can we get back to topic and discuss Ekiti?? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abducted PDP National Youth Leader, Sunday Udeh-okoye Regains Freedom / Gov. Ikpeazu Calls For Enforcement Of Anti-Open Grazing Law / Datti Ahmed Laughing After INEC Witness Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.