Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... (775 Views)

When Looking For A Potential Life Partner,what Are Your Top 3 Criteria / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner / Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
A lot of people have the wrong perception; thinking the church is a place to get the best husband/wife material...Well I'm not saying it doesn't happen but you might want to have a rethink.
The Church is like a hospital where sick people (sinners) go to so that they can get healing (straightened). If you met someone while still in the healing (change) process and you think he/she is already a good material, you might be seriously wrong. That's where many have made mistakes tehy can't take back, especially ladies.

Because a guy/chic is in the choir, active in Church activities doesn't mean he/she has fully straightened, he/she might still be battling with certain bad attitudes (e.g. womanizing/seduction, hot temperateness etc ). All you need do is to do proper check before jumping in.

Besides there are many PRETENDERS in the Church today...just be careful

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by beylinko(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
U are damn right. Probability of fallin into d wrong hand can also happen if 1 is not sensitive.
Nevertheless, it is 1 of d best place 2 get the right patner. It takes gut 4 a person to recognise his problem n want 2 change.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
When it comes to choosing a partner, these days, the church might be a wrong place. But I would rather tk d risk of choosing from church than to choose frm d streets or clubs.
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
beylinko: U are damn right. Probability of fallin into d wrong hand can also happen if 1 is not sensitive.
Nevertheless, it is 1 of d best place 2 get the right patner. It takes gut 4 a person to recognise his problem n want 2 change.

Its still the best place, just go with ur mind open for suprises and be ready to do some proof-checking.
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by Royalty1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
So where is the best place to go? The dance club?
Nah!
I do not agree with your comparing the church with an hospital where sick peoplego for healing. It is also a place where saints go to be refreshed and to fellowship with each other.
Though church members have their own faults, at least a vast majority of them are striving towards perfection. I think that is the best place to look for a partner. There is no perfect mate. We are all working towards being better.
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Royalty1: So where is the best place to go? The dance club?
Nah!
I do not agree with your comparing the church with an hospital where sick peoplego for healing. It is also a place where saints go to be refreshed and to fellowship with each other.
Though church members have their own faults, at least a vast majority of them are striving towards perfection. I think that is the best place to look for a partner. There is no perfect mate. We are all working towards being better.
Agreed! Saints also do go there to refresh; the comparism wasn't to deface the entire essence of the Church, part of its effect is what I mentioned - a healing ground for all forms of evil deeds. And I didn't categorically say u can't get a good partner there, I'm just tryng to correct mistakes a lot of people make by concluding that anyone they meet in the Church is straightened, thereby letting down their guards and checks...
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by tpia5: 1:19am On Dec 31, 2012
Churchiness does not mean character.

Anyone looking for a spouse either within or outside the church, still has to evaluate the type of character they think they can deal with, end of.

Failure to do so for whatever reason, is still your responsibility.

And the person looking shouldnt be pot calling kettle black? If you yourself have comma, dont be badmouthing others for the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by 190: 2:01am On Dec 31, 2012
IF CHURCH DOESNT WORK HOW ABOUT MOSQUE
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by HIV1: 2:15am On Dec 31, 2012
People can be pretentious . If you meet a lady or guy outside the the church you will want to be careful but when you meet any at the religious house you think they are saint, my brother they are not. I know of one that used to come to my office . Even her own SU reach the level that she doesnt use ear rings but the MD still bang her in the office. angry
Those are the type that will have one Mugun as a boyfriend and be claiming to be a virgin saying thou shall not touch till the wedding day. angry
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by Mynd44: 5:16am On Dec 31, 2012
Any girl you meet, Infact any person you meet, you still have to watch well before making any decision. It does not matter if the person is the leader of the organisation you have to know the person before taking a decision on him/her else you might be heading for wahala
Re: Looking For A Life Partner? Church Might Not Be The Best Place... by busybee24: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2012
Not to mention the appalling state of some nigerian churches.
where you need to get the pastor to "Approve" your mate
or where someone has "helped" the pastor along in approving a mate for you
all churches are filled with hypocrites after all we are human.. but Nigerian churches... think thrice before you jump
infidelity and all sort of sordid things are rife and not attended too.. yet they are quick to point out other simplified issues..
beware i tell ya beware.
thats no to say of course that there arent marvelous men and women you can meet in church

(1) (Reply)

7 Bad Habits That Ruin 'beautiful' Relationships / He’s Not My Friend. He’s My Husband / What Is The Worst Thing To Say To Someone Who Just Got Dumped Boy Or Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.