Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? (16327 Views)

4 Major Differences Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner. / What Is A Soul Mate And How Do You Know When You've Found Yours? / Mistakes Made In Choosing A Life Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by meedo(f): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2007
pls guys what's the difference between a soul mate and a life partner?
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by vindoheney(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2007
A soul mate is some one that u just met and it seems as if u have known that person before and a life partner is someone u can live the rest of your life with. u can live the rest of your life with a soul mate but it is not always like that.

It may be that your soul mate can be your friend but can't be your husband. Someone that knows u better that the person u love and yet sometimes u find it hard to live your life partner for your soul mate. like i said they r almost the same.

A life partner can be your soul mate because once you're able to understand each other and if you to agree then he has turn to life partner and no longer soul mate. but like i said it does nt always happen like that.Some believe that soul mate is not real and its just purely sexual. An attraction but its real and if u get serious with it , then u have your life partner.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by meedo(f): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2007
Thanks to you all for your replies.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by ebos(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2007
Only just one person responded and u said thanks you all for your reply. abi na expectancy thank you?
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by ebos(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
To summarise it - soul mate is a friend, and a life partner could be a husband or wife as long as divorce does not come along the way
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Mandora(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
In my opinion, a soul mate is a person who is pre-natally chosen for you; who u may not get to meet in a particular life time but who definitely have to share ur existence at on point in ur existence. A life partner may just b limited 2 a particular life time it may just turn out 2 b somebody u've decided 2 stay wit come rain or shine 4 a life time
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by onome02(f): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
soul mate is one u connect with, it's unexplainable, something deep down, a life partner is who u're married to (lol)
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Rocco: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2007
onome02:

soul mate is one u connect with, it's unexplainable, something deep down, a life partner is who u're married to (lol)

i definitely agree
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by rikkyjen(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
Oyinbo too much sef! grin grin

Ofcourse there is no difference between soul mate and life partner. They work together Vis a vis. If someone is not ur soul mate, how can you be life partners.

Same as, if someone is ur life partner, you are obviously soul mates!!. If your life partner is not ur soul mate, then how do we reconcile that? Too much grammar entrapment sef! .

If anybody thinks otherwise, then go in search of a soul mate and in search of a life partner on a different wavelength, hopefully you will find, but dont forget to sign a Pre-nup if your new found partner does not have these 2 qualities.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Olufidu(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2007
Soul mates are poeple in soul TIE  grin grin grin they are bound together by some sort of convenant (most of the time ungodly ones) and they may not even know about it. Whereas marrital partners are joined together in Holy Matrimony. Soul mate is a lot deeper than I have put it. Let me know if you need more info. cool cool cool
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Everbright(f): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2007
A life partner is someone you spend the rest of your life with while a soulmate is one who reasons together with you ie someone3 you just flow with
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by 2dye4(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
rikkyjen:

Ofcourse there is no difference between soul mate and life partner. They work together Vis a vis. If someone is not your soul mate, how can you be life partners.

Same as, if someone is your life partner, you are obviously soul mates!!. If your life partner is not your soul mate, then how do we reconcile that? Too much grammar entrapment sef! .

If anybody thinks otherwise, then go in search of a soul mate and in search of a life partner on a different wavelength, hopefully you will find, but don't forget to sign a Pre-nup if your new found partner does not have these 2 qualities.

i'd kill to differ on ur post. its not over-rated grammar, they mean 2 different things entirely. likesome posters, said a life partner does not necessarily imply a soul mate (pple marry for different right or wrong reasons) and soul mate mite be someone u just connect with on a deeper level but doesnt mean ur married to that person.

@Olufidu:soul mate does not "mostly conote some sort of evil/ungodly tie" like u said in ur post. there's just that one person that seems to get u right (consciously or otherwise) when the entire world can't.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by rikkyjen(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2007
Everbright:

A life partner is someone you spend the rest of your life with while a soulmate is one who reasons together with you ie someone3 you just flow with

So what do you call a life partner who reasons together and flows with you?  sad undecided  Contradictory Innit?.

or don't you think a life partner is supposed to be a soul mate too?

As i said earlier, Oyinbo repete! Grammar too much. Dont Y'all feel both soulmate and lifepartner are supposed to be intertwined and are supposed to work hand in hand!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by osereka(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2007
soulmate is your life partner and your life partner is your soulmate. if you get soulmate and you are still looking for life partner, NA U SABI !
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by 2dye4(m): 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
@rikk "or don't you think a life partner is supposed to be a soul mate too?"

very hypothetical don't u think? the answer to your question is Yes but in reality its not always so.

@osereska: ur so on ur own.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Iskwew(f): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2007
yup yup, Not always the case, but a soul mate ideally should be your life partner. makes for a more tolerable life!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Shentz(f): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2007
Wow

I know the difference now
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by onome02(f): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2007
Iskwew:

yup yup, Not always the case, but a soul mate ideally should be your life partner. makes for a more tolerable life!

dats true but honestly how many life partners are soulmates?
rikkyjen:

Ofcourse there is no difference between soul mate and life partner. They work together Vis a vis. If someone is not your soul mate, how can you be life partners.

Same as, if someone is your life partner, you are obviously soul mates!!. If your life partner is not your soul mate, then how do we reconcile that? Too much grammar entrapment sef! .

If anybody thinks otherwise, then go in search of a soul mate and in search of a life partner on a different wavelength, hopefully you will find, but don't forget to sign a Pre-nup if your new found partner does not have these 2 qualities.

its not in all cases bros u hia??
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Aproko(f): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2007
i've always been of the opinion that a soul mate is someone you connect with on a deeper leve, and that connection is usually unbreakable. a life partner is someone you have chosen to be with for the rest of your life on earth while forsaking all others.

while it is always better for your soul mate to be your life partner, it isn't always the case.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by onome02(f): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
Aproko:

i've always been of the opinion that a soul mate is someone you connect with on a deeper leve, and that connection is usually unbreakable. a life partner is someone you have chosen to be with for the rest of your life on earth while forsaking all others.

while it is always better for your soul mate to be your life partner, it isn't always the case.

beautiful beautiful, dats just d best way to say it chic, u really live up to ur name grin
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by dumi(f): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2007
How far guys,una grama too mani for this matter wen Meedo don bring for us to confuse our self for.The plain trut bi se the two of them na the same tin.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by onome02(f): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2007
dumi:

How far guys,una grama too mani for this matter when Meedo don bring for us to confuse our self for.The plain trut bi se the two of them na the same tin.

[b][/b]NEGATIVE!!!!!!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by 2dye4(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2007
some pple just don't get it
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2007
osereka:

soulmate is your life partner and your life partner is your soulmate. if you get soulmate and you are still looking for life partner, NA You SABI !

WORD!!!!!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by 2dye4(m): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2007
if i choose to marry a lady twice my age for financial gains, that makes her my life partner and soulmate abi?

that an ambiguous generalization unless ur living in mars!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by uchetobi(f): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2007
Soul mate is someone you feel so strongly about. Your heartthrob, your all in all, some that feels like the flesh of your flesh, bone of your bones, while your life partner is someone you choose or is chosen for you to spend the rest of your days on earth with (all things being constant like death, divorce, hatred etc)
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Aproko(f): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2007
onome02:

beautiful beautiful, that is just d best way to say it chic, u really live up to your name grin

haba onome (this one is my own)LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
Aproko:

Word!
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by ilabor: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2007
soul mate is just a fanciful word coined by those looking for a perfect match in the matter of the heart. life partner is fear induced. marriage is a great teacher. you have to work it out! grin grin
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by Bishopking: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2007
lets do some analysis here! there are some people that you think alike. I mean someone who always see things the way you see it. No matter how complex the issue: no matter how far apart you are, S/he would respond the way you would. You always have soft spot for such person. You don't mind bending the rules for him/her without any string attached. Before you make an important decision, you would think of what that person would do if s/he was to make the same decision. The person may be of the same sex or opposite sex. Such a person is your soul mate. S/he may be a friend, Spouse, mentor, acquaintance, classmate, colleague etc. Example: David and Jonathan in the bible. A life partner sometimes may be a soul mate, but rarely.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by AKASILI(f): 10:41am On Jul 16, 2007
DO U THINK ALL IS WELL

I'm not in a relationship n i don't have thoughts or interest in starting any one but my friends friends think it's crazy and abnormal and want me to seek for help before it gets out of hand.They advised me to enter into one whether I'm interested or not, i did but couldn't stay, it wasn't just my thing so i ended it in two weeks. Now they are telling me to see a doctor and to start praying about it.
What do u think:How do i change this state of mind, should i see the doctor or do i just carry on with my life as usual, after all, we must not all have interest in the same things cos we are different and unique in our own way.
Re: Difference Between A Soul Mate And A Life Partner? by efuah(f): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ebos
only one person responded and u said thanks you all for your reply[b][/b]
lol, please dnt kill me with lafter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dating A Stingy Guy / Girls Who Looks Real But Are Sex Dolls( Photos) / Your Childhood Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.