Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

I Must Solve My Problem The African Way - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Must Solve My Problem The African Way (1111 Views)

Emasculation Of The African Man / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by badjack(m): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
I am presently going through some marriage pressures. I married a very young woman some five years ago. We have two kids. I actually believe in marriage institution and will do all I can to make it work. Ever since I married her, she has ran away up to six times. Upon a small disagreement, she will run out and return later in night. Previously, I will go to her father's house to bring her back, but I later stopped. I use to see it as childish behavior but I am of the opinion that a child is suppose to grow. Her parents will tell her not to run to them again.

She tells me any nonsense that crops up into her mind. I just cant mention some of them here. Now I see her as someone that may wake up and run away from the marriage. This is my problem. Frankly, I have lost the love I have for her and she is feeling it. I shifted the love to someone else though I am not doing anything with other than we speaking on phone.

I don't want to send her away but might consider having two wives. I know some of you will start with your one man one woman white people thing. I am a white man and will not be. As long as I can provide for them and my children, I will be a fulfilled man. Even the the white man one man one woman thing is worrying them now. You see a lot of divorces going on around them. If she decides to go, I will let her go but I will not push her away.
I am a christian (a good Catholic) but I don't believe that all we do in Christianity are acts of God. I am not trying to justify anything. If I don't sought my problem out this way, she will wake up on day to see women coming with kids claiming I am their father. Don't Yab Me for my position. It is not conventional though. I don't do conventional things. I don't laugh because someone wants me to laugh. I am only worried about my mother that is a good catholic and is hoping on getting the good mother status in the Catholic Church. I know some stupid little church politicians will attempt using it against her. SORRY MA. I LOVE YOU GREAT DEAL BUT I HAVE TO BE HAPPY.
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by cumudie(f): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
Polygamy in ds age means trouble for u.if u wer nt born into it dnt dive into it.
You need to let your lady boss know wats up.Its nt a wooing game anymore and this is marriage.....maybe you shld watch that tyler perry movie y did I get married..
I know your emotional and mental well being matters,maybe u shld try again
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by sexyeyes2012: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why did u marry a girl 2 young in the first place? You made your bed now u gotta lay in it.
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by AdeniyiA(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
^^quite right,most of these girls below 25yrs(according to DailyNews) are inexperience and childish when it comes to marriage tins
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Nastyclown: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
you should try to control yourself during argument, maybe you scare her a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
Polygamy? Hell no. You are a dead man walking if you ever tried it.

1 Like

Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by badjack(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
tpacalipse: Polygamy? Hell no. You are a dead man walking if you ever tried it.
I am even a dieing gradually because I am not happy. I cant just be happy. What is better? Is it sleeping around with different women or running away leaving them?
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by whitefairy(f): 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
U should hav stated her age so one would be able to decipher if its immaturity or plain stupidity on her part.I strongly warn u not to delve into polygamy cos u will so regret it,dat happiness which u seek will elude u.Talk to ur wife,beta still see a counsellor.God bless
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Have you tried everything possible to resolve the issues in your marriage? Have you both talked about your concerns in the marriage?
Are you both willing to work on them together and make changes where needed?

What if the second wife starts misbehaving too, what're you going to do? Get a third? Don't run away from problems, they will always find a way to catch up to you! But whatever makes you happy and most importantly, your children. They should always come first.

1 Like

Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Queendo(f): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
My advice is choose ur battle dont run away frm them, u cant fight all ur battles in one day. Identify what is d cause of d problem, dialogue with her in fact u can involve a councilor, try as much as possible to protect and salvage ur marriage. D devil u know is better than d angel u dont know. U also need to calm and quiet when she wants to engage u in any argument. Marrying another woman is bringing in another problem on its own. Marriage is understanding ur partner who is is very diff from u or any one u know. I wish u d best
`
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 31, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
^^quite right,most of these girls below 25yrs(according to DailyNews) are inexperience and childish when it comes to marriage tins
i agree with you on this
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Callotti: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2012
You wanted to marry a 'VERY YOUNG WOMAN'. . . .
You got your wish.
Every heard of 'THE YOUNG AND RESTLESS'?

Nothing to do with 'THE AFRICAN WAY'. . . .

Marriage comes with MANY challanges. Your ability to overcome them ALL or most of them makes you a WINNER!!!

You deserve to be happy. The only problem is that THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEES with relationships or marriages.

You need to focus more on your children and stop worrying about your needs or your mother's 'EZI NNE' status in your 'CATHOLIC CHURCH'!

Once you have brought children into the world. . .your needs and wants become secondary.

Goodluck! If you think having 2 wives will solve YOUR AFRICAN PROBLEM! kiss
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by greatgod2012(f): 10:14am On Dec 31, 2012
i really sympatise with you for what you are passing thru, everyone has one thing or d other they pass thru in their marriage, ther is no perfect marriage anywhere, all that counts is tolerance and compromise,but with your decision to get a 2nd wife will not solve your problem either, why dont you try and cool down with her, ask her why she normally run away after disagreement, that is if you are not d one causing it in d first instance, have a long chat with her, try to woo her back. If she still repeat what she does after you have talked with her, you can involve someone whom she respect very well to help you talk to her,or you involve a councillor betterstill. Make everything possible to make your marriage work, consider your children, your status and you and your wife's happiness befre thinking otherwise. Introducing polygamy into your life and marriage will add more to your problems, believe me, im frm a polygamous family, and i know what im talking about, i cant wish my enemy polygamous experience, no, i cant be that wicked.
May God help us all.
Re: I Must Solve My Problem The African Way by greatgod2012(f): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2012
i really sympatise with you for what you are passing thru, everyone has one thing or d other they pass thru in their marriage, ther is no perfect marriage anywhere, all that counts is tolerance and compromise,but with your decision to get a 2nd wife will not solve your problem either, why dont you try and cool down with her, ask her why she normally run away after disagreement, that is if you are not d one causing it in d first instance, have a long chat with her, try to woo her back. If she still repeat what she does after you have talked with her, you can involve someone whom she respect very well to help you talk to her,or you involve a councillor betterstill. Make everything possible to make your marriage work, consider your children, your status and you and your wife's happiness befre thinking otherwise. Introducing polygamy into your life and marriage will add more to your problems, believe me, im frm a polygamous family, and i know what im talking about, i cant wish my enemy polygamous experience, no, i cant be that wicked.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Kindly Help Me Out With This Coz I Am Confused... / Nairaland Helps Me Fight Depression / What Naija Women Need To Learn From Stella Damasus Being With Daniel Ademinokan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.