Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661358 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Crisnite(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
Pls I need help here.........have been trying to download Dev C++ bt it seems impossible. Can anyone point me to a place I can download a C++ IDE? Free ofcuz cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Crisnite(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nastydroid: Is it advisable to use a 32bit laptop for programming?
why?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by TinyHacker: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2014
Perl scripts are so horrible.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Leward(m): 2:25am On Sep 03, 2014
As a newbie this thread has been quite helpful.
I've always admired geeks but i couldn't really learn since I have limitedfree Dom but i saw a site on this thtead w3school that has been quite helpful. Welldone to you guys

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by aramics: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
@javanian is it advisable to learn java with javascript at a time ? What's your opinion
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by UcGadaz(m): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
I am having difficulties in downloading a JDK that can run on a 32-bit system .
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiranjibi: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
aramics: @javanian is it advisable to learn java with javascript at a time ? What's your opinion
shocked
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kriru: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
Javanian: JAVA

Java
is an object oriented programming language originally developed by
James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (which has since merged into Oracle
Corporation). The language derives much of its syntax from C and C++,
but it has fewer low-level facilities than either of them. Java can be
used to create Desktop Applications, Web Applications, Console
Applications and Mobile Applications.

You can also refer - http://www.guru99.com/java-tutorial.html

The primary problem with learning java is its installation. Most of the people get stuck with setting the classpath and other environement variable to run java. These tutorials are interactive and you can execute code right in your browser with no installation whatsoever
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LihaciFlorin: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by amitkumar12345: 6:24am On Sep 11, 2014
I think you should prefer c language for your starting language.because c language is the mother language and if you can understand c language you can easily understand other language.for more information you should go

http://www.wwgtfy.com/?q=starting+programming+language+for+learning

thank you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mza55: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Hi everyone. I am new here. I would like to ask about creating mobile apps. Can someone suggest me which is the best language to learn? I'm totally zero with programming.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
mza55: Hi everyone. I am new here. I would like to ask about creating mobile apps. Can someone suggest me which is the best language to learn? I'm totally zero with programming.
There is no "best" language to learn. Which particular platform are you looking at?

Ios -- Objective C (Although, Apple have released their own proprietary language called Swift which will be replacing Objective C) and the cocoa touch framework

Android -- Java

Windows Phone -- C#, silverlight
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tahyoh24(m): 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
you can also try this site www.codeacademy.com or www.thenewboston.org there are lots of video tutorials that are really useful for newbies and experts

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by paranorman(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
xterra2:
I have given you all the information you need, pick your choice based on my EXPERT analysis wink[/size]
grand master, your emminence speak like someone who has bn programin since before Noah built the ark! smiley
teach me the art of programmin, i beg of you master. I promise you'l have all my allegiance; i pledge'em all! cheesy

i am currently learnin sometin on xhtml/css/php/javascript cos i think its a startin point before goin into programmin proper.

I can see you hate windows, wel sorta, unfortunately, i am a windows fanboy...

Which programmin language can i start with? tell grandmaster, tell me! I will hacken to ur e-voice. wink
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
kachionubogu: If you wanna to start with the programing language of computer first you should go with the C programing langauge and HTML.These are the basic language or we can say that first step in the programming world.Now a days PHP and Java script are very much used.

I totally agree with you, learn the basic first!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kobonaire(m): 5:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Python ............ [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28programming_language%29]Python on wikipedia[/url]
join me, this online course just started and it's free: https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ruz080: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2014
pls i am anewbie in programming, which of the programming language should i start with pls..........................pls am waiting for response dear ogas on top ooooooooooooooooooooo. pls
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2014
ruz080: pls i am anewbie in programming, which of the programming language should i start with pls..........................pls am waiting for response dear ogas on top ooooooooooooooooooooo. pls
Read from page 0 of this thread up to page 3. You should make up your mind after doing that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.