Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661310 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Skykid1208(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gud day Gurus in the house
am new to programing but i kinda love know a litle about java am yet to resume school as a comuter science student in Jan 2015, pls i wana know if it's a gud idea to lean java or programing as a whole as a fresher in the uni,
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
Skykid1208:
Gud day Gurus in the house
am new to programing but i kinda love know a litle about java am yet to resume school as a comuter science student in Jan 2015, pls i wana know if it's a gud idea to lean java or programing as a whole as a fresher in the uni,
you just got admitted right? and you have a little knowledge? don't start with java bro,start with something simple, like phython
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LordRahl001: 7:02am On Nov 03, 2014
rawbaba:

I will appreciate if someone help me. With the license key or fully crack
why not try a torrent sites!! m sure that can get it there!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ballyjzworld(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2014
Javanian:

Banned for 6 hours, The Next person that does this will receive a longer Ban...
I haven't read through the whole thread but I had to applaud you for taking your time to enlighten us **(resounding round of a+) u are highly appreciated .. Worlds alone can't express our gratitude( speaking for all those who find this thread educating)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibietela2(m): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
Javanian:

For your first program

import java.util.Scanner;
class freeStyle
{
public static void main( String args[]){
Scanner myScanner = new Scanner(System.in);
int size;
double price = 0.00;
String reply;

String input1;

System.out.print(" What is the size of your shoe ? "wink;
input1 = myScanner.nextLine();
size = Integer.valueOf(input1);

System.out.print(" do you have a shoe lace? Y/N "wink;
reply=myScanner.nextLine();
System.out.println(reply);
//reply = myScanner.findInLine("."wink.charAt(0);

if (size < 30 && size >= 45){
price = 1500.00;
}
if (size >= 30 || size < 45){
price = 2000.00;
}
if (reply == "Y" || reply == "y"wink{
price -= 500.00;
}
/* if (reply == N || reply == n){
price = 500.00. not sure what this is
} */
if (reply != "Y" && reply != "y" &&
reply!="N" && reply!="n"wink
{
System.out.println("Huh?"wink;
}
System.out.print(" price of shoe =$"wink;
System.out.print(price);
System.out.println(" thanks for coming" );
}
}

these smiley are disturbing the code why not use Github?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibietela2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Adaeze003:
Hi guys, i'm new here, 4giv me but I really cant go through all 30 pages...

Any C programmer in the house? I kinda just started learning from C and I have questions.

1st goes thus: if I have a two dimensional array of about 5 questions and I want to cycle through the array randomly, how do I go about it? If anyone can answer I can display the code I have. Can't rii now coz m using a phone...

2ndly, is objective-C close(syntax) to C? And does it have other applications apart from on ios?

I wanna be a web developer basically n i'm signed up to learn HTML5 CSS and javascript. What else do u guys think I should add to the list?

woooow a Female? for me i am gunning for HTML5/CSS3, PHP, Jquery/Javascript
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Skykid1208(m): 6:31am On Nov 16, 2014
ibietela2:

i just started school too

which school and couse bro?

Although somebody adviced me to start with Python
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibietela2(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2014
Skykid1208:

which school and couse bro?

Although somebody adviced me to start with Python

Computer science at Rivers State University of science and technology
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by drysjasperfx: 2:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Javanian:

You are killing the entire purpose of this thread. The aim of this thread is to present an array of languages for the users to choose from. I wonder why you reached the conclusion that a beginner has to start with PHP.

At the same time, he is also giving advice on where to start to the newbies.. because not all language have the same level of flexibility and easy to start..as to my opinion java is the worst language for a newbie to start with.. and also PHP is a good language and would be nice for a beginner class but the fact is that PHP has lot of bad programming habit for...I would advice a newbie to start with the programming language call RUBY as i have writen Java, C++, Python, and Ruby i am just Sticking to Ruby and C++ but Ruby first for a newbie...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kobikwelu(m): 3:14am On Nov 21, 2014
Better face the reality, buckle up, and concentrate on the most popular language of all.......JAVA...

Leave all these folks who advise you to learn python or ruby....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OluwaseunBanjo: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2014
I'm currently into python?I want to learn java how many months will it takes to learn it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.