Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661306 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
[WorkBerry Jobs] Software Engineer, Javascript http:///vGQuPhLgU9
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Harry4cas(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
fe32:
well to get grasp of programming(understand the way a language is structured), you need to understand that starting small is necessary. Don't be in a hurry to impress with app developments and what not. You will get there soon enough.

As your question says..I want to learn programming;

I'd suggest these steps:

1. Start with Python. Its no co-incidence where almost all schools and sites now teach newbies with python. Its a fairly easy language and if you are consistent in learning, solving problems (a lot of them available online) and acquiring more concepts along the way, you will be good in no time

Sorry for coming this late i just saw this thread now. Pls neglect any typo error in my post and correct me when necessary.

i must say i'm impressed by your writeup. I have this intrest for tech related stuff.... I also like programming. I dont know anything bout it but whenever i see people discussing bout it i always feel like i'm made to be able to do the same thing they do, to be able to say proudly that yes i am a programmer.

I love everything bout programming but i dont know nothing bout it. We only did C-language last semester, and yes i was able to flow and understand more than my colleagues in my department ( i got *A* i.e 70% in my C programming exam last semester. So due to my intrest n passion in csc, this 2nd semester i had to remove 2 math courses which am offering and replace them with 2 csc courses: Assembly language n File Processing, when i got time i also attend Fortran classes other dept. sometimes though it is not in our dept. Courses for the semester.

( i'd love be sound in the aspect of Software developing, Mobile App creation, Networking n Security stuff.)

My Ques are:

1. How do i start? Where do i start from?

2. Can someone w/t a p.c be relevant in this? Cos i dont av a p.c yet. Just have my Tablet.

3. WHERE DO I LEARN THESE LANGUAGES? Like a reputable company that trains novice. I need where i'll get the best services in Onitsha.

4. Is there a whatsapp group u can add me to concerning this.

5. I'm in Statistics Department (Unilorin) I also want to learn the statistical programming languages like Mintab, R+, Stata, Excel .... etc do u have any idea on how or where i can get this training?

6. Do You Know Anything on how i can be a certified Proffesional in CCNA, ORACLE, CISCO AND OTHER RELATED BODIES.

** GOT FRIENDS FROM CSC DEPARTMENT HERE IN UNILORIN AND MOST OF THEM HAVE THEIR LAPTOP SO THAT WHY I ASKED THE No. 2 question **

@javanian @seun and other gurus here please your comments are highly needed as well. Thank u.

I wouldnt mind working for free for Anybody That is willing to let me in. I just need the experience n Coaching
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Corn99(m): 3:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Pls where can i get d software pack for vb.net nd c++
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dalton23: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2015
i am a very confused person when it comes to choosing an "appropriate" programming language cry cry. i know the gurus here can help me. i read statistics and maths.
my desire is to be able to design front ends for my databases, design GUIs and desktop applications that can also serve as front ends or data analysis applications.

i know little of PHP, Python, CSS, Mysql (through video tutorials). one of my main challenge is i don't know what to do with them, especially after learning the basis..... i don't mind being an apprentice to an expert here wink grin grin
Microsoft Cloud Storage
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by oluseyerichard: 9:51am On Apr 29, 2015
pls where can i learn programming, i was told to go to Ikeja.. pls which sch at ikeja?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2015
oluseyerichard:
pls where can i learn programming, i was told to go to Ikeja.. pls which sch at ikeja?
What aspect/area of programming excites you the most? is it web development, mobile app development, embedded systems? Knowing this will give you a better idea of what you need to really learn

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ellehanna(f): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
55BCEABB my pin Ellehanna i wanna know about programming
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ellehanna:
55BCEABB
my pin
Ellehanna
i wanna know about programming
all what you need to know is already on the first page
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MockinJay(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2015
Guys I'm in need of your assistance. I just started learning C. I recently wrote the code below to calculate four figures instantly and also to give out some conditions like if the answer is greater than 5, it should print "Your answer is greater than 5 and positive" else, it prints "Your answer is less than 5". Code is working well but I can't seem to get the else part functioning well, even when , the answer is less than 5, it prints greater than 5. cry

1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MockinJay(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2015
I'm aware => is greater than or equal to. I implemented it that way.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codemarshal08(m): 5:37am On May 05, 2015
MockinJay:
Guys I'm in need of your assistance. I just started learning C. I recently wrote the code below to calculate four figures instantly and also to give out some conditions like if the answer is greater than 5, it should print "Your answer is greater than 5 and positive" else, it prints "Your answer is less than 5". Code is working well but I can't seem to get the else part functioning well, even when , the answer is less than 5, it prints greater than 5. cry

In Line 16, Remove the Quotes around the Expression.
it should be :
if(sumTotal => 5)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MockinJay(m): 11:32pm On May 05, 2015
codemarshal08:

it should be :
if(sumTotal => 5)

Thanks Sir.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ijeezlux(m): 8:05am On May 06, 2015
codemarshal08:

it should be :
if(sumTotal => 5)

lol......... my man so u ar here? U dnt tel me u ar an online teacher. May be u wil start teaching me. Wil we stat wit 'custom template link list' - cletus
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ijeezlux(m): 8:13am On May 06, 2015
please i need somebody to teach me hw to write gui c++ program using qt gui toolkit. If u guys knw any gud book on qt, pls let me knw. Tnks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codemarshal08(m): 8:32am On May 06, 2015
ijeezlux:

lol......... my man so u ar here? U dnt tel me u ar an online teacher. May be u wil start teaching me. Wil we stat wit 'custom template link list' - cletus

hehe, runs and hide his face lol
Well, I am here to Learn & also Contribute i remian loyal bro !
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codemarshal08(m): 9:03am On May 06, 2015
ijeezlux:
please i need somebody to teach me hw to write gui c++ program using qt gui toolkit. If u guys knw any gud book on qt, pls let me knw. Tnks

Here Are some Qt resources
Qt programming videos by VoidRealms
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D1942A4688E9D63

Qt videos by Bucky:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD0D54219E5F2544D

Google "C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd Edition By Jasmin Blanchette, Mark Summerfield"

start with these ones and walk your way to the top ! Good Luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ijeezlux(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2015
codemarshal08:

Here Are some Qt resources
Qt programming videos by VoidRealms
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D1942A4688E9D63

Qt videos by Bucky:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD0D54219E5F2544D

Google "C++ GUI Programming with Qt4, 2nd Edition By Jasmin Blanchette, Mark Summerfield"

start with these ones and walk your way to the top ! Good Luck

thanks alot... I wil check out the videos
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MockinJay(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2015
I'm trying to make an app. I've written the code in C language. How do I compile it into an app? Add some designs?? The app is just a Calculator that also makes decision based on the If and Else tags, it does LCM and hcf.

Help a newbie out!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2015
Please who can teach me c++ for free? cry..

Am a newbie...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Adesina13(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2015
Start with HTML iF it is about WEB, because Html is the backbone of any Website

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by happylala5(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2015
Please guys I have a presentation in my school to do on Monday and I am so blessed seeing this thread I really need your helps please. I just need your point of view in my question thank you and may God bless you all. Amen.

MY QUESTION.....

Alice and john are a team coding a difficult and sizable program in java. They have some experience with the language, but will have to learn a significant amount "on the fly". They have estimated that the program would take two months as the expected and and four months as the pessimistic estimate. You are their project manager and must develop a contract for completion with the client for the code development. How much time should you allow in the contract for this delivery?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:31am On May 15, 2015
happylala5:
Please guys I have a presentation in my school to do on Monday and I am so blessed seeing this thread I really need your helps please. I just need your point of view in my question thank you and may God bless you all. Amen.

MY QUESTION.....

Alice and john are a team coding a difficult and sizable program in java. They have some experience with the language, but will have to learn a significant amount "on the fly". They have estimated that the program would take two months as the expected and and four months as the pessimistic estimate. You are their project manager and must develop a contract for completion with the client for the code development. How much time should you allow in the contract for this delivery?

Not exactly a programming question, but I'll provide a response of sorts. In my own opinion, one should always use the most conservative estimate as the basis of the contract. In this scenario, that estimate is four months. In addition to that, you can also (and I actually would recommend this) provide the client with the optimistic option (two months, in this scenario) as a sort of preview or beta. This preview can be used for the duration of the development phase and should have functionality that will allow the user (client, in this scenario) to inform the developers of bugs as they arise.

This way, the client gets a working model, the developers get a beta tester and the final product will be all the better for it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by megasamuel(m): 6:02pm On May 18, 2015
What language should I learn am in between c and Java I know most of the basic in python for game programming and subsequently Web Development

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.