Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu (17217 Views)

Lagos Donates N150m To Boko Haram Victims In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa / Ifeanyi Ubah Visits Ojo Alaba Int Market Lagos Donates 50million To The Market / Hats Off To Ngozi, Show Barack Obama The Meaning Of Meritocracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by onyewec3: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
mailemy: Where is Rochas,I'm ashamed.
Kudos to Fashola & more God's favour & blessings to Him.

Must it always be rochas? For calling his name ahead of any known Nigerian means he's indeed the best Nigerian alive!!!! Rochas has always been a humanitarian even b4 he bcame govnor.with free education for children who are not even igbos!one of his student who is a kogi indegene was sponsored to MIT,US.but we shuld also have other pple just as fashola had done.
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by chacha3(f): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sickness is not a good thing at all,she is now a shadow of herself but am glad she can go for her treatment. I so pray she will come back better and stronger unlike the others.such a good actress.
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by nicefeeling: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
TimePiece:

You've just said it all!
When I watched the episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" of 2 Sundays ago where she was being played for to raise just 6m naira, I knew that that thing called Nollywood must be some big joke.
I was just embarassed on their behalf.
How could they have let it even get to that show instead of saving the poor woman all of that publicity!
Even as students, we could raise the cost of surgery of over 2m for one of our mates within a month by putting together 1k each, how much more people like Genevieve, Omotola and their likes!
They may not be as observant to notice that this says a lot about them.

Why would they donate when Genevieve is busy investing her money into a clothingline stuff or probably under 'Abo' in Ghana with their president or abi nah hin son which is which?undecided
Abi nah Omotola that is busy [/s]hyping[s]spending so much money on cosmestics, cloths etc for her latest initiative which is currently showing on Dstv angry
Tonto Dikeh is investing her money in tatoos so if she donates, how will she win the nollywood actress of the year with d highest number of tatoos and also do videos for her double platinum singles
Funke Akindele is busy using her money to contact new celebrities/artistes in and outside nigeria to feature in another blockbuster a sequel to the 'jenifa' series! tongue
There are a whole lot of them that should make getting the money easier and faster, imagine having to g☺ to 'who wants to be a millionaire' to raise fund! Anywayz, its their money so they have a right to spend whichever way they want but a little charity isn't such a bad idea especially when its got to do with a colleague cry

No offence plz with all the above me just be small pikin,I could be wrong o! grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by kuntama: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
kingphemy:

Credit where due...
Even if she pays her taxes in Lagos, what Gov. Fashola did is not of rights for her but a privilege.
Following your logic, that you pay your taxes where you lived does not make the state government duty-bound to help citizens in time of afflictions.

YES IT DOES.... you pay your taxes so the government can help you in time of need. Again we celebrate the mediocre....This woman is not the average Nigerian; she is a well known artiste. At any given time in Nigeria, there are thousands upon thousands of people suffering from her condition; there are also millions with no access to BASIC healthcare, which SHOULD be provided by the government through the tax system. Pathetic. What a stunt.
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by Humanbeans(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
I thank God I gave my little financial support, my prayer is that God will heal her. Amen
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by charlesditro: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
bigass: This shame all those who call Fashola an ethnic bigot. This woman is not a yoruba woman. But she got 4.5million from a yoruba gov.
Eko oni baje ooo
if we where still in 2012 i would've love to course u out. Is this about yoruba, fashola or a dying woman we all should be praying for? No carry this brain of yours come 2013, make sure it dies with 2012. 1naija
Re: Lagos Donates N4.5m To Ngozi Nwosu by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2013
kuntama:

YES IT DOES.... you pay your taxes so the government can help you in time of need. Again we celebrate the mediocre....This woman is not the average Nigerian; she is a well known artiste. At any given time in Nigeria, there are thousands upon thousands of people suffering from her condition; there are also millions with no access to BASIC healthcare, which SHOULD be provided by the government through the tax system. Pathetic. What a stunt.

So you mean any sick person need to go to his government saying: 'Government a* sick pay *y medical bills'? Though the government can help, it is not duty-bound. I noticed you say CAN but not MUST.
As you said we Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. The government can do better by providing improved and better health care services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'A President In Need Of New Disciples' - Dele Momodu / EFCC Arrests Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Brother / Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 92nd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.