Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,135 members, 7,838,879 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return (19287 Views)

Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities / Confusion In Enugu As Chime Revokes Ex-governors' Lands, Demolishes Houses / Nnamani Crashes, As Chime, Saraki Hold Sway In Enugu, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by moneyhungry(m): 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
greateros: Chime made a grand mistake the day he married that his 2nd wife.

I know that family very well in isuochi. the okonkwos. they are a cursed family - the curse is from the linage of the mother in-law because of her atrocities! her first son in-law died mysteriously her husband also died mysteriously, now Chime is in the same situation! mysterious circumstances.

I may sound archaic but i know am right - Chimes travails started from the day he stepped into that family. . .

Chime was doing very fine, healthy and productive until he married her. . .

Funny enuf - i don't bet, but am willing to bet that Chime will not return to Enugu State Government House. . .
super-story.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by vanstanzy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
fonssy: I thought they said he die.

What manner of written English do they teach u in school these days? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by plendil: 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
geeez:
[b]189. (1) The Governor or Deputy Governor of a State shall cease to hold office if
(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all members of the executive council of the State, it is declared that the Governor or Deputy Governor is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and
(b) the declaration in paragraph (a) of this subsection is verified,
after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the speaker of the House of Assembly.
(2) Where the medical panel certifies in its report that in its opinion
the Governor or Deputy Governor is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the State.

(3) The Governor or Deputy Governor shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly of the State, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria -
(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and
(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this section..[/b]
geeez:
[b]189. (1) The Governor or Deputy Governor of a State shall cease to hold office if
(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all members of the executive council of the State, it is declared that the Governor or Deputy Governor is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and
(b) the declaration in paragraph (a) of this subsection is verified,
after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the speaker of the House of Assembly.
(2) Where the medical panel certifies in its report that in its opinion
the Governor or Deputy Governor is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the State.

(3) The Governor or Deputy Governor shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly of the State, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria -
(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and
(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this section..[/b]

Fine. But to Chime's credit he did handover power to the deputy before travelling out, even though observers claim the latter is more or less a puppet. The chief of staff is said to be running things.

Whether the speaker can muster the political will to convene a medical panel, in line with 189(4a,b)that would declare the governor permanently incapacitated and so pave the way for the swearing in of the deputy gov remains to be seem. But to be honest, I don't see that happening.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Akpan107(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
Highbros: Somebody should give me his number, I want to call him to confirm.
ok, zero, seven, zero, one, two, four, five, two, three, one,IV
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by chino11(m): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hmmmm..where is VON BONATEL?

Come and address this issue here.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by babeface3: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
why indian hospital of all hospitals. people go to india for cheaper bills, not necessarily the expertise of the physicians there. why him no go germany
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2013
chino11: Hmmmm..where is VON BONATEL?

Come and address this issue here.
Chino, stay in your turf and allow the sleeping dog lie down. We must all argue as matured people. Onwe onye ife oma n'asa afo?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by mentorken05(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
D legislature in enugu z absolutely crap
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ubong560(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
MAKE I EVEN TYPE AM WITH BOLD LETTERS SELF SO UNA GO LOOK AM WELL WELL.

I SAID "WHICH TENSION WAS IN ENUGU STATE? WAS IT HIGH TENSION OR LOW TENSION?"
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by salmonkay: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan YarAdua Chime where are you?
I dey laugh
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by cecegorz(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan YarAdua Chime where are you?
Lol.
He is playing tennis with the Williams sisters in the US.
If you still doubt it, persuade OBJ to give the guy a publicized call.
Our politicians are really from outer space!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by PalmTree(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
dangiwa09:

@playah

If what you just stated is NOT true, then all the sickness you stated will befall you and your family and your offsprings, IJN!

Did you have to take it personal?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by patostation(m): 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: onyebuchi is currently acting but he is useless.....the people dont want him, they want chime.
You mean they will not mind to continue with Chime even if he is dead?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by networkrecharg: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
Is this true??/////

[/b][b][/size][size=8pt]

I know that family very well in isuochi. the okonkwos. they are a cursed family - the curse is from the linage of the mother in-law because of her atrocities! her first son in-law died mysteriously her husband also died mysteriously, now Chime is in the same situation! mysterious circumstances.

I may sound archaic but i know am right - Chimes travails started from the day he stepped into that family. . .

Funny enuf - i don't bet, but am willing to bet that Chime will not return to Enugu State Government House. . .

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by playahP(m): 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
PalmTree:

Did you have to take it personal?

Help me ask the fool oh!!.....
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ODUANEGRO: 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
pato station:
You mean they will not mind to continue with Chime even if he is dead?

chime is not dead. he has been kidnapped. chime is kidnapped. hold on, how many times i need to say this? can someone please teach me what kidnap is in igbo language.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 01, 2013

Sounds like some nollywood shiii...
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by jasmine21(f): 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2013

Hmmm things dey happen oo! is he d governor who married his wife's junior sister as 2nd wife and sent his 1st wife packing?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by igiigi: 12:09am On Jan 02, 2013
He may b on sabatical leave, naija don finish
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by blocker: 12:14am On Jan 02, 2013
coolIt is either the Deputy is sworn in or the speaker finds a reason to impeach him (automatically making the Speaker Governor till 2015). But what excuse could cause the impeachment of the Deputy by 2/3 of the house? A Deputy with no scandal while deputizing and who has up till now resisted the temptation to make pronouncement that people can capitalize on to term him disloyal? This bone is stuck to the throat of Enugu State Government and it can only go up or down.To the de facto Quartet (1st lady,SSG,COS and Speaker) 2015 couldn't have delayed much later than Chime's unexplained absence. We are watching.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 02, 2013
I pray dat God preserves d life of ds true igbo son who is bent on re defining governance in igboland & giving us our rightful place in continent Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by plendil: 12:50am On Jan 02, 2013
blocker: coolIt is either the Deputy is sworn in or the speaker finds a reason to impeach him (automatically making the Speaker Governor till 2015). But what excuse could cause the impeachment of the Deputy by 2/3 of the house? A Deputy with no scandal while deputizing and who has up till now resisted the temptation to make pronouncement that people can capitalize on to term him disloyal? This bone is stuck to the throat of Enugu State Government and it can only go up or down.To the de facto Quartet (1st lady,SSG,COS and Speaker) 2015 couldn't have delayed much later than Chime's unexplained absence. We are watching.

@bolded, not possible. even if the speaker becomes govenor following the impeachment of the deputy he can only hold that position for three months during which a fresh election must be conducted.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by blocker: 1:27am On Jan 02, 2013
plendil:

@bolded, not possible. even if the speaker becomes govenor following the impeachment of the deputy he can only hold that position for three months during which a fresh election must be conducted.
. Merely stating two likely scenarios if Chime does not return very soon or at all. But one thing must happen.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 02, 2013

hmnnnnn, whether u r saying the truth or not, i pray that He returns alive. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 02, 2013
Umaru Yar Adua reincarnation in the East
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by SisiKill1: 4:10am On Jan 02, 2013
Has it dawned on all the Governors under GEJ's administration that they have entered one chance?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by babymama3: 4:47am On Jan 02, 2013
In all my years outside of Nigeria,I have never heard of a state governor dying in office or incapacitated sef
But in Nigeria it is another story

When we were kids,a state governor somewhere in the north Shehu kangiwa fell off a horse and died
And recently in quick successions kaduna gov died
Taraba abi adamawa gov Suntai is brain damaged
kogi governor iin serious condition
Enugu governor in unknown condition
Cross River governor sick
God help us

Now this is scary

Ironically, death had a hand in his political growth. Yakowa became deputy governor when the occupant of the office died in 2005. The death of an incumbent president helped him to become the governor. But that same death did not allow Yakowa to complete his tenure in office.

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ODUANEGRO: 5:02am On Jan 02, 2013
i remember kangiwa falling off his horse during a polo tournament and dying from head injuries.

there had been politicians that died out of office and usually in connection with women palava. we have lost 5 sitting head of states - Balewa, Ironsi, Murtala, Abacha, YarAdua.

chime is not sick......they are lying to you. if he was sick how come nobody know hin hospital?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by babymama3: 5:23am On Jan 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: i remember kangiwa falling off his horse during a polo tournament and dying from head injuries.

there had been politicians that died out of office and usually in connection with women palava. we have lost 5 sitting head of states - Balewa, Ironsi, Murtala, Abacha, YarAdua.

chime is not sick......they are lying to you. if he was sick how come nobody know hin hospital?

The day the news broke about his death I called someone in Enugu who called an insider and I received a message that the man had died
I believe they may be buying time to gather all the gatherables
Remember how Yaradua was supposedly drinking Lipton when intelligent minds knew it was his dead body that returned home in the dead of the night from Saudi and Turai took her time to clear the treasury before revealing what we already knew
Let us wait and see
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by geeez: 5:56am On Jan 02, 2013
baby_mama:

The day the news broke about his death I called someone in Enugu who called an insider and I received a message that the man had died
I believe they may be buying time to gather all the gatherables
Remember how Yaradua was supposedly drinking Lipton when intelligent minds knew it was his dead body that returned home in the dead of the night from Saudi and Turai took her time to clear the treasury before revealing what we already knew
Let us wait and see

2 likes for this
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by PehaKaso: 6:40am On Jan 02, 2013
[quote
author=politician]

[/quote] Bad username, pls b careful ooo
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by hollypagan: 6:46am On Jan 02, 2013
He was cought with something he is cooling his self in prison

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cameroon Invade Nigerian Village, Kill 70 / Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man / SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.