Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? (5204 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Atheists like to create false dichotomies in order to appear intelligent. Unfortunately, they just show that even the 'logic' they claim to hold on to is something far beyond their understanding.

The statements these atheists love to make is tantamount to saying the following:

1. Are human beings asleep or awake? If one says awake and the other says asleep, you are twisting things!

2. Are human beings 1ft tall or 6ft tall? If you answer that the same human being can be 1ft tall and 6ft tall, then you are twisting things!

(forgetting that both can be true at different times)

3. Which is larger - six or half a dozen? If you say they are the same, atheists believe this is 'twisting'. grin

In each of these cases, there is a false dichotomy - that is the specialty of duplicitous NL atheists.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

This is an example of the duplicitous 'yes or no' type question that atheists prefer. God is the creator of the universe, He is the one who sent Jesus his only begotten Son to save mankind, and He is the one who has provided His Spirit as our Comforter.
Twister in action. Trinity believers wont accept your claims. Moreover you have claimed he is God. Case close since you are confusing yourself
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
First @ Logicboy03,

On your question, "A simple question, if Jesus's teaching are different from the old testament, how are his teachings in the gospels then part of the old testament?"

Your problems are: you are lazy; only want to hear what you want to hear or dwell on what you previously know from the bible. I gave you the link to the other thread where the answer to your question was provided. You still choose to start irrelevant argument here seeking unnecessary attention all over here. If your too lazy to go read the other thread, then you are on your own. The same way you were saying to defend the faith = argue the faith and when you are asked, you ran away. Safe journey mehn!
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360: First @ Logicboy03,

On your question, "A simple question, if Jesus's teaching are different from the old testament, how are his teachings in the gospels then part of the old testament?"

Your problems are: you are lazy; only want to hear what you want to hear or dwell on what you previously know from the bible. I gave you the link to the other thread where the answer to your question was provided. You still choose to start irrelevant argument here seeking unnecessary attention all over here. If your too lazy to go read the other thread, then you are on your own. The same way you were saying to defend the faith = argue the faith and when you are asked, you ran away. Safe journey mehn!

I dont bother with you because you cant argue logically. I asked a simple question that destroys your New Testament theory and you sidestepped it.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Twister in action. Trinity believers wont accept your claims. Moreover you have claimed he is God. Case close since you are confusing yourself

Illiterate atheist with poor grammar and comprehension - the substance of the issue is that he is the only Begotten Son of God. Anything else is of lesser importance. Expressions of opinion do not change the substance of a matter.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky: Atheists like to create false dichotomies in order to appear intelligent. Unfortunately, they just show that even the 'logic' they claim to hold on to is something far beyond their understanding.

The statements these atheists love to make is tantamount to saying the following:

1. Are human beings asleep or awake? If one says awake and the other says asleep, you are twisting things!

2. Are human beings 1ft tall or 6ft tall? If you answer that the same human being can be 1ft tall and 6ft tall, then you are twisting things!

3. Which is larger - six or half a dozen? If you say they are the same, atheists believe this is 'twisting'. grin

In each of these cases, there is a false dichotomy - that is the specialty of duplicitous NL atheists.

Na Atheist write your bible? Abi no be the same bible Catholic dey quote say God is three from na him you dey quote say God is son and have a son killed by his enemy for the sin of his enemy.
Jewish Slave
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont bother with you because you cant argue logically. I asked a simple question that destroys your New Testament theory and you sidestepped it.

You can't argue with me because scriptures that I quoted already defeat your logic......You argue logically and I do also but it's beyond your comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

Illiterate atheist with poor grammar and comprehension - the substance of the issue is that he is the only Begotten Son of God. Anything else is of lesser importance. Expressions of opinion do not change the substance of a matter.

Sharaap liar. Jesus no even fit speak yoruba in his days. Jewish slave, didnt you claim Jesus Is God?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ cyrexx, FOLYKAZE and Logicboy03,

When Debosky referred to Christ as the Son of God, what does that mean
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360: @ cyrexx and Logicboy03,

Ask Debosky.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

You can't argue with me because scriptures that I quote already defeat your logic......You argue logically and I do also but it's beyond your comprehension.
I think your crown is intoxicating you like palm wine right? Provide the verse that says catholic bible should have more books than the protestant bible. Dont forget Paul quote from the book of Enoch in Jude verse 14. Now tell the world why the books are selective
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Na Atheist write your bible? Abi no be the same bible Catholic dey quote say God is three from na him you dey quote say God is son and have a son killed by his enemy for the sin of his enemy.
Jewish Slave

Please show me where the Catholics claim 'God is three' from the bible - not only are you lacking in reading comprehension ability, you're also a liar.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ask Debosky.

And you want us to spend our previous time arguing with you that you don't even understand the basis of your logical argument. My friend, stop seeking attention by irrelevant and senseless threads all over the please. You never learned anything in the first place, only eating communion. That's all you did when in Catholic..... grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360: @ cyrexx, FOLYKAZE and Logicboy03,

Why would you ask me something i didnt say?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky: Atheists like to create false dichotomies in order to appear intelligent. Unfortunately, they just show that even the 'logic' they claim to hold on to is something far beyond their understanding.

this is not a case of false dichotomy at all.

Your statement shows that you are not aware of the teachings and biblical interpretations of denominations outside your own

or you have not fully read the bible for yourself
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

sorry i meant Mark 16. Check the footnote bros. Check Revised standard version bible and confirm this.
Also you like playing dodging and escaping game. Provide the book of enoch in which Paul quoted Jude verse 14 from.
I don't have an RSV bible on hand at the moment but I hope I remember to give it a look when I come across one. What has the book of Enoch got to do with anything?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
I think your crown is intoxicating you like palm wine right? Provide the verse that says catholic bible should have more books than the protestant bible. Dont forget [size=20pt]Paul quote[/size] from the book of Enoch in Jude verse 14. Now tell the world why the books are selective

Young man, grow up! There's nothing in crown intoxication, okay. Besides, you see how you expose your folly to the whole world......PAUL quoted from book of Enoch Really.....Me think you same Logicboy03 in disguise..... grin. Let me go and track your IP address first....... shocked
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Anony just confirmly stand his twisting. You are dodging matthew 10:5-6 and matthew 15:24 to another verse. Is that verse lying or Jesus was sleeping when he mention the statement in Matthew 15:24. My man, dont twist, cant you see the thread topic.
Lol, you pulled out a verse and told me not to twist them. I show you a verse from the same bible and you claim I am twisting. You make me laugh.

If you had bothered to actually read all three verses in context, you would have understood and appreciated the narrative instead of merely lifting verses.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

Please show me where the Catholics claim 'God is three' from the bible - not only are you lacking in reading comprehension ability, you're also a liar.

You want to know the trinity verse huh? I will show you but pls dont twist this

1. Isaiah 9:6 says For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The prince of peace. Now show me how Jesus called Father and God.
2. John 20:28 says Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God. Stamped! Now jesus is referred as God her again
Can you see that edo boy is vast in your bible than pastor?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, you pulled out a verse and told me not to twist them. I show you a verse from the same bible and you claim I am twisting. You make me laugh.

If you had bothered to actually read all three verses in context, you would have understood and appreciated the narrative instead of merely lifting verses.

I pulled what? Mr, pls handle that verse not other verses or accept Jesus is drunk when he is saying he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
You want to know the trinity verse huh? I will show you but pls dont twist this

1. Isaiah 9:6 says For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The prince of peace. Now show me how Jesus called Father and God.
2. John 20:28 says Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God. Stamped! Now jesus is referred as God her again
Can you see that edo boy is vast in your bible than pastor?

You are quite stubborn in your ignorance - where in those two verses is it said that 'God is three'? Or are you also unable to read? undecided

PS - the correct usage is 'versed' not 'vast'. grin If you lack these basic comprehension and grammar skills, you are not even worth another second of my time.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

Young man, grow up! There's nothing in crown intoxication, okay. Besides, you see how you expose your folly to the whole world......PAUL quoted from book of Enoch Really.....Me think you same Logicboy03 in disguise..... grin. Let me go and track your IP address first....... shocked

Edo boy not Logicboy. Dont handle my pidgin pls, address my point or say i dont know.
Paul was quoting from something. Jude verse 14 says It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads,...... Now Mr. Pls show us where he quoted this from in your bible if your bible is complete
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx:

this is not a case of false dichotomy at all.

Your statement shows that you are not aware of the teachings and biblical interpretations of denominations outside your own

or you have not fully read the bible for yourself

Quite wrong - I will point out a few of YOUR false dichotomies.

cyrexx:
2. matthew, mark luke and john is both new testament and old testament.

This is a false dichotomy - there is no rigid 'distinction' of 'old testament' and 'new testament' beyond being before Jesus and the other being after Jesus was born. Anything beyond that simple distinction is a false dichotomy. It is simply a way to arrange the books of the bible and not a strict division enforced by God.

5. Mary should be honoured and mary should not be honoured.

Another false dichotomy - the bible itself says Mary is blessed among women - no one disputes this. It is how much emphasis is placed on it that differs. All Christians regard Mary with honour.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I don't have an RSV bible on hand at the moment but I hope I remember to give it a look when I come across one. What has the book of Enoch got to do with anything?

Anony! Paul quoted from the book of Enoch according to Jude verse 14. I think your 66 books have the book where Paul quote from
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

You are quite stubborn in your ignorance - where in those two verses is it said that 'God is three'? Or are you also unable to read? undecided

PS - the correct usage is 'versed' not 'vast'. grin If you lack these basic comprehension and grammar skills, you are not even worth another second of my time.

Abeg "leaf" this guy o. I don laf tire. Na so him say PAUL quoted from the book of Enouch....I'm like what the heck is he saying

FOLYKAZE:
I think your crown is intoxicating you like palm wine right? Provide the verse that says catholic bible should have more books than the protestant bible. Dont forget Paul quote from the book of Enoch in Jude verse 14. Now tell the world why the books are selective

grin grin grin grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Goshen360(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Edo boy not Logicboy. Dont handle my pidgin pls, address my point or say i dont know.
Paul was quoting from something. Jude verse 14 says It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads,...... Now Mr. Pls show us where he quoted this from in your bible if your bible is complete

The fact that you keep saying "Paul quoted from book of Enoch" shows you don't know what you're talking about and you want us to engage in time wasting argument with you....as in seriously . See my time na $$$s e dey spill for me, not this kind of argument....... grin

FOLYKAZE:

Anony! Paul quoted from the book of Enoch according to Jude verse 14. I think your 66 books have the book where Paul quote from

grin grin grin You see as I dey 'laf' you in tongues..... grin grin grin
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Enigma(m): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
@debosky, Mr Anony and Goshen360

I think you should consider again the title of the thread especially if I recast part of it like this: . . . . it is the job of atheists to twist the Bible. wink

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

Theologist teaching me linguistic. Handle what i laid down not the grammer.
You are still running away from the fact huh? You claim Jesus is not God, and i quoted verses in the bible that claim Jesus is God. Now you are running under the wing that says God is three. This shows you are not reading your bible at all. But let me help you

Genesis 18:1-2 says And the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he rat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, THREE MEN stood in front of him.........

Do you notice the Three Men mentioned there? And notice something that it is LORD not Lord. debosky yep. We got to the junction. You can twist those verses as it is your job as christian
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Goshen360:

The fact that you keep saying "Paul quoted from book of Enoch" shows you don't know what you're talking about and you want us to engage in time wasting argument with you....as in seriously . See my time na $$$s e dey spill for me, not this kind of argument....... grin

grin grin grin You see as I dey 'laf' you in tongues..... grin grin grin

The crowned Jewish Slave got nothing to offer. No way, you cant twist
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I pulled what? Mr, pls handle that verse not other verses or accept Jesus is drunk when he is saying he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel
Why? Is the verse I quoted not in the same bible? Why not read the bible in context instead of sprouting what you don't know.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And so what? Where is it written as law that the "completeness" of the bible depends upon whether all the quoted parts are accounted for in the same book?

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Enigma: @debosky, Mr Anony and Goshen360

I think you should consider again the title of the thread especially if I recast part of it like this: . . . . it is the job of atheists to twist the Bible. wink
Lol, the accusers of the brethren doing their father's business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Believing Pastors Is Dangerous To Your Health / Skyscrapers, Big Mansions & Ghetto Section Are In Heaven: What Is Your Choice? / Cain's Wife - Where Did He Get Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.