Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? (7575 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Koolking(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
A child's sojourn with people other than their biological parents helps a child to appreciate people more.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
NOOOO
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by omenka(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Under no circumstsnce would I.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by HARDDON: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
depends.

If ma wify and i just wano hit it off with a lil get away timee ƒoя ourselves, sure. The kids cud stay with som trusted relatives. If not,
No oda person wud ß able to raise ma kid beta dan ♏ԑ .

And i cudnt afford to miss dεм !
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by flow1759: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
ojuikwu: IGBO CAN DO IT BCUZ OF Money.well THIER BUNCH OF SLAVE IN NIGERIA.i MAGINE YORUBA WILL START PRODUCING Oil.added 2 OUR FINE STATE. Lagos.igbo are borntroway.see them run up and down inside sun.but the money then no get.well make then go back 2 thier ojukwu that starve them.thnks 4 ur corpporation. Welcome
is dis person hi on mari J mixed dried pepper? guy u run comot 4rm psychia home abi? Dem dey find u oh. D federal ministry of health warns d 4 jumbo of mari J a day leads to kolomentality. FULLSTOP
@topic, hell no FULLSTOP AGAIN
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
NO ... No matter ao close d person may be to me
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by ifedun2: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nay!
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by justi4jesu(f): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
I no go try am lie lie oooo...under 6years ke..that's not fair abeg.. Even if he or she is up to 18years sef, they can be molested..Instead of that, them go stay for boarding school. I have sworn not to try it.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Giftedhands2(f): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hell no! Not while i'm alive. Weneva i send my younger brother on an errand and he did not show up on time, i feel restless. So imagine if he was my son, would'nt deem it fit to let him outta my sight.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Zeebah23(f): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
No matter how close,i won't allow it. You don't assume you know somebody's behaviour coz your kids spent their vacation there and enjoyed it. Let them stay longer,you'll know.
The irony is,the one's you think aint close enough are better by far.
Unfortunately,most kids won't tell you the ugly part of the story.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Richy4(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
How old are we talking about here? because from 0 -11years is not suitable for that child to live with another person when their parent are alive and breathing. although in every majority, there must be minority. it is not every uncle/ Aunt that mistreats children in their care.if that is your fear
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by OmoAlata(f): 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
My mum wanted me to send one of my kids to live with her (she lives in Lagos, we're in the UK). I mean what's the point of it? If we don't send money to our mum she can't buy food so why does she want one of my kids I don't get it really. Anyway, it was a resounding NO from me. She quickly dropped the idea.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by partner5: 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
I will never allow my child to live with anyone, i grew up living with my elder sister and what i went through in her house is better not told here.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Angel778(f): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
NEVER!
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Definitely!

As long as the child would get the care and love they need from the person and still have frequent access to his/her parents.

It is not necessarily ideal, but it is very feasible.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by reach4it: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Never,
@ 6 when am supposed to be there at the child's formative years,
Mbanu.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Not when they are under 18 and I am still alive...
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by agog: 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
I am a very emmotional person. As far as I am still alive, I believe I cant allow my kid to live with another person, not even my parents whom I so much love and respect. I cant imagine myself comming from work and not see my child to hug.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by hardbody: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Yes I can, as soon as I confirm myself a failure. How else can I not provide for my child or children including buying or paying for whatever will make their lives same as what obtains at home. God forbid that my child should be allowed to stay with anyone else be the person a relation or otherwise? At least not while I am alive and kicking.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by passionate88: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Akshow: Hell no
my frnd's mom has 4 boys nd no gal of her own... Bt 2 gals are staying with her and she treats them just like her children... So @ op, it depends on the condition..
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by JOYCEOUS(f): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
NNEEVVEERRR!!! Nt yl am stil breathin
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by gabbytabby: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
Callotti: Most definitely. . . MY MOM AND DAD OR SIBLINGS!
No one else. I may drop dead today if my darling AGNOSTIC God decides to call moi. . . I want them to be able to develop sound emotional and psychological compasses/senses of wellbeing! TO REALIZE THAT NO ONE IS INDISPENSIBLE!!! cool
I lived with my grandma for a while while my parents were studying abroad.
THOSE WERE THE MOST PRODUCTIVE YEARS OF MY LIFE!
I learned soooooooooooo many things that have helped me today to be a strong, independent woman!
I LOVE MY PARENTS AND I LOVE MY GRANDMA!

I don't come from 'dysfunctional' roots. . . .so I have absolutely no fear! cool
My children have been taught how to communicate effectively and can NEVER be intimidated. . . just like moi!
No matter who they live with! I have taught them about OPTIONS!!!! All about developing the basic survival instincts!cool

It is only natural to 'fear' others. . .if your life and upbringing was marred by domestic violence and sex-ual exploitation!
I thank my AGNOSTIC GOD! cool

I nor get that kain 'born hia-born dia' kind of dysfunctional problem! kiss
MOST NIGERIAN PARENTS ARE PSYCHOS THEMSELVES! kiss

Survival instincts at 6 years old you do come across as a totally cold human being so I am not sure that it worked for you.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by agitator: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
debrief08: Seeing what I went through before having babies one will expect me to be over protective and want my kids around me 24/7, Contrary, I learnt a lot mrom my mother in law.
Yes I will let my kids stay with my family and very close friends, My son spends a bulk of his hokidays with my Dad and same for the other grand kids its like a reunion. He lines up a lot of activities for them and they have loads of fun.
Maybe I am old school and don't believe my kids are mine alone. I think its good to let them have a life. Living permanently with someone I doubt but holidays, sleep overs etc they are welcome.
My boy is fiercely independent and doesn't like being fussed over, he is orgainised and neat, even scolds me when I dump things in his room anyhow.

Let kids be kids, I wasn't bubble wrapped and don't intend to bubble wrap my kids.
I have seen 5 year olds scream and cry when being seperated from their parents, My boy barely turns to say bye, he is usually excited about the fun he is about to have with and a change of environment.

somebody dey talk of permanent living, you dey mention "holiday" all these ajebotas for nairaland na wah undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by DOKON(m): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
My children can only spend the night(s) outside my house only in their grandmother's house! Children of nowadays need close monitoring. My take on this is a very big NO
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by 5much(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
pple shd b ready to take responsibility nd train their kids by themselves.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by remmydada(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
As for me i cant allow my child to live anybody no matter how close, i was a product of that kind of lifestyle i lived the first 30 yrs of my live with my uncle and i still have the scar on me up till now u can never know the heart of man i pray that God will give us long life so that we will be able to take very good care of our children nobody i mean nobody can take care of your child like you
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
How can she single out a child from the rest,well to be on a safe side,because some people can be wicked,maybe she has gone to (yewo) the childs destiny as some people believe.Its no good idea,tell your friend to train her kid herself.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
@uplawal grin grin e pele nibe yen ..... destiny you said eh?..... Now that is a serious matter o grin you believe in all that? but what do I know?..... It's human we are talking about here lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
While growing up I once lived with an uncle, not a good experience but I'm a better person and in a better position today, so thank God. Anyways, it was just an experience for me.

Under no circumstance, whatsoever would any of my kids live with any relatives. I pray for long life, financial wealth and sufficiency to be father enough for my families in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person? by oyarose(f): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ok, this na my own take. I lived with my own blood sister for almost eleven years.
Even though we were blood related, it never stopped her from treating me like a slave.
At slightest provocation, my ghana must go will see the street that day, hurling all manner
of abuse at me. I saw ghen ghen 4 her hand. i was always abused by her Husband, and because i tuned
down all his advances, he lied to my sister that i disrespect him, therefore the abuse never stopped.
The main housemaid of thr house,that one, my own case better pass her own. Tufiakwa..plus God forbid, never will my
children live with anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Love Me / How Effective Is Withdrawal Method In Family Planning? / How Do I Make Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.