Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? (32605 Views)

Muslims, Is This True? / For Muslims: Is Bid'ah (innovation) The Reason Why Islamic Societies Lag Behind. / Muslims. Is It Possible To Have Feelings For Someone U Cant Marry Due To Religious Orientation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2013
mrkels:
And Boko? What does that one mean?
So why can't the boko 'haram' boys see that their sect is even 'forbidden'

Boko= Book which is synonymous to Education.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2013
tellwisdom:
Would it have been a bad idea if it was written as "prohibited" instead of "haram", most of us have no knowledge, what it means??.

Yes, "haram" is also an English word. The dictionary is your friend. tongue

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Haram?s=t

#Nonsense
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Libkid(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2013
Cabsso:

Haram means prohibited.
neva knew.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Libkid(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2013
Cabsso:

Haram means prohibited.
neva knew.then wat of boko?
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by floriana(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2013
maclatunji: OP is doing market research for a new product I am sure. You can see the answer up there, the basic rule is that if it is proven that it is completely non-alcoholic, there is no blame on the drinker.

However, going by the fact that the name "beer" is attached to the product, many Muslims would stay clear of the product altogether even if Islam permits them to drink it because of its non-alcoholic nature.

Allah knows best.

It should not be called BEER. It should be called ISLAMEER to encourage the islamist to drink it.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
The word bear in it makes it alcoholic & indeed haram to take. If it were bear, it wount beverages & vice versal.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by ignis: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2013
So what's the conclusion now?
Is beer or wine without alcohol forbidden in islam?
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by TableLeg(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2013
Libkid: neva knew.then wat of boko?
You are stylishly looking for trouble here ... Get lost now before it gets hot for you!
Feigning ignorance, you silly kid!
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by ParisLove1: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: Most cough and cold medicines are intoxicating, does that make them HAram in Islam?!

I don't think so
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by fuke(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2013
ballabriggs: Right guys, I know there are some people who avoid drinking beer based on their ethical, religious and a whole lot of obligations. However non-alcoholic beer brands are increasingly being made available in the market. For example, Becks and Bavaria have these brands for those that want to enjoy the fun of beer but their obligations would not permit the comsumption of alcoholic beer.

I thus ask would you go for a non-alcoholic beer brand? I need honest opinions based on economic, socio-cultural, legal and other relevant perspectives. I am even more interested in what Christian and Islamic scholars have to say about these non-alcoholic brands. Does it go counter to your religious obligations.

For family people who avoid drinking beer because of the kids in the house, do you think the non-alcoholic brands provide a good option? Do you think the non-alcoholic brands will have the same negative influence on your kids as the alcoholic brands that you avoid? Would you let your kids drink a non-alcoholic beer?

For those interested in political issues, do you think government should place as much taxes on non-alcoholic beer as alcoholic beer considering the fact that it is produced by the same organisations? Do you think laws should be made to prevent young people below the age of 18 from consuming this?

For those who love alcoholic beer because of the feeling it gives, do you think buying non-alcoholic beer is a "waste of money" ?

Please I need your opinion on this.

If it is not alcoholic it is not beer.

simple.

If you want to drink beer, drink beer and if not, go for soft drinks.

Non alcoholic beer? ogbon le nda.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by tellwisdom: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Yes, "haram" is also an English word. The dictionary is your friend. tongue

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Haram?s=t

#Nonsense
You are a joke....perusing what I copped from the google. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haram. I think prohibited would have been best suited for the subject matter for a better understanding of the readers......you guys should stop ramming ur religious canon down our oesophagus abeg sad
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by eaglechild: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2013
ola_pluto:

I strongly disagree with both of you sirs.
1. There are non-alcoholic wines with 0.0% alcohol in it. There are also beers with 0.0% alcohol. Maltina is a type of beer. For a list of non alcoholic beers and wine on sale, check this website: http://alcoholfree.co.uk/.
2. Oga Sunnymoore, am sorry you have no jurisdiction to speak for Islam.
Pls refer to a standard English dictionary.
Non alcoholic wine does not exist.
If it has no alcohol it is called juice.

1 Like

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Okija_juju: Most cough and cold medicines are intoxicating, does that make them HAram in Islam?!

@Okija i didnt see you on my Sokoto thread. You promised to watch out and it was on the frontpage all through yeaterday and is still on the Front page
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by tellwisdom: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2013
eaglechild:
Approved

2 Likes

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2013
tellwisdom:
You are a joke....perusing what I copped from the google. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haram. I think prohibited would have been best suited for the subject matter for a better understanding of the readers......you guys should stop ramming ur religious canon down our oesophagus abeg sad

LOL. I know you got caught out, wikipedia will not teach you English. Next time, do some basic research before exposing and embarrassing yourself in such a manner. #Pele tongue
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 10:31am On Jan 03, 2013
eaglechild:

LOL!
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by tellwisdom: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. I know you got caught out, wikipedia will not teach you English. Next time, do some basic research before exposing and embarrassing yourself in such a manner. #Pele tongue
Pele o! Oga haram...undecided
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 10:43am On Jan 03, 2013
tellwisdom:
Pele o! Oga haram...undecided

LOL cheesy tongue tongue tongue
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Mustymohd2: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2013
no is not
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Ask Boko-Haram

1 Like

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by Coldfaya(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2013
nagoma:

Same as decaffeinated coffee. Or intimacy with condom.

Hmmmm! Still don't get it wallahi.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by ballabriggs: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2013
Thanks guys I am enjoying the debate. Remember just like decaffeinated coffee, it does not stop it from being a beer if it does not contain alcohol.

But I ask another important question here, will you let kids below 12 years drink a non-alcoholic beer?

And for Doctors, will a non-alcoholic beer have the same potential harmful effect on a beer loving pregnant woman as the alcoholic brands?

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by mustafar1: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2013
we already have this in the nigerian market. its known as FAYROUZ made from barley malt.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by ballabriggs: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2013
must_a_far: we already have this in the nigerian market. its known as FAYROUZ made from barley malt.

I have had a taste of Fayrouz and trust me it is nothing like this. This tastes and smells like beer but then it has no alcohol content in it.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by obiora(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2013
What is it with these bullshit topics here on nairaland? Don't you pple know that you will not enter the kingdom of God based on what or what not you may eat? It's becoming very annoying seeing these topics on the front page. Can we eat this and that as a Muslim? Is it a sin when you kiss your fiancé/boy-girlfriend before marriage? Djeez, what do they teach you pple over there? The only way to enter Gods kingdom is by His grace and trough the acceptance of His son Jesus Christ. It's just simple as that. Christ died once for all your sins, he didn't have to die a billion times for all of them....One cannot enter the Heavens based on his own works here on earth. It is almost an insult to God thinking we as humans can.

Just my 2 kobo.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by BlueMurder(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL!

What are you lolling about? He's right: according to Encarta Dictionary, "beer is an alcoholic drink brewed by fermenting malt with sugar and yeast...."

1 Like

Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by dabigwalls: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2013
koolet: Since its no more alcholic then why call it a beer? Soft drink i guess btw op its too early 4 such questionz nau

hahahahaaaa! lmao
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by bright007(f): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Knowledge9000: Yes, it is still Haram. As non-alcoholic beers contain 0.5% of alcohol. Now, I know you really want to taste it but the only way you can is if you can convert to Christianity or other religions besides Islam or, you will be going against the will of Allah. If I were you, I'll just convert.[/b]

Religion is the biggest farce ever told to mankind: by Knowledge9000.
..You are a big fool for writing the bolded.
Between Christianity and Islam,which followers are known for drunkenness!
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by mustafar1: 11:27am On Jan 03, 2013
ballabriggs:

I have had a taste of Fayrouz and trust me it is nothing like this. This tastes and smells like beer but then it has no alcohol content in it.

ok then, the beer made by bavaria is made from the same raw material fayrouz is made from. fayrouz is carbonated to give it that softdrink look and taste and also the fermentation stage of beer making is skipped so no sugar cant change into alcohol so it all boils down to the manufacturing process.
Re: Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? by maclatunji: 11:43am On Jan 03, 2013
must_a_far: we already have this in the nigerian market. its known as FAYROUZ made from barley malt.

No sir. Fayrouz is a premium soft drink not a beer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / Sheik Dahiru Bauchi Defies Sultan, Holds Eid On Wednesday / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.