Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

My Wife thank you - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife thank you (6191 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife thank you by redfly(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Op the only folks championing ur wife's cause are d single ladies and frustrated house wives. It is illogical for her to earn a decent salary and still expect u to give her an allowance. If u can afford it comfortably then by all means feel free, but if u can't then explain it to her afterall she is ur wife. If she still insists- make she go hug transformer.

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Copy that Madam CC, You see Men just falling and dying and people will say "He was not sick oh" na lie, the man is carrying wetin pass his power without support, constantly strained and stressed, not bonding with his kids, comes home collapses in front of the TV can't enjoy the house he is working so hard to pay for.
He doesn't even have time go for check up, him na just ATM and the day he looses his ATM status all hell breaks loose and they start calling him "useless man". My husband is more than a cash cow. He is my partner and friend anything that will stress him is not in my books

5 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Lmao!

The tag team. . .they make threads like these an interesting read. cheesy cheesy

Happy New Year!
Madam I replied you on the other thread, don't think you saw, barka da sabuwar shekara kiss
Re: My Wife thank you by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
chaircover: This is one of the reasons why some women are treated like trash and with no respect. This is also why the gulfs between some husbands and wives are so great one can hardly believe that they are married.

If you dont get involved with your husband and being a "helper" in the real sense of it, then how do you have a voice in the future when the man chooses to spend his money anyway he deems fit.

How do you sit down and plan the future together? How do you become his confidant and he trusts your judgment to steer him in the direction of right financial decisions, when infact it is you who is bleeding the man dry in the first instance and he sees you as a liability?

Allowance on top of not spending a penny of your own money? Do you want to kill the man ni? Clearly the man is struggling and that is why he is complaining. Of what benefit to you as a wife is a stressed, grouchy & tired all the time man who has to work all hours and has to dabble into so many things just to satisfy your financial demands?

E ma seun pupo oo. Thanks you verrry plentyyful
Re: My Wife thank you by SisiKill1: 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
ibkaye: What exactly does she do with her money? What a leech

Bwhahahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy

ibkaye:
Madam I replied you on the other thread, don't think you saw, barka da sabuwar shekara kiss

Are you serious?! My bad!!

I didn't see it, that thread was flying so fast and furiously!!

Welcome back!! kiss kiss
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Happy New Year my Darling. A million kisses to you Sweetheart, You know I love you pass grapes

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by divinelove(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hw can a working woman b demandin monthly allowance frm her man, wen d man alone pays all d bills. She needs to understand dt she is a helpmate to her hubby. This is 2013 n d reason y she is workin is to assist the family meet their needs. If she is a housewife i can understand but nt wen workin. She can ask for occassional gifts n treats nt cash.
My take though
Re: My Wife thank you by greatgod2012(f): 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
debrief08: Wow @ greatgod, by you general defination my husband is less of a man while am not a good wife. Lol.
What works for others may not work for you but it doesn't make others who choose a different route less of anything or bad.

its like some of you dont really undestand my point here, i mean, its good to share bills, but i dont appreciate a situation where d hubby will call d wife, for example, saying.........ehn, since your salary is .....you take care of so...so...so....., while i take care of so...so...so, , i think this may make d woman feel somehow about d hubby, i prefer something like....... Take so...so...so... amount, this is what i can afford, it is now d woman dt will use her discretion to know how much to add to cmplement d hubby, this is my own take on this issue.
Anyway, as for me, i dont have problem as regards finance, he understand me, i understand him, he even know what thrills me, even, if im not given any money, cool words are what i need, and you will see things falling in their rightful places in d house.
No two marriages are d same, we have to understand what works for us and make use of it accordingly.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by SisiKill1: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
debrief08: Happy New Year my Darling. A million kisses to you Sweetheart, You know I love you pass grapes

Lol! Same here Sis. ..same here!

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Somehow how? What is the point of me working? What is the point of being a helper? Is being a wife about cooking, cleaning and making babies?
Is the point of planning not so you both will be more organised? If my husband says let us plan and I say No I will usse my discretion how does that work out?
How does he know the gaps I will fill in? How do we plan for fees, mortgage, projects, and expenses? Are we not a couple? Why should my money be at my discretion?

Why will I feel somehow planning for a future with money I earn for that purpose?

5 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by greatgod2012(f): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
I dont know why a working class wife will not want to financially assist their hubby, may be they want them die prematurely, since d man has to be responsible for all d bills, forgetting that what they refuse to share with d man, they will have to do it all alone, by d time the wife use her selfishness and to much stress to kill him.
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Lol Greatgod, isn't it the whole point of this thread? He is being over burdened and he is trying to plan with his wife to make the load lighter? The wife is not only refusing but adding more to the heavy load.
A moment ago you said men who ask for help are not real men, now you are saying every working wife will help, but the poster said his working wife not only refuses to help but asks for an additional allowance.
Which one is it? Plan with your husband and be a partner or stay and keep grabing?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by greatgod2012(f): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
debrief08: Lol Greatgod, isn't it the whole point of this thread? He is being over burdened and he is trying to plan with his wife to make the load lighter? The wife is not only refusing but adding more to the heavy load.
A moment ago you said men who ask for help are not real men, now you are saying every working wife will help, but the poster said his working wife not only refuses to help but asks for an additional allowance.
Which one is it? Plan with your husband and be a partner or stay and keep grabing?

i did not say women should nt assist their hubby, what i said is dt its not a good idea on d part of d man to be specifying which area d woman should come in to assist, i just dont like d idea, but i will never support women not supporting their hubby, unless she want to kill him faster.

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by donchris369: 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
@chaircover,May God bless you and give me your type for a wife. Hmmmm...greatgod you really disappointed me today oo. You say this man is loosing his respect by footing all the bills in the house with his salary without even considering himself and yet pay his wife who earn salary without any contribution to the marriage but herself alone. Hmmm.... Wahala dey ooo. Women of now adays very greedy and selfish. If these man should loose his job, he is in real trouble cos dis his greedy wife will go get the salary somewere else outside the marriage. Smh.
chaircover: This is one of the reasons why some women are treated like trash and with no respect. This is also why the gulfs between some husbands and wives are so great one can hardly believe that they are married.

If you dont get involved with your husband and being a "helper" in the real sense of it, then how do you have a voice in the future when the man chooses to spend his money anyway he deems fit.

How do you sit down and plan the future together? How do you become his confidant and he trusts your judgment to steer him in the direction of right financial decisions, when infact it is you who is bleeding the man dry in the first instance and he sees you as a liability?

Allowance on top of not spending a penny of your own money? Do you want to kill the man ni? Clearly the man is struggling and that is why he is complaining. Of what benefit to you as a wife is a stressed, grouchy & tired all the time man who has to work all hours and has to dabble into so many things just to satisfy your financial demands?

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
So if it is not specified how do they plan? How does the husband know what areas are covered?
Is marriage not a partnership? Why does it seem like working together to keep a home running well is a favor to the man.
No wonder some Nigerian Men act as if they do women a favor by marrying them it is because Some women carry this mentality. If women will choose to be partners they are meantto be then they will be respected as such.
I don't see my husband throwing my load out one day as is done to several women.
A husband like I said is no cash cow, building your home with proper planning is no favor

5 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
We sat down with blank word excel document and a calculator .... brewed a fresh 12cup coffee pot with lot of cream and sugar on the side and talked about everything in details .... for me that's the way to go..... I also have responsibilities to cater for besides my immediate family and him too.....it is well grin

Token I expect from him; Full tank every week , my aesthetician bills paid, my breakfast and lunch cards reloaded..... and I'm a happy baby grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
OP, how much is your wife earning?

If she is earnong 50K naira and your class of person is very high, there is no way that money will be enough for her upkeep

Infact, Remove your eye from her money abeg! Wetin sef! Just an advice, i dont want you to die young.

From your writing, you seem to be getting tired already! You never start! You don jam olumo rock.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by CNN80: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Very odd wife. I wonder what her thought process is.
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin: OP, how much is your wife earning?

If she is earnong 50K naira and your class of person is very high, there is no way that money will be enough for her upkeep

Infact, Remove your eye from her money abeg! Wetin sef! Just an advice, i dont want you to die young.

From your writing, you seem to be getting tired already! You never start! You don jam olumo rock.

If she's earning 50k then she should at least do the groceries and do whatever with the rest ...... I wouldn't withstand such wife for my brother so why do what you can't take ? Not fair.

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by 2good(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
greatgod2012: Im a married woman, i also work, but inasmuch as i dont believe in overburdening my man with responsibilities, i will not appreciate him telling me what to use my money for, what am i saying? With what you just said here, your wife is trying to tell you to be responsible based on your ability and capacity, to your family and not tell her what she should use her money for.
My advice: give her whatever you can afford and she will know how to spend it prudently, you will be surprised how shes gonna go a long way in making sure everything is in good shape in d house. To be honest with you, d day my hubby split d responsibilities and tell me which one to handle, is d day he will start to loose his respect in d house. Do what you can afford, and leave her with how and what she spend her money for.
A good woman will do anything to make sure you both succeed, what you just need is to trust her sense of reasoning.

Happy married life and may God give you d wisdom required in this new journey you both just emback on...... Amen

The above you typed doesn't make any sense. Did you see where the guy said he will take care of other bills including feeding, rent, security etc? Should he kill himself because he is married to her? You said he has no right to tell her what to do with her salary but she want to tell him how to spend his salary. Many women are just so inconsiderate and selfish!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by armyofone(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
So many ways to resolve the issue.

1. You should do the joint account.
2. Let her be the manager of the joint acct.

or
you tell her 8000 is our pocket money. Take as much for your upkeep etc.

or like some poster already said, oblige her, give her certain amount every month. We love money kai grin
It is costly to be a woman. Tampon/Poise/Always dare for market now.

Joke aside, a good man you are to take full responsibility of the house expense. It is well.
Give her something little, too early to start fighting for money.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by 2good(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
greatgod2012:

he is a real man, he doesnt need to be told what he should use his money for.
Btw, is this d only thing i wrote here. Accept it or not, telling your wife which responsibility of d house to handle makes you less a man. A good wife will never allow his hubby to do it all.....that is d essence of understanding in marriage and one of my reasons why i will never support woman being a full time housewife.

Tell me what right do you have as a woman to make a man kill himself just to make you happy? Its funny that telling the man the responsibilities to take care of doesn't make you less of a woman but when the man tells his wife what to do with her money, it makes him less of a man. I am disappointed that women still reason like this
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
armyofone:
Tampon/Poise/Always dare for market now.

Kai! Comot dere! Na gold plaited tampax you dey use? grin grin wink

But sha, me I don't think he needs to give her monthly money o. If she needs some extra money for something specific, she can ask and he can give her but that monthly allowance when she is working is another thing o.

Speaking to Vikin's point though, how much is she earning and how much does she need? Was her salary being buffered by her parents before she got married? If not why are her personal needs now exceeding what they were when she was single?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin: OP, how much is your wife earning?

If your earnings cant cover your needs alone (not even children o) then you need to revise your needs and live within your means else you are on the way to bankruptcy

4 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by aniffy4eva(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ OP
We need to put this in proper context. How much does she earn and how much do you earn? If she earns like N50,000 and you earn like N2,000,000 then bros .... shake body small... wink
But if the difference is marginal, then that's PURE GREED. angry

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
aniffy4eva: @ OP
We need to put this in proper context. How much does she earn and how much do you earn? If she earns like N50,000 and [b]you earn like N2,000,000 [/b]then bros .... shake body small... wink
But if the difference is marginal, then that's PURE GREED. angry

Na everybody you think say dem hammer like you Oga patapata

I see your message oo

2 Likes

Re: My Wife thank you by eagleeye2: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
Callotti:
OR SHE WILL GET IT FROM SOMEWHERE ESLE. . .if she is like me o! grin

LOTS OF IT TOOO! I dun 'ave time for big-big grammar and too much long tok-tok! cool

Like I said earlier today, you never fail to disappoint.
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
jidegirl12:

If she's earning 50k then she should at least do the groceries and do whatever with the rest ...... I wouldn't withstand such wife for my brother so why do what you can't take ? Not fair.

I would be very happy is my borthers wife earns such and keep to herself. At least, no matter what she will buy little stuff for the kids with what belongs to her (Thats another story).

So, what happens if the lady is not earning salary?

I have decided not to look at any other persons income including hubbys. like that you live long. Her husband should do the same!

She should however play it safe by buying little stuff for the hubby, like that the man no go complain too much.
Even if it means shorting the feeding allowance. grin
Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
On issue of marriage partnership, I hearby confess of having some income hubby doesnt know it exist. After we met, i moved my hard earned cash and tendered the remaining as account balance for partnership cool

Feels good to know you have some cash somewhere that is not to be touched. But me and hubby account...na we get am!

I love partnership!

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu:

If your earnings cant cover your needs alone (not even children o) then you need to revise your needs and live within your means else you are on the way to bankruptcy

My dear, you dont understand...dont mind all these women claiming partnership, yes it exist but we still love hiding money for emergency shopping! Speaking for myself o!

The money we take out for emergency shopping its the best. So, her hubby should understand. Its not every thing you punch calculator smiley
Re: My Wife thank you by eagleeye2: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
Vikin: On issue of marriage partnership, I hearby confess of having some income hubby doesnt know it exist. After we met, i moved my hard earned cash and tendered the remaining as account balance for partnership cool

Feels good to know you have some cash somewhere that is not to be touched. But me and hubby account...na we get am!

I love partnership!

For your mind you don act sharp gurl, abi? If hubby do the same he becomes a liar and someone who cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Re: My Wife thank you by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

For your mind you don act sharp gurl, abi? If hubby do the same he becomes a liar and someone who cannot be trusted.

I trust him so much that he wont do the same...even if he does, not my business as long as my little allowee no short.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Old Man Caught Defiling A Little Girl **photos** / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man / Exquisite And Durable Furnitures For Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.