Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified (7313 Views)

FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / FG Owes 70,000 Workers Three-month Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by earthgreeners(m): 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Flyboy Zee: BRF constructs roads in Lagos State.
GEJ pays the bills.
Nairalanders (sorry, BRF apologists on NL) insults and curses GEJ for not performing and praises BRF to high heavens. My people, whatever happened to "He who pays the piper dictates the tune".

My people, you see its all a vicious cycle. The FG is working whether you like it or not, whether you know it or not, there are a lot of things going on under the scene which you may obviously not be aware of. So please, when you talk, be careful, because you actually do not know what percentage is being paid for by different parties.

Housefly, the thread is about LASG constructing Federal roads and the FG's refusal to pay up money spent on these road after it has been certified ok by the FG engineers....

It's not a BRF vs GEJ thing cos there is no point comparing a Lion with a tortoise.

Hope you get the point?....

Lastly, Please go read up the RETARDEEN THEORY

4 Likes

Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by solomon111(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
earthgreeners:

Housefly, the thread is about LASG constructing Federal roads and the FG's refusal to pay up money spent on these road after it has been certified ok by the FG engineers....

It's not a BRF vs GEJ thing cos there is no point comparing a Lion with a tortoise.

Hope you get the point?....

Lastly, Please go read up the RETARDEEN THEORY
was there anytime the FG said they won't pay?

1 Like

Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by earthgreeners(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
solomon111: was there anytime the FG said they won't pay?

The LASG simply don't trust the FG cos the FG is full of deceit....
Are u aware there is presently no formal contract btw FG and Julius Berger on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway?

4 Likes

Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by gunuvi(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Shame on Fashola and his cronies. You want to claim 50b and you only mentioned just one road and "others" na wa ooo. Which roads are the others??
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
earthgreeners:

The above post got me laughing..
Like seriously, solomon111, do you reason with your bu.tt?
that solomom guy is high on local drugs to type that.shallow minded freak.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Frustrated citizen.
gunuvi: Shame on Fashola and his cronies. You want to claim 50b and you only mentioned just one road and "others" na wa ooo. Which roads are the others??
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Demdem(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
gunuvi: Shame on Fashola and his cronies. You want to claim 50b and you only mentioned just one road and "others" na wa ooo. Which roads are the others??

The FG engineers who vetted the projects and certify them to be so know better than anyone of us here.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by south4sure(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lol
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
51 billion naira for which road? Are they bridges, and if they're how many are they? How many kilometers?
It seems the Lagos SG is trying to scam the FG. That's why the FG is withholding the payments.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
Let those states Pool funds together, then build a second Niger bridge if they really desire it....

Oh, wait, my bad, I forgot we're talking about Lagos that rarely waits for the FG's bullshiyyt tales.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by earthgreeners(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
J12: 51 billion naira for which road? Are they bridges, and if they're how many are they? How many kilometers? It seems the Lagos SG is trying to scam the FG. That's why the FG is withholding the payments.

You mean the FG engineers are so retarded that they dont know the actual worth of a completed road project to have certified them OK?
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
;DOh GAD I didn't see this quick enough. Haha so Ashion Congress is still reeling from my sister's refusal to guarantee their awuf loan?

Come chop loan na! Make you take loan then tomorrow you tell *Nigerians* to go back to their *fillage*

Abeg make I see road o jare.... Ashion Rascals in a rather bizzare display of rascality. Hold on, I will unleash Sanusi the very loyal mallam on you guys this 2013. Yo know say that one like to close una bank grin
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
@earthgreener, sorry earthdiggers, sorry I meant, gravegreenass or is it even gravediggers, did I insult you? why didn't you just deal with what I wrote, instead of sh*ting my monicker?

All I said was simple. People praise BRF for performing and berate GEJ for underachievement. Yet the so-called high performance index of BRF is hinged on disbursements (exclusive of the monthly allocations) by GEJ.

Let me tell you what you don't know.a

1. GEJ paying the N51B is a favour to BRF and LASG, because like every other state, Lagos draws a monthly allocation from the FG for which BRF can decide what to do with it.

2. Those roads constructed by LASG are not priority roads in the scale of preference of roads in the FG's list. There are roads in this country which serve better social and economic importance than those roads in Ikeja.

3. With or without the contributiom of Lagos, Nigeria would survive very well and still develop economically at the same pace or even faster.

4. BRF who is equivocally vocal knows all of the above and many more things you and I do not know, but yet kept quiet even as the FG is yet to pay up the N51B. Unfortunately, his commissoner for works who doesn't even know how people gain admittance into Aso Rock to see Mr. Presidents sits in an A/Ced car in the traffic on 3rd Mainland bridge and begin to spew trash from his mouth after getting high on amala/ewedu/gbegiri/kpomo combination on the Island.

5. You should know better than to call people you do not know names on a public forum because you are tucked up in an office using up megabytes that have been for by somebody.

6. I rest my case.

7. Thank you, thank you, thank you and God bless. Amen.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by larride(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^^^^^ I laugh in japanesse style.

So Gov. Fash is meant to use his monthly allocation to construct Federal roads? Do you even know what Federal road is?

I intend no insult, sorry if it sound as such.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Larride, I didn't say that. Even if thats what you thought I meant, what was BRF supposed to do with the monthly allocations? By the way what road in Lagos is not a federal road? Do you remember that Lagos was developed with our collective commonwealth? Almost all the infrastructure in Lagos were developed when Lagos was the Federal Capital. What most Lagos State Governors are doing is simply to rehabilitate/revamp/reconstruct or expand most of those dilapidating infrastructure.

Now, take a look at this. Are those roads the most important roads in Las gidis? No. Are those roads more important than the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway that is in a state of disrepair? especially at the Apapa axis. I don't think so too.
Are there no Lagos State roads that are worse than that? No. I don't also think so.

Then why did BRF choose to leave state roads that obviously are in no better conditions and start constructing Federal roads, only to start husttling the FG for refunds.

Thats why I said BRF knows things we don't in my earlier argument.

1 Like

Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by slimfit1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
solomon111: FG does not contribute its quota,yet it has;
1)Upgraded the ports in lagos,while abandoning ports in other parts of the country.
2)Ensured that lagos have the second highest federal allocation in the country.
3)it has consistently paid lagos its allocation without fail(at least under GEJ)
4)It has always favoured the movement of foreign investments to lagos,at the detriments of other states.
5)it has ensured that the bulk of Nigeria's power is available to lagos to aid industries and companies.
6)it has signed various MOUs with lagos state govt to ensure smooth interplay between both parties and to aid trade and investments.
7)The FG is about to start oil-drilling in lagos next year,which would massively increase lagos revenues.
Infact,the FG(under GEJ) has favoured lagos state at the detriment of other viable states.

Young man let me correct you Lagos is the only place most investors want to come to don't try to deceive yourself ma, and you talk about power Tinubu brought the first independent power plant to Nigeria so don't even mention that one who want to live next to Boko Aram in abuja don't brain wash yourself Tinubu and Fashola provided a convinent environment for the apart from the facilities that was there that has decayed get it right.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by pheliciti: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Flyboy Zee: @earthgreener, sorry earthdiggers, sorry I meant, gravegreenass or is it even gravediggers, did I insult you? why didn't you just deal with what I wrote, instead of sh*ting my monicker?

All I said was simple. People praise BRF for performing and berate GEJ for underachievement. Yet the so-called high performance index of BRF is hinged on disbursements (exclusive of the monthly allocations) by GEJ.

Let me tell you what you don't know.a

1. GEJ paying the N51B is a favour to BRF and LASG, because like every other state, Lagos draws a monthly allocation from the FG for which BRF can decide what to do with it.

2. Those roads constructed by LASG are not priority roads in the scale of preference of roads in the FG's list. There are roads in this country which serve better social and economic importance than those roads in Ikeja.

3. With or without the contributiom of Lagos, Nigeria would survive very well and still develop economically at the same pace or even faster.

4. BRF who is equivocally vocal knows all of the above and many more things you and I do not know, but yet kept quiet even as the FG is yet to pay up the N51B. Unfortunately, his commissoner for works who doesn't even know how people gain admittance into Aso Rock to see Mr. Presidents sits in an A/Ced car in the traffic on 3rd Mainland bridge and begin to spew trash from his mouth after getting high on amala/ewedu/gbegiri/kpomo combination on the Island.

5. You should know better than to call people you do not know names on a public forum because you are tucked up in an office using up megabytes that have been for by somebody.

6. I rest my case.

7. Thank you, thank you, thank you and God bless. Amen.

Point of correction, the FG does not do any state a favour by repairing Federal Roads. It is a responsibility vested in the FG by the constitution and based on which the FG earns the highest chunk of revenue allocation. The roads in question are Federal roads which were repaired with the approval of the FG. One of such is the Badagry expressway project. Note that Lagos state bears the additional cost of the rail infrastructure and yet the whole construction work is less expensive than the Abuja Airport Road/ Umar Yar Adua Road Project.
The lack of FG commitment to local projects like road construction is good premise for the argument that FG should let go of such responsibilities and a commensurate share of its revenue allocation and allow the states handle it. Rgds
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by hightechIT: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Where is the LIKE button...? #BRF continue the good work#
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by kuljay: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Where is the road lipsrsealed
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by creativemusic: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by onatisi(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
lagos acn goverent is asking for 51billion naira from a pdp fg with just 26months to a general election.kobo they will not get
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by CohenJane: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
For_Now:

Which yeye document! Is it the roads we pass and pay toll for passing. So when FG pays them the money will they stop collecting tolls on the road. Afterall, its our stolen tax monies they used in constructing the road and tolling us on top.

Monkey!!! So, in your wrong sense of thinking, the toll-road belongs to the federal gov. If it had belong to the federal govt, there wouldn't have been any need to toll it in the first place
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by demsat: 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Flyboy Zee: BRF constructs roads in Lagos State.
GEJ pays the bills.
Nairalanders (sorry, BRF apologists on NL) insults and curses GEJ for not performing and praises BRF to high heavens. My people, whatever happened to "He who pays the piper dictates the tune".

My people, you see its all a vicious cycle. The FG is working whether you like it or not, whether you know it or not, there are a lot of things going on under the scene which you may obviously not be aware of. So please, when you talk, be careful, because you actually do not know what percentage is being paid for by different parties.
if u assertion above is true, then your PDP led by Jonathan must be clueless. So BRF constructed\rehabilitated the Okota-Amuwo Odofin link road and Jonathan paid for it? I laff in waffi language.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
onatisi: lagos acn goverent is asking for 51billion naira from a pdp fg with just 26months to a general election.kobo they will not get

How many months to an election should they have asked?
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by BlackPikiN(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
It's nothing new.
LASG is not the first state to repair FG roads.
It happened in Abia when Orji Uzor Kalu had to use state money to fix some FG roads in Aba.
The money was never refunded because OUK had problems with OBJ.
I am very sure some other states have/had the same problem, so this guy should stfu and ask for the state money quietly.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
pheliciti:

Point of correction, the FG does not do any state a favour by repairing Federal Roads. It is a responsibility vested in the FG by the constitution and based on which the FG earns the highest chunk of revenue allocation. The roads in question are Federal roads which were repaired with the approval of the FG. One of such is the Badagry expressway project. Note that Lagos state bears the additional cost of the rail infrastructure and yet the whole construction work is less expensive than the Abuja Airport Road/ Umar Yar Adua Road Project.
The lack of FG commitment to local projects like road construction is good premise for the argument that FG should let go of such responsibilities and a commensurate share of its revenue allocation and allow the states handle it. Rgds

My fellow NLanders, BRF is not the first governor in Nigeria to do such a feat. Whats even all the hype about? James Ibori of Delta State did same back then in the days, in short, he started it in this political dispensation with the Warri-Benin road/bypass. Orji Uzor Kalu also did same when Thief Tony Anenih fixed N300B instead of fixing roads in the SE. Donald Duke of Cross River state also did same back then. This was when your beloved BRF was still a commissioner under Thief Bola Tinubu. All of these Governors were PDP governors, I hope you remembered that? In this current political climate, Godswill Akpabio has done same in Akwa Ibom state. He did not just fix only federal roads in Uyo, he rather fixed all roads linking all the neighbouring states to Akwa Ibom, which we all know are federal roads, yet nobody is shouting to high heavens

Lest I forget, I am not a PDP member/Apologist nor a GEJ Psycophant. But, there is one thing I know, the truth should always be told no matter whose ox is gored.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
demsat: if u assertion above is true, then your PDP led by Jonathan must be clueless. So BRF constructed\rehabilitated the Okota-Amuwo Odofin link road and Jonathan paid for it? I laff in waffi language.

My brother, why is it then that BRF with all the clues in the world is now husttling clueless GEJ to pay up for roads he has constructed. Do clueless people pay debts?
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by onatisi(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
dayokanu:

How many months to an election should they have asked?
forget it .the fg wont give them,knowing the acn will use it to fund their campaign.have u forgtten obj and tinubu saga .the mney was after the elections not before ,how do u expect fg to give tinubu 51billion just befre elections.witheven half of that amount tinubu and his acn ill win more states .lets see how it all plays out .i know if gej releases even one third of that amount pdp is finished in the sw and they will lose more states in the se and make some inroads into te north
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by MyPoint: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
This sounds like a cheap blackmail from Lagos state Government.

1. Every year FG have budget and each expenditure is always accounted for. I wonder were GEJ will account for this expenditure if they were not budget.

2. Each State have their senators and Reps that participate in approving these budget. Hence, none should claim exclusion from the budget discussions.

Why is it that at every slightest aggression, we direct it to GEJ. Very bad.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
pheliciti:

I keep asking myself why do Lagosians always think like this? Is it only in Lagos (Ikeja precisely) that the roads are bad? Most federal roads in major cities accross the country are about the same thing. BAD. I'm not in support of this, but its high time we stand and look people in their faces and tell them to "STFU, what the hell are you saying?". Mind you, BRF himself is not saying anything about it, like I said earlier, he obviously know a lot of things we do not know about.
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by gen2briz(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
LASG should realise that Nigeria is broke so therefore dime they wont collect
Re: FG Owes Lagos N51Billion For Roads Constructed & Certified by FlyboyZee: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
slim fit :

Young man let me correct you Lagos is the only place most investors want to come to don't try to deceive yourself ma, and you talk about power Tinubu brought the first independent power plant to Nigeria so don't even mention that one who want to live next to Boko Aram in abuja don't brain wash yourself Tinubu and Fashola provided a convinent environment for the apart from the facilities that was there that has decayed get it right.

I can bet my January wages that you are clueless when it comes to place of choice as per investment in Nigeria. Do not be surprised if your so-called investors would actually prefer to invest in Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Abia and Anambra states than your Lagos.

Moreover, why is everyone attacking GEJ over everything and anything? Can you please take a look at OBJ's 8 wasted years in which rather than to develop Lagos in which he is a major beneficiary, he chose to lock horns with Thief Bola Tinubu and his ilks over political dominance thereby leading to a total abandonment of decaying facilities/infrastructure. It was Tinubu who put up signs (that read "This is a Federal Government Road"wink everywhere in Lagos in the heat of his face-off with OBJ and his goons, Remember that OBJ also refused to pay LASG their allocation for a very long time, until Yar'Adua came to the rescue.

Please, always start you discussions by making references and analogies to past regimes and events.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi CoS, Asuku Hosts Kogi’s Brightest Students, Award Scholarships (Video) / Nigeria's Total Public Debt Stands At $151.3 Billion In June 2022 - Nairametrics / NNPCL Fails To Remit $6.9 Billion, Swaps $7.1 Billion Worth Of Crude In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.