Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? (8568 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Jimi Agbaje Is Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by taharqa: 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
If the @OP would be so kind as to allow me repost parts of what he itemized recently as some of the 'small' other things that the FG have done with its share of the SURE-P Fund, since he did it so succinctly there would be no need to rehearse it all over again:

1) completion of rehabilitation of Lagos-kano rail line
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/12/sure-p-fg-resuscitates-lagos-kano-train-service-with-n1b/
http://savidnews.com/1126-kilometre-lagos-kano-rail-services-reactivated-via-sure-p/
2) ongoing rehabilitation of other rail line routes including :
-eastern rail line expected to be completed in late 2013 (N2.2billion committed to the project so far)
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/sure-p-fg-releases-n17-8bn-for-mass-transit-empowerment/
-Abuja-kaduna standard rail line(150km per hr). So far N2.3 billion expended on it from SURE-P
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/sure-p-fg-releases-n17-8bn-for-mass-transit-empowerment/
3) important roads including Abuja-lokoja, Benin-Ore, East-West road, Kano-Maiduguri road and Enugu- Onitsha road are receiving EXTRA funds from SURE-P to bring them to quick completion
http://www.sure-p.gov.ng/index.cfm/media-publication/press-release/sure-p-committee-hold-16th-plenary-appraisal-of-contractors-top-agenda/
4) also various job creation interventions including the women and youth empowerment programme meant to recruit 10,000 persons per state. Yes, it is slow but it is ongoing in many states and FCT

There are many other interventions but these are the ones I can produce for now

It would be good if ACN can avail us of the info on how their states have been using the billions of naira it had received so far as its share of SURE-P.

If you ask a question, that question may be asked back at you, lol.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by geeez: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What has the Lagos State govt been doing with its share of funds saved from partial removal of fuel subsidy? This is an important question that should bother every right thinking Nigerian/Lagosian. Though subsidy removal was fiercely opposed by ACN governors and legislators, the federal govt succeeded in partial removal of fuel subsidy, courtesy of which ALL tiers of govt earned EXTRA funds. The FG has since deployed its share to intervene in several critical infrastructure nationwide through a programme it calls SURE-P. However, no one knows what other tiers of govt are doing with their share of the funds.
I singled out Lagos state because it is the nations commercial capital and is expected to set the pace for other states. The question therefore is what has the Lagos state govt been doing with its share of the funds? It is estimated that the Lagos state govt has been getting EXTRA N300million or more every month since fuel subsidy was removed partially in Jan 2011.
Personally, I had expected the Lagos state govt to deploy this UNEXPECTED EXTRA funds to complement funding and bring to quick completion critical projects in the state such as the Lagos metro rail line. What about using it to commence the construction of 4th mainland bridge? What about using part of the funds to bring back to life the EPILEPTIC and "o ti ba je" state owned media organisation (LTV)? I ask again, what is the Lagos state doing with the unexpected EXTRA funds it receives courtesy of partial removal of fuel subsidy? Or is the funds being diverted to Tinu...'s pocket?

You tell us what your home state governor has done with his first before poking your nose into other people's affairs
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by babapupa: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why not provide us with answers rather than try to divert attention?
For your information, nobody is losing sleep over an imaginary presidential ambition of Fashola in 2015. Fashola stands NO CHANCE in 2015 presidential elections. The battle for 2015 will be between GEJ vs hausa-fulani muslims. Simple!
Besides, Fashola has NO FUTURE in ACN as long as Tinubu is alive.
So lets deal with the issues raised on this thread

Why is it so hard for you to look for your own answer.? Abi you laptop crews are too lazy to use your 40 laptops for research and seek answers to your re.tarded. questions? Olodo sons of el reta.rdeennodeshilewo.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by babapupa: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by takedat(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2013
taharqa:
If the @OP would be so kind as to allow me repost parts of what he itemized recently as some of the 'small' other things that the FG have done with its share of the SURE-P Fund, since he did it so succinctly there would be no need to rehearse it all over again:

It would be good if ACN can avail us of the info on how their states have been using the billions of naira it had received so far as its share of SURE-P.

Almost all the projects you listed were appropriated for in the 2012 budget and the Sure-P was to complement them but what we are witnessing is that the performance of most MDA's handling the projects are nothing to write home about based on the NA submission. If ministry of works For example had N80billion as appropriated and it has spent less than N50billion on its projects, it becomes difficult to ascertain if the Sure-P funds were truly injected. That is why the NA sees the Sure-P as duplication and a ruse!

There is no law mandating state governments to open a special account for the Sure-P fund, it was an advise from the FG and states are not bound to follow such advice!

If Lagos state receives N300million monthly as its share of the savings, it will amount to N3.6billion a year. It is quite absurd that Lagos who is the highest consumer of the subsidised product will receive lesser than some states.

On what the Lagos state government does with its share is simply for the government to state and the FOI is there for those willing to test it but my submission is that the amount is so meagre for any meaningful impact to be felt by Lagosians!
if Lagos decides to create a Sure-P commission/body, the amount that will be expended on running its "secretariat" alone would gulp most of the fund.

1 Like

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by TechRev: 12:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Now who is deceiving who?? FOI bill no dey work for lagos Don't throw stones if you live in glass house. I must commend the OP for creating threads like this, so we can compare and contrast parties and performance.

One clear contrast i noticed: when similar thread was created on FG/GEJ, GEJ fans tried to provide info and evidence on what FG is doing. They may have failed to convince but they provided information on projects. However when similar post was created on Lagos/ACN/Fashola, ACN fans provided insults upon insults upon insults. No attempt at all in providing even the weakest info.

I urge OP to create more of these threads, its removing most of the veil in eyes of objective folks.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by joseph1832(m): 5:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: No information yet? May be I should repeat the question. What has Fashola been doing with the lagos state share of the subsidy funds? Accountability is needed not only at the federal level, but also at the state and local govt level.
Mr sincere 9gerian so right you are!, accountability and good governance should be felt in all facet of government. But before I answer your question, answer me this; what has the FG been doing with the money gotten from the subsidy removal, the money generated from tax, the money gotten from sales of crude oil etc.

I've noticed how biased you are with Fashola and LASG! You focus your attention on trying to destroy the image of Fashola! Please answer me this last question, compare the regime of Fashola to that of GEJ when he was Governor of Bayelsa State and tell me who outperformed, outmarked, outtackled, and outdribbled who?.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 03, 2013
taharqa:

You'r very correct! Why cant these ACN goons and Fashola lovers provide answers to simple questions? If we demand accountability from the FG, shouldn't we also demand even more accountability from states and local govt which are closer to you and I? Is the demand for accountability by ACN goons and Fashola lovers at the federal HYPOCRITICAL? Is it all about scoring cheap political points? Can you imagine that the thread is already on the 2nd page but still no attempt has been made to provide answers? I even thought what the state was receiving was N300million, I didn't know it was about N500million monthly or 1billion every 2months. This EXTRA, UNEXPECTED and 'AWOF' funds are enough to drive the Lagos metro rail project to very quick completion. What about even starting the 4th mainland bridge with it?
All some mischief makers do these days is attack, attack and attack the FG but the states(their states and local govts) are left to do whatever they like. I learnt recently that Borno state govt receives as much as N106billion annually from federation account but the governor cannot even use 2 or 5% of that amount to mobilize the people of Borno to resist Boko haram thru formating of neighbourhood watches,etc. This was the complaints of the JTF only a few days ago. All the mischief makers want is for Mr president to single handedly flush out boko haram but what are the state governors doing about boko haram?
Back to the issue at hand, what is Fashola doing with Lagos state share of funds saved from subsidy removal?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by joseph1832(m): 7:06am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r very correct! Why cant these ACN goons and Fashola lovers provide answers to simple questions? If we demand accountability from the FG, shouldn't we also demand even more accountability from states and local govt which are closer to you and I? Is the demand for accountability by ACN goons and Fashola lovers at the federal HYPOCRITICAL? Is it all about scoring cheap political points? Can you imagine that the thread is already on the 2nd page but still no attempt has been made to provide answers? I even thought what the state was receiving was N300million, I didn't know it was about N500million monthly or 1billion every 2months. This EXTRA, UNEXPECTED and 'AWOF' funds are enough to drive the Lagos metro rail project to very quick completion. What about even starting the 4th mainland bridge with it?
All some mischief makers do these days is attack, attack and attack the FG but the states(their states and local govts) are left to do whatever they like. I learnt recently that Borno state govt receives as much as N106billion annually from federation account but the governor cannot even use 2 or 5% of that amount to mobilize the people of Borno to resist Boko haram thru formating of neighbourhood watches,etc. This was the complaints of the JTF only a few days ago. All the mischief makers want is for Mr president to single handedly flush out boko haram but what are the state governors doing about boko haram?
Back to the issue at hand, what is Fashola doing with Lagos state share of funds saved from subsidy removal?
It is only in Nigeria you find a project un going, yet it is termed a success, it is only in Nigeria that money will be approved for a project, yet it is termed a suCcess, it is only in Nigeria that a man will say he wants to wipe out corruption yet they say he's fighting corruption, it is only in Nigeria that people still use tribalism and religious sentiment to vote a man into office.

Mr sincere 9gerian In a situation where you have many devils and you are asked you chose one, you chose the lesser devi
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2013
I like the way you are being ignored here.

Since you know so much about SURE-P why don't you furnish us with information about how much each state got each month. And I am not talking about some generic figure, but the specific SURE-P money remitted to each state (to the kobo) each month of last year. Photocopies of payment documents would certainly help your answer.

Your post basicaly suggested that you know the answer to these questions. Meanwhile, the buses your brother GEJ "sent" to Lagos have been withdrawn by the suppliers beecause the FG did not pay!!! So think carefully about your answer.

While you are ruminating about your answer note that Fashola has not only being running a mass transit system that is acclaimed internationally for years he recently added 30 NEWS BUSES TO THE FLEET.

People like you is the reason Nigeria may never make it.

Sincere 9gerian:
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by solomon111(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2013
@koruji
guy,go and sit down.
Instead of answering the question,you are shifting the goal post.
What has fashola done with the funds?

1 Like

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2013
solomon111: @koruji
guy,go and sit down.
You guys know the directions to his Alausa Office. Why don't u guys go ask him yourselves. At least you'll hear it from the horse's mouth.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2013
What SURE-P funds? - is what I am asking the OP.
I can wake up in the morning and ask you what you did with the N1 million I gave you last night. Won't you want me to proof I actually gave you that money? How is that shifting goal posts?

solomon111: @koruji
guy,go and sit down.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by joseph1832(m): 8:25am On Jan 03, 2013
koruji: What SURE-P funds? - is what I am asking the OP.
I can wake up in the morning and ask you what you did with the N1 million I gave you last night. Won't you want me to proof I actually gave you that money? How is that shifting goal posts?

Abi oh my broda! All this pdp nairaland thugs wey their own na to project pdp even wen pdp dey Bleep dem up dem go still dey yan! Abegi! I believe say people like sincere 9gerian still dey buy petrol for N65. And the roads wey him dey use the tarred well well!
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by FrankC3: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2013
koruji: What SURE-P funds? - is what I am asking the OP.

Now, that is a new low. Are you saying that LASG does not receive funds from the subsidy savings? Or are you saying that the LASG should not be questioned about the use of funds they receive? What exactly is your position?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2013
I don't know - that is why I asked the OP. It sounded like he knew if and how much specific SURE-P funds the states received.

But if I know GEJ, and I have a pretty good idea, he promises more than he wil ever deliver.

I gave a good example in my original poser to the OP. GEJ sent buses to Lagos but these have been withdrawn by the suppliers because they were not paid for. Hence, you begin to wonder if the states received the funds - without concrete proof of how much SURE-P funds were given to the states you can't answer the OP's question. He surely sounded like he has these info and I will like to know.

Frank-C:

Now, that is a new low. Are you saying that LASG does not receive funds from the subsidy savings? Or are you saying that the LASG should not be questions about the funds they receive? What exactly is your position?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by banki(m): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2013
mr sincere nigerian.....trust me your antics would not work, answer all the questions that people on this forum have posed to you, then am sure people that have information about Lagos state government would answer you,

Your job i guess is to come online as a government apologosit,and try to bamboozle people when it doesn't work try to discredit the opposition,make others look bad and make yourself look holy, imagine you talking about tinubu, but defending all the other pdp egg heads people that have joined together to destroy Nigeria,nest of killers....

I have asked you severally to tell me one simple thing, and you have deliberately avoided it....and for the records i would ask you again......

If the government admits they want to reduce the cost of governance why did they employ your paymaster doyinokupe and whats the difference between his job function and that of labaran maku, ruben abati,Reno omokri, the minister of state for information, and all the other media offices under the federal government, and all the numerous speech writers and special advisers, and senior special assistants to the special assitsants?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by majortele(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2013
Abi o
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by horlatunde(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What has the Lagos State govt been doing with its share of funds saved from partial removal of fuel subsidy? This is an important question that should bother every right thinking Nigerian/Lagosian.

Though subsidy removal was fiercely opposed by ACN governors and legislators, the federal govt succeeded in partial removal of fuel subsidy, courtesy of which ALL tiers of govt earned EXTRA funds. The FG has since deployed its share to intervene in several critical infrastructure nationwide through a programme it calls SURE-P. However, no one knows what other tiers of govt are doing with their share of the funds.

I singled out Lagos state because it is the nations commercial capital and is expected to set the pace for other states. The question therefore is what has the Lagos state govt been doing with its share of the funds? It is estimated that the Lagos state govt has been getting EXTRA N300million or more every month since fuel subsidy was removed partially in Jan 2011.

Personally, I had expected the Lagos state govt to deploy this UNEXPECTED EXTRA funds to complement funding and bring to quick completion critical projects in the state such as the Lagos metro rail line. What about using it to commence the construction of 4th mainland bridge? What about using part of the funds to bring back to life the EPILEPTIC and "o ti ba je" state owned media organisation (LTV)?

I ask again, what is the Lagos state doing with the unexpected EXTRA funds it receives courtesy of partial removal of fuel subsidy? Or is the funds being diverted to Tinu...'s pocket?
. For you to Make dat statement dat eko ti ba je" Shows dat u re a PDP apologist and u are only been selfish with d truth. How else do u want to see d efficiency of 300million which sums up to 3.6billion in 2012. What has d state governor not done. Question 4 u to Answere
* Is he d one to Provide Electricity?
* is he d one to construct d badagry road?
* is it his responsibility to Fund d police and buy dem patrol van which he is doing?
* is he d one to secure our water way which he is doing?
* Is it d responsibility of supplying Transformers to Communities which he is doing? And so on
Finally d Sure P money is meant to Purchase Buses 2 ease d effect of d fuel subsidy and I think it was reported here on NL dat fashola bought. Some buses 4 easy transportation. So What else do u want 4rm him u dis PDP low life apologist.. No matter ur propaganda U can never Win Lagos. Eko oni ba je oooo!!!
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by abrat: 9:39am On Jan 03, 2013
I noticed ACN goons are trying to avoid simple question. All they do is make noise! Fashola is working-fine. u all know that but why don't you just answer SIMPLE QUESTION.
Atleast u've seen what the FG has done/will do with surep. So lets see what LASG has done/will do. No be fashola sabi pass?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by rman: 9:41am On Jan 03, 2013
The pro GEJ/ PDP crew are now ridiculing the same FG they love with their posts

Isn't strange that Lagos state is held so high by these goons, that it is expected to deliver what the FG couldnt? Whereas Lagos gets a large chunk of its revenue from the same FG.

Since the FG crew have nothing to show for being power, they are now so fixated on the only state where significant progress is being made.

If I were sincernigerian, I will quit all these Lagos/Fashola rants on NL. The more you try to make Fashola look bad, the better advertisement you indirectly give to him.

LAGOS ACTUALLY DO HAVE A LOT TO SHOWCASE IN TERMS OF DELIVERY AND ACHIVEMENTS.

It is so sad that SINCERENIGERIAN now thinks if he can make Fashola look bad on NL, maybe the anti GEJ crew will also back off. Thats too petty IMO.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by gidiMonsta(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2013
We dey use am pay salaries. Any other kweshon
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 03, 2013
Tinubu de chop am
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by rman: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2013
PDP crew on NL are trying to sell GEJ/FG

ACN crew are trying to sell Fashola.

If you have been in Nigeria for past 8years where both men have been in politics or held political positions, who do you think have the better product?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by FrankC3: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2013
rman: The pro GEJ/ PDP crew are now ridiculing the same FG they love with their posts

Isn't strange that Lagos state is held so high by these goons, that it is expected to deliver what the FG couldnt? Whereas Lagos gets a large chunk of its revenue from the same FG.

Since the FG crew have nothing to show for being power, they are now so fixated on the only state where significant progress is being made.

If I were sincernigerian, I will quit all these Lagos/Fashola rants on NL. The more you try to make Fashola look bad, the better advertisement you indirectly give to him.

LAGOS ACTUALLY DO HAVE A LOT TO SHOWCASE IN TERMS OF DELIVERY AND ACHIVEMENTS.

It is so sad that SINCERENIGERIAN now thinks if he can make Fashola look bad on NL, maybe the anti GEJ crew will also back off. Thats too petty IMO.
No body is making Fashola look bad. People are actually trying to hold LASG accountable the same way folks try to hold the FG accountable. This is what normal people do in democracy.
Have you wondered how much Fashola spend on feeding per day, his security vote and why the FOI bill has not beem domesticated by LASG? It is everybody's responsibility in a democracy not to see their leaders as gods but as imperfect mortals hence the need to always remind them of their responsibilities, question their priorities and demand accountability.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Please how can I invoke the Freedom of Information Bill to formally request answers from Fashola. I am an unbiased Lagos State Tax Payer and I need to request how our funds is spent. They are using our funds to buy Lekki FTZ and Atlantic City allocations via Surrogates.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by rman: 9:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Frank-C:

No body is making Fashola look bad. People are actually trying to hold LASG accountable the same way folks try to hold the FG accountable. This is what normal people do in democracy.
Have you wondered how much Fashola spend on feeding per day, his security vote and why the FOI bill has not beem domesticated by LASG? It is everybody's responsibility in a democracy not to see their leaders as gods but as imperfect mortals hence the need to always remind them of their responsibilities, question their priorities and demand accountability.

Ok.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by barikay: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2013
Tranparency and accountability is all we need to get there. I lik it d way some Nigerian youth are doing it these days while some view it as tribalism I hav an opposing view. If our leaders fumble tell him directly. Obviously people's comments is sharpening GEJ decision as he already confess. These hav to be done at all levels. If we can unanimously raise our voice when our leaders think they can outsmart us things will change for good. My prob is many are stil answerin YES SIR for every rubbish from their leader

2 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2013
barikay: Tranparency and accountability is all we need to get there. I lik it d way some Nigerian youth are doing it these days while some view it as tribalism I hav an opposing view. If our leaders fumble tell him directly. Obviously people's comments is sharpening GEJ decision as he already confess. These hav to be done at all levels. If we can unanimously raise our voice when our leaders think they can outsmart us things will change for good. My prob is many are stil answerin YES SIR for every rubbish from their leader
You said it all, so handsomely and beautiful. We will question them on the use of funds and we will do even more.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by lekzyn(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2013
if d likes of Akwa ibom,Delta,Rivers have benefited more than twice that of Lagos state from d subsidy allocation, why don't u @OP demanded for these states than asking of fashola controlled state and mind u we have FCT also. u guys are just trying to rubbish dis guy(Fash) becos of his 2015 presidential campaign wich as not been declared by him or are u guys(pdp) afraid of him?
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
Did not even see this post purporting to demonstrate how the FG is spending its N105 billion. 4 comments:

1. When the FG is done attributing all its programs to this N105 billion program come back and tell us how it spent the actual N5 trillion FG budget last year.

2. How does it make sense for the FG to create an employment scheme and ask states to pay for half of it? If GEJ wants to employ people let him go ahead - that smart by half thinking will undo him, no be curse o.

3. I pity you the defenders of GEJ. You better look the other post under this topic where the SURE-P chairman mentioned a target employment of 15,000 not 370,000 or even 37,000.

4. The idea of quick youth employment intervention was copied from Aregbesola of Osun State. He has an international award for it if you need proof: . So GEJ needs to take his political schemes somewhere else.

taharqa:

JUST to recap some of the response that was given when this same qusetion was asked BY ACN AND ITS GOONS here 2 days ago about some of the things the FG have been doing with their share of the fund:

The FG promised to provide 'Direct' JOBS Invention' in 3 ways:

- YOUWIN
http://indepthnewsng.com/fg-releases-second-tranche-of-youwin-payments/

-Graduate Intensive
http://www.naijafinder.com/nigeria-job-vacancies/194806-federal-government-graduate-internship-scheme-verification-1st-batch-interns.html

- Lastly, the 370,000 jobs promised youths and women(yea, its 370,000 not 37,000- 10,000 each for the 36 states and Abuja of course) .

But this is how this works- the FG and each state Govt are supposed to collaborate to run the programme in each state with the FG paying for 5000 persons while the particular state pays for the other 5000; some states are already doing their part in this respects and are setting up their programmes, while some states are stalling (IRONICALLY, only reecently, an ACN state was accussed by the state SURE-P coordiantor of not cooperating- the FG particularly accused the Osun Govt recently of playing POLITICS and stalling the programme in the state). As you already mentioned, Abuja, which is under the direct control of the FG, have already employed 4000 persons out of their 10000 slot.
Oh, by the way: states have ALL receive their share of the subsidy money rom the Federation account as promised, from which they were supposed to pay their own 5000 persons (amongst other things).

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/1262-

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sure-p-fcta-backs-akinjide-s-claim-on-job-provision/134797/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Rejects Metuh's Bid To Stop Trial / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning / A Candidate won't Be Declared Winner If He Doesn't Get 25% In FCT : INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.