Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? (8566 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Jimi Agbaje Is Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Mesico2(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2013
@OP. You are very insincere9jerian. Well am gonna take it personal with you. Maybe you should go and ask your father and fore fathers in your entire generations for the answer. Oloriburku omo ale jati jati. Awon olote ti aiye won oleda. Gbogbo family e, iya yin one by one. PERIOD!
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What has the Lagos State govt been doing with its share of funds saved from partial removal of fuel subsidy? This is an important question that should bother every right thinking Nigerian/Lagosian.

Though subsidy removal was fiercely opposed by ACN governors and legislators, the federal govt succeeded in partial removal of fuel subsidy, courtesy of which ALL tiers of govt earned EXTRA funds. The FG has since deployed its share to intervene in several critical infrastructure nationwide through a programme it calls SURE-P. However, no one knows what other tiers of govt are doing with their share of the funds.

I singled out Lagos state because it is the nations commercial capital and is expected to set the pace for other states. The question therefore is what has the Lagos state govt been doing with its share of the funds? It is estimated that the Lagos state govt has been getting EXTRA N300million or more every month since fuel subsidy was removed partially in Jan 2011.

Personally, I had expected the Lagos state govt to deploy this UNEXPECTED EXTRA funds to complement funding and bring to quick completion critical projects in the state such as the Lagos metro rail line. What about using it to commence the construction of 4th mainland bridge? What about using part of the funds to bring back to life the EPILEPTIC and "o ti ba je" state owned media organisation (LTV)?

I ask again, what is the Lagos state doing with the unexpected EXTRA funds it receives courtesy of partial removal of fuel subsidy? Or is the funds being diverted to Tinu...'s pocket?
simple thefnubu aka eko thug one 60percent,odar acn crooks 38percent,mr gov 2percent
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by abrat: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2013
FG copied Osun state- fine! but the question remains WHAT IS LASG DOING WITH SUREP MONEY!!!

Why cant LASG show us this is what we've been doing with the money since we will not be using it to pay half of those employed by FG.
Why simple question con hard to answer
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2013
carslease:

Oya EKO ILE come answer o!
relax dat wan stl dy garage dy colect marchng grund money wen hm finish hm go cm tel u hw many percent thefnubu gve am
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by 80million1: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2013
*speechless*

let us ask Fashola.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by prost80(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2013
The extra N540.3m($3.5m roughly )was what lagos got from the subsidy removal. I will like to see what fourth mainland bridge can be built with $3.5m in any country. That amount is just too small.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Mesico2(m): 10:27am On Jan 03, 2013
taharqa:
If the @OP would be so kind as to allow me repost parts of what he itemized recently as some of the 'small' other things that the FG have done with its share of the SURE-P Fund, since he did it so succinctly there would be no need to rehearse it all over again:

It would be good if ACN can avail us of the info on how their states have been using the billions of naira it had received so far as its share of SURE-P.

If you ask a question, that question may be asked back at you, lol.

. You too dey lie my guy. I know all these states you mentioned in relating to the road. For example, kano-Maiduguri started since during Yar'adua tenure and in fact it out to have been over by now if not the GEJ government that is delaying the project. Stop deceiving yourself padi mi.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Bacteriocin:
Why lagos state alone when we have 36 states ?
so na only gej body una dy turn profs,public affairs guru,nd patriotic nijeran.oya ansa d questn frm the thread u no no wetn u go tok.reterden.lol
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Geomac: OP, it is not completely true that ACN Governors opposed partial subsidy removal.
I also want to know what all the Governors including FCT Minister have done with the funds disbursed to them in 2012.
oga d thread said lagos state nt all d state pls ansa d questn na.u guys hav jst provd hw biasd all gej haters in ds forum
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by CohenJane: 10:31am On Jan 03, 2013
I don't why all these hullabaloo when Fash has not told anyone of you guys that he's interested in the presidency
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Paul John: What a ridiculous question.
Which is more vital Lagos or the FG?

Why not first ask the FG what substantial the subsidy whatever has been spent on for the betterment of Nigerians.
Wasn't it of recent a proposal was made to borrow another huge amount without nothing tangible to show for it

Obsession with Lagos is making some fellas look ins.ane permit me.
shame on u i say shame on all of u.nw i knw dat nairaland is ruind nd fild wit acn nd tribal bigots.so u kant ansa d questn nd besids ure taugt in skol dat d fg wil tel a state hw 2 spends its money.no wondr,if a thread creditd wit gej u idiots wil fil d blog ranting lyk mad dogs,bt nw u kant explan wats hapng in lagos bt knws dat of fct wey u never go.all of u insultng gej wil all die of cardiac arest shameles toads
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by sammhi(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2013
The truth is there is noting to tell. ..amongst the government(local, state and federal), the state are worst. The federal performs far better than the state. the local govt exists only on paper as they are subsumed by the states. what u don't realize is that fasola is just an administrator of Lagos and is answerable to the real rulers of Lagos. if you direct such queries to real governors like Oshiomole, Mimiko, Amaechi , you may get answers. These are more than just administrators.
There is no doubt that Fasola has done some work in Lagos, but it pales into insignificance when u realize the amount of money available to him. if such were available to oshiomole Edo state would have been a model state by now. From his meager resources, I saw a lot of work and more importantly, his love and concern for his fellow Edolite, the down trodden.
please leave Fasola alone, he is too busy with these okada riders fight now, atleast they are more dangerous than the looters of the state and other social chalenges.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Mexyz(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2013
Tym to break my silence,@OP,u re absolutely ryt,wat has fashola being doing wit d subsidy money? D poverty level in lag is sumtn of concern,d major roads are ok,bt jst enta lagos streets nd see d nonsense dey ve as road. Mke una go bak to una villa abeg.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 10:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Ode omo Beaf.
Question away - that will enable some mighty question for you too. You will be thoroughly tutored in the basics of logic.

Billyonaire: You said it all, so handsomely and beautiful. We will question them on the use of funds and we will do even more.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Mexyz(m): 10:40am On Jan 03, 2013
Check well,u wl see dat most people defendn fashola re d yorubas,as far as am concern,fashola is draining u guys, same wit most states. One more thing,abeg mke una declare one week sanitatn for dat lag, lag stinks abeg.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:41am On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Haven't you noticed the fixation of many vile-hearted folks on Fashola? The reason is simple, they want to rubbish his image, make him look bad ALL IN READINESS FOR 2015. If Fashola contests in 2015, the drunkard in Aso rock will be in serious soup as Fash is one of the most viable options of the opposition parties for the presidential ticket.

The OP's governor has been away treating SYPHILIS in "God-knows-where", yet all he can think about ‎​is Fash and 2015. What a buns!!!

Silly9gerian where is the 370,000 jobs promised by ur Aso rock drunkard in 2012??
honestly i tnk u drank garri mixd wit alchohol ds morng.atleast 4 readng d thread up side down so i sugest wen ure thru wit ur hang over u kan reply d question nd stop ranting lyk a guard dog

2 Likes

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Demdem(m): 10:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Good Question.
Since the retardeen has signed the FOI bill to law and ebele goons will tell us is working and fasola is bound to obey the law, i think the Op (who is also an Ebele goon) should direct his question to Alausa. grin grin
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2013
babapupa:

Must eko ile attend to every internet and NL rif rafs especially laptop crews and their re.tarded posts.
its a big shame 2u nd ur acn laptop colegues,d all knwng set of guys nt 2 ansa ds questns.nd may god purnish any of u wit incurable syphilis d dy u wil insult gej in ds forum agan.hoples touts
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2013
Go back up and read first. The OP needs to answer one question first - What funds is he tslking about? When and how much was ACTUALLY paid to each state? Then if GEJ is talking about a paltry N105 billion zSURE-P fund what happened to the N5 trillion FG budget last year?

Mexyz: Tym to break my silence,@OP,u re absolutely ryt,wat has fashola being doing wit d subsidy money? D poverty level in lag is sumtn of concern,d major roads are ok,bt jst enta lagos streets nd see d nonsense dey ve as road. Mke una go bak to una villa abeg.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Freezle(m): 10:46am On Jan 03, 2013
Bacteriocin:
Why lagos state alone when we have 36 states ?
Because lagos is a commercial state
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2013
koruji: The real question is what useful thing are you going to do with YOUR brain in 2013?
This venture in which are engaged is rusting your oblongata.
If you are not careful it will drive you in sane.
I certainly don't want to read the following this new year:
"Non-Sincere 9gerian jumps into the Atlantic Ocean after climbing the walls of Eko Atlantic because Fashola's mega-achievements overloaded his tiny brain"
Find a job - may be Fashola can get you one driving sand truck on the Eko Atlantic site cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

and u hav a lyf ds new yr.if u dnt wnt 2 risk a cardiac arrest ds yr stop insultng my president.no wondr ds thread hs exposd all of u bigots especaly u hoples yarabas.shame on u pepl,u knw hw 2 defnd ur own bt alwas cricise odas hypocrites
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by buhak: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2013
Please let people in government answer this question because lagos government had not done anything good for the people of Ikotun-Igando Local government. i am waiting for when ACN we come and campaign for 2015 election, they we hear the story of their life.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by awodman: 10:53am On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Haven't you noticed the fixation of many vile-hearted folks on Fashola? The reason is simple, they want to rubbish his image, make him look bad ALL IN READINESS FOR 2015. If Fashola contests in 2015, the drunkard in Aso rock will be in serious soup as Fash is one of the most viable options of the opposition parties for the presidential ticket.

The OP's governor has been away treating SYPHILIS in "God-knows-where", yet all he can think about ‎​is Fash and 2015. What a buns!!!

Silly9gerian where is the 370,000 jobs promised by ur Aso rock drunkard in 2012??
Ur post is @ best diversionary...d OP asked a simple question which every sane man committed τ̅☺ the development of his nation should ask...if he asked d question 4rm a biased point of view is a subject of anoda day
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by koruji(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Are u even sure Lagos received any SURE-P funds and when. The article cited the "proposed" amounts and even said that "...states will not be paid until...".

The comment about using the money for 4th msinland bridge is the kind of ridiculous stuff you will hear from these people.

prost80: The extra N540.3m($3.5m roughly )was what lagos got from the subsidy removal. I will like to see what fourth mainland bridge can be built with $3.5m in any country. That amount is just too small.
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by abrat: 10:55am On Jan 03, 2013
It is a shame that as this thread is closing on the 3rd page now, nobody, I mean none of the ACN goons on NL has been able to give us credible info. on how surep money is spent.

Hnmmmm, Tinubu don belleful.
SHAME!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why not provide us with answers rather than try to divert attention?
For your information, nobody is losing sleep over an imaginary presidential ambition of Fashola in 2015. Fashola stands NO CHANCE in 2015 presidential elections. The battle for 2015 will be between GEJ vs hausa-fulani muslims. Simple!
Besides, Fashola has NO FUTURE in ACN as long as Tinubu is alive.
So lets deal with the issues raised on this thread
my broda wen i cal yarabas hypocrites pepl say am being unfair,ds hav gone a long way 2show u hw hypocritikal nd sentimental ds hoples animals re.if u se d way dy insult gej u tnk dy re patriotic nijeran.nw se d so kald saints kan nt face a comon facts.a leopard wil never shead its spot.its only an idiot dat trust a westerner d most dishonest pepl in nija
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by Ikwerefistson: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2013
Omen100: Unsincere nigerian, u have to be very very careful with the ways u go about displaying ur sentiments or it will drive u mad in no time soon, u have being warned. wink
mr sentiment numb one i hav already paid 4ur coffin waitng 4ur cardiac arrest dat wil kil u as a result of unwarantd hatred 4 gej
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by ruphytelecom(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2013
this is a very good question meant for all the state governors to give a detailed and comprehensive answer to.
Please don't make it look like a PDP sponsored thread against the lagos state governor
EKO O NI BAJE
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by barikay: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2013
lekzyn: if d likes of Akwa ibom,Delta,Rivers have benefited more than twice that of Lagos state from d subsidy allocation, why don't u @OP demanded for these states than asking of fashola controlled state and mind u we have FCT also. u guys are just trying to rubbish dis guy(Fash) becos of his 2015 presidential campaign wich as not been declared by him or are u guys(pdp) afraid of him?
No, I will personally lik if someone will create threads accessing and analysing what each state govt received and what they hav done and is doing with the fund in their possesion. The Fg project from the proceed of partial removal of fuel subsidy has nt been very successful but atleast they are at something. This is a wake up call, exactly by this time last year we were suffering, where is the gain? Lets ask our governors what hav they done to alleviate the sufferings. It will b flemsy for anyone to tell us d proceed is too small to embark on any project. Lets occupy our governors. should we allow all d pains of january last year to go just like that? While few enjoy
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by idirect(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2013
koruji: Meanwhile,

the buses your brother GEJ "sent" to Lagos have been withdrawn by the suppliers beecause the FG did not pay!!! So think carefully about your answer.
^^^ Good observation there sir. Not only in lagos alone but across all major cities in Nigeria. If the FG couldn't:
1. Pay for the buses
2. Provide the 370 000 jobs as promised
How da heck are we even sure the money is be fully paid or paid at all to the state
All the brain of all these GEJ apologist will sold as TEAR RUBBER whenever they die cos they don't use it at all
Re: What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? by dabrake(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2013
koruji: The real question is what useful thing are you going to do with YOUR brain in 2013?
This venture in which are engaged is rusting your oblongata.
If you are not careful it will drive you in sane.
I certainly don't want to read the following this new year:
"Non-Sincere 9gerian jumps into the Atlantic Ocean after climbing the walls of Eko Atlantic because Fashola's mega-achievements overloaded his tiny brain"
Find a job - may be Fashola can get you one driving sand truck on the Eko Atlantic site cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

CLASSIC!!!!!!!! that's some hard triple jab on sincere 9jerian's face, followed with a big right hand there . . . sincere 9jerian staggers to the extreme before kissing the ground, eagle spread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obama Congratulates Jonathan, Nigerians On 53rd Independence Anniversary / Afenifere Is Selling Yoruba Nation To Igbo Through Christian Religion! / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.