Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. (31917 Views)

Gionee M3 Discussions,problems And Solutions. / Nokia 3110c Problems And Solution / Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by benkings(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
benkings: Pls will whatsapp work on my iphone 3gs after i upgrade to ios version 5.1?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
benkings: Pls will whatsapp work on my iphone 3gs after i upgrade to ios version 5.1?

Yes
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
. Sure it will work but Whatsapp isn't free on iPhone
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
haywire1: Guyz, i just read about version 6.0.1, i read its jailbreakable.. Is it true? So i can upgrade from 6.0 to 6.0.1 for a quick jailbreak
Yeah sure it is but it's for Pre-A5 devices... That is, iPhones 3gs and 4, then iPod Touch 4g.

The same jailbreak that works for 6.0 works for 6.0.1, but it's tethered. That is, you have to boot the phone with redsn0w on your PC whenever you are re-booting the phone...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
Sure it will... I have a friend's 3Gs that runs on iOS 6.0.1 even and I use Whatsapp...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
haywire1: . Sure it will work but Whatsapp isn't free on iPhone
Says who

Usually, you are allowed to use it for a year before paying for the service but iPhone users are more privileged than others. Like my expiry date on my number since I registered for the service some two years ago using an iPhone is the year 2021... I doubt you can get such privilege on any other platform. Maybe Android might give such too but I doubt that. But I am sure you can't get it from Nokia and co
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by sirantonio(m): 4:41am On Jan 24, 2013
Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4s 6.0.1
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 8:02am On Jan 24, 2013
sirantonio: Need help with jailbreaking iphone 4s 6.0.1
No jailbreak available for that device at the moment...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2013
dmcdad:
Says who

Usually, you are allowed to use it for a year before paying for the service but iPhone users are more privileged than others. Like my expiry date on my number since I registered for the service some two years ago using an iPhone is the year 2021... I doubt you can get such privilege on any other platform. Maybe Android might give such too but I doubt that. But I am sure you can't get it from Nokia and co

Are u getting 2021 on an iphone? Tell me more
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 8:20am On Jan 24, 2013

There is no public available jailbreak for iPhone 4s on iOS 6.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2013
tumababa:

Are u getting 2021 on an iphone? Tell me more
Yeah sure... The thing now is, you can't check your expiry date in recent versions... Don't know why they disabled it though...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
. O'boy I need same too, be patient guys go update on here wit time grin
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by elrony(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Make apple release 6.1 na or berra still let planetbeing,pod2g A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ co release jb asap ...I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ urge 4 untethered jb...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by benkings(m): 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
Iphone 3gs for sale in benin 25k call 07039679461
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
soft-touch:

What is your Base band version? Go to "Settings", then "General" click "About" and scroll down to "Modem Firmware"
See attached screenshot for example
If your Modem Firmware is 6.15.0, It might be the cause, you will have to restore with Custom iOS version
Yes you are right! My Modem Firmware is 6.15.00
So how do I restore with custom iOS version?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by softtouch2(m): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2013
honor2011:
Yes you are right! My Modem Firmware is 6.15.00
So how do I restore with custom iOS version?

You can either use Redsnow or Snowbreeze.

For Redsnow: Follow tutorial on this link http://veryrite.com/2012/05/24/upgrade-to-ios-5-1-1-custom-firmware-5-1-1/

For Snowbreeze: Follow tutorial here and see the attached youtube video: http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-ios-4.0-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-windows/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYnLBHe31Y
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
iOS 6 jailbreak release is around the corner. Every iPhone 3Gs users on 4.1 with baseband 06.15 should get the latest Redsn0w and downgrade their baseband so as to upgrade to iOS 6 when the untethered jailbreak is finally released.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
sun_temi: iOS 6 jailbreak release is around the corner. Every iPhone 3Gs user on 4.1 with baseband 06.15 should get the latest Redsn0w and downgrade their baseband so as to upgrade to iOS 6 when the untethered jailbreak is finally released.
iOS 6 jailbreak, hw soon cos I can't wait to jailbreak my iPhone 4S iOS 6 grin
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Apple has released iOS 6.1 for iPhone, iPod and iPod Touch

If you must upgrade to iOS 6.1 DO NOT DO 'Over-The-Air' upgrade. backup your device and restore fully to iOS 6.1 using iTunes

Hopely, iOS 6 jailbreak will be released on Sunday. Yes, this coming Sunday, Feb. 3RD
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 8:35am On Jan 29, 2013
I can't wait for 6.0 jailbreak on iPhone 4S, I'm selling itune gift card which u can use to buy anything on the itune store such as games,app, books etc so u don't need to worry abt credit card or atm card before buying on itune store. Contact me if interested.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Daffydoc: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
My gevey chip does not browse on 3G anymore (just edge) since I upgraded to 5.1.1 , any solutions?
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
This info is very important especially for iPhone 3GS users that are still on iOS 4.1

Cydia is currently saving 6.1 shsh so connect to iPhone to the internet, open Cydia and make sure it saves your 6.1 shsh blog. IT IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

Save your shsh now that you can so that you will not come and complain tomorrow that your iPhone is on 4.1 and you can install whatsapp, Facebook etc.

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Guys my Facebook doesn't wanna update on my iPhone oooooo. Who's having similar problem or who has a solution? Thanx in advance. Tumbaba no forget to check for jailbreak oooooo, I've waited so long for it grin
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
The jailbreak should be out probably by tomorrow or next at most... They are doing the testing at this juncture.. That is, at the final stages...
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
dmcdad: The jailbreak should be out probably by tomorrow or next at most... They are doing the testing at this juncture.. That is, at the final stages...
hahahahaha na ur house den dey test am grin
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by kaybee3(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
The final testing n praparation at 99% .....jailbreak should b out this night or early tomorrow morning
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
kay_bee: The final testing n praparation at 99% .....jailbreak should b out this night or early tomorrow morning
7pm today
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
iOS 6 untethered jailbreak has been released. Visit www.evasi0n.com to download.
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Who leave in ikorodu or close to ikorodu dat is good in jailbreaking iPhone 4S iOS 6, need help
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by Suntemi(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^^ it's not that hard bro. You can do it yourself
Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by dmcdad: 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
haywire1: Who leave in ikorodu or close to ikorodu dat is good in jailbreaking iPhone 4S iOS 6, need help
Guy na wa u ooo. Even a toddler can do it. Its not even like previous jailbreaks that you have to go into DFU and stuffs. Just run the app, and plug in your device and make sure you disable the passcode lock. Then follow the on-screen prompt and within 5 to 7 minutes, you are good to go. Your duty there is just to watch evasion do its thing and nothing more...

So, get on with it ASAP. Wanna hear you have done it soonest..

1 Like

Re: iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. by haywire1: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
U guys r d best, tanx I was afraid not to spoil am ni. Tanx guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

iPhone 6s And iPad Pro Announced / White Man Mistakenly Receives 60 iPhone 15 Pro Max From Apple (Video) / Easy Fix For Glo Data Network Not Displaying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.