Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (262437 Views)

Athiesm The "No God" Religion / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
I see I have become the martyr here lol ,typically for those who talk the truth of the "understanding of it" and would be immediately disliked by those who typically don't understand "it" and are weather believers or non believers stuck in a rut of believing something "they" don't understand , and there for will not "hear" ....."It" from some one who does understand "it" and there for "they" sort to persecute those with the understanding for they are either to dumb or lack the brain power to understand and so "they" do not want to look the "fool" or "fools" so derogatory remarks start to come out of "them" and they stand together against the "one" who they sort to punish out of there own detriment of "non understanding of "it". But if u still don't get "it" come get "it" from me .
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
[size=18pt]30) The demise of the good infidel[/size]
According to mainstream Christianity and Islam, rejection of God means hell on judgement day. The problem with this theology is that it places faith over what people do with their life on earth. Religions with such theology can not claim to promote a better life for people on earth because the main focus is on faith and it is irrelevant if a faithless person saves the whole world, he or she is still living a bad life that will be punished in hell.

James 2:20 "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

It takes more than just faith to show your worth to God. Having faith and trusting in God is much more difficult than some may believe. Once you accept God into your life you are placed under higher standards.

The issue you have is that you don't agree with the rules that God set for us. Not agreeing with God does not disprove his existence.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 3:57am On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]31) A problem of non-altruistic religious charity; Evangelism isnt selfless[/size]

[size=14pt]Altruism

1. Unselfish concern for the welfare of others; selflessness.[/size]

Religious charity can not be considered altruistic when there is evagelism tied to it. There are some christian and muslim organisations that mix proselytizing and charity work together. This shows an ulterior motive rather than a true selfless wish to help the less privileged

In short, the religious charity is saying "you are receiving this help from our God/religion, he is choosing to help you now and so believe in it"

People preach while performing charitable acts. This doesn't mean that they are forcing people to believe in what they are saying. That is their way to reach as many people with God's word as possible. I have never seen a charity that will take back what it gave away because the person refused to believe in their religion. If anyone ever did that they would not be following the Holy Bible. Nowhere does it say to coerce or manipulate people into believing in God.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 4:27am On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]32) Problems with Jesus's crucifixion #1; God can not die/no sacrifice[/size]

Some Christians hold that Jesus is God. If Jesus is truly God, then he cannot die. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross then becomes meaningless because in reality, Jesus did not lose anything, he merely changed back from his human form to spirit form. Furthermore, he came back in his human form in 3 days according to the bible.

First thing, all Christians believe that Jesus is God. If a person does not believe that then they are not a Christian.
The problem here is that you see death as the end. For believers death is only the beginning. You also say that Jesus did not lose anything. In a sense you are right, he gained suffering. This was his whole purpose. God came and suffered in human form for our salvation. Our sin is paid for by his actions.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 4:37am On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]33) Problems with Jesus's crucifixion #2; Suicide is a sin[/size]
Christianity holds that suicide is a sin (murder- murdering yourself). However, Jesus knew of his impending demise at the cross, yet, he allowed himself to be betrayed, captured and crucified. Suicide by assisted crucifixion. Jesus could have avoided the crucifixion but still followed through with the betrayal of Judas.

Jesus did not commit suicide. Would you say that a secret service agent jumping in front of their president to save his life was committing suicide? How about a Father going after a drowning child in a rip tide? The purpose of their death is not to die, but rather to save. This is the same act that Jesus performed with his death. He died so that we can live in heaven.

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 23, 2015
Jesus is "the perfection of a MARTYR" u see yet again with lack of "understanding" for "he" the "character" is proving to "u" should one assemble a "let's just call it a group for now" and via a cause of "informing "peoples" of the "doings" of the "authority" at hand" and accumulating "followers" via "spreading" these "roomers" of the "AUTHORITY" and for the lack of "understanding" YOU still "don't" know what the "authority" DOES now do YOU , but now "jesus told u" in his "parables of "mine" and now to the "point" that's why "he" was "killed". And now to the other "point" and "problem" is that "this" whole story of the "theory of god" let me just state, "its" quite "funny", for "its" be installed "by" the "AUTHORITY" for yet again for your lack of understanding , for u still "don't get "it" but "if" u still don't get "it" come get "it" from me , maybe u will "understand" these "parables of "mine".
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Oh ! U gotta "hand" "it" u "non understanding" "baby" "its" a "game" u just "can't" win lol grin.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Oh I'm in a good mode don't let me bring your "house down" for maybe I could let u know, read up on what's "in" store for the "NEW Jerusalem" assuredly I say u "may" just "understand" these parables of "mine" if or if not they still "mine" for ever , are u of them that "understand" or "standunder" . wink.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]34) Problems with Jesus's crufixion #3; Forgiveness without sacrifice[/size]

Was Jesus's death really that necessary? God could not forgive the whole world just like that? A sacrifice was necessary?

If God were to just give every one paradise then he would have to make every one good and just give every one understanding. This would be the same thing as programming a machine, eliminating free will. I have stated in an earlier post how this life is a test for our worthiness of heaven. For us to truly appreciate an eternity in paradise we need to know the opposite.

Because God is just (not fair) he must punish sin. Because he is good, he came down and accepted that punishment on our behalf. All we have to do is accept what he did for us, and continue to live a life of goodness.

The sacrifice not only ruined Jesus's life but that of Judas who was predestined to betray Jesus. There is also Mary, who must have been saddened by losing her son.

This statement is only true if there is no afterlife. And Judas chose his own path. He walked with Jesus for years believing and knowing that he is the son of God, yet he still turned on him. God knew that Judas would turn on him, this doesn't mean that he made him turn. God uses the actions of men to carry out his plan, he does not force them to happen. Judas would have been a selfish person with or without the introduction of Jesus.

One has to think of the message that the bible is sending. God, in his almighty omnipotence and omniscience, could not fathom out a way to forgive humankind of their sins that did not involve the torture and death of an innocent man called Jesus Christ?

Throughout all our existence no one has come up with a better way to learn or to teach than experience. Remember this life is to teach us and help us appreciate paradise. These quotes might help you better understand. These are from all over the world and from the greatest minds that this world has seen.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/experience
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
Your ignorance is bliss , "rock" on, u will see the light , for yet again, keep on preaching your "non understanding" u only "fooling" yourself , for who are u, I do not know u , depart from me , for your ignorance is bliss , for u do not know the "way" of the "lord" and neither do u "understand" , you stand under with "them" rather "stand" with me and I "show" u the way , have faith in me for that light in u is "dark" and how "dark" is that light for ignorance is bliss and bliss is "darker" than that "light" of the "way" let him who have eyes and see , for him who have ears don't hear and neither do they see, for all these "things" have come to pass , the "end" is but not yet for that "flash" of light is yet to come for these parables of "mine" are ready and ready they are to "reap" what has been "sown" for I have them of "mine" that shall "see" the "father" and the "father" will be with them and there will be screaming and wailing and gashing of teeth, for u do "not" know the "father" for u do not "see" and yet again neither do u "understand" these parables of "mine" oh "a" men with little "faith".
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]35) Simple reasons why the Abrahamic religions should not legislate over the sanctity of marriage[/size]

This is not an argument that disproves the existence of God.

-Marriage existed in other cultures and religions before these three religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) existed

The Holy Bible gives advice on how to live a healthy marriage and states that it is a bond for man and woman. If you follow any religion with this or similar beliefs then that is for that person to honor.

If two men or two women want to get married through the courts then they can do so. When people try to say that Churches should allow same sex marriage then you get to where the Church is under attack not the idea of same sex marriage. In my view any Church that performs same sex marriage is not a church of God.

-There is incest in their holy books (see argument 34)

Incest has been explained in an earlier post.

-Their prophets had insane numbers of wives; Muhammad- 12 and Solomon- 700

The Holy Bible was not condoning polygamy.

1 Kings 11: 3-4 "And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father."

-Divorce happens in both secular and religious marriages; no one has the high ground.

It is true, divorce happens. The Holy Bible has rules for when it is allowed and when it is not allowed. When people go against the Holy Bible and divorce for anything other than those reasons it does not affect the validity of the Holy Bible. It affects that person's image.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]36) Another paradoxical problem with omniscience[/size]

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omniscient God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-Omniscience means knowing all things

If God knows everything, then he can not forget. However, that would also mean that he can't experience deja vu- he would always know where he got his experiences from. However, this then means that God does not know how it really feels to experience a moment of deja vu

This is claiming just because God cannot experience deja vu that he does not know how it feels. This is flawed reasoning. If he knows all things then he knows all things. Just because you claim he cannot experience something doesn't mean that he does not know it.

Another flaw with your argument is that God is omnipotent, this means that he has no limits to his abilities. If he wants to forget something he can forget something, he can also recall it after forgetting it. You cannot place limits on an omnipotent being.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]37) A problem of many gods in monotheistic religions[/size]

The Abrahamic faiths are monotheistic with the claim that there is one true God but there are instances where other gods are mentioned. Is it that there are other gods which the true God knows?

Unknowingly, or knowingly, you already pointed out the difference between the two subjects, God with a capital g representing the true God, and all others with a lowercase g as false gods.

For instance
-The bible says; Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me."

This is relating to men creating false gods from gold and silver. These gods are not real or have any power. They are just idols that people chose to worship.

Exodus 20:4 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

Jeremiah 51:17 "Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them."

-The bible says; Psalm 82:1 "God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the "gods"

This verse only seems to be valid when you keep it secluded from the rest of the passage. Many people try to use a single verse from the Holy Bible out of context to try and prove a point. This is the same thing as lying by omission. This link will clarify the purpose of Psalm 82. http://www.gotquestions.org/you-are-gods.html

-In islam, Muhammad's father was a pagan named Abdallah (meaning slave of god).

I am not an expert in Islam but from my understanding Muhammad's father worshiped Idols which would fall under the same topics as above.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]38) Is God afraid of modern technology?[/size]

Some religious people claim that they talk to God or see him in visions or dreams or he leaves signs. In christianity, God wrote the commandments on a stone tablet.

However, God doesnt send text messages or emails or calls nowadays. Why is God so old school? It makes one skeptical of God. He never reveals himself in identifiable ways. God prefers to reveal himself in subjective and unverifiable ways like dreams and visions, which could easily be chalked up to hallucinations.

"He never reveals himself in identifiable ways. God prefers to reveal himself in subjective and unverifiable ways like dreams and visions," I am using this quote from the post because this is the main idea of the post.

I have explained in an earlier post that God does not give us definite proof of his existence for a reason. If we all knew that God existed and there was no doubt, then all those who would be thieves, murders, and cheaters would fake being good because they know God is real. God does not want us to be good because he tells us to be good. He wants us to be good because it's what we want to do.

This is from an earlier post.
"If you invite a friend over to your home he or she will be a good guest while you are in the room watching them, but if you leave the room will that person still be good or will s/he steal from you? You can agree that you would rather have a friend who you can trust to do the right thing no matter what the circumstances are over someone you have to always watch over. God is inviting us into his home, his kingdom. He does not want people who just pretend to be good to enter his house."
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
negativecreep:
Your ignorance is bliss , "rock" on, u will see the light , for yet again, keep on preaching your "non understanding" u only "fooling" yourself , for who are u, I do not know u , depart from me , for your ignorance is bliss , for u do not know the "way" of the "lord" and neither do u "understand" , you stand under with "them" rather "stand" with me and I "show" u the way , have faith in me for that light in u is "dark" and how "dark" is that light for ignorance is bliss and bliss is "darker" than that "light" of the "way" let him who have eyes and see , for him who have ears don't hear and neither do they see, for all these "things" have come to pass , the "end" is but not yet for that "flash" of light is yet to come for these parables of "mine" are ready and ready they are to "reap" what has been "sown" for I have them of "mine" that shall "see" the "father" and the "father" will be with them and there will be screaming and wailing and gashing of teeth, for u do "not" know the "father" for u do not "see" and yet again neither do u "understand" these parables of "mine" oh "a" men with little "faith".
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Weah96: 5:16am On Apr 25, 2015
Bonetoy:

I have explained in an earlier post that God does not give us definite proof of his existence for a reason. If we all knew that God existed and there was no doubt, then all those who would be thieves, murders, and cheaters would fake being good because they know God is real. God does not want us to be good because he tells us to be good. He wants us to be good because it's what we want to do.

Every cell in my body was custom-made by the God, who also designed the environment with which those cells would eventually interact. If that's not the Matrix, then I don't know what is.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
What's wrong "bonetoy" cat got your tongue tongue he he he he
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2015
negativecreep:
What's wrong "bonetoy" cat got your tongue tongue he he he he
Been sick, and have to do laundry today. I do have a life outside this forum.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Weah96:

Every cell in my body was custom-made by the God, who also designed the environment with which those cells would eventually interact. If that's not the Matrix, then I don't know what is.

I have seen arguments about this idea. Some think that this life just may be a simulation and we could just be a brain in a jar. If that is what you truly believe I won't tell you otherwise because I do not have definite proof that we are not just brains in a jar.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
To me after going through Christianity and Muslim religion etc... .. I think the one true God is the enemy of these religions ..... U guys should visit exposechristianity. Com

Lecture yourself peeps..... No time to worship one stupid god of jew....

Till we all start using up the energy within us to achieve our aims we ain't going any further..... And always know u need no help of any god to achieve ur aim.... Go things urself people....
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Weah96: 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bonetoy:

If that is what you truly believe I won't tell you otherwise because I do not have definite proof that we are not just brains in a jar.

I don't believe that. But as a Christian or Muslim, or Jew, that belief is implied by the nature of their Gods. If your God designed my somatic cells and neurons, as those books suggest, then they were custom-made because of my unique nuclei/DNA.

At least in the Matrix, the real world for humans was actually a computer simulation, their actual bodies were suspended somewhere, hooked to machines. In the bible world, this stuff is real. This is the body, there is no other me hanging in the clouds.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=18pt]41) Beware of the thought police[/size]
In the Abrahamic faiths, God knows what is in your mind and knows if you are a good or bad person. Apparently God has no sense of privacy.

God never promised us privacy of our thoughts. This does not disprove the existence of God. This post is just reaching for an idea to disprove God.

Christianity takes this to the extreme- Jesus makes thinking about sex a sin;
-"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5;28

This only states the truth of human nature. We are inherently selfish and greedy people. Our impulses tell us to do what we want to make ourselves happy. Some of us can control these urges, while others tend to give into them. For the most part this only becomes bad in our society when these urges begin to affect other people. But to God it is a sin just to think that way. It is lust and greed, the beginning of evil.

The problem with thought policing is that humans cant control their thoughts all the time. We naturally think of good and bad scenarios when faced with possibilities. If one sees a beautiful person on the street, how did the looker know that the person was beatiful in the first place? According to Jesus, your unavoidable instinct is a sin.

You acknowledge that people inherently think about sin. It's in our nature to lust and be greedy. This argument actually validates the Holy Bible rather than discredits it because it agrees that men are sinners at heart. Our actions to give into to those desires are what separate us as good or bad people.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
39) A problem of evolution and the Abrahamic faiths

The Abrahamic religions state that God created man from earth/sand/water/mud in the beginning. However, human evolution shows that humans evolved from other animals.

Evolution does not show that humans evolved from animals. Evolution theorizes that humans evolved from animals.

This has forced many adherents of the Abrahamic faiths to reject evolution. Howver, evolution is the science and it remains a valid scientific theory. This has resulted in court battles where schools in the USA had to go to court to ge the right to teach evolution in the past.

This has not forced anything of the sort. Some theists believe in evolution just as atheists believe it, while others do not believe in evolution. The Scopes trial never declared whether creationism or evolution was right but decided that we cannot prevent students from learning about the evolution theory. Having the freedom of religion does not mean that we can prevent ideas that oppose religion.

Evolution and the Abrahamic faith's creation theology are incompatible despite the attempt at reforms to accept a theistic evolution.

If you do your research there are many studies that show the compatibility between creationism and scientific studies. There are all types of arguments that range from pure evolution to pure creationism and then in-between.

But the fact remains that evolution has failed to be proven a law. It is still only a theory, it has passed some tests that back up the claim but it has also failed some, which keep it just a theory. And scientifically any theory must past all tests to be declared a fact.

This link here (although biased) provides good arguments against evolution. Again, I am not saying any one has to believe what I believe, but everyone deserves to get the truth on both sides. http://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/33/t/how-evolution-flunked-the-science-test.aspx
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=18pt]40) A case of a slow God for the big bang and an instant God for religion[/size]

Many theists argue that God caused the big bang (a cosmic god). However, in the Abrahamic faith, God is omnipotent and does things instantaneously. He flooded the whole earth with rain, he created the sun in four seconds (let there be light) and he sent plagues to the Egyptians. Cosmic God is different

First, none of the examples you gave could be considered instantaneously. If you had said he created the sun instantaneously then you would have had one example to back your claim. But you put a time on the creation of the sun. The foundation of this argument is very weak.

Cosmic God chose to wait billions of years (about 14) to create the world we live in today instead of doing it in the blink of an eye since he can create something out of nothing. He had to create the big slam and wait for billions of years for the solar system to come up and then wait for millions of years for humans to appear. This is the equivalent of using a cup to fill a swimming pool with water that will take you about a week instead of using a hose that would take some few hours.

Now I move to the Cosmic God idea. I personally do not believe God spent billions of years preparing the Earth for man. Most theists do not believe this either. But that is just our belief. If others want to believe that idea it is entirely up to them. This in no way disproves God's existence.

I can simply state that because one atheist claims that God might exist then that means God exists. This is illogical reasoning when you apply the ideas of a few to the majority.

One thing is certain with the whole argument of God's existence. Some of us are wrong. If theists are wrong, the end, nothing left to argue. If atheists are wrong, then religions get to continue arguing until one is proven right.

1 Like

Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Bonetoy: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=18pt]42) The problem of making scientific claims without scientific evidence[/size]

God created the big slam

There is scientific evidence for the big slam but none for God. God is timeless, invisible, matterless, spaceless etc. God cant be tested with science. Every being we know is defined by time, space and matter.

There is no equation for God in the big bang. Hanging God on the big bang is nothing more than a God of the gaps argument to solve the question of "what came before the big bang"?

All that is stated here is this. "God's existence cannot be proven, therefore God does not exist." The counter to this is "God's existence cannot be disproven, therefore God exists". Neither claim proves or disproves anything. They are circular arguments.

As for the Big Bang theory (yes it is still just a theory) it actually matches what is said in the Holy Bible. Both depict that the universe went from nothing to everything instantaneously. The only difference is the timing that it took with the scientific explanation and the Biblical explanation for the creation of our solar system.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Abdulkabeer23: 3:23am On May 23, 2015
Sweetnecta:
I easily could have approached your issue about God not coming out of nothing with a question about the source of gentle breeze or wind that you feel. I will leave this and others for your mind to ponder. Per chance it may dawn on you. The Ultimate Source does not have to have a source but Himself is the Source of all. It is not necessary that He is of the same nature of what He is the Source of, regardless of how He varied them into many.

I am a muslim. Thats is my religion. My ethnicity is different. What makes me a muslim are sets of ordained laws and rules and duties.

What will make a person a jew in terms of his religion is not because he is an ethnic jew. Religion is completely different from ethnicity. What i will like to know from this op is how is Jesus a jew in his religion? Tell me what the jewish religion entails in worship, etc and fit that on Jesus. Tell me if you can, even though you are not arguing that Jesus is a Christian, if anyone is following Jesus in matters of religion, should they not imitate how Jesus worshiped; standing, bowing prostrating, in prescribed hours during the day and in some part of the night?

Neither Moses [or any prophet] nor Jesus was Jew or Christian in religion. They were all muslims as they stood, bowed and prostrated in worship of God. We muslims do this today, tomorrow and forever, till the last muslim on earth will die.

Assalamualaikum, sister/brother! grin

I am a Muslim as well. Thank you for replying to these atheists. I support you with all my heart!

Have you made any other refutations of these atheists?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
[size=18pt]1) The fundamental atheist argument[/size]

Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of God(s)

The fundamental argument for atheism is that there is no evidence or proof for God. There is no solid or tangible evidence for God nor a logical argument for God. The existence of God is taken on faith and not by evidence.

While being a Theist I do like and agree with your definition 'the fundamental atheist argument'.

I have seen many debates here side tracked by those arguing a different definition that is basically that of the Agnostic; As you are not debating but merely seeking to list and understand I think it is important (in both cases) to begin with this fundamental premise.

As an aside I did note some 'arguments here were based on the existence of a PARADOX'. Please note that these occur in Physics and reality all the time and are actually TRUE. Relativity and Quantum Physics are full of paradoxes but actually work.

So an argument (be it true or false) MAY well still be suspect if it relies on a paradox as its basis.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Mrthesis: 7:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Is atheism a religion?
What's necessary?
re·li·gion [ri-lij-uh n] (from Dictionary.com)
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

We will start with #1
A set of beliefs about the cause, nature and purpose of the universe. Well atheists believe in the Big Bang, an infinitely dense piece of matter blows up. I'd say that is a belief. More unfounded beliefs are macro evolution, abiogenesis, belief that there is no God, etc. only problem with atheism and #1 is the moral code. Doesn't exist outside of the one who created the universe. Fits description.

#2. Fundamental set of beliefs. As stated above. Cosmic evolution, macro evolution, abiogenesis, belief that there is no God, etc. These are no doubt fundamental to being an atheist. There is more than one atheist and they agree on these things. Fits description.

#3. A body of persons adhering. How many constitutes a body? I'd say that the number of atheists adhering is definite in the realm of classification as a body. They adhere to beliefs listed above. Fits description.

#4 is irrelevant in all cases and does nothing to define religion.

#5. Practice of religious beliefs. Well it is a well known fact now that atheists all over North America are organizing into churches and holding Sunday services which closely resemble a Christian service. Second part: ritual observance of faith. Hmmm do atheists have faith. Well I guess so. All above said beliefs require vast amounts of faith as there is no proof for them. To believe nothing created everything, life evolved from non life, that we all evolved from one, asexual single celled organism take vast amounts of blind faith. This doesn't take into consideration all the cockamamie theories like a multiverse. Fits description.

Now don't give me silly ideas like this lack of belief business. You've obviously thought it through enough to form a position on God. This idea of lack of belief is intellectual laziness, it's trivial cuz babies and animals don't have beliefs on anything because they are incapable. It takes absolutely no brain power to not have a belief. It adds nothing to the debate of Gods existence, the question still remains. And a Christian can simply use the same argument, "I simply have a lack of belief God doesn't exist." Is atheism a religion, well the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled it is, and with good reason. I have shown how it fits and the highest court has agreed. Any questions?
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by gamaliel121(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. The sinner here described is an atheist, one that saith there is no Judge or Governor of the world, no Providence ruling over the affairs of men. He says this in his heart. He cannot satisfy himself that there is none, but wishes there were none, and pleases himself that it is possible there may be none; he is willing to think there is none. This sinner is a fool; he is simple and unwise, and this is evidence of it: he is wicked and profane, and this is the cause. The word of God is a discerner of these thoughts. No man will say, There is no God, till he is so hardened in sin, that it is become his interest that there should be none to call him to an account. The disease of sin has infected the whole race of mankind. They are all gone aside, there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

God has the final say!!!
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by brotherbob: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2015
Sadly you are wrong about almost everything that you have written. This is not uncommon for man because our ways are not God's ways. I discuss this in my upcoming venture where the onus of providing evidence of God is laid at the feet of believers. We have done a horrific job at giving you the proof that is need to "take a leap of faith." In reality it is no leap, but a small step when all of the evidence is provided. This is my new quest in life. I hear you speak through the pages that you are looking for answers. Hang in there and it will be coming soon. Good day! Thanks for expressing your thoughts.
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by Nobody: 3:48am On Sep 20, 2015
The argument of locality and ominipresence is what made me realize Christianity and religion is false

that and other scientific evidence . . thumbs up to the op keep up the good work

one day society will be cleansed of religion once and for all
Re: A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) by ATJJTA: 5:29am On Aug 30, 2016
I think one of the best arguments against the existence of God for me, is that God's omnipotence and his omniscience are mutually and internally self-contradictory. According to Christian doctrine, God's omnipotence means he has the ability to do anything whatsoever, or at least that is what omnipotence formerly meant (theologians have since watered down its meaning). Also according to Christian doctrine, God's omniscience means that he has perfect and infallible knowledge of everything, including past, present, and future. This means that the future that God has infallibly foreseen is so certain that it is as if it has already happened. It is set in stone.
This leads me to ask the question, does God have the power to change the future, or anything else, for that matter, from the way he has already infallibly foreseen seen it ? If he can change what he has infallibly foreseen for the future, then he didn't infallibly foresee it, and therefore is not omniscient after all. And if he cannot change what he has already infallibly foreseen, then he cannot be omnipotent after all. This goes against the law of logic called, the law of non-contradiction.
This, I think is one of the strongest arguments against the existence of the traditional monotheistic, Abrahamic God. As for a deistic type God, he / she / or it, is said to have set the universe in motion, and since then has taken no more action, and does not intervene in the universe, leaving no traces of His / Her/ or It's existence. Such a God, then, might just as well not exist, if it does, indeed, exist,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka / 20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.