Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463600 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
@christino i haven't heard anything from you. what's going on @esquire men u just disappeared from nairaland like that. plz send me your no again
Re: Ubuntu Linux by rozilla(m): 11:42pm On Nov 29, 2006
yo i need a big favour. i've been trying to download Win2k SP4 but it takes too long with my starcomms. could someone with a faster connection download it for me and burn it to CD, please?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:38am On Nov 30, 2006
and how are u finding ur ubuntu don't forget visit gnome-look.org
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
guys help me. i used my pc yesterday and shut down properly only to want to use the pc now and it restarts once the windows logo comes up and start loading plz help me i have and exam this coming thursday on vb 6 and i need windows. could it be a virus? it won't even allow me to go to safe mode it keeps restarting
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2006
also yesterday i mounted the windows partition in linux but after that i wap still able to use windows i have un mounted it but still the same i don't have back up plz help me
Re: Ubuntu Linux by rozilla(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2006
wale that sounds like the same thing that happened when i had the brontok virus on xp. can u try accessing your windows partition thru linux?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2006
yes i can even now am copying my files to linux
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2006
@rozilla& everyone plz its very important. i have an exam on thursday hw did u fix your pc
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2006
after copying my files my linux hard disk stopped responding and starts to make a lousy scratching noise am fed up
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2006
Sounds like the HDD is failing. Try to run a scan on it with the command
chkdsk /f
from another windows 2000/XP machine (u need to connect it as a slave disk)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2006
my linux hard disk is back and am on it now. But windows keep showing me the same error telling me to choose those options and gives me a blue screen of death that last for barely a second
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ Adewale,

Download is almost done, issue is I need to get a pack of DVDs from Otigba tomorrow so I can distribute it.

i'm doing mimoh's concurrently too.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2006
thnx my pc has become a night mare i just have to reinstall jare
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2006
Do you have a UPS, if you don't then you can't survive this. It's gonna come back!!! grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2006
i have a ups and it drives me crazy when it starts beeping in the middle of the night @mimoh i have a question about java does it have a gui like that of vb that allows u to draw the forms or do u have to code it out
Re: Ubuntu Linux by mimohmi(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2006
@adewaleafolabi

Yap, neatbeans ide allow to do drag n drop your gui component, but you still
have to code the events and logic. You can download it from this link

http://www.netbeans.info/downloads/index.php

Walahi, that celtel connection messed up my starcomms connection both on
my xp and linux. However, have been able to fix xp and still roughing it with
linux. I have to learn how to configure multiple PPP connection on my linux.
Have a wonderful day.

@Christino
E ya !, thanks for the effort, really appreciated. One love, one passion and many linux.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2006
It's like the port for IDM has been blocked by the ISP, i'm downloading on as little as 1kbps at times but on Opera, speed is fairly okay. THat's what's been delaying me, I waited thruout Wednesday so that I can complete one before starting another, but last night, I decided to take two downloads from the sun and now i'm scared I'll have to live with IDM this way. It's so sad.

Can anyone help on IDM?

Progress Report:

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2006
@christino have u tried changing the port settings of idm ? @mimoh have u fixed your ppp issue
@everyone is there a way of repairing windows without reinstalling ?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2006
Haba, Christino, i have 5 free disks of dapper drake, i can snail-mail one to you. Have you heard of Ubuntu Shipit? they delivered tthe disks to my front door!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 01, 2006
@adewale:
Yes. You should insert the windows CD and allow it to boot, like a normal installation but when it gets to "detecting previous installations of windows", it will tell you it found one instance of XP, do you want to repair? Just select yes and it will fix the troublesome thing, and preserve your files at the same time. Please try and do this with a UPS, or stable power supplty cos if it is interupted, the whole disk might be fsck'd up beyond all recognition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2006
@ Grid,

Where have you been all this while? It's not too late, but is yours the dvd version? I guess it is, how do we meet, which other cds do you have, meanwhile I need to conclude this download of a thing, i'll try changing the port address, but to what?

@ Adewale,

Grid just gave you the load down, please back up your hard drive, there's nothing as important as that, if possible, back it up on an Ipod.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:00am On Dec 01, 2006
hw can i back up when i cant get into windows i tried doing it with linux by modifying fstab and although i wap able to copy my files and that almost killed my linux hard drive. thanks guys i really appreciate this
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2006
@Christino:
I only oredered the CD version, because most of the people i intended to give don't have DVD drives. But its oK, I can send u one if you give me a postal address that NIPOST can locate. Wouldnt want to stress u in looking 4 my office. smiley

@adewale:
If u have another windows [2000/XP] PC, connect the harddisk to it. Then you should be able to back up your stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 2:36pm On Dec 01, 2006
If your office is @ V.I. then gimme d no. If not gimme your phone num, i'm on YIM right now and hopefully will be fully online for the next 18 hours.

@ Adewale,

Do you hav a DVD drive?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2006
no but i could get one sha mr do u have sumtin else in mind?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:46am On Dec 02, 2006
does anyone knows why the fonts look bold in openoffice? @mimoh have u been able to fix your connection issues?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2006
@Christino:
I stay in dolphin estate, my office is there too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2006
how can we get 2 meet, so i can burn those on my laptop.

@ adewale

If i can get the cds from Grid, that'd be okay.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2006
Thanks.does he have d dvd version cause i have enough of the normal version. so what happened 2d download?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2006
See wot i'm going thru, diff speeds.

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2006
wow thanks i wonder why you have different speeds like what percentage is it now i can't see the image properly am on mobile
Re: Ubuntu Linux by mimohmi(m): 3:50am On Dec 03, 2006
@Christino

Man, thanks for the effort, why don't you try reinstalling
DAP. It might solve the problem.

To Everyone,
I am not going to be very active for a while, I have an
exam that I want to write before the end of the month.
But promise to always peep in once a while.

@adewaleafolabi
I have not been able to fix the problem, but I know it from
my serial setting, cos when I used pppd to check it, it told
me that my serial port was set to loop back, so what it does
is using my system dns instead of my isp. Just like a kind of
running the localhost dns ip, so my connection is just withing
my system, kind of LAN. Hope to fix it after my exam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.