Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (463588 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:27am On Dec 09, 2006
guys i tried browsing on the pc(windows xp) since yesterday and it gives me ppp link error ip there a way to beat that? also i tried using an ipod on windows, although it installed it but couldn't open it. i tried it on puppy, it opened it and i copied a file there but when i checked the ipod there wasn't anything there. i tried kubuntu live cd although it mounted it but when i try opening it, it complains that its not found in fstab plz what can i do
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2006
where's everyone? @mimoh hw far with ur exams? @christino hw far with u? @everyone try using kexi its a good replacement for access
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2006
wot's Kexi, on linux? I had a 3 day break jare.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2006
kexi is a database package like Ms access. it runs on both linux and windows. the windows version is on the kubuntu cd.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2006
kewl, i'd like 2 c dat.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:14am On Dec 12, 2006
@christino plz do u have a workaround for ppp link error, since the reinstallation of win i've been encountering that problem anytime i try to establish celtel connection on my pc so am stuck to opera mini
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 1:30am On Dec 12, 2006
i don't know nada about this PPP stuff o, but i just use the network setup wizard to set my connection up, never encountered it.

okay, try this:

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue: 1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.

NOTE: For Windows Server 2003, click Start, point to Control Panel, and then point to Network Connections.
2. Right-click the appropriate dial-up networking connection, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Networking tab, and then click Settings.
4. Click to clear the Negotiate multi-link for single link connections check box (if it is selected).
5. Click OK, and then click OK.
6. Double-click the connection, and then click Dial. • If this procedure resolves the issue and you can establish a dial-up connection, you do not have to follow the remaining steps in this article.
• If this does not resolve the issue and you cannot establish a dial-up connection, go to step 7 to continue to troubleshoot this issue.

7. Right-click the connection, and then click Properties.
8. Click the Security tab.
9. Under Security options, click Allow unsecured password in the Validate my identity as follows box, and then click OK.
10. Double-click the connection, and then click Dial to verify that you can establish a dial-up connection.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2006
@christino i did that but still the same error. could it be a location problem?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2006
Ha, can't really say o. I doubt if it is, did you change location? but if your phone is connected wot's stopping your PC?

try deleting that one and using the network setup wizard for dial up connectivity. you should be ok in no time.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2006
@christino the gprs on my phone just stopped working but am back now. so when i said location i meant ilupeju, and i have reason to believe thats why i couldn't connect on the linux to
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2006
so what's d new proxy setting.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2006
i don't understand what u meant by new proxy setting. am still yet to connect on the pc and when i try moto phone tools it gives same error but suggests that i should disable proxy. hw can i do that? and have u tried the kexi?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2006
where's everyone? @mimoh hw was ur exams? @christino i used my moto with a friends centrino and it worked instantly. but there wasn't wifi reception around my guess was right @everyone have an ubuntfull christmas and don't 4get d reason 4d season Christ
Re: Ubuntu Linux by hayprof(m): 4:28am On Dec 17, 2006
@everyone have an ubuntfull christmas and don't forget d reason 4d season Christ

And You Too Mr. Ubuntu. cheesy cool
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:16am On Dec 17, 2006
@hayprof it was waka waka's laptop that i used. na wa 4d guy he too dey waka now a days anytime he comes to ya place plz give him those stuff. thanks
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2006
Mimoh's down with a virus from me, i thot i told u dat.

Cool 2 hear ur phone's connecting now, sell that laptop of yours and buy a 3310 so you can play snake and dots. grin

May the spirit of Ubuntu be with you all this xmas and nu year.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2006
its not my laptop o and its not connecting on my pc yet and for some strange reasons i can't seem to comprehend WHY moto phone tools generates error i tried reinstalling even system restore but it still remainis. i don tire for windows the only reason i still keep it is because of my siblings. plz give mimoh the cure ok. almost 4got why don't i buy yours and give u a 3310 so u can play snakes
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2006
Cos mine is worth a 2100 grin no way i'll sell for a 3310 shocked
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2006
don't worry i'll get a 2100 when can we make d switch?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2006
when Kris Okotie becomes d president grin
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:35am On Dec 18, 2006
well i guess i must be out of luck today.so whats new with ur ubuntu
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2006
been long since i used ubuntu really, i only ready my pdf files on it.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2006
Am back 2 the highly addictive and wonderful
nairaland my gprs started
working today after about 3 months thanks 2 mikados in the phone section
of this forum so whats up verybody i took my system 2 the cafe in order 2 upgrade 2 kubuntu 6.10 but everything went haywire but it downloaded quite alright but i could not get it 2 install so i want anybody 2 paste me the screenshot of thier repository so that i can make serious ammendment. Afo have now and it seems
chxta is using the latest version so guys post me stuffs that'll be of help.
Cheerio.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2006
esquire its good to have u back. i also had a little problem with my connection.

1 Like

Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2006
Hello everybody i,ll be going to the cafe this night to upgrade please any help about upgrading will be highly welcomed please i read something about changing all words that says dapper drake in the repository to the new kubuntu 6.10 don't know the name so please how to go about it is what i really new because we a cafe with high speed and i will be doing it 2day and if u guys advise i do it through konsole what is the appropriate command because i used the on at kubuntu.org it just didnt work for me. peace and Cheerio.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2006
@esquire why don't you search ubuntuforums.org
Re: Ubuntu Linux by rozilla(m): 12:57am On Dec 22, 2006
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2006
@rozilla did u get certified ? @ esquire did u go to d forum just check the absolute beginners section
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Christino(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2006
I'm wondering too,pls educate us.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2006
i know ubuntu is offering certification their first set was got certified this year check ubuntu.com for more info
Re: Ubuntu Linux by esquire(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2006
i did not check the forum until this morning but i did the upgrade i wanted to do i did it on wednesday. What i did with the repository was i changed all dapper to edgy. But sadly the cafe have no UPS and i made a mistake of not going 2 d place with mine Nepa interrupt power after the download reaches 78% my guestion is this is there anyway 2 rescue a broken download and make it continue without having 2 restart the stuff but i must confess the cafe is very fast. Looking forward 2 hearing from u guys. Cheerio
Re: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2006
was it through terminal u did the download?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.