Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested (1012 Views)

Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment / Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. / Forty Persons Injured In Lagos Fire Cracker Warehouse Inferno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by 9javoice1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
«§» 3 January 2013

THE Police in Lagos State, Wednesday, said they have arrested the importer of the firecrackers which triggered an inferno that killed one person, injured 40 others, and destroyed 12 buildings at Ojo Giwa area of Jankara, in Lagos Island, Lagos on Boxing Day.

The importer, whose identity was given as, Semilore Olalekan, was said to have been picked up by the police who have been on his trail for a long time.

Although the spokesperson of the Lagos Police Command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the arrest, she said, however, that she had not been properly briefed. But a source who spoke to Vanguard on the condition of anonymity said the importer was currently being detained at the Area A Command Headquarters, Lion Building, Lagos Island. The source added that the importer told policemen during interrogation that he was licensed to import firecracker which remains a contraband item into the country.

He said: “The importer told the policemen that he got permission from the Police Anti-Bomb Unit and the National Security Adviser, NSA, to import firecracker into the country.”

Fear grips landlords, tenants over non-deformity test: Meantime, owners of structures and tenants of the 20 marked structures on Okoya and Ojo-Giwa streets in Lagos Island, site of the firecrackers explosion were, yesterday, gripped with fear over the commencement of the Non-Deformity Test on the marked structures.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109293:police-arrest-importer-of-fireworks-in-lagos-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/lagos-fire-firecracker-importer-arrested/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-fireworks-inferno-police-arrest-importer-of-firecrackers/135216/

this is why i keep saying that we need not to be fast in pointing fingers at others.
now the importer is yoruba not igbo. lets learn to live and let live in this country.
southern nigeria has much in common than what divides us.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
hmmm! where is that yeye boy called geez? what has he to say in this matter?
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
berem: hmmm! where is that yeye boy called geez? what has he to say in this matter?

^^^He's busy trying to straighten the four fingers that were pointing back at him.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by seanet01: 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^^^
he got permission to import this thing.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by nku5: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
But how can someone get a permit for something thats already banned. Wetin concern national security adviser with firecracker abeg
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by 9javoice1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
seanet01: Quote Post
he got permission to import this thing.

my point is not about where the guy come from but let learn to love each other and stop accusing unnecesary.
let the soul that sinneth die not him people.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by ypzilanti: 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
Mtcheeew. He could come from anywhere. Why should it matter?
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2013
Surprised!!!Are they sure that's the mans REAL name?.I was expecting ...erm...Erm...a DIFFERENT kinda name.

*picks race*
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by seunfly: 4:09am On Jan 05, 2013
berem: hmmm! where is that yeye boy called geez? what has he to say in this matter?
I don't think the guy mention any tribe on that thread now, as a matter of fact this is what he wrote and i remember that i quoted him on that thread.
geeez:
When they can kill their mothers for money, what on earth would a life mean to them. Lets see how this plays out.

Note he may have edited his post before i quoted him on that thread but to the best of my knowledge he does not refer to any tribe because any tribe in Nigeria can do that. But you peaple just jump to conclution about his statments.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by adejoro75: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2013
seunfly:
I don't think the guy mention any tribe on that thread now, as a matter of fact this is what he wrote and i remember that i quoted on that thread.

Note he may have edited his post before i quoted him on that thread but to the best of my knowledge he does not refer to any tribe because any tribe in Nigeria can do that. But you peaple just jump to conclution about his statments.

You are an ignoramus. Geez is a known ethnic bigot.
Re: LAGOS FIRE: Firecrackers Importer Arrested by seunfly: 4:46am On Jan 05, 2013
adejoro75:

You are an ignoramus. Geez is a known ethnic bigot.
Yes he is a tribal bigot just like others but in that statement that i copied directly does not point finger to any tribe. You can't just assume what such statement means especialy for something that is as sensitive as tribalism NO my friend, Ade NO you can't.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram:Sovereign State Western Nigeria By UN & Gowon Araba(secede)By Musiwa / Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website / Unveiling Of Opon Imo By OSUN STATE GOVT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.