Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Is It Right For Soldiers To Beat Up Civilians In Public - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Right For Soldiers To Beat Up Civilians In Public (631 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Soldiers To Beat Up Civilians In Public by laivwire(m): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
I was catching fun with my younger brother's friends one evening when they started narrating stories of how some soldiers stopped on the road and beat up a commercial driver because he blocked the road. This wasn't the first time I've heard or seen soldiers subject harmless civilians to inhumane treatments like beating or dragging them on tarred roads. The question has been tuggin at my mind and I need answers. Do soldiers have any jurisdiction outside the barracks to enforce law? Are they empowered by the constitution to do such? Opinions please.
Re: Is It Right For Soldiers To Beat Up Civilians In Public by okosodo: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
They want to prove that they have gone for military training

(1) (Reply)

Designer's Bag Birthday Cake!! Why Dont We Promote Our Culture / Give The Exact Period In Terms Of Days, Hours, E.t.c You Have Being On Earth. / My Experience With The Two Igbo Traders That Had An Accident There Way To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.