Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25467 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Chidex2442(m): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Hw will ppl arround u feel wen der knw dat u ar flyn wit dis kind of aircraft? grin grin grin

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2013
Owk nah. New year, new stories
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Gwekzy: 7:21am On Jan 05, 2013
All dis our celeb sef.... Must dey make moni in every way?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Is tonto among?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by fuke(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Whoa! This has got to be the most insensitive act ever!!!!

What is with the great fanfair with celebrity appearances. . .Did they forget why they were grounded in the first place??!!

They obviously don't have good PR people or they woulda advised them to do it lowkey out of respect for the family of the deceased especially since the cause of the crash is still being investigated, but then again, this is Nigeria. . . where anything goes. undecided

Bam.

Very insensitive. See the way their Indian
pilots are laughing.

Our leaders are useless.

Where is the hurry in putting this killing bird in the air again.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2013
Again, Nigerians has been SOLD at a cheap price... What happened to the lives DANA Air claimed 6months ago, I think they died in vein? Believe me, Nemesis will definitely catch up with whoever is involved in the tragedy that occurred in the DANA Crash...

SMH for this country, the government and their allies are nothing but craps! I have a Open Letter to the President and its useless Cabinet.

KISS MY ASS angry sad

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by tutu1: 7:37am On Jan 05, 2013
Nawa oh, so because of this area boyz turn comedians make I believe everything is ok with Dana air abi lol, truth in Nigeria all airline operate with the same standards Aero Contractors is no better than Dana, we should force our government to implement, maintain and regulate on high standard because closing down Dana air wouldn't make other planes fly safer eg Chachangi Airlines , IRS Airlines they all have older planes than Dana,it is the aviation industry n government we should be after
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by bootstrap(m): 7:42am On Jan 05, 2013
First of all... I feel we being overtly unreasonable. That one of their planes crashed doesn't mean they should be grounded for life. Accidents do happen my friends. That u are involved in a car accident doesn't make u stop driving.... Does it? I can authoritatively say that, as unfortunately as what happened was, Dana doesn't hv d worst air crafts in the Nigeria airspace. For me... I will still fly them tho. (on a lighter note... And most people this scared of dying are supposed to be xtians, "running the heavenly race. We will all die, when we will. Either via Dana or keke napep or in our rooms for that matter.). Anyway, the Nigeria government regulatory agencies needs to be more alive to their responsibilities. May the souls of the Dana crash victims rest in peace. Amen
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by nlofficial(m): 7:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Well, I believe it will be better to patronise Dana since the crashing of its plane is still recent. Who knows the next Airline to follow?

So I'll rather fly with Dana because they have received a wake up call from the last crash, it won't repeat itself come the next 5 years.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 7:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by lighternote: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2013
m jus so speechless :-Xm jus so speechless.
basket mouth n co killing their career over money n insensitivity.
would they do ds crass advert if they had lost a dear one in d crash.
Gosh.
As a respect 2d dead, I ll NEVER patronise dana branded c
offin.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by blackpanda: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life: Na wa for some people o, does it mean the airline isn't airworthy anymore?

Unfortunately, the accident has happened, they were under for 7months, they're back now having passed stringent regulations and need I say tough sanctions. So what's the problem? As for the victims, no amount of money nor publicity can bring them back, regardless of what Dana does with their PR.

All we can ask is the FG is be tougher on these guys. They're no different than the tens and hundreds
fratochi:
.....Sorry to say this, but I feel that we nigerians most times allow emotions and sentiments to overshadow our sense of judgement, I mean for goodness sake must airline be permanently grounded because one of its fleet was involved in an air accident, so are we saying that one of the inter-state luxury bus transport companies should be grounded because one of its fleet its involved in a fatal road accident? We are supposed to mount these pressures on the government and FAAN to do a thorough job on the air accident report and release it so that nigerians and indeed other airlines will learn a few precautions from instead of insisting on the withdrawal of their license. Two wrongs cannot make a right. God help us.
that die via luxury bus accidents or tanker explosions.

To be honest, y'all supporting this celebration but be fcking stupd! If ur mum or dad or brother roasted in that crash I doubt u'll have the guts to come out here and pour ur trash!
That said, am not advocating they be grounded for life (since no airline is really that good in naija), but for heavens sake, have some respect for the dead! U ride 150 people to their early graves, fg turns the other way and merely slaps u on d wrist, yet u go ahead to celebrate in the faces of motherless, childless and persons that have automatically become orphans!
That's not just sad, its wicked! This celebration is uncalled for. It shows no remorse on their part. In a sane society, this will never be tolerated.
But then again, there are so many retaards on this site praising the wicked act!
If they don't celebrate, what will happen??

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by bigsamo: 7:52am On Jan 05, 2013
[b][/b]when is nija going to have a stable principle?any way i dont blame the government they are not the one flying with (DANA) But its better we wake up THIS can not happen IN advanced country.
THIS IS Bleepwhen is nija going to have a stable principle?any way i dont blame the government they are not the one flying with (DANA) But its better we wake up tis can not happen advanced country.
THIS IS Bleep
when is nija going to have a stable principle?any way i dont blame the government they are not the one flying with (DANA) But its better we wake up tis can not happen advanced country.
THIS IS Bleep
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by bigsamo: 7:57am On Jan 05, 2013
OUR ALMIGHTY GOD WILL SOON BE KILLING YOU STUPID,STINGY AND HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT AND POLITICIANS YOU WILL SOON DIE A MISTERIOUS DEATH THIS YEAR FOR YOU TO BE DOING THIS FOR WE CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by kalufelix(m): 7:57am On Jan 05, 2013
peace mass all the way
wetin concern me concern plane...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2013
I earlier posted links to articles about Air France plane crashes. There you could read about the investigation into the cause of the crash and measures that were taken to prevent a repeat occurrence.

Has the Nigerian Government/aviation authorities released the report of the investigation into the 2006 ADC crash?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADC_Airlines_Flight_53
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 8:04am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by since1914(m): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2013
I have no issues with DANA Air, my problem is with our Aviation Authorities that have failed in their regulatory duties. If an invigilator chooses to take his siesta in an Examination hall, then every cheat will have a field day. The National Assembly recently asked that the DG of NCAA and some of his staff be sanctioned on account of the DANA incident because it was established that certain government people were compromised hence failed to do their work, yet up till this moment nothing has being done about them. Even in the most developed countries, businesses are always looking for how best to maximize profit including cutting corners and engaging in fraudulent practices, it is left for the regulators to keep them check.

It was only a coincidence that the last plane that crashed belonged to DANA Air. With the level of Regulatory laxity in the Aviation industry in this country, I believe that even if the best European Airlines flew our local routes, it won't be long before their services become as mediocre our current crop of local Airline Operators, because government regulators here are more interested in how much patronage they can get from the Air Operators than doing their jobs.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Slizbeat(m): 8:07am On Jan 05, 2013
The fact that they had a Crash last year doesnt guarantee their permanent grounding. Yes, the families are going through pains, no doubts but lets be realistic. After all the accidents transport vehicles such as "the young, God is good, GUO, Gobison, Tarzan e.t.c" have gotten in the past years, they are not yet grounded. Checking how many lifes they have taken, is enough to be a whole village. If you are conversant with this driver named "Nkekenyi" of blessed memory, you would understand what i mean. His Accident along OKENE about 12years ago claimed the lifes of over 60people in the luxury bus. What am trying to pass on is that "we shouldnt criticize DANA for resuming, neither should we criticize the new patronisers but anyone who patronises them at this point when the report is not yet out, does so at his/her own risk.
Life itself is about taking Risk.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Mexyz(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Inakwana o, Nigerians sha,there was a plane crash,yes,bt we all ve to mve on. We re jst insultn only basket mouth,bt was he d only one dat was mentnd there,stp hating abeg. Even those dat ve nt bn to an airport b4 re claimn air passengers here.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by blackpanda: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2013
Slizbeat: The fact that they had a Crash last year doesnt guarantee their permanent grounding. Yes, the families are going through pains, no doubts but lets be realistic. After all the accidents transport vehicles such as "the young, God is good, GUO, Gobison, Tarzan e.t.c" have gotten in the past years, they are not yet grounded. Checking how many lifes they have taken, is enough to be a whole village. If you are conversant with this driver named "Nkekenyi" of blessed memory, you would understand what i mean. His Accident along OKENE about 12years ago claimed the lifes of over 60people in the luxury bus. What am trying to pass on is that "we shouldnt criticize DANA for resuming, neither should we criticize the new patronisers but anyone who patronises them at this point when the report is not yet out, does so at his/her own risk.
Life itself is about taking Risk.

Its not the resumption of flight operations that's d problem. But must they throw a grand opening? This is silly and insensitive! Wen buses have accidents, do u see the owners throwing extravagant celebrations? I mean what point are they making here. 150 people dead, then the next thing is to pull out celebrities for grand opening. Does that make sense.
You nigerians are too quick to forget easily. May if one of ur close relatives is involved in d next crash, u will understand better
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2013
What if that Inaugural Flight had crashed?

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by blahcknproud: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2013
What if Basketmouth flies Dana's inaugural flight? Apparently he was paid to pull this stunt.

EVEN IF ALI BABA FLEW ON THEIR INAUGURAL FLIGHT, I STILL NO GO FLY DANA FOR A LONG TIME.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by BM247: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2013
well its all about money in this part of the world,that's why every other reasoning will not matter as far as money is involved we always look the other way,that seems to be the root of our problems.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by wellmax(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2013
Don't know why you guys are making noise. Everywhere in the world, airlines have misfortunes, and are able to bounce back.
People still travel by ABC transport, God is good, Peace Mass, etc despite the fact that these Transport coys have accidents every now and then.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2013
y me: This is outrageous! I thought investigation was/is still going on? *sigh*
Investigation dat wud bring back d dead guys?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2013
If they like, they should invite MJ to break dance. I will never fly them. Aero contractors is also on my flying coffin list. They are a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by GoldCircle: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2013
Just want to ask why the double standards? Bellview crashed and was grounded; ADC crashed and was grounded; and I also think same happened to sosoliso ( not too sure). I mean these airlines were owned by Nigerians. Now an Indian owned airline crashes and its back in the air 7 months after. Me thinks something isn't just right. How do you then encourage local businessmen to invest in their country? *smh*

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by ocelot2006(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2013
y me: This is outrageous! I thought investigation was/is still going on? *sigh*

The AIB's investigation has long been concluded. And the airline has already been penalised, and has met all of NCAA's stringent standards.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by hinaija: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2013
www.naijaspeaker.com is a new Online Question & Answer Community where people(mostly Nigerians)can ask questions and a community of regular users provide answers based on their knowledge or opinions.
Naijaspeaker resembles a social media site opposed to an information reference site.Contributors are encouraged to enter multi–user discussions and to voice opinions about the questions placed.Since Questions are typically in the long tail of internet search in that they have a large number of keywords, produce limited results on a search engine , and as such require a human to answer them. Naijaspeaker covers a diverse range of subjects including social,personal and spiritual matters.Also more subject specific users are needed as moderators(if interested send a email to admin@naijaspeaker.com)
Naijaspeaker helps people to share knowledge and meet new friends,our network is enriched by commenting,voting,notifications,private messaging,user points and rankings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track / U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) / Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.