Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25445 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Navalsadiq(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2013
Nigeria and politics.may GOD help us.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmerianConsult: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2013
They should have got a pastor on board too to pray against another fatality.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by veron007: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2013
[size=8pt]My people I will personally not fly on any Dana Air flight. The average age of their aircraft is 22 Years![/size]

Please see the link below and advise yourself, family and friends accordingly!

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Dana-Air
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by sayitout1: 11:34am On Jan 05, 2013
WETIN CONCERN COMEDY & PLANE. WHAT ARE THOSE CLOWNS DOING THERE? IF DANA IS CONFIDENT THEY WOULD HAVE USED SOME "REAL" GUYS.

WE SHOULD EXPECT THIS SOONER FROM THEM.

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by SSaemoenl(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2013
Check out their LOGO wink *The Smartest Way To Die* Beware!

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2013
Roseart: Brave men and women I salute you. grin
not only brave men, they are grave men and women in dat flying coffin jor.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Reference(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: It's not about wishing them to be grounded forever...it is the fanfare with which they are "getting back to business"

It is just crass!! What are they celebrating?! undecided

I completely agree, 100%. Yes they may have redeemed all liabilities but this is in bad taste. Just resume and go about your business quietly. Some may interpret this as saying 'You guys thought we will never get back, now we have'.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by kolokolobi(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
@OMO tier1 .....you seem to be the expert on this one.....I don't claim any great knowledge on this one ..was thinking aloud.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by hola84: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dana with the number 9.. Flight number 9j....,resumed flight on 4/1/13.. (1+4+1+3)=9!!! cool
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
naptu2: I don't believe that a plane crash should lead to the permanent grounding of an airline. Air France has suffered many plane crashes and yet they were not permanently grounded (remember the plane that fell into the ocean and the concorde crash?).

However, I think that the government has not handled this issue well. The investigation should have been more transparent. We need to know what caused the crash and what measures are being taken to prevent another one.

The fact that reports of investigation of previous crashes has not been released/made public is one of the reasons that people have misgivings about the resumption of flight operations by Dana. Will we ever find out the cause of this crash? Will measures be taken to prevent another one? Will it be swept under the carpet?

Guy, your brain is working FULL TIME!!!

I don't understand people again! Ok, the young shall grow motors has killed more people than Dana air on our roads, and they're still moving!
Peace transport has also taken many to their graves, let's ban them too!

Until Nigerians both in Govt and citizens alike learn to separate emotion from technicalities and also learn to criticize constructively, we WILL remain in the sorry state we are

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by temilexis: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
May all those in support of Dana Airline coming back to operation have their family members die in a plane crash because in Nigeria we don't feel for other Nigerians in as much as when bad things don't happen to our own immediate families. All of u guys clamoring for the return of Dana airline should know that families of the victims of the crash have NOT BEEN COMPENSATED till date. Secondly the FG have not till date released an official report of that ill fated flight, the investigation has been swept under the carpet. What a short memory kind of wicked people are u Nigerians that love to agree over illegality style of governance!
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by temilexis: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
To further buttress my point over you big fools that don't even understand the FG aviation law which states that any injury or loss of life in an airline must compensate the families of the victims with a minimum of $30,000 maximum of 30 days after accident. Please Nigerians note that its now 7months after the air crash and up till now the families of the berrieved have not been compensated. Mind you owners of this airline are from India and you foolish Nigerians are supporting their comeback. Do u think that in India u could escape the wrath of their laws? Do u know how many Nigerians have gone through death penalties in the hands of their justice system, talkless of those Nigerians languishing in their various prisons. No wonder we Nigerians have become second class citizens even in our own country.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by KnowAll(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=18pt]This is taking the peice. Why did they not change their name. That name 'Dana' is bad market. Na wah oh[/size]. undecided
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life:

How did the govt ignore the crash report? Has the NTSB released their investigative reports? Or has NCAA or whichever relevant agency released their reports? Accidents do not only occur in Nigeria, it happens here as well. What NTSB does is simply release a preliminary report based on recordings, but the FULL reports particularly those involving casualties take up to more than a year.

I guess you ain't resident here that's why you don't share the sentiments of the average Nairalander. You have simply forgotten how Nigeria is run.....I suppose you didn't hear that shortly after the Dana crash there was the rumor that a company belonging to the Minister of Aviation supplies aviation fuel to all airlines on our domestic route (now think contaminated fuel etc and you would see that certain people have things to hide, and there's no better way to do that other than to restore Dana's license and allow them to continue operations).
Lastly ask yourself,...has any air crash report been released since 1999? Are you claiming the Govt. is still investigating all those crashes? Now I don't know where you are resident,...but I bet in that place the Govt wouldn't allow the same man under whose watch the first crash happened to still head the NCAA till date,Demureen or so.
Guy trust me,...several millions (in dollars) must have changed hands for Dana to be back in business so soon. In Nigerai today, anything goes if you can part with cash!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
samm_miey: wot a freaking gibberish,owing to none of ur family members was among the victims!?...go find sumwia siddon soak gari

My friend, if you have nothing useful to say, please be quiet.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by chyket(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
I wish Nigerians will show this much outrage towards the road transportation where hundreds of lives are lost daily due to bad roads etc.I have never had anybody clamor so much for compensations for those helpless Nigerians who loose their lives daily on our roads.
Personally for me,there is an urgent wake up call for our Govt at every level to begin to place the adequate value to the lives of Nigerians irrespective of class,tribe and social status.
Take the several cases of kidnapping going on daily in Nigeria and it always takes the kidnap cases of high profile Nigerians for the Law enforcement Agents to do their jobs.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by manny4life(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
blackpanda:

To be honest, y'all supporting this celebration but be fcking stupd! If ur mum or dad or brother roasted in that crash I doubt u'll have the guts to come out here and pour ur trash!
That said, am not advocating they be grounded for life (since no airline is really that good in naija), but for heavens sake, have some respect for the dead! U ride 150 people to their early graves, fg turns the other way and merely slaps u on d wrist, yet u go ahead to celebrate in the faces of motherless, childless and persons that have automatically become orphans!
That's not just sad, its wicked! This celebration is uncalled for. It shows no remorse on their part. In a sane society, this will never be tolerated.
But then again, there are so many retaards on this site praising the wicked act!
If they don't celebrate, what will happen??

Tbh, you've actually exhibited the same stupidity you're accusing others of. Where in my post did I support their celebration? If you can't read, kindly go back to elementary education and start all over again. If my loved one, or someone close to me was involved, I will seek justice, but they say justice delayed isn't denied. However, how has that got to do with what I said?

Again, go back and read again, my post did not support their celebration, I said it was overboard and uncalled for, what I argued against was those calling for them to be all grounded pending when FULL investigation comes to light. In fact, why am I explaining, go back and read and quit being emotionally connected to my post...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
I actually know people who died in that plane crash, but it doesn't change facts.

Bellview, ADC and others have gone under, but it has not solved the problem, because the solution is not permanently grounding the airline, but in releasing the report of the investigation, so that we'll know what actually happened.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Grounding the airline will not bring back my friend, but publishing the report will at least let us know the cause. This can help to prevent future crashes. What if Danair was not at fault? What if the fault was from the regulatory agencies?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Slizbeat(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
blackpanda:

Its not the resumption of flight operations that's d problem. But must they throw a grand opening? This is silly and insensitive! Wen buses have accidents, do u see the owners throwing extravagant celebrations? I mean what point are they making here. 150 people dead, then the next thing is to pull out celebrities for grand opening. Does that make sense.
You nigerians are too quick to forget easily. May if one of ur close relatives is involved in d next crash, u will understand better

The reason for the Inaugural flight and the use of celebrities was to restore the trust they enjoyed from their former passengers. If Basketmouth, with all his fame and so on, was able to enter the flight, then i guess it's safe for others to board. And beside, "forgive and forget" is the code no matter what, but be concious, simple.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Slizbeat(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
GoldCircle: Just want to ask why the double standards? Bellview crashed and was grounded; ADC crashed and was grounded; and I also think same happened to sosoliso ( not too sure). I mean these airlines were owned by Nigerians. Now an Indian owned airline crashes and its back in the air 7 months after. Me thinks something isn't just right. How do you then encourage local businessmen to invest in their country? *smh*

The bolded should answer your question. Most Nigerians dont learn from their mistakes, Most indians does because this aint their country and they wouldnt want to cause any kinda loss in trust between their country and ours.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Bokoharam: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
dokunbam:

or the smartest way to die

What a good rhyme:

The smartest way to fly...
The smartest way to die
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Slizbeat(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
temilexis: May all those in support of Dana Airline coming back to operation have their family members die in a plane crash because in Nigeria we don't feel for other Nigerians in as much as when bad things don't happen to our own immediate families. All of u guys clamoring for the return of Dana airline should know that families of the victims of the crash have NOT BEEN COMPENSATED till date. Secondly the FG have not till date released an official report of that ill fated flight, the investigation has been swept under the carpet. What a short memory kind of wicked people are u Nigerians that love to agree over illegality style of governance!

God is watching you in 3D, pls take back your words so that it wouldnt happen to your family, its just an advice. But if you like, dont.

FYI, DANA has paid of the remaining 30% they owed the victim's families as at december last year. Calculating 16million naira by 158 people and see what it gives you, its not easy, not everyone can do it but they did it, and thats why they were not grounded.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: shocked shocked shocked

EIGHT months after one of the aircraft in its fleet crashed in Iju/Ishaga, Lagos, killing over 160 people and leading to the suspension of its licence, Dana Air will today, recommence flight operations to Abuja.

According to information gathered, the airline would have resumed flight operations two weeks ago but had to postpone it due to its inability to get approval from the Ministry of Aviation despite receiving the go-ahead from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

NCAA had given the condition that before it could commence flight operations, it must commence the last payment of $70, 000 compensation to the families of the victims. The airilne met the condition two weeks ago.

The Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah on Monday, gave approval for Dana Air to resume flight operations.

A letter personally signed by the minister and addressed to the Director-General, NCAA, Dr Harold Demuren, on 31st December, 2012 with reference number FMA/ATMD/502/S.835/11/56 and entitled Re: Release of Dana Airline to return to flight operations, gave approval for the airline to return to flight operations.

The letter, which was made available to some journalists, however, gave a proviso for the airline to return to operations.

Oduah, in the letter stated that the airline should complete payment of all insurance obligations and claims within two months to the dependents of the victims of the crash.

She also ordered the airline to abide by the safety regulations of NCAA.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/2265-dana-air-resumes-flight-operations-today

For me, the important thing is that the report of the investigation into the accident should be made public.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Chuksyno(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Guy u dey vex o!
dokunbam:

or the smartest way to die
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by initiate: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
How come Dbanj was not among the celebs on d plane?

But on a serious note, as the report of the crash is not out there is no guarantee another plane won't go down since they are flying d same type of aircraft wit d same crop of crew.

Now I tend to agree with the rumour dat govt might be responsible for d crash, dats why they restored the licence. We hear d bad fuel dat spoilt d planes engines was supplied by stella odua s company. Could that be true?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by damep: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
The solution in preventing further crashes is not in grounding the airline but in checking the regulations on ground and also the regulating authorities. The celebrities only came out to say they've been flying Dana Air before the crash and they still believe in the airline... Shikena
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by faithin9ja: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Pure ignorance! The fact that an airliner crash one of its aircraft is no reason for them to stop flying. Just like FG, we let reasoning be abandoned and act on sentiments.

As far as I know, dana air is yet to be indicted for gross negligence in her duty in keeping her fleet airworthy hence I see no reason why they should not be allowed to fly.

In 2009 or so, air france from sao palo, Brazil crashed into the atlantic due to a pressure alttitude probe failure that led to other human errors by the pilot. EASA and the French authorities did not ground air france. Loud mouthed Nigerians didnot stop flying with Air france. No body called air france a flying coffin! Same goes with BA B777 crash in Heathrow in 2007. BA we know has an A320 that is well over 23years old flying! That said, Airframes are designed for to last as long as 35years so 23years is still some 15years away from retirement.
[color=#006600][/color]

I wish people can read this and reason rationally

Please lets channel our energyon doing the right thing which in this case getting the FG to fund the NCAA and get the right people in the right places so that our aviation sector can be corruption free and kept safe.

The last time I checked MD80 still has one of the best safety records put there amongst other aircraft and Dana to my knowledge is yet to be indicted on gross incompetence in her discharge as an airline operator.

Bang on point, please read and rationalise......
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by fratochi: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life:

Tbh, you've actually exhibited the same stupidity you're accusing others of. Where in my post did I support their celebration? If you can't read, kindly go back to elementary education and start all over again. If my loved one, or someone close to me was involved, I will seek justice, but they say justice delayed isn't denied. However, how has that got to do with what I said?

Again, go back and read again, my post did not support their celebration, I said it was overboard and uncalled for, what I argued against was those calling for them to be all grounded pending when FULL investigation comes to light. In fact, why am I explaining, go back and read and quit being emotionally connected to my post...
. My friend thank you so much for this reply, you know there are some opinions I see on NL and I wish that there's some sort of classification for peoples comments, because honestly with that guy on NL, I will rather not comment so as not to allow an insult on my intelligence and indeed that of other brilliant and well meaning responders.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by christextension: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
life is indeed a risk.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
Now I truly understand when my German friend said "Nigerian Government are the big problems of Nigeria" All this so-called Senators, Commissioners, Governors, Presidents even there AD's has dual National, they have British passports, Canadian passports, German passport, and United States Passport so if something bad happens in the next minute they are off Nigerian soil...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
why did Dana air crash?was it due to cost saving measures?or mechanical failure?we do not know till date,if u board and die,will ur family be compensated?you are not sure,common sense isnt that common,like mario puzp said "fools die",u guys are so quick to waste ur lives,if u fly dana and die,na u sabi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City / 9ja To Usa. A Story Of Grace And Providence. / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.