Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25460 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by ocelot2006(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2013
blink182: If they like, they should invite MJ to break dance. I will never fly them. Aero contractors is also on my flying coffin list. They are a disaster waiting to happen.

I beg to differ oh. Aero contractor may own an older fleet (737-300 and 400s), but they do not joke with safety and adhere to high maintenance standards.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by sammmiey1: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2013
Swallowed 286persons?not again in Nigeria
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by ocelot2006(m): 9:07am On Jan 05, 2013
olumidazz: They have not even paid the stipulated compensation to the families of victims they killed, instead them dey invite oloriburuku basket mouth 4 publicity stunt. Oloshious dana.

Uhmmm...I think you're wrong. Dana has fully paid off the families of all victims of that ill fated flight. I believe that was one of NCAA's demands.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by chidexy(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2013
Na wa for Nigerians. Accidents are usually isolated events and if investigations and audit show that the operators are able to continue flying safely, why should their license be withdrawn or withheld. DANA Air is a business venture and are not the only airline operating in Nigeria. If you are not comfortable flying with them, then go with other operators, but to say that their license should be withheld ad infinitum, no, it is not the best business practice that a country should be practicing.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by sammmiey1: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2013
manny4life: Na wa for some people o, does it mean the airline isn't airworthy anymore?

Unfortunately, the accident has happened, they were under for 7months, they're back now having passed stringent regulations and need I say tough sanctions. So what's the problem? As for the victims, no amount of money nor publicity can bring them back, regardless of what Dana does with their PR.

All we can ask is the FG is be tougher on these guys. They're no different than the tens and hundreds that die via luxury bus accidents or tanker explosions.
wot a freaking gibberish,owing to none of ur family members was among the victims!?...go find sumwia siddon soak gari
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by kolokolobi(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2013
I would have thought the result of crash investigation should have come out first before they are allowed to take to the skies again. What if the report indicated culpability on the part of Dana management or need for remedial measures to be put in place or or ....I dont just get it. As for the celebrities who did nothing legally wrong to have allowed their notoriety to be used and ofcourse paid for the publicity stunt I hope they won't feel bad if they lost a loved one in such circunstances and other go the way they have chosen to go...just thinking. On the other hand as a loved school song goes....SERVICE TO THE LIVING HONOUR TO THE DEAD.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by markus1133: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2013
disorganized
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Crystallin(f): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2013
I hope they've taken necessary measures against plane crashes
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by ocelot2006(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2013
blackpanda:

Its not the resumption of flight operations that's d problem. But must they throw a grand opening? This is silly and insensitive! Wen buses have accidents, do u see the owners throwing extravagant celebrations? I mean what point are they making here. 150 people dead, then the next thing is to pull out celebrities for grand opening. Does that make sense.
You nigerians are too quick to forget easily. May if one of ur close relatives is involved in d next crash, u will understand better

Seriously, where is the grand opening? Do you see any fanfare at the tarmac or in the airport terminal? Do you see people popping champagne in celebration? Abeg stop being to emotional. As long as Dana has met all stringent conditions presented by both NCAA nd AIB, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with this flight.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2013
Most of u peeps condemning Dana Air return are just so daft.so many airlines have had crashes and werent stopped from flying.wat happpens to the families of the Dana. Air workers who have been unpaid in the past 7months?isnt that hunger and starvation.is Dana air worse than a VP whose new house costs more than 10B naira which is. More. Than enough to build over 2000 housing units at a modest rate of 5m per house or our leaders who are busy looting away much money than we can even think aboiut.corruption in govt has killed over 2000 people Due to hunger and sickness in the past 5 years.lets leave Dana air to operate and keep people in employment which our govt cant provide and face our. Corrupt leaders who are depriving us of our basic needs.lets stop being hypocritic
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mrlizo: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2013
AFTER THEY HAVE PAID ALL THESE CELEBS TO POSE INORDER TO CAJOLE UNSUSPECTING NIGERIANS TO FLY WITH THEM
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Rexphobia(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2013
Why not give them a break? In spite of the regular road accidents, we still travel by road, don't we. Till the investigation is completed and published, they are innocent until proved guilty.

That one no mean say I wan fly with them tho
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by abbyode(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2013
I can assure you that they are probably the safest to fly now having passed all the stringent conditions.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2013
2legit2qwt: Just wow! This is wrong on so many levels. They shouldn't even be anywhere near Nigerian airspace again or at least for a very long time. This is one of the many cases where i can say the Nigerian government is non-functional. BP oil in the US is still picking up its pieces and struggling to repair its damaged reputation. Dana air killed over 150 Nigerians and less than a year after, celebrities are invited to kick off operations wtf angry

Now I know the airline I won't be flying
Pure ignorance! The fact that an airliner crash one of its aircraft is no reason for them to stop flying. Just like FG, we let reasoning be abandoned and act on sentiments.

As far as I know, dana air is yet to be indicted for gross negligence in her duty in keeping her fleet airworthy hence I see no reason why they should not be allowed to fly.

In 2009 or so, air france from sao palo, Brazil crashed into the atlantic due to a pressure alttitude probe failure that led to other human errors by the pilot. EASA and the French authorities did not ground air france. Loud mouthed Nigerians didnot stop flying with Air france. No body called air france a flying coffin! Same goes with BA B777 crash in Heathrow in 2007. BA we know has an A320 that is well over 23years old flying! That said, Airframes are designed for to last as long as 35years so 23years is still some 15years away from retirement.

Please lets channel our energyon doing the right thing which in this case getting the FG to fund the NCAA and get the right people in the right places so that our aviation sector can be corruption free and kept safe.

The last time I checked MD80 still has one of the best safety records put there amongst other aircraft and Dana to my knowledge is yet to be indicted on gross incompetence in her discharge as an airline operator.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2013
We are always so eager to comment on issues that we have little or no information about.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by gulfer: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2013
Can't see any pictures from the airborne flight with the celebrities. Are you certain they were on the flight?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2013
kolokolobi: I would have thought the result of crash investigation should have come out first before they are allowed to take to the skies again. What if the report indicated culpability on the part of Dana management or need for remedial measures to be put in place or or ....I dont just get it. As for the celebrities who did nothing legally wrong to have allowed their notoriety to be used and ofcourse paid for the publicity stunt I hope they won't feel bad if they lost a loved one in such circunstances and other go the way they have chosen to go...just thinking. On the other hand as a loved school song goes....SERVICE TO THE LIVING HONOUR TO THE DEAD.
Sorry it does not work that way. Once fleet airworthiness is established and operational incompetence is not found, the airliner ought to be allowed to keep flying. So as far as Dana Air is concerned, they should not have been grounded by FG for 7months without any cause.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 9:47am On Jan 05, 2013
samm_miey: wot a freaking gibberish,owing to none of ur family members was among the victims!?...go find sumwia siddon soak gari
Going by your reasoning, every transporter whose vehicled has killed Nigerians on the motorway should be grounded forever because the families of those that died can only keep on living whe n the transporter seizes to exist

Use your head to think for once.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by JaaizTech: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2013
bennygee: Most of u peeps condemning Dana Air return are just so daft.so many airlines have had crashes and werent stopped from flying.wat happpens to the families of the Dana. Air workers who have been unpaid in the past 7months?isnt that hunger and starvation.is Dana air worse than a VP whose new house costs more than 10B naira which is. More. Than enough to build over 2000 housing units at a modest rate of 5m per house or our leaders who are busy looting away much money than we can even think aboiut.corruption in govt has killed over 2000 people Due to hunger and sickness in the past 5 years.lets leave Dana air to operate and keep people in employment which our govt cant provide and face our. Corrupt leaders who are depriving us of our basic needs.lets stop being hypocritic

I tire o!; Airline crashes happen everywhere although Nigeria's case is worrisome, but that is not enough reason to close an airline down, especially if they have not been found wanting in their maintenance practice. In fact I believe an airline cost so much, that almost every operator will do all within their means to ensure it doesn't crash. I would fly Dana any day anytime as long as it is cheaper. I fly the cheapest airline I find, cos I see no difference between the airlines, except ARIK, which seems to have newer planes but very unprofessional staff.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by KelvinC1(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2013
Blood-sucking people.. Na wao to Federal goverment o.. Nyash senates.. For the approval.. Sha i won go toilet.. I dey purge seriously..
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by deckk: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2013
oooppppsss!!!
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by OmoTier1(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2013
blackpanda:

To be honest, y'all supporting this celebration but be fcking stupd! If ur mum or dad or brother roasted in that crash I doubt u'll have the guts to come out here and pour ur trash!
That said, am not advocating they be grounded for life (since no airline is really that good in naija), but for heavens sake, have some respect for the dead! U ride 150 people to their early graves, fg turns the other way and merely slaps u on d wrist, yet u go ahead to celebrate in the faces of motherless, childless and persons that have automatically become orphans!
That's not just sad, its wicked! This celebration is uncalled for. It shows no remorse on their part. In a sane society, this will never be tolerated.
But then again, there are so many retaards on this site praising the wicked act!
If they don't celebrate, what will happen??
Dude, life has only respect the living and honour the dead. Dana Air has paid her dues due toFG negligence in handling of the issue.
Should any investigation indict Dana air for operational incompetence, then there might be reason to cry foul in allowing them to resume flight. But to date, none has been established. Beside if you think the best way to "respect" the dead is by grounding Dana, i think that would be stupidity. People like you have formed pressure groups all over the world keep aviation authorities on their toes to make sure they are not complacent in their discharge of their duty. How about you doing same in nigeria? Surely that would be a better way to honour the Dana crash victims ? ??
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by lion042(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2013
Another dead plane that will kill people again, nawa for this country sef... Corruption will kill us
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by israel007: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2013
I'm flying dana monday. They should reduce fare to below 10k jor instead of what they have now.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by juman(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2013
Dana should be more careful and operate according to international standard.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by deckk: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2013
diutor: http://martinuwakwe..com/2013/01/pictures-from-dana-air-inaugural-flight.html

Passengers on board Dana Air inaugural flight on Friday clap roared in jubilation when the Dana air plane landed safely at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Dana Air Flight 9J353 left the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, few minutes after 10 am and landed in Abuja at 11.05 packed with celebrities, journalists and some passengers.

Some of the celebrities who defied fear were Comedians, Basketmouth, Buchi, musician Harrisong, Kuba crew, among others.

Below are pictures from the inaugural flight
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2013
Truckpusher: These comedians don't care abt the emotional and psychological trauma that those families that lost their loved ones will pass thru just looking at them attending Dana's fanfare and smiling as if everything is alright....well, another man's fall is another man's success ,but for how much?...AMADIOHA AND OGUN IS WATCHING THEM ON 5D

THATS WHY THEY'RE COMEDIANS. EVERYTHING TO THEM IS A JOKE EVEN THEIR SAFETY undecided
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by lilyluv2(f): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2013
You guys are totally funny....how many times do buses have road accidents in this country and how many times have the companies been stopped?
You say u are wise, what if your relative is working with Dana? Would you be passing this judgement? Nigerian airspace isn't safe anymore, d problem isn't wit dana so pls leave d sickness and attack the cause which is the nigerian govt! Ʊ guys re just bleeped
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2013
In 2005 an Air France plane that was landing at Port-Harcourt airport ran into a herd of cattle on the runway. If that incident had led to fatalities would we call for the permanent grounding of Air France planes?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4659281.stm

What I'm saying is that we do not yet know if the crash was caused by Dana Air (no evidence, just speculation), so it would be wrong to start blaming them.

For me, my grouse is with the nigerian aviation authorities for not publicising the report of investigation into past crashes.

(Note: the usual practice worldwide when there is an air crash is to ground that type of plane. The airline is not usually grounded).
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by lilyluv2(f): 10:30am On Jan 05, 2013
I will fly with Dana anytime anyday....what u guys fail †Φ understnd is that Dana is now the safest airline in this country.
Reason is because they will be more careful dis time †Φ avoid a repetition of what has happened to them. After all, airfrance took off and landed in d ocean...but people still board it....if you don't like dana, simply board another flight.
We are complaining of unemployment, and with the same mouth we are talking about closing down a company that has thousands of nigerians on its payroll! Use your brain people
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by asala1: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2013
GoldCircle: Just want to ask why the double standards? Bellview crashed and was grounded; ADC crashed and was grounded; and I also think same happened to sosoliso ( not too sure). I mean these airlines were owned by Nigerians. Now an Indian owned airline crashes and its back in the air 7 months after. Me thinks something isn't just right. How do you then encourage local businessmen to invest in their country? *smh*
No double standard here. These other airlines could not come back not because the government didn't want them to. Most of their planes were not insured uptodate. They couldn't pay off the insurance of the accident victims, they couldn't keep and pay their staffs, they couldn't just come back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track / U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) / Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.