Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight (25471 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 05, 2013
This is horrible........

Only in Nigeria would you find an airline that killed over 150 souls relaunch, without proper inquest.

See celebrities that only care about money, posing for the brand!!

Have they compensated the families of the victims?

Do we still know what the cause of the crash was?

Has anyone been fired or sued?

Has anything been done so that there is no repeat?

Why are we so insensitive?

How would the families of the victims feel, when there is no public inquest as to what happened?

How do we preserve a society, when we act unfairly?

Fellow Nigerians, why do we treat each other like animals, and without love? The annoying thing is that some of our leaders do visit west, have studied in west, see the ways things are done in west, only to come back and treat people like animals....

We are good at importing the finished products of the west but bad at importing their values.... If this had happened in the Skies of UK or USA, top executives would lose their jobs, some people would be jailed, and the company would pay fines....

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by adook1: 3:21am On Jan 05, 2013
Accident report has it that vip movement in the airport,caused the crash,so the plane hovered for long thats why they have been pardoned,somebody is hiding something.dont panic they have the best crew ok

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by adook1: 3:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Accident report has it that vip movement in the airport,caused the crash,so the plane hovered for long thats why they have been pardoned,somebody is hiding something.dont panic they have the best crew,service.afterall man must die of something. ok
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Even looking closely at the staircase that leads towards the plane, you could see rust...lol

Pls don't patronise this Dana Coffin ...
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by naptu2: 3:27am On Jan 05, 2013
I do agree that the ceremony is over the top. They are simply following the template (this is what Nigerian airlines usually do for their "first flight" ). They are not thinking things through. They also want to get maximum publicity, so that potential customers would know that they are back.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Omogbhollahorn(m): 3:47am On Jan 05, 2013
dokunbam:

or the smartest way to die
abi na
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by olumidazz: 3:58am On Jan 05, 2013
They have not even paid the stipulated compensation to the families of victims they killed, instead them dey invite oloriburuku basket mouth 4 publicity stunt. Oloshious dana.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 05, 2013
IF THOSE COMEDIANS LOST THEIR LOVED ONES IN D CRASH,WOULD THEY BE SMILING FROM CHEEK TO CHEEK LIKE THAT? I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE B4 I SAY WHATS ON MY MIND

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mensdept: 4:09am On Jan 05, 2013
The funny thing is that people of course will say e no concern me, or dont patronise the flight.

Fine.

But what happens when it crashes at UNILAG abi MKO Univeristy, or at Oshodi, or estates in Isolo? What happens if school children walking to school become victims?

The below post is the best post of the new year. We shall get it right one day

obo_man: This is horrible........

Only in Nigeria would you find an airline that killed over 150 souls relaunch, without proper inquest.

See celebrities that only care about money, posing for the brand!!

Have they compensated the families of the victims?

Do we still know what the cause of the crash was?

Has anyone been fired or sued?

Has anything been done so that there is no repeat?

Why are we so insensitive?

How would the families of the victims feel, when there is no public inquest as to what happened?

How do we preserve a society, when we act unfairly?

Fellow Nigerians, why do we treat each other like animals, and without love? The annoying thing is that some of our leaders do visit west, have studied in west, see the ways things are done in west, only to come back and treat people like animals....

We are good at importing the finished products of the west but bad at importing their values.... If this had happened in the Skies of UK or USA, top executives would lose their jobs, some people would be jailed, and the company would pay fines....

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by demmy(m): 4:14am On Jan 05, 2013
I wonder how much Princess Stella Oduah collected to give Dana and its Indian owners their license back to keep killing innocent Nigerians?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Crotalus: 4:18am On Jan 05, 2013
Have we ever considered the fact that Dana might be inoocent afterall. That some other "party" might have been responsible for the crash. To my mind, the restoration of Dana's license before the release of the full report was a mea culpa on the part of the Government.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by fratochi: 4:31am On Jan 05, 2013
.....Sorry to say this, but I feel that we nigerians most times allow emotions and sentiments to overshadow our sense of judgement, I mean for goodness sake must airline be permanently grounded because one of its fleet was involved in an air accident, so are we saying that one of the inter-state luxury bus transport companies should be grounded because one of its fleet its involved in a fatal road accident? We are supposed to mount these pressures on the government and FAAN to do a thorough job on the air accident report and release it so that nigerians and indeed other airlines will learn a few precautions from instead of insisting on the withdrawal of their license. Two wrongs cannot make a right. God help us.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 05, 2013
diutor: http://martinuwakwe..com/2013/01/pictures-from-dana-air-inaugural-flight.html
the second person to the right is putting on a metal name tag on his' neck, just like the one they use in military in case you are going to battle. You know what that portrays? It means that if the plane crashed and people get burnt, it will be easy to identify my body by that tag.
Anyway, i will surely patronize them not because of all these stunts but because the airlines that will be very careful now will be DANA because of what just happened.
I like their service, it was just an unfortunate incidence that happened to them recently.
DANA ALL THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 05, 2013
Nor be this same Dana air wey kill people last year

So sharpaly sharpaly dem don re-open embarassed

I sorry for Nigeria. cry
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Kamsy10: IF THOSE COMEDIANS LOST THEIR LOVED ONES IN D CRASH,WOULD THEY BE SMILING FROM CHEEK TO CHEEK LIKE THAT? I NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE B4 I SAY WHATS ON MY MIND

Wetin concern them? Na their money dem dey find.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 05, 2013
Have they done any inquiry at all?

Where is the justice for the family of these victims?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by bashydemy(m): 5:20am On Jan 05, 2013
Ok welcome back, But i don advice my enemy not to fly Dana Air, Though i might Hate him/her but not to die like chicken'
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mensdept: 5:25am On Jan 05, 2013
pDude:

Wetin concern them? Na their money dem dey find.

They are not comedians and are nothing but local fools with fans that have low standards. They should apologize for their stupidity

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mensdept: 5:31am On Jan 05, 2013
fratochi: .....Sorry to say this, but I feel that we nigerians most times allow emotions and sentiments to overshadow our sense of judgement, I mean for goodness sake must airline be permanently grounded because one of its fleet was involved in an air accident, so are we saying that one of the inter-state luxury bus transport companies should be grounded because one of its fleet its involved in a fatal road accident? We are supposed to mount these pressures on the government and FAAN to do a thorough job on the air accident report and release it so that nigerians and indeed other airlines will learn a few precautions from instead of insisting on the withdrawal of their license. Two wrongs cannot make a right. God help us.

This issue is a matter of emotions and sentiment because over 150 people are no more because of the same old anything goes policies that complacent folks like yourself support directly or indirectly.

Mounting pressure on FAAN and the likes is one thing, but personal responsibility is another thing that everyone, including fools like the ugly 'basketmouth' should adhere to.

Anyone that wants to do the wrong thing, or associated with something criminally wrong should suffer the consequences.

But of course this na 9ja, where people can never apologize for doing the wrong thing, even to their so-called fans

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2013
To both Dana and the celebrity comedians...it's all business. Business and emotion na bad cocktail that don't mix well.

BTW....outside the unfortunate accident of last year, Dana air is a relatively safe airline.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 05, 2013
2legit2qwt: Screw basketmouth or whatever his name is angry Life ain't all about money, some Nigerians need to realize the value of the human life is more than money.
are u saying that all Dana flights are jalopy?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by eaglechild: 5:56am On Jan 05, 2013
obo_man: Even looking closely at the staircase that leads towards the plane, you could see rust...lol

Pls don't patronise this Dana Coffin ...
The staircase is not part of the plane.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Denn(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2013
looking at the pictures, seem Dana is still using the same model like the one that crashed (with engines at the back)

Another loss of both engines and the plane might drop like a brick.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by searay(m): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Why shouldn'2 Basket Mouth happy? Going to 4D via Dana and back to 3D is not easy. Congrats!
But me I no go fly.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by jerk: 6:28am On Jan 05, 2013
I dont work for dana or its relative agencies bt lets be fair here.if u think u dont like the airline for fear of crashing, there are other airlines for u to patronise. Dana is nt the only commercial airline in Nigeria so u hv options to choose from than discouraging those that wants to patronise them. I believe they hv learnt their lessons and will even be more cautious this time around.
Dont be surprise that you will see some of the victims family and friends patronising the airline again, if you continue saying such then it means that air france and other major international airlines with a record of an accident will close down or be grounded.
I will patronise them even better this time.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by fratochi: 6:39am On Jan 05, 2013
mens dept:

This issue is a matter of emotions and sentiment because over 150 people are no more because of the same old anything goes policies that complacent folks like yourself support directly or indirectly.

Mounting pressure on FAAN and the likes is one thing, but personal responsibility is another thing that everyone, including fools like the ugly 'basketmouth' should adhere to.

Anyone that wants to do the wrong thing, or associated with something criminally wrong should suffer the consequences.
.....My brother I guess I need to remind you that this is a forum for sharing of individual opinions and not expression of personal vendetta, having said that, our efforts should be directed to ensuring that the government and regulatory agencies discharge their duties to the air users by making the crash report public, indicting culpable parties and ensuring that other air lines take necessary precautions to forestall future crashes, to me this is a more result oriented approach when compared to your 'killing him because he mistakenly killed' approach you are erroneously suggesting. God help us
But of course this na 9ja, where people can never apologize for doing the wrong thing, even to their so-called fans
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 05, 2013
NL seems to be full of bunch of uninformed folks. If you are travelling by air often you will rather go with Dana.l know what I am saying. But wait. The crash was on weekend...it could have been a sabotage
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by ladiesman(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2013
We don't learn..so investigation is complete after the crash abi?....well our Govt. No get shame...all fater their pocket only God knws how much was put in their pocket to certify it is safe to fly...what's a shame !!
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by queensmith: 6:45am On Jan 05, 2013
Dana Air are trying very hard, which they should plane crashes are unfortunate incidents and reasons may as well be down to the Nigerian government being useless.

but what are they inaugurating?
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by mensdept: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2013
fratochi: [/quote][quote author=fratochi]
.....My brother I guess I need to remind you that this is a forum for sharing of individual opinions and not expression of personal vendetta, having said that, our efforts should be directed to ensuring that the government and regulatory agencies discharge their duties to the air users by making the crash report public, indicting culpable parties and ensuring that other air lines take necessary precautions to forestall future crashes, to me this is a more result oriented approach when compared to your 'killing him because he mistakenly killed' approach you are erroneously suggesting

You are in fact very correct,and such an approach is the absolute correct one, but a reasonable person, including "celebrities" should be able to exercise good judgement, including apologizing for foolishly doing somthing like this. Imagine after the 9/11 crisis in the U.S, a Saudi comedian went a few months later to ground zero to pose or crack jokes. Apples and oranges perhaps, but imagine basketmouth going to the media and demanding what you rightfully said instead of the opposite.
Re: Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2013
grin grin
Roseart: Brave men and women I salute you. grin
I almost cracked my rib this morning when I read some one comment on the Sun Newspaper web page that Dana should rather have assembled a
group of Almajiri's to test run that flight!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Petrol Tanker Fire In Onitsha Yesterday (Photos) / Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track / U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.