Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? (16462 Views)

Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / Igbo: A Tribe Or A Nation? / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2013
Somalis are devout muslims and the somali government doesnt endorse beuty pageant to represent somalia

but their are more somali super models per capita than nigeria. Somalia with 10 million people has more 3 dozen super models across the globe, nigeria should have 400 super models to be on our level but u dont

all ur models are fake with surgery and fake hair lol

if ur models are any idea of what beuty means i would say they all look like a fake imitation of somalis....
sadly those models are in a 100 as most of u dont even look anything like the. lol
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 10:28am On Apr 18, 2013
For such devout muslims they seem to have an outrageous amount of models wouldn't you say. Maybe they are not as humble as you think? I have taken the time to read alot of your posts and your theme is consistent. You keep contradicting yourself without even realizing it. Or maybe you do and choose to ignore... But please do some research, you will find like I said ancient egypt were not only one group, they had a mixture of people possessing phenotypes from many part of Africa. In fact they have found the Amarna Egyptians to have dna primarily from south africa, and quite a few admixtures from west as well. Do yourself a favor and type in ancient egypt E1b1a, or even Dnatribes ancient egypt on google.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: For such devout muslims they seem to have an outrageous amount of models wouldn't you say. Maybe they are not as humble as you think? I have taken the time to read alot of your posts and your theme is consistent. You keep contradicting yourself without even realizing it. Or maybe you do and choose to ignore... But please do some research, you will find like I said ancient egypt was not only one group, It had a mixture of people possessing phenotypes from many part of Africa. In fact they have found the Amarna Egyptians to have dna primarily from south africa, and quite a few admixtures from west as well. Do yourself a favor and type in ancient egypt E1b1a, or even Dnatribes ancient egypt on google.

its not govt sponsored, still those somali who do modelling are not nude and are not practicing muslims

whats with u and dna of egyptians and ethiopians lol

this is sad case of obsession. Ethiopians speak semetic language, they had negroid slaves and ethiopian words for u is slave
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2013
They are still Somali, are they not? Just as with the label of being black you attempt to set these things apart from you. Any influence that "brings you down" you claim is different from you. You might just be the most insecure person I have ever had the displeasure of communicating with. However it is an experience and I will take it positively.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2013
there were no negroids in ancient egypt just stop

the somalis, ethiopians who are near egypt sont even talk about egypt, why is ur ugly monkies talkin about it

somalis traded with ancient egyptians, somalia was known as punt land of gods, we speak afroasiatic language like the ancient egyptians and we dont sven claim them

but u slaves who were enslaved by whites and have no history of ur own keep talkin a out egypt

i wish some egyptians were here to see this

i have see. negroids use somalis/ethiopians and say we are ancient egyptians so they can say ancient egyptians were black

we horners dont even identify as black and would enslave u negroids if u were in our land 100 years ago

how sad
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: They are still Somali, are they not? Just as with the label of being black you attempt to set these things apart from you. Any influence that "brings you down" you claim is different from you. You might just be the most insecure person I have ever had the displeasure of communicating with. However it is an experience and I will take it positively.
Soliloqyofchaos: They are still Somali, are they not? Just as with the label of being black you attempt to set these things apart from you. Any influence that "brings you down" you claim is different from you. You might just be the most insecure person I have ever had the displeasure of communicating with. However it is an experience and I will take it positively.

u have issues, so a somali girl who doesnt practice her faith chooses to be a model what does that have to do with me

imagine if modeling was ok in our religion, there would be thousands of models lol

while all of u negroids cant even get more than 30 super models from west africa lol
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2013
You speak of the past like you had an influence, how amusing. Maybe what you are saying is correct and your people could have dominated mine (I have no idea). I prefer to stay in the present in these matters however, and as far as I know the country of Somalia is doing very poorly and requires help from the people you call monkeys. If monkeys are doing better than you, what then can you say about yourself? What then are you?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: You speak of the past like you had an influence, how amusing. Maybe what you are saying is correct and your people could have dominated mine (I have no idea). I prefer to stay in the present in these matters however, and as far as I know the country of Somalia is doing very poorly and requires help from the people you call monkeys. If monkeys are doing better than you, what then can you say about yourself? What then are you?

dude we owned u as slaves ... for hundreds of years....so did whites.....u are a weak people

somalis have been fighting to gain our free choice in electing our leaders and choosin islamic law

we have finally done that.....kenya is getting poor by the day as all the somalis are leavin and sellin their buisness to go and invest in somalia

at the end of the day ur people are ugly, u have no history, u are slaves, u have accomplished very little to this date, we somalis while havin no goverment for 20 years have higher gdp than some negroid bantu nations

how sad
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2013
So your accomplishment is having a higher gdp than the lowest countries in the world? Hmm by seeing your goals I have a little better understanding as to why you are such an unpleasant person. And your comments just serve the purpose of fortifying my argument that you are dependant on your past because your present has very little value. Like I said before, the people you owned as slaves are now the ones providing you assistance and are more progressive than you. Very sad isnt it?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2013
who neeeds bantu assistance, lol

talkin about the past seriously the negroids who always talk about others history more than their own sheeesh
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2013
We don't use it as a weapon, we use it as a shield as there are people like you who are always attacking us, No?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: We don't use it as a weapon, we use it as a shield as there are people like you who are always attacking us, No?

negroids are submissive people
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 11:23am On Apr 18, 2013
It seems that is all the useful(if I can even call it that) information you can contribute to this thread. I am tired anyways so I will be going off, take a break too and see if you don't become more productive. (This was an insult in case you could not comprehend)
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 11:24am On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: It seems that is all the useful(if I can even call it that) information you can contribute to this thread. I am tired anyways so I will be going off, take a break too and see if you don't become more productive. (This was an insult in case you could not comprehend)

smiley go start a thread on egyptian dna
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: Interesting input to Arabs, but I believe they have many different groups. As a comparison, you can see that the original egyptians were black, but through the passage of time they assimilated different peoples. The reign of the true ancient egyptians ended after the storming of Arabs who looted and destroyed the area.

Please abeg enough nonsense. The original Egyptians were light brown/brown-yellowish. Definitely not black.

If you want , go check the skin colour of the mummies. The skin is still preserved.

[img]http://www.topnews.in/files/Egyptian-mummy.jpg[/img]

Egyptians have always depicted themselves as brown in paintings.

There is a difference between EGYPTIAN (more closely related to the Berbers) and NUBIAN .

Note: Anubis the God has a black head, while the Egyptian has a brown head.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Please abeg enough nonsense. The original Egyptians were light brown/brown-yellowish. Definitely not black.

If you want , go check the skin colour of the mummies. The skin is still preserved.

There is a difference between EGYPTIAN (more closely related to the Berbers) and NUBIAN .

if egyptians were brown....lets say.....do you think they were nigerians, ghanians, or ethiopians/somalis? lmao

Like other Afroasiatic languages, Egyptian uses two grammatical genders, masculine and feminine, similarly to Arabic, Tamasheq and Somali. It also uses three grammatical numbers, contrasting singular, dual, and plural forms, although there is a tendency for the loss of the dual as a productive form in later Egyptian.

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hmm, no you are very wrong Pagan. While I do enjoy viewing pictures as I believe they can create a better understanding; when they are used in the context you just have however, all they accomplish is confusion. I can and will if you really want me to, post pictures of egyptian mummies that had dark/black skin. It is really easy to look it up on google and find them. As I have stated before, there is no doubt that there are brown skinned mummies present, in fact I believe there is an abundance. Remember however that like most other civilizations the incorporation of several different groups of people created their society. I would also not be surprised to find out that the mummy you showed was one in the later dynasties, as earlier you would find them to mostly be dark/black skinned.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by PAPAAFRICA: 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: So your accomplishment is having a higher gdp than the lowest countries in the world? Hmm by seeing your goals I have a little better understanding as to why you are such an unpleasant person. And your comments just serve the purpose of fortifying my argument that you are dependant on your past because your present has very little value. Like I said before, the people you owned as slaves are now the ones providing you assistance and are more progressive than you. Very sad isnt it?
LOOL
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 12:54am On Apr 19, 2013
somalia9:

if egyptians were brown....lets say.....do you think they were nigerians, ghanians, or ethiopians/somalis? lmao

Like other Afroasiatic languages, Egyptian uses two grammatical genders, masculine and feminine, similarly to Arabic, Tamasheq and Somali. It also uses three grammatical numbers, contrasting singular, dual, and plural forms, although there is a tendency for the loss of the dual as a productive form in later Egyptian.

answer this question

Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 4:54am On Apr 19, 2013
Rephrase your question. I do not understand
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 4:59am On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 5:02am On Apr 19, 2013
What are you trying to say?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 5:11am On Apr 19, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: What are you trying to say?

am askin a question because u said ancient egyptians had brown skin.

who were those people with brown skin? were they nigerians, ghanians? or somalis, eritreans, ethiopians?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 5:25am On Apr 19, 2013
I said ancient egyptians had ranging skin colors. As far as brown or lighter skinned people I believe they were introduced in the later dynasties from at the time Roman, Turkish peoples etc. Outside of Africa influences basically. Before these outside influences they primarily consisted of dark skinned africans.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 5:32am On Apr 19, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: I said ancient egyptians had ranging skin colors. As far as brown or lighter skinned people I believe they were introduced in the later dynasties from at the time Roman, Turkish peoples etc. Outside of Africa influences basically. Before these outside influences they primarily consisted of dark skinned africans.

ok, i thought u were claiming ancient egyptians like other afrocentrics
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Um...That mummies skin is decayed...And of course the skin color of the Egyptians varied due to mixing with their neighboring Eurasians. And no skins of the mummies are 'preserved'.

And Nubians are the closest related to the Ancient Egyptians beside modern day Egyptians. So no...Berbers are not more related to the Ancient Egyptians than the Nubians.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 19, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos: I said ancient egyptians had ranging skin colors. As far as brown or lighter skinned people I believe they were introduced in the later dynasties from at the time Roman, Turkish peoples etc. Outside of Africa influences basically. Before these outside influences they primarily consisted of dark skinned africans.

Not just that but the Ancient Egyptians conquered many 'non African land', like parts of Levant and the pharaohs married many Asiatic wives for political purpose.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 19, 2013
somalia9: if egyptians were brown....lets say.....do you think they were nigerians, ghanians, or ethiopians/somalis? lmao

The Ancient Egyptians were Nile Saharans and Afro-Asiatic. Basically of Northeast African stock. Skin color means nothing...
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Soliloqyofchaos: 5:40am On Apr 19, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Not just that but the Ancient Egyptians conquered many 'non African land', like parts of Levant and the pharaohs married many Asiatic wives for political purpose.

Very true, people who believe ancient egyptians were not black, and provide proof on "non african" peoples do not realize how flawed their arguments are. You cannot claim with few examples of mummies, statues or drawings from the greco roman period that egyptians were not black. That is laughable.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by somalia9: 5:42am On Apr 19, 2013
so u sayin ethiopians and somalis were ancient egyptians, cause we speak afroasiatic language?
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 19, 2013
Soliloqyofchaos:

Very true, people who believe ancient egyptians were not black, and provide proof on "non african" peoples do not realize how flawed their arguments are. You cannot claim with few examples of mummies, statues or drawings from the greco roman period that egyptians were not black. That is laughable.

Seriously...It should be freaking obvious right now that the Ancient Egyptians with an indigenous African people. Now would they be considered black if they were alive today? Maybe...Did they carry native African genes? Most certainly yes!

Seriously the Upper Egypt which jump started the Ancient Egyptian civilization were most certainly African.
Re: Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 19, 2013
somalia9: so u sayin ethiopians and somalis were ancient egyptians, cause we speak afroasiatic language?

Please don't twist what I say. Afro-Asiatic and Nile Saharan are just LANGUAGE GROUPS. You do know that HOA and Southwest Asians aren't the only ones that speak Afro-Asiatic right? Have you ever heard of the Chadic language? Anyways what I really meant was that the Ancient Egyptians were similar to those people who spoke those languages. Ethiopians and Somalis only share a common ancestry with the Ancient Egyptians at best. Which is why I say the Ancient Egyptians are Northeast African stock.

The people are the closet related to the Ancient Egyptians(besides modern Egyptians) are the Nubians. And they speak Nile Saharan language. Saying the Berbers are closet to the Ancient Egyptians is just laughable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija History / Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! / The Edos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.