Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Beware Of ATM Card Cloning - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of ATM Card Cloning (15786 Views)

Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by tosinadeda: 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2008
i wish i knew also
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by proxies(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2008
well, as for me, I conclude that the some ATM machines have been side tracked so as to give the information of the cards being used in it.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by tosinadeda: 11:57pm On Mar 16, 2008
nothing is impossible o
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by mrofficial(m): 3:38am On Mar 17, 2008
Beware of Skimmer!

Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 17, 2008
My mum has had her own fair share of ATM mishaps

She went to withdraw some money, she did
But, it was 7000 naira short.

I have accounts with 2 different banks and I still dont think I need the ATM
Really I prefer the large crowd and long queue to someone stealing my money.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by niyyie(m): 4:36am On Mar 17, 2008
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by tosinadeda: 7:14am On Mar 17, 2008
wonders they say will never end shocked
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by seefar: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2008
it is really unfortunate how some ppl fall pray to scammers and clone artists. all i can say is that ppl should be careful with their ATM cards.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by Scopium: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2008
[size=13pt]I've had a fair share of ATM disapointments but it's not big enough for me to condemn it. I'm always careful when using the machine. My PIN can never ever substitute my head for any other form of accomodation[/size]
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by otokx(m): 8:52am On Mar 17, 2008
The guy was not wise.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by presido1: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2008
Please guys i realy do not understand the kinda internet transaction that will need you to key in your pin number.
Can somebody help me with that pls.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by Kenny(m): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2008
Always request that your bank remove unwanted guys from your back probably looking over your shoulder, and watching you as you key in your PIN. You too must be concious of your environment.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by rasputinn(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Chrisoml,

Wetin dem dey call old school for ya language? grin grin grin grin grin
I no blame you jare my broda,infact I share your views
I do have ATM cards,all interswitch enabled,but the accounts I routed them to are closely monitored via sms alert and weekly balance from acc officer
This is because I lost my wallet containing my former cards as well as local and foreign currency
though I de-activated the old cards and got new ones with assurances from the banks that everything is ok now,
I had to employ the above measures just in case. wink wink wink
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
How do you explain this.
A friend's colleague lost her bag in a restaurant and within an hour some dude withdrew large sums of monies from her account using her ATM card, how did he figure out the PIN
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by chrisoml(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
everything in life alway impossible until its been perfected by someone else.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by chrisoml(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2008
rasputinn:

I do have ATM cards,all interswitch enabled,but the accounts I routed them to are closely monitored via sms alert and weekly balance from acc officer

@rasputinn Mr. Newest school, pls when exactly do you receive this sms alert. is it before or after any transaction? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by HRhotness(f): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2008
The problem with Nigeria is that we are desperate to meet the technological advancement of western countries but not willing to take the security measures necessary for that to work.

The ATM issue worries me and i have had a number of incidents to discourage me completely,  its only in Nigeria that ATM machines will give you incorrect sums of money. I'm used to taking my money and leaving, imagine my shock when i realised i was N1000 short, i thot i had lost my mind. my brother made it clear that it is normal, after a number of incidents i closed my Nigerian acct. I use my Barclay's visa card in Nigeria now, i dont mind the extra charge for security.

about internet transactions requiring PIN numbers? that should set off alarm bells in your head, why would they need your PIN? Plus interenet transactions should only be performed on secure sites. the ignorance in Nigeria is very depressing, even my mum is at fault, happily sending people to ATM's with her pin. Nigerians want to use all these modern conveniences without fully understanding how they work.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by A2b(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2008
That is why u dont allow anybody 2 know ur pin, check am now personal identification number(PIN)
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by rasputinn(m): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
chrisoml:

@rasputinn Mr. Newest school, please when exactly do you receive this sms alert. is it before or after any transaction? grin grin grin cheesy

Fa fa fa fauuuuuuu,
I no be new school oo,walahi ta lahi
The sms thingy na afta the transacn though,but you no go believe how many times i don change the pin
plus I always leave  "controlled"balances in the ATMed accounts just in case grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by chrisoml(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
ok brother,
I wish u 100% safe protection and all we Nigerians wisdom to secure ourselves/belongings at all times. Let God make to be smarter than those trying to reap where they did not sow in due season.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by kayowalemi(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
I beg is there anyone in the house who can give me his/her pin now, am out of cash? I promise to delete from memory after using it. I dey wait oooo.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by rasputinn(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2008
kayowalemi:

I beg is there anyone in the house who can give me his/her pin now, am out of cash? I promise to delete from memory after using it. I dey wait oooo.

If you promise to delete from memory,then here is my PIN

Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by rasputinn(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
kayowalemi:

If you promise to delete from memory,then here is my PIN

Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by emiemi(f): 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2008
kayowalemi:

Very funny. grin grin grin grin grin
You can have mine as well. 0000
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by PurestBoy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
emiemi:

Very funny. grin grin grin grin grin
You can have mine as well. 0000
kayowalemi:

Look at your big head, making fool of yourself at your age. Tufiakwa
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by rowlandboy: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
When a man who knows no disaster hears weeping he thinks it is a song.no matter how the wind blows it cannot change the direction of the river.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by mdjo(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2008
Re ATM Fraud

I think it is true, someone/somepeople somewhere somehow are defrauding innocent people of their money through ATM.
I can testify to this cos it happend to my woman some weeks back. It sounded vague to me at first and later I got confused.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by choco4life(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2008
kayowalemi:

Here's my PIN 0911
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by laidback(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
I HAVE THREE ACCOUNTS - THREE DIFFERENT BANKS. TWO OF THOSE ARE 'ATMed' - THE ONES I KEEP LITTLE MONEY (what exactly is little money? - whateva). THE THIRD WHERE I INTEND TO KEEP LARGE SUMS HAS NO ATM. TRY IT.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by volina(f): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
in Kenya too we have hackers. the whole issue is called nigerian scum i do kno why. what this guys do is to insert sam gadgets to the machine one you insert n key in the pin ,transaction halts. meanwhile a guy will always pop up to assist u.if u follow his instructions then the card seems to be captured.so that , the person leaves the huckers continue with the exercise!how ever our security is more beefed.most kenyans use ATMs coz they r cheaper. In most atms they r cctv cameras n a trained quard, the  scum is almost non existance
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by volina(f): 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
mr.official:

Beware of Skimmer!

what is happening in this photos!
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by twinstaiye(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2008
[size=20pt]PLEASE NOTE THAT, NOBODY NEEDS YOUR CARD NUMBER AND PIN FOR ANYTHING, NOT EVEN YOUR BANKER. IT SHOULD BE STRICTLY KNOWN TO YOU ONLY.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop? / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing / My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.