Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Beware Of ATM Card Cloning - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of ATM Card Cloning (15791 Views)

Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by tosinadeda: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2008
i see its a general problem
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by svtuition: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2010
Read more about ATM Cloning at www.svtuition.org/2010/06/atm-cloning.html
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by guysmat(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
I want to believe ATMs have inbuilt cameras to take pictures of the ATM card users the moment any card is slotted into the machine.

The time stamps, pictures and transactions executed on the ATM are save to the ATM's hard disk.

These saved data are only called upon when problems of ATM card cloning & etc are reported.

Now, for a bank to keep on insisting that an owner withdrew money contrary to the complainant's statement without accessing the saved data on the ATM's hard drive means the personnel in charge of the ATMs are not fully aware of the an ATM's capabilities, the internal cameras were disconnected upon installation (which is highly unlikely) or the personnel weren't trained on the internal surveillance capability of the ATM.
Re: Beware Of ATM Card Cloning by jascon1(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing / My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It / What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.