Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,317 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport (22411 Views)

Man Inserts Cocaine In Anus From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport / Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport / 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by emiye(m): 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
babyosisi:

I doubt if he married all of them at the same time
He must have married just one wife in his youth and as the music career and fame came,he added on to his harem
Don't be surprised that he may have just married one in 2007 when King Sunny Ade gave him the boots
So he may have children in their 30's plus some in diapers
And as is always the case,the older kids couldn't be bothered about the little half siblings when they have their own lives to live
So what does the guitar boy do?
He carries drugs

What I wanna know is how an old man like this will have connection to drug business
Let him spill the beans,it is not enough to catch the mules,where is the big oga sending them.

The point is not if he married them the same day or not, It is why 4 wives and loads of children... ?

He was already digging his own grave, in the eventuality his income profile nose dive. (this happens more often than not) He knew his career had no pension, he was not even the star to earn royalties ,,, it is simply foolishnessss.

I hardly feel any pity for him, it is important others learn

Nothing is certain in life, you have to prepare for the worst case scenario.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by sammmiey1: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
Why do we have umpteen of post hidden in dis thread?
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
He opened up on his arrest and what pushed to drug trafficking…
After my primary education, I only did one year in the secondary school before I went into music. I can play any kind of guitar but my music career is a sad story. I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007. I was unprepared and without severance money I saw the bitter side of life. This is my first time of involving myself in drug trafficking. I did it out of frustration because at my age I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself’, Abiodun narrates.
‘I live in Ibadan with my family.[size=18pt] I was invited to Lagos where I was given 50,000 naira and they promised that every arrangement will be ready for me to travel soon. They promised to pay me one million naira[/size]. If not for my condition, I would have turned down the offer but it was my last hope to free myself from financial difficulty. I was given the bag and my ticket but at the airport NDLEA detected the drug. Since then, I have been in deep pain. I feel bad because I have no one to help me’, he explained.

NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade described the involvement of Fatoke in drug trafficking as sad and disappointing. ‘It is sad and disappointing for a grandfather to be involved in drug trafficking. This is a bad legacy to his children. This is a good start for the Agency in the year and a sign that the days ahead will be tough for drug traffickers. The Agency will continue to handle every case in accordance with the NDLEA Act’.
The suspect will be charged to court for unlawful exportation and possession of narcotics. If convicted, he could spend the next 25 years in prison custody.

Who invited him to Lagos and who gave him the drugs?
It may be a politician or some big shot for all you know after all the late dayriam mamankita grin had her thing going until Dele Giwa wanted to write a story with solid evidence and they sent him a letter bomb.

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by kbsheshe(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
It's unfortunate for a man of his age

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by nyabingi(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
With the way the story goes its obvious that this baba was not doing his first shipment and secondly he must have learnt the trade from his former boss.The king and his band boys just like other prominent yoruba musicians like kwam1, Sir Shina Peters,Adewale Ayuba etc are usually given VIP treatments at the nation's airport,they are not searched rigorously like any other travelers. the truth remains that many of our so-called respected musicians are drug peddlers but i know that a lot of people here would not agree with me. there is a lot that happens in the entertainment industry that we don't know about!
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by informatix: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
poverty is no excuse for crime his Ticket money alone is a Good Capital to start Garri Business. grin grin grin.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by informatix: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
nyabingi: With the way the story goes its obvious that this baba was not doing his first shipment and secondly he must have learnt the trade from his former boss.The king and his band boys just like other prominent yoruba musicians like kwam1, Sir Shina Peters,Adewale Ayuba etc are usually given VIP treatments at the nation's airport,they are not searched rigorously like any other travelers. the truth remains that many of our so-called respected musicians are drug peddlers but i know that a lot of people here would not agree with me. there is a lot that happens in the entertainment industry that we don't know about!
To a certain degree when i puzzled out your assertions they began to make sense. Yoruba celebrities are synonymous with Drugs. But it's unfortunate this baba didnt have plan B for eventuality.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by smartg(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sunny ade should try and help him out no matter what, its not easy
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Beync(f): 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
i thought they said this trade is only for a particular people. now they are professionals even at old age, smh.

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by tomakint: 12:48am On Jan 07, 2013
Omo Alata: Surely he must have grown up kids who could have assisted him sad
In Nigeria of today, even many grown up children still depend on their parents, uncles, other family members for their survival, the situation is that grim! Oh! by the way, Omo Alata, mo fe ra ata rodo ati tatase, elo lo n taa? grin
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by tomakint: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2013
babyosisi:
Who invited him to Lagos and who gave him the drugs?
It may be a politician or some big shot for all you know after all the late dayriam mamankita grin had her thing going until Dele Giwa wanted to write a story with solid evidence and they sent him a letter bomb.
I got the code grin its like you know a lot about some classified info within d corridors of power! Just be careful gurl it's an espionage world u neva can tell who is watching wink
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by romanlaw(m): 5:27am On Jan 07, 2013
Foolish old man. Lie Lie old man. This cannot be his first time. He shld face the music. Love of women and money leads to early grave.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 07, 2013
Roseart: That's sad what people are reduced to because of poverty. I wonder how much he was paid during his time, was it all gone when he was fired in 2007?

Celebrities seem to believe that money will always flow and never prepare for the unknown.
he said he was paid 1m, dat it was he's only oppurtunity 2 elude poverty
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by COOLDUN: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2013
gbosaa:

King Sunny Ade should be the happiest man right now,imagine going on a world tour with this man and such happens..
He king Ade would,ve been arrested as well and the very good image he had built over the years would,ve been tanished forever just like that.

I dont believe this is the first time he is doing something like this.he must wasted his earning in owambe.
30 years of playing with a maestro like Ade without any savings isnt an excuse to deal drug.
He should,ve used his skills to make a living or go to Ade for assistance.

Do you know who taught him this traficking skill? Do not rule out anything. I thank God he is not from hated tribe; you would have heard the bigots emerging from their slums to write trash. Crime is committed by every tribe, race and people.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by eddg(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
people at what ever age should channel their energy to productive and noble ventures and not otherwise lest shame and disgrace is lurking around the corner
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by IYANGBALI: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
samm_miey: Why do we have umpteen of post hidden in dis thread?
seun hates their guts
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
See his face...Useless Yoruba-Yoruba old grandfather angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud / FRSC Official Who Was Victim Of Soldiers Brutality Demands For Justice - Video / Cultist Arraigned For Drowning A Rival Who Killed His 2-month-old Baby (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.